Author Topic: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Abilities Refinements <Solved>  (Read 3658 times)

Hazedge

• View Profile
[FFVIII-PCSteam] Abilities Refinements <Solved>
« on: 2018-10-04 08:59:08 »
Since we can change a bunch of magic names, limit break and abilities too, I'm facing a little problem with the Refinements conversions.
For example, I've changed these names:
Aero > Aerora
Tornado > Aeroga
Water >Watera
Demi > Waterga (changed its animation and other effects...)

But when using Time Mag-RF, its help info said thats turning Steel Orb into "Demi", which was already changed.
How can I modify these infos? And is it possible to modify each of these RF abilities to my liking?
« Last Edit: 2018-10-15 18:27:07 by Hazedge »

Girl next door

• View Profile
Re: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Abilities Refinements
« Reply #1 on: 2018-10-04 14:58:16 »
These texts are in the mngrp.bin which is in the menu.fs. You can use this tool to change these > http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15967.0 but for most of them, you'll have to change them by hexedit.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-10-04 17:06:09 »
I've opened the mngrp.bin and there was any info text of RF abilities, all it had was main menu stuff, like Junction, Magic, Items, GF, Abilities, Config.... But nothing about "Converts 1x for 10x Curaga". These ones are Hextedit only?

Girl next door

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-10-04 18:17:22 »
Yeah these ones are only by hexedit.

Leythalknight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-10-04 18:21:22 »
I've opened the mngrp.bin and there was any info text of RF abilities, all it had was main menu stuff, like Junction, Magic, Items, GF, Abilities, Config.... But nothing about "Converts 1x for 10x Curaga". These ones are Hextedit only?

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, the text you're looking for is in Formula1, Formula2, etc. near the bottom of the program's dropdown box.

You can use GFRefine to change what refines into what: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=18254.0 You can change where each refinement ability begins and ends reading data with Doomtrain (Abilities --> Menu, Start Entry and End Entry), but from my understanding, GFRefine won't work properly if you change this.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-10-15 18:26:57 »
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes! It worked just fine, I didnt know about the Formula1, Formula2 etc..... I changed everything just fine, thank you!