Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001056 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: 1 Year later.
« Reply #325 on: 2011-04-01 20:06:49 »
how about what i said before? D: a way to edit young cloud & or sephiroth, with an "Add All" Section added for item and materias. just sayin :p

well you can do that easily , just not so stright foward,

1. open BC.
2. select New Game
3. put in debug mode.
4. click on sephiroth , then use the "Export Char" feature
5. do again for y.cloud
6. import those chars to your saves. cait/vincent slot

the main reason this is not easy to do is it can create some issues if you do this (so i can't assure you its gonna always work correctly)

here you go the .char files need for young cloud and sephiroth are in this here archive. just remember to click on the char you want to replace BEFORE importing the .char file

edit:[link removed-old]
« Last Edit: 2012-04-12 13:56:10 by sithlord48 »

Apocalypse84

Re: [RELEASE v1.7]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #326 on: 2011-04-02 12:31:34 »
Hello everyone!
First, thanks for this fantastic program.
I want to inform you about a bug I found: when I tested it, I edited the count of the number of the battles and when I went to talk with the man in the cave that inform you about battles' number, the dialog box takes some second before it appeared and the character wasn't able to move during these seconds (if it can interest you, I edited it around 32.767 to experiment Chocobo Breeding exploit). I tested it in PSX version.
Finally I was wondering if it could be possible to create an option to repeat the battles against the 2 Weapons (Emerald and Ruby), or a system like you made with "Turtle's Paradise Flyers" or "Materia Caves", selecting or not if you have already beaten the 2 monsters.
Thanks in advance and congratulations again for your work!
« Last Edit: 2011-04-02 12:37:37 by Apocalypse »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #327 on: 2011-04-02 13:24:14 »
Hello everyone!
First, thanks for this fantastic program.
Your welcome
I want to inform you about a bug I found: when I tested it, I edited the count of the number of the battles and when I went to talk with the man in the cave that inform you about battles' number, the dialog box takes some second before it appeared and the character wasn't able to move during these seconds (if it can interest you, I edited it around 32.767 to experiment Chocobo Breeding exploit). I tested it in PSX version.

Intresting, i bet this would happen if you really had played that many battles. I have noticed a lot of small unintended bugs when you put really large numbers places they should not be. (in a full played game FF7 , its hard to even reach 9999 battles..) 4732 is the battle count from my almost perfect legit save (psx save slot 15 in samples). this file is 100% legit from my psx memcard. i have spent lots of battles turning things in to sources so this game has more then normal number of battles in it

Finally I was wondering if it could be possible to create an option to repeat the battles against the 2 Weapons (Emerald and Ruby), or a system like you made with "Turtle's Paradise Flyers" or "Materia Caves", selecting or not if you have already beaten the 2 monsters.
Thanks in advance and congratulations again for your work!
eventually that will be possible , the problem is that there are about 1000 bytes that are still unknown . and some of them need to be set perfectly to make those happen, i have not looked in to this at all since i have been (very slowly) working my way foward in the game to watch the way the file changes, as an example bombing mission has about half a dozen bytes that need to be set correctly . so its a slow process.

Apocalypse84

« Reply #328 on: 2011-04-02 17:41:24 »
Thanks for your reply.

Intresting, i bet this would happen if you really had played that many battles. I have noticed a lot of small unintended bugs when you put really large numbers places they should not be. (in a full played game FF7 , its hard to even reach 9999 battles..) 4732 is the battle count from my almost perfect legit save (psx save slot 15 in samples). this file is 100% legit from my psx memcard. i have spent lots of battles turning things in to sources so this game has more then normal nu
If I understood correctly this mean that it is due to the fact that I didn't really play them, isn't it? Well, since I read in a guide that you need this number of battle for making a fast Chocobo Breeding obtaining the Gold Chocobo in few minutes I thought to use your program to test it, even though it can be in any case done without these number of battles, even though it takes more minutes (30 minutes). Anyway do you think it can be fixed or it will remain so?

eventually that will be possible , the problem is that there are about 1000 bytes that are still unknown . and some of them need to be set perfectly to make those happen, i have not looked in to this at all since i have been (very slowly) working my way foward in the game to watch the way the file changes, as an example bombing mission has about half a dozen bytes that need to be set correctly . so its a slow process.
I understood. I have no knowledge of these things, but I guess it's a difficult thing to do.
However, as the previous question, do you have plan to add this thing in future releases?

Finally, I found a thing that I don't know if it's a really a bug: in the equipment tab of the characters, when you add/remove materia, is it normal that the character's states like HP and MP don't change or this thing happen only in the program and then when you load the state they instead changed?
I know that I'm meticolous, but I think that your program is really fantastic, so if it can be improved I'm really glad.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #329 on: 2011-04-02 17:53:49 »
Thanks for your reply.
If I understood correctly this mean that it is due to the fact that I didn't really play them, isn't it? Well, since I read in a guide that you need this number of battle for making a fast Chocobo Breeding obtaining the Gold Chocobo in few minutes I thought to use your program to test it, even though it can be in any case done without these number of battles, even though it takes more minutes (30 minutes). Anyway do you think it can be fixed or it will remain so?
I understood. I have no knowledge of these things, but I guess it's a difficult thing to do.
However, as the previous question, do you have plan to add this thing in future releases?

no what i mean is the game was not made to really ever have that many battles fought. its prolly just a bug in the game it self (beleave it or not their are quite a few of them).

Finally, I found a thing that I don't know if it's a really a bug: in the equipment tab of the characters, when you add/remove materia, is it normal that the character's states like HP and MP don't change or this thing happen only in the program and then when you load the state they instead changed?
I know that I'm meticolous, but I think that your program is really fantastic, so if it can be improved I'm really glad.
Yes, this is normal the hp/mp that you see as the chars main hp/mp is calculated by the game based on your base hp/mp (in the stats area) and any equipment or materia you have that may also modify it since this value is not really "read" by the game i dont bother to calculate it in the program, also im not 100% sure how the math is really done. (i hope you find this to be an acceptable answer)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2011-04-02 19:05:29 »
I believe Terrence Ferguson has a whole FF7 mechanics thing somewhere if you wanted to figure out what the real HP/MP should be.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2011-04-02 22:02:55 »
About the number of battles, I believe you meant more than 45 seconds before the box appears. In fact, at 32 767 fights, the game takes a lot of time to load; however, at 32 768 fights, it opens immediately. Here's a demonstration. P.S.: That person, KartSeven, didn't cheat to get that number of fights and he fought them all. I am one of the persons who can assume it. He stayed for exactly 507 hours and 32 minutes in the 1st reactor levelling up to level 99 (while streaming this all!) and had all his characters at level 99 before the temple of the Ancients. Don't doubt that video, that is an incontestable proof of one of the many glitches in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dx8NeuM6T0

You MAY NOT post your thoughts here, but by PMing me or starting another topic.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #332 on: 2011-04-02 22:10:23 »
thank you vgr255 for the post...

I'm compiling 1.8 and getting it packed up so stay tuned. for the release will be later today

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2011-04-03 00:06:37 »
great work! BC 1.7 has been a great help for me. Thanks :D

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.8]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #334 on: 2011-04-03 01:24:45 »
One Year After the first Version of Black Chocobo was Released . the Newest version is finished and you can now download it with new features ther might be more but these are the ones worth noting
  • New: New About dialog
  • New: Main Black Chocobo Window is resizable. (as well as all other windows)
  • New: Psx Icons Shown as Part of region info
  • New: Options to reset some settings to default
  • Fixed: list area not resizing in slot select dialog
  • Fixed: small gui issues, better use of layouts, and grouping
  • Fixed: now we don't export non ff7 saves to pc from other formats.
  • Fixed: options dialog paths displaing incorrectly after folder selection is used to change the path.
  • Fixed: Pc Header Data now has byte mask generated on the fly,the empty bit is correctly used now,as well as initial slot selection being set to the slot your viewing when you save.
  • Fixed: MC saves and PSX saves now will correctly display slots in game
  • Fixed: Possible Issue with lang files not being found correctly.
  • Updated: Spanish Translation (thanks Eslava!)
  • Updated: French Translation (Correctly, Idk cause its was done mostly w/ google translator)

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Year later.
« Reply #335 on: 2011-04-03 11:48:04 »
well you can do that easily , just not so stright foward,

1. open BC.
2. select New Game
3. put in debug mode.
4. click on sephiroth , then use the "Export Char" feature
5. do again for y.cloud
6. import those chars to your saves. cait/vincent slot

the main reason this is not easy to do is it can create some issues if you do this (so i can't assure you its gonna always work correctly)

here you go the .char files need for young cloud and sephiroth are in this here archive. just remember to click on the char you want to replace BEFORE importing the .char file

http://dopplereffect.shacknet.nu/chars.zip

oh sith thank you much! now i can get back to my ebil evilness ;D

Apocalypse84

« Reply #336 on: 2011-04-03 13:19:36 »
Thanks for the new release!

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2011-04-04 21:11:28 »
Well'p, i seem to be all sorts of Broken today, but Sith i may have found a problem with BC for 1.7 (need to redownload and get 1.8 as it may not exist in that version, i'll do that now.)

i've been editing my initial data for awhile and changing things making a few saves and what not and have recently stumbled across something. in Slot 1 it has the original Initial Data that the game came with, and i can modify it fine with BC no problems. however, (and this is the only time ive had an issue with BC at this point) i changed the initial data around to give everyone except a few people 4-2 and 4-3 Limits and saved in the #1 Reactor. i opened up BC and i can edit Slot 1 -fine-, however if i try and edit Slot 2 (the recent save at the #1 Reactor) BC Freezes up and crashes and wont load the save. not entirely sure what could cause this but thought it should be brought to your attention. i'm going to download 1.8 and see if i still have this issue or not.

will edit post when i've installed 1.8 :D

Edit: 1.8 Installed, same issue happening. can edit slot 1 in save00 just fine but not slot 2 :/
« Last Edit: 2011-04-04 21:32:40 by Aeris »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #338 on: 2011-04-04 21:23:45 »
please email me your save, its possible its broken somewhere. i would like to check it and see if i can recreate your issues, and also manually check the file to be sure that slot2 is not somehow courpted

NOTE: this issue is related to a modified kernel being used.. how ever because of it i did find two bugs.. and have a log for the new version below..
« Last Edit: 2011-04-05 00:42:29 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #339 on: 2011-04-05 00:42:03 »
Well as a result of that above testing i found a bug and added the first bit of progress for the next version

New: Detecting the use of placeholder materia if you are modding and remove the ap cap so you can set it
Fixed: unsetting of the bombing mission box

Orgon

« Reply #340 on: 2011-04-05 00:59:54 »
I'm currently using the ePSXe emulator. I can't figure out how to transfer the save game file from Black Chocobo to my emulator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2011-04-05 01:01:40 »
You can use this prog to convert.

Orgon

« Reply #342 on: 2011-04-05 01:15:02 »
It keeps saying the program can't start because PBVM60.dll is missing from my computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. 3 times now, I have gotten this message.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2011-04-05 01:18:26 »
There is a Readme included. This serves a purpose...

Edit : But in case you're a lazy @$$ :

After installing the game, put the files:
pbdwe60.dll
pbvm60.dll
in the PSXMemtool installed folder
C:\Program Files\PSXMemTool

(It may be something else)

If it still doesn't work, put them into the system32 directory.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-05 01:20:05 by Vgr255 »

Orgon

« Reply #344 on: 2011-04-05 02:26:31 »

I can't seem to figure this program out. I guess i'm technologically challenged.

There is a Readme included. This serves a purpose...

Edit : But in case you're a lazy @$$ :

After installing the game, put the files:
pbdwe60.dll
pbvm60.dll
in the PSXMemtool installed folder
C:\Program Files\PSXMemTool

(It may be something else)

If it still doesn't work, put them into the system32 directory.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2011-04-05 10:34:23 »
What's going wrong?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #346 on: 2011-04-05 12:04:21 »
open your mcr or mcd file that your emulator makes, in black chocobo then use file->Export to Mcr file, then place back in your memcard folder. you no longer need psx2mcr or anything like that (bc will even convert non ff7 saves to psx if you so desire)

Orgon

« Reply #347 on: 2011-04-05 15:25:51 »
Apparently, my ePsxe doesn't have a memory card folder and i don't know where to find it. I've searched everywhere. And now it's pointless because when i try to run the CDRom to play ffvii, i get an *Error Loading [plugins\] message. I'm not sure why because i haven't changed anything and it was working fine, earlier. I really wanted to use this awesome looking save editor, too!  :x
What's going wrong?
« Last Edit: 2011-04-05 15:55:48 by Orgon »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #348 on: 2011-04-05 15:53:43 »
have you looked in the programs folder iirc that is the default location.. something like umm idk

C:\Program Files\Epsxe\memcards
Remember to search first.

btw you can (once you find it) set it as the default mcr/mcd load/save path in the opitons of black chocobo.

Orgon

« Reply #349 on: 2011-04-05 16:09:24 »
have you looked in the programs folder iirc that is the default location.. something like umm idk

C:\Program Files\Epsxe\memcards
Remember to search first.

btw you can (once you find it) set it as the default mcr/mcd load/save path in the opitons of black chocobo.

Epsxe doesn't seem to have a program file.  :-\ Not listed under program files, anyways. I got my Epsxe working again, by the way. I think the only problem i have now is getting the save from black chocobo to epsxe. Everything i try shuts down black chocobo.