Author Topic: [PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP  (Read 221892 times)

Wavedancer

Re: [Release] Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #200 on: 2011-08-19 15:15:44 »
Ok. :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #201 on: 2011-09-19 14:29:05 »
The game does display the rollercoaster runs at 15 fps ( or 30 or whatever I patch ) but it clearly runs at 60 fps speed.
The bike game runs at the desired FPS, whatever I patch, but the rollercoaster ignores it for some reason. Disabling / enabling the framelimiter / vsync of ali's driver / my GPU bears no difference at all

Zara8

• View Profile
Re: Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #202 on: 2014-01-20 21:31:04 »
Another misc patch added - LuckyCaitSith. Download it in the first post of this thread

Info:

After applying it to your ff7.exe, you get a possibility to manipulate Cait Sith's "The Slots Limit Break". How to do it?

- (essential) - activate the limit
 - use <MENU> button to activate/deactivate cheating mode
 - use <LEFT> and <RIGHT> to navigate to the slot you wish to change
 - use <DOWN> to change the current slot

The current slot has a little white box around it (only visible in cheating mode). Entering cheating mode stops the slots and leaving cheating mode activates them again. Screen (why don't you try this combination of slots? :P):

Additional info:

The code has been optimised a little bit so there is 1.3k free bytes left.

dziugo

hey

how do you active this cheat

I am trying to explain the best well i can

because of my autism okay
« Last Edit: 2014-01-20 21:53:38 by bobby678 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2014-01-23 11:13:28 »
If you use The Reunion with Aali's driver, you can select cheats in it.

samourai23

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP
« Reply #204 on: 2018-01-23 07:33:37 »
So I know the latest message in this topic is 4 years old, but the topic itself is 12 years old so since my question is related to it, I thought I could ask it here anyway, I hope I’m not wrong.

So basically, since we never get to deal negative damage (since the game handles healing with a flag) and since we never get to have negative HP/MP either, I was wondering why we were capped at 32767 HP/MP/Damage with dziugo’s 9999 Limit Breaking mod, and not 65535 ?

Thanks for answering! :)

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2018-01-23 08:14:38 »
Since dziugo is an immortal legend, this is not considered necromancy.

I'm gonna blame it on 16 bit signed integer which caps at 32k. It might work if you convert it to unsigned(if using disassembled C) or you'd have to scan for asm instructions which deal with it and change them(if plowing raw asm). It's managable and can come in flavors. If you feel hardcore enough, slap it with 8 bytes instead, rearrange sh!tload of other things and try to deal No Man's Sky of damage.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-23 08:24:23 by hay »

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2018-01-23 08:32:43 »
But there’s something I don’t understand : dziugo made it so that it’s normally capped at 30000, but we can change it to whatever we want ! For example, for damages, we can go up to 262144, then it does the overflow glitch.

The only thing is it shows messed up numbers. So since the damage can indeed be applied, can’t we just make them show what they are actually doing ? So that if you deal 45718 damage, you see 45718 and not mis91;”1 or something weird like that ?
« Last Edit: 2018-01-23 08:34:15 by samourai23 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2018-01-23 09:06:08 »
Yes, you can.  But it will take a great deal of work to recode it in assembly - which is why no-one has bothered. Not to mention damage is just a number... it's irrelevant to good gameplay.

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2018-01-23 09:25:48 »
I don’t know assembly. Could I just make something like “if damage = X, then print X” or something ?

hay

• If I had a buggy, I'd cross the southern desert
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2018-01-23 12:51:14 »
You'd need higher level abstraction then. I'm not sure if there's a tool which wraps around low level assembly using object oriented language in comprehensive manner, though I've seen it done for other games like HoMM3. Would be super sweet though.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2018-01-23 16:04:55 »
I don’t know assembly. Could I just make something like “if damage = X, then print X” or something ?

That sounds easy...   But it isn't.  It's a lot of work to do that in assembly.  We do not have the source code.

Ty_JY

• View Profile
Re: [PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP
« Reply #211 on: 2019-12-26 06:17:00 »
All the links in the 1rst post are down. Can anyone replace them?

Blodepker

• View Profile
Re: Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #212 on: 2020-03-08 10:56:19 »
I'm having issues trying to get several of these patches to work.  I have the patches I want in the "Patches" folder and I have the install.bat and the skerb.ex_ in the final fantasy vii folder.  When I try to run the installer, it comes up saying:

Final Fantasy VII Skerb's Patch Installer...

Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Applying Patch: CSith
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp.bat
Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\patches\CSith.bat
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Something's gone wrong... dunno what...
Sorry, no patching today.
Press any key to continue . . .

So I have no idea what I need to do to get this to work.  I'm not sure why I'm missing the temp.bat or the other .bat files.  I did a full install and it didn't work, so I tried it again and I yield the same results.  If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.

I had the same problem, but with a different patch.   You're solution was to apply the patch to the ff7.exe on a different computer and it worked.  The topic creator told us the all you need is the the patcher, the patches, and the ff7.exe.

Instead of moving it to a different computer to to patch, my solution was to just take the ff7.exe from the final fantasy folder and..

put it in a new folder on your desktop, along with the "Yamp Patcher" (instal and skerb.ex files) , add a "patches" folder WITH the patches you want inside of it.

Why does this work?  I don't know, but the patcher did not work in the final fantasy folder, once i moved it to the desktop folder it patched fine and I did not get the message that I quoted.  I'm guessing windows don't like to edit the files around the programs files area.

I made this account to tell people this because I was having trouble with the patch and wanted to help some one else.  Now that I got the patch installed, magic defense on armor works now.  (MDef  on armor fix)  Thanks for the help/patches, have a nice day and see you guys on Runescape   OS

strifeseh

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2020-05-01 02:15:21 »
I can't seem to get this to work with 7th Heaven v2.0.3.406.  Game version wise I'm using the original install discs and the 1.02 patch.  Trying to use the 9999LB patch.  The patch says it's successful and if I run the game directly using ff7.exe, the values change as expected.  But if I run it via the play button in 7th Heaven, even if I select Play without mods, it reverts the HP and MP values to default.  I tried removing the 7H2.0-BACKUP folder (thinking maybe it was pulling a copy of the pre patched EXE from there, especially since I noticed that if I run it via 7th Heaven then run direct from EXE the values are still reverted to default until I run the patch again) but that didn't change the behavior.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-01 03:53:38 by strifeseh »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #214 on: 2020-05-02 03:36:32 »
7H won't accept edits to the original EXE. It's not safe and breaks things. Instead, run your patch, then rename your ff7.exe to something like ff7_mycustom.exe. Then open Settings>General Settings, and point the ff7 exe to the new exe you want to use.

strifeseh

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2020-05-03 00:58:50 »
7H won't accept edits to the original EXE. It's not safe and breaks things. Instead, run your patch, then rename your ff7.exe to something like ff7_mycustom.exe. Then open Settings>General Settings, and point the ff7 exe to the new exe you want to use.

Thanks much!

johnslash8

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2021-01-29 21:33:55 »
Can you use this same trick of renaming the .exe file with a difficulty mod like new threat? From what I understand new threat is specifically looking for an ff7.exe so I could try looking in the new threat files to change which .exe file to look at or will that just start a rabbit hole of broken things?

kellueHaze

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2021-06-07 03:16:16 »
I cant get 9999LB to work no matter how hard i try, I've changed the name of the EXE ( a copy ) and put that exact name into the patcher, (replaced the name in the notepad on main file) and it's still not working, i've even tried locating the game exe with 7th heaven :/

hexretrex

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2021-09-02 21:12:03 »
i rlly wanna download the 9999 limit breaker mod, but the links dont work, what do i do?