Author Topic: [FF7] lgp tools multi installer (1.0)  (Read 12205 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
[FF7] lgp tools multi installer (1.0)
« on: 2010-02-27 22:48:19 »
hey everyone, i have just finished making a few installers for compiled versions of aali based lgp tools.
right now version of the tools are:

windows:(nullsoft installer)
             windows installer should work on most windows versions from xp (currently 32 bit binary).
       linux:(auto detecting install script)
           32bit (i386 and i686 optimized versions)
           64bit
           ppc (not perfect yet be will be worked on soon)
TODO:
      compile for mac os X (ppc and intel) and create installer for mac os.
      64-bit windows version and installer for it

A bit thanks to aali for the lgp codebase as a good starting point (all hail the mighty aali)

everyone is welcome to install and test.. please provide feed back !!!!

you can get it from : [well no where as the link is dead]
« Last Edit: 2017-10-03 11:07:46 by sithlord48 »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: [Release] sithlord48's lgp tools multi installer
« Reply #1 on: 2010-02-27 23:53:46 »
Maybe I'm missing something, but why the need to make an installer?

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-02-28 00:21:15 »
Maybe I'm missing something, but why the need to make an installer?
That's exactly what I was just thinking. Way I remember it, it's a bunch of .exe's that don't need any form of installation.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2010-02-28 03:19:49 »
its only two exe's and your right they really don't need an installer, but basicly its makes lgp and unlpg accessable to those who are unable to find or compile the exe's for windows, also the installer is faster then, downloading unzipping and manually installing the files after compiling the source. idk thought it would just make it ezer to get them placed in the run path on windows. it all started cause there are no linux binarys, first i started compiling the various linux executables, along with a script to simplify getting the files in the proper location,and giving you the correct ones since there are a bunch of linux hw platforms(4 sets atm),  the linux install script basicly just looks for a sane place in $PATH [/usr/bin] is almost always good.. to put the files and copies them there based on the platform your running as well as making them "executable".  so thats the main reason i started with an installer... also i thought i would be a bit nicer then distrubting a bunch of executable files. named lgp and unlgp in various folders. besides why do something manually when you can have a script remove any error in the process. the windows one is a simple nullsoft installer made from a zip file all it does is extract to the path you give it (that is if you don't want them in %systempath%, again to make running easier.)

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #4 on: 2010-02-28 09:54:32 »
Well I have to thank ya man :D I didn't got FF7 running yet with the newest Wine version, but I'm workin' around with some files (and I will in future) Fice's LGP-Tools aren't working well under Linux.

So, this guy is just helping other people with other operating systems :)

Thanks again ;)

- Deniz

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-02-28 10:25:37 »
Pfft, no one gives a damn about any operating system other than windows.[/sarcasm]

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #6 on: 2010-03-01 01:24:49 »
d33eniz, let me know how the installer works on your linux distro, also please let me know what the output of "uname -m" is on your machine (i am looking for someone w/ a 486 and/or 586 chip)

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #7 on: 2010-03-04 10:27:26 »

Sorry, I have i686 architecture- and I'll try your installers next time- I'm busy right now...

@Immortal Fuck:
Noone gives a F*ck about Windshit after using Linux once ;)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #8 on: 2010-03-04 13:35:00 »
the 4 and 5 86 binarys are not nessessary but they will help it run a tad faster on machines with those chip set.
to run the installer you have to do so as root (i.e sudo sh installer.sh). let me know how it goes, if you get any errors i can fix the script.

also its not polite to tell the windows users things like that d33eniz no matter how true it is ...

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-03-04 18:25:27 »

Sorry, I have i686 architecture- and I'll try your installers next time- I'm busy right now...

@Immortal f***:
Noone gives a F*ck about Windsh*t after using Linux once ;)
Uh, yea, I was joking. But thanks for being an *sshole. Oh, and I've tried Linux, I didn't really like it that much. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't time for me to change to it. I still got more to learn before I try again.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #10 on: 2010-03-04 18:35:18 »
Uh, yea, I was joking. But thanks for being an *sshole. Oh, and I've tried Linux, I didn't really like it that much. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't time for me to change to it. I still got more to learn before I try again.
Immortal Damyn, thats a very good point , there is a learning curve when using linux. and depending on what distro you go with it may be a slight curve or a massively sharp one (noobs shouldn't try to install arch linux). if you need help with learning linux you can always ask me. to be completely honest with you i really don't care what software your system runs (untill i have to fix it.).