Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839104 times)

markul

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10500 on: 2020-11-23 19:33:17 »
Hi Sega! 8)
Congratulations for the 2.0  ;)
One quick question. Do you remember if your 1.5 NT has the Bizarro Sephiroth battle, with 3 teams,   active?
I want to prepare a mod(old) to make it compatible with NT, making as a complement to it( NT as required mod), and the 9 slots of Bizarro are the only that i need to make it(in my translation i had that battle disabled for problems and i think that in your version maybe you disabled too)
I also was thinking in make it for 2.0 but i think that the scene.bin its full xD

Thanks ;)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: 2020-11-24 19:56:07 »
Thanks for the answers.

Another question: when Aeris leaves the party close to the end of CD1, i didn't get back the armlet she had (Wizard something with a lot of slot...)
Is it normal?

Thanks!

Yeah it's an unfortunate shortcoming of the way the game deals with armour; it can't have nothing in the Armour slot (same with weapon) so that stays while everything else (materia + accessory) is unequipped.

Hi Sega! 8)
Congratulations for the 2.0  ;)
One quick question. Do you remember if your 1.5 NT has the Bizarro Sephiroth battle, with 3 teams,   active?
I want to prepare a mod(old) to make it compatible with NT, making as a complement to it( NT as required mod), and the 9 slots of Bizarro are the only that i need to make it(in my translation i had that battle disabled for problems and i think that in your version maybe you disabled too)
I also was thinking in make it for 2.0 but i think that the scene.bin its full xD

Thanks ;)

Yeah I disabled the 3-party battle in that so those 3 iterations should be free; however, I realised recently that I had the Bizarro scenes named wrong in the scene.bin (invisible to player, was for my reference that I named the unused enemy slot next to each one). 2.0 has the correct naming order so refer to that before removing Bizarro scenes.

Hass

• View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: 2020-11-26 20:14:53 »
I need help with Jenova Death, I play on normal difficulty and I am Lv 35.
I use Barret(Phy) and Tifa(Mage). I barely do any damage on the boss, between 50-200 with physical attacks.
Tifa does like 700 damage with Laser. But I can't keep healing with so low damage output, do I miss some trick?

kiwihackman

• View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: 2020-11-28 06:18:55 »
Dude I absolutely loved the NTM 2.0 This was so well done thank you devs I just finished it yesterday on stream https://www.facebook.com/kiwihackman/videos/235652004784978 ALRiiiGHT!!! Now I'm grinding the side bosses and can I ask WTF is that Globe In Shinra Mansion Is that FFVII's Version of Ozma?

Cheers

Kiwi

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: 2020-11-28 09:29:22 »

Yeah I disabled the 3-party battle in that so those 3 iterations should be free; however, I realised recently that I had the Bizarro scenes named wrong in the scene.bin (invisible to player, was for my reference that I named the unused enemy slot next to each one). 2.0 has the correct naming order so refer to that before removing Bizarro scenes.
Nice, in that case i can recycle it. But well in the case of 2.0 it seems that you use some of that slots(i think),and i dont want to change any battle from NT,so im gonna check better what slots i can use O_o
Thanks

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: 2020-11-28 14:36:26 »
I use Barret(Phy) and Tifa(Mage). I barely do any damage on the boss, between 50-200 with physical attacks.
Tifa does like 700 damage with Laser. But I can't keep healing with so low damage output, do I miss some trick?

Is it NT 2.0? For me it was kinda easy, defeated it on first try.
Spam Comet + MP Turbo with your highest Magic character and support with the 2 others (don't forget to steal the items)

None of her attacks does really high damage, maintain your character full HP and refresh Barrier and BarrierM as many as you can.
I think i managed to slow her too. (and obviously mine was Haste)

@Sega Chief: Where do we find the "Slash-All" materia in Great Glecier?
« Last Edit: 2020-11-28 14:56:33 by YouffieFanFR »

DKOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #10506 on: 2020-11-28 15:23:51 »
Hey SagaChief

I am 99% of the way through 1.5, and literally only missing the final bosses and one enemy skill.

The problem is that while digging through the forum gives varying results in what/where the last enemy skill is.

The build is 17th July 2018, and just to help even more, i can tell you that

-Death Dealers in the Crater are not Manipable, and do not casually use Roulette
-Pollensalta has both Beta and Mustard bomb, but not Chronocure
-Lv.5 suicide is now Quarry Fuse
-Dragon Force is now Time Flare

Im not sure how helpful this information is regarding which build version it might be, but hopefully it can help with knowing which/where the last enemy skill is.
« Last Edit: 2020-11-28 15:37:57 by DKOmni »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: 2020-11-28 21:35:54 »

Spoiler: show

If it's 2.0, then you need to first whittle down her defences using low-cost spells/attacks as she'll lose some defence or magic defence whenever hit by an attack of that type. There's a few ways of going about this efficiently:

Fire is a good option as it's low MP cost and also has its own innate stacking defences reduction (1%) that'll make the process faster; Braver and Climhazzard are also good as they have this same effect and with a higher %-reduction (I think it was about 10-15% reduction per use).

Support Materia like Added Cut are also a good choice because they're counted as a separate action, meaning you can cast a spell to lower magic defence and then it'll follow up with a physical attack to reduce her physical defence (or you can attach it to a Command Materia like Deathblow to reduce her physical defence twice in a row).

Another option is to use your newly acquired Comet spell which ignores magic defence and will let you deal decent damage albeit at a higher MP cost; Comet is a good choice for early on until her defences have been reduced enough that you can swap over to conventional elemental magic and attacks. Laser and Summons also ignore magic defence so these can be used as well.

The other side of this is standing up to her attacks; I've made a list of the attacks and their effects below:
Red Light: Non-elemental, magic-attack
Nuclear Pores: ???? Element, magic-attack, reduces target's defence stats by 20%
Silence: Like the spell, inflicts Silence
Gas: ???? Element, magic-attack, inflicts Death Sentence
Iron Summon: Physical attack, Blunt/Shoot element
W-Iron Summon: Same as Iron Summon but stronger and less accurate
Death: Inflicts KO with a roughly 50% chance, is used once in the fight
[Counter] Meteorain: Shoot element, magic-attack, used at 25% HP.
[Counter] Nemain: Raises defence stats by 25%, grants Wall, used at 50% HP
[Counter]Everyone's Grudge: Deals damage equal to target's kills * 5

The Protect Vest accessory can be handy for the physical attacks as it reduces shoot-element damage. The ???? element can be protected against by using the Guard Ring acquired from the chest in the Whirlwind Maze before the boss, or by combining elemental with a non-elemental Materia (I think Command Materia are an option for it). Generally though I think Barrier and MBarrier are the go-tos for this one so I would combine that with one of your furthest-along All Materia.

Some KO protection would be handy but it isn't essential to have it on everyone; the Safety Bit provides that, or Added Effect + Destruct, and the enemy skill Deathforce (which can only cover one target at a time mind; if the caster uses it again on a different target, then the previous target of Deathforce loses its protection). If someone is inflicted with Death Sentence and doesn't have KO protection, then Dispel/Holy Mirror can sort it out, or you can use a Black Veil item (or the Deathforce skill) if you still have it to sort them out. Otherwise, keep the Life spell handy to bring someone up who gets hit by the Death cast or has their Death Sentence timer clock out or failing that have remaining characters take their turn together for phoenix down + healing.

For silence there's option like Seal + Added Effect, Fairy Ring, or the Rune Armlet, but having an Echo Drop on hand would also suffice if you want to focus on guarding against other things instead.

One hidden option is the accessory Relic Ring; what this does is essentially turn the character into a 'zombie' with the following effects: maxed defence/magic-defence, absorb poison, gravity, and ????, and block the KO, sleep, poison, confu, silence, frog/mini, petrify, dual, death sentence, and blind statuses. However as a trade-off, it makes the character take damage from restorative spells and also blocks the Regen status so you would want to heal this character using Poison/Gravity attacks instead of conventional healing spells. This accessory was sitting in a chest in the area after the Sleeping Forest, just before exiting onto the world map to reach the Forgotten City (where Water Ring originally sits).

Finally, have Sense active on Jenova Death so you can keep track of her HP; once she hits 10,000HP or below she'll use a one-time counter-attack of Meteorain so you want to be nice and healthy before hitting her past that point or failing that have all 3 characters alive to spread the damage a bit. You should also have Debarrier handy for the 20,000HP mark to get rid of her Wall from Nemain. The counter-attack at 30,000 HP, everyone's grudge, will depend on who it is casted on; if that character has unlocked their Lv.3 limits then it may hit a bit harder as they'll have more kills but on the whole it tends not to be overly dangerous unless they ground out their Limits very early on and are actively in the party as a damage-dealer.

Dude I absolutely loved the NTM 2.0 This was so well done thank you devs I just finished it yesterday on stream https://www.facebook.com/kiwihackman/videos/235652004784978 ALRiiiGHT!!! Now I'm grinding the side bosses and can I ask WTF is that Globe In Shinra Mansion Is that FFVII's Version of Ozma?

Cheers

Kiwi

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Yeah, it's Ozma; I tried to recreate the AI as closely as I could so it'll act whenever you do something to mimic the 'ATB fill' behaviour it has from FF9.

Nice, in that case i can recycle it. But well in the case of 2.0 it seems that you use some of that slots(i think),and i dont want to change any battle from NT,so im gonna check better what slots i can use O_o
Thanks

I think all the Bizarro iterations are used in 2.0, it depends on party level.

Is it NT 2.0? For me it was kinda easy, defeated it on first try.
Spam Comet + MP Turbo with your highest Magic character and support with the 2 others (don't forget to steal the items)

None of her attacks does really high damage, maintain your character full HP and refresh Barrier and BarrierM as many as you can.
I think i managed to slow her too. (and obviously mine was Haste)

@Sega Chief: Where do we find the "Slash-All" materia in Great Glecier?

If you go to the mountain on the far-right of the map and go to the top, there are several routes leading off the peak; you want the one that goes to the top-left (there are two paths going top-left, you want the upper one). Ignore the top-right path that seems to go over the peak.

You'll end up on a mountain route that's shaped like this: \
On one of those screens, the 2nd or 3rd, you'll see the yellow materia on the right-hand side of the path where Added Cut was.

Hey SagaChief

I am 99% of the way through 1.5, and literally only missing the final bosses and one enemy skill.

The problem is that while digging through the forum gives varying results in what/where the last enemy skill is.

The build is 17th July 2018, and just to help even more, i can tell you that

-Death Dealers in the Crater are not Manipable, and do not casually use Roulette
-Pollensalta has both Beta and Mustard bomb, but not Chronocure
-Lv.5 suicide is now Quarry Fuse
-Dragon Force is now Time Flare

Im not sure how helpful this information is regarding which build version it might be, but hopefully it can help with knowing which/where the last enemy skill is.

That's a fairly old build; I think the best way to figure it out would be to get a screenshot of which skill is missing in your list, and then a copy of that build's scene.bin (located in ff7/data/battle) so I can check it and find out where the missing skill is.

Hass

• View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: 2020-11-29 19:29:48 »
Thanks I beat the boss, but I had to use all elixirs and megalixirs I had and barely did it.
I think it was a little too much near the end, she was using Red Light 3x in a row followed by Iron Summon and Gas before I could act once :D

DKOmni

• View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: 2020-11-30 10:17:01 »

That's a fairly old build; I think the best way to figure it out would be to get a screenshot of which skill is missing in your list, and then a copy of that build's scene.bin (located in ff7/data/battle) so I can check it and find out where the missing skill is.

By using Black Chocobo I added the final Enemy Skill (Roulette) which became Tranfusion in-game.

I am not able to find a scene.bin in (ff7/data/battle), but there is one in (lang-en/battle), which is linked below (i dont have the tools to open it)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UKdf-24YEVycha6J7Efi5Bv7xxcQ4vMI/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again!

Hass

• View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: 2020-12-01 19:49:33 »
I' stuck again, I don't know if I am underleveled?
This boss was fine until he spawned his minions and then they all attacked me with some aoe spell before I could even act once and died. My barrier ran out too before.

Also I am sad physical damage got nerfed so hard. Cloud and Barret do like 300 to 500 damage per attack while Tifa does 1500-3500 AOE damage :(
I skilled everything on strenght on Cloud and Barret. And Materia too.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-01 19:55:20 by Hass »

Parivir

• View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: 2020-12-01 20:11:45 »
Made an account here just to say how much I'm enjoying this. I'm playing type B and loving every second.

I do have two questions. Is the documentation that comes with the file the extent of what's available, and the rest we just go ahead and discover on our own? I'm happy with that, just a bit worried about missables.

And a more specific one - what's the red Dragon DS I just got in the golden saucer for? Just got here for the first time.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: 2020-12-01 20:33:19 »
By using Black Chocobo I added the final Enemy Skill (Roulette) which became Tranfusion in-game.

I am not able to find a scene.bin in (ff7/data/battle), but there is one in (lang-en/battle), which is linked below (i dont have the tools to open it)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UKdf-24YEVycha6J7Efi5Bv7xxcQ4vMI/view?usp=sharing

Thanks again!

If you've added the skill then I guess that's that. I'll check through anyway and let you know if I find where it was.

I' stuck again, I don't know if I am underleveled?
This boss was fine until he spawned his minions and then they all attacked me with some aoe spell before I could even act once and died. My barrier ran out too before.

Also I am sad physical damage got nerfed so hard. Cloud and Barret do like 300 to 500 damage per attack while Tifa does 1500-3500 AOE damage :(
I skilled everything on strenght on Cloud and Barret. And Materia too.

This particular boss is maybe a bit too dangerous when those adds come out; I think the best thing to do is hang fire when the main boss' tail goes up and get everyone fixed up for the little guys. They can be hit by insta-KO, Mini, Stop, Petrify, and Paralysis so if you have either Odin, Alexander, Titan, Typhon, or Ramuh then you can hit them with that to crowd control them a lot easier. If you have the Flash command (or added effect + destruct on a weapon with Slash-All), then that can sweep them out quickly as well. For defence, you'll want fire protection for the W-Flare but mostly Bolt protection for Shock and the little one's spark attack.

Also, the OPTs are a bit different in that they are weak to Ice and Holy instead of electric so Alexander should hit fairly hard + apply Stop to some of them.

Made an account here just to say how much I'm enjoying this. I'm playing type B and loving every second.

I do have two questions. Is the documentation that comes with the file the extent of what's available, and the rest we just go ahead and discover on our own? I'm happy with that, just a bit worried about missables.

And a more specific one - what's the red Dragon DS I just got in the golden saucer for? Just got here for the first time.

The documentation lists a location for everything but not all of the locations. There is a document on the first page of this thread that was generated by a user called Berub that lists all the items given by enemies through drop, steal, and morph though the list uses the default item/equipment names so some entries will vary slightly to what you actually find text-wise (echo drop instead of echo screen for instance).

The Key Item is just for collection sake and also as a reference to what the last round of that minigame is.

Hass

• View Profile
« Reply #10513 on: 2020-12-02 13:39:05 »

This particular boss is maybe a bit too dangerous when those adds come out; I think the best thing to do is hang fire when the main boss' tail goes up and get everyone fixed up for the little guys. They can be hit by insta-KO, Mini, Stop, Petrify, and Paralysis so if you have either Odin, Alexander, Titan, Typhon, or Ramuh then you can hit them with that to crowd control them a lot easier. If you have the Flash command (or added effect + destruct on a weapon with Slash-All), then that can sweep them out quickly as well. For defence, you'll want fire protection for the W-Flare but mostly Bolt protection for Shock and the little one's spark attack.

I can not do it, I used Ramuh, Odin and Titan as soon as the minions spawned but it only killed two of them. One summon made the boss use his counter move and then the minions attacked in a row so I could no heal myself and died again.

I guess I will grind 5 levels and try again.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: 2020-12-02 17:15:42 »
I can not do it, I used Ramuh, Odin and Titan as soon as the minions spawned but it only killed two of them. One summon made the boss use his counter move and then the minions attacked in a row so I could no heal myself and died again.

I guess I will grind 5 levels and try again.

Hi i just did this boss like yesterday.
As for Jenova Death i made it the first try.

I play Cloud as an all-rounder invoker tanky with 5600 HP and some 1/2 elemetal defense with "elemental materia" and one of the nice ring
I put Barrier and Mbarrier permanently and he has Life 2 and Phenix in case of KO.

Aeris is less tanky with 2500HP, back row and high spirit but low vitality. I launch haste + all at the start of the fight and restore all character if i need or launch high magic.

Barret is physical tank and attacker with high strengh, dexterity and vitality always with "hyper" status to improve limit rate.

When the add pops, i don't remember to received a lot of attack. Cloud has around 120 magic stats and with 2 x Magic Breath from Ennemy Skill materia, all adds vanished... I was around lvl 45 when i did the fight.

I really think you have a problem of defense and speed. Maybe rethink your materia, and equipment to boost defense and dexterity.

I can send you my fitting or check yours if you wish. Don't hesitate to mp me if you want.

Good luck!

@Sega Chief: when can we start the lvl 4 and ultimate weapons quest you created? Where do we find indications to start it?
Via menu, "Renew" doesn't revive, it only can restore
« Last Edit: 2020-12-02 18:13:22 by YouffieFanFR »

Hass

• View Profile
« Reply #10515 on: 2020-12-02 18:30:06 »
I was around lvl 45 when i did the fight.

Yeah I am Lv 39 with Cloud and Tifa. I will just level up a bit and try again. Maybe my speed is to slow.

Edit: Leveled to 44 everyone, now I can't beat Carry Armor :D
Except Tifa my mage, my physical attackers feel so useless. Can I respec somehow so everyone goes full magic build?

Edit2: Nah, I don't want to play the mod anymore. It is a little too annoying to me. Carry Armor counters almost every attack with some heavy AOE and then afterwards he uses Lapis Laser 3.

Yes I use barriers, but they ran out before the attack.

I think next year I gonna try out the Type B mode.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-03 16:58:49 by Hass »

Gizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: 2020-12-03 20:25:51 »
Where can i find Mr. Smile in NT 2.0?

Parivir

• View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: 2020-12-04 05:33:19 »
Question about the location of Princess Guard...

I'm looking in the Ancient Forest Cave right after fighting Jenova Life. I believe it's the cave immediately after Ancient Forest, but all that happened when I went in there is Cloud saying "this cave sure is dark". Is it not available until later?

Parivir

• View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: 2020-12-04 05:41:34 »
Question about the location of Princess Guard...

I'm looking in the Ancient Forest Cave right after fighting Jenova Life. I believe it's the cave immediately after Ancient Forest, but all that happened when I went in there is Cloud saying "this cave sure is dark". Is it not available until later?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. Wrong forest.

Don't think I can delete/edit my own posts yet, so sorry about that.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: 2020-12-04 13:34:33 »
Where can i find Mr. Smile in NT 2.0?

You can meet him after Nibelheim Mountain. The game will tell you when your first SP upgrade is available.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: 2020-12-04 16:31:06 »
How do we find the ultimate weapons in 2.0? (And which is it for each character?)

Gizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: 2020-12-04 19:22:54 »
You can meet him after Nibelheim Mountain. The game will tell you when your first SP upgrade is available.
Thank you very much  ;D

Gizzy

• View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: 2020-12-04 20:38:41 »
How do we find the ultimate weapons in 2.0? (And which is it for each character?)
Its in the docs but in case you dont have them or dont want to spoiler more than you want:

Ultima Weapon - Ultimate Weapon(D)

Premium Heart - Wall Market Automated Shop, Disc 3

Missing Score - X-ATM Scorpion(D)

Limited Moon - Gi Django(D)

Princess Guard - Ancient Forest Cave

Conformer - Shin-Godo(D)

HP Shout - Wonder Square, 10,000GP

Death Penalty - Lucrecia(D)

Venus Gospel - Battle Square #3 (48,000 BP)

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: 2020-12-05 10:46:38 »
Thanks!

Vonlo

• View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: 2020-12-05 11:56:43 »
Greetings!

I'm close to finishing 2.0 (normal mode) and I love it. I can't see myself ever going back to vanilla after this.

One thing is bugging me, though.

I've beaten all the superbosses except for ????. The readme hints that you need to give all the 1/35 soldiers to the hooded character onboard the Highwind -I get no such option-, yet the NPC in the cockpit says it's in the Shinra mansion. I've tried to activate the piano there, but [switch] and [L1+menu] give me a "cancel" sound and nothing happens.

Is there anything else that's escaping me?