Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837801 times)

KittyJaws

• Person who isn't a person
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6900 on: 2018-05-30 23:44:37 »
Hey i found something funny in north crater. You put your own save points in, and i found a way to access an old chest you replaced with a save point

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1398840198

in the previous screen you see the chest, but you go through to the next room and it shows the save point instead, but you can menu buffer through the trigger, and access the chest, that is normally impossible to get. You still get nothing, but i found this funny.

Arkusam

• View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: 2018-05-31 02:47:14 »
Might need to send me your save file so i can check the vars attached to that sidequest and reset them.

Mt. Nibel

Will do.

How does one go about giving you the save file?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: 2018-05-31 16:31:39 »
Hi, this file not work, Source still give 1 point and materia like steal give -25%hp

Might be a permissions issue and the .exe isn't being patched/reverted; try running the executable as an admin and make sure that, if you're playing through 7H or something, that the target .exe being used to run the game has the same name as the patched one.

For instance, the installer is designed to target the ff7.exe and ff7_en.exe. 7H however installs multiple .exe files and will run the ones with different names like ff7_mo.exe. After patching, you'll need to rename the .exe to match the one that 7H is looking for.

Hey sega chief

I have a neat idea for your ff7 2.0 new threat mod, my idea is this that you put up a countdown timer for when someone does the tifa gas champer mini game and when tifa gets her self out of there, that the people have to fight the slapping girl at the end of manko cannon

what do you think of that idea

A fight on the cannon has been suggested a couple times, but the issue is coming up with a battle model that would pass muster and it would replace a fairly unique scene. I may add something there, but it won't be a battle.

Is there a reason why Gorki in the pagoda is basically untouchable in every way? Takes no physical or elemental damage, and avoids EVERYTHING else.

The Wutai pagoda fights are semi-puzzle fights with a gimmick to get through. Gorki's is Defence, and at the start of the fight he uses Tamon's Guard which gives him Wall + Shield. You can get rid of this by using Debarrier, but he has very high defence/magic defence as well so you'll want to use attacks that either deal fixed damage or which ignore defence. Summons should be effective once you've dealt with his defensive buffs with either Debarrier, Dispel, or a Holy Torch item.

Hey i found something funny in north crater. You put your own save points in, and i found a way to access an old chest you replaced with a save point

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1398840198

in the previous screen you see the chest, but you go through to the next room and it shows the save point instead, but you can menu buffer through the trigger, and access the chest, that is normally impossible to get. You still get nothing, but i found this funny.

Ah yeah, I forgot you can access that chest by using Menu to get past the area exit line. You can do it on most screens, but some allow for some interesting navigation like the initial screen when entering the Da Chao; during the Yuffie sidequest, Reno can be accessed for dialogue earlier than intended and I left a secret message there which someone found fairly recently.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: 2018-05-31 17:58:27 »
Likely an already pointed out problem, but Aerith's "Breathe Of The Earth" limit is not healing HP like it says it should. :shrugs:

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: 2018-05-31 19:48:25 »
Likely an already pointed out problem, but Aerith's "Breathe Of The Earth" limit is not healing HP like it says it should. :shrugs:

I checked the folder, and the Limit changes haven't been applied. Guess they were vanilla limits this entire time  ;D

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: 2018-05-31 20:40:18 »
I checked the folder, and the Limit changes haven't been applied. Guess they were vanilla limits this entire time  ;D
I've noticed a few other "Vanilla" things as well. ALL of the Chocobo Greens lack the various things they had before in NT, and the Guidebook no longer fully restores those KO'd.

This may also explain the fact that the Jenova boss-fight on the ship lacked her two helpers she usually has in Arrange as well.
« Last Edit: 2018-05-31 20:42:06 by Robo Jesus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: 2018-05-31 20:58:47 »
The Choco greens effects were removed, but the guidebook should be restoring KO (battle only, not in Item Menu).

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: 2018-05-31 21:04:51 »
The Choco greens effects were removed, but the guidebook should be restoring KO (battle only, not in Item Menu).
Huh, a pity to hear about that on the Chocobo Greens. It was kind of interesting having them give various status effects, both good and bad.

The Guidebook restore effect is about the same as Pheonix Downs. That's why I commented on it, given previous versions were full HP(and MP, I think?) restores if KO'd. :shrugs:

Also, hmm, is the Battle Arena supposed to ignore poison absorption/negation effects?

Also, I got some "Hero Drink's" to use, and they were "Party only" in their targetting while having all the various negative status effects that they have. That needs fixed

EDIT; Found an issue with Zeigfried, again. Fought him near Zack's hometown of Gongaga. Once again, Ziggy lacked enough MP to play out his battle script, resulting in a LOT of ": |" results/comments in the battle from Ziggy's end of things. Tried throwing Ether's his way to see if that would fix things, but sadly it didn't.  Once I defeated him, the game crashed. :sighs:

Ok, got the battle a second time. Ziggy doesn't summon Odin and I'm still getting that ": |" response, but was able defeat him and have things not crash.

Second EDIT;
The Boss fight near the ruined Gongaga reactor? Both the Boss (Lich GT I think) and his two helpers do not absorb Poison, meaning they're doing damage to themselves in the process the entire fight.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-01 04:42:22 by Robo Jesus »

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: 2018-06-01 08:13:55 »

Also, I got some "Hero Drink's" to use, and they were "Party only" in their targetting while having all the various negative status effects that they have. That needs fixed

The Hero Drink II is supposed to be party only, in fact it's designed to be used with Tifa and her Master Fist weapon as a way to quickly buff it's damage. If you want to use them on enemies though there is a way to do so. If you confuse the person using it before they throw it then they will have a chance to throw it on the enemy. Still though, they're better used for Tifa.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: 2018-06-01 14:46:11 »
The Hero Drink II is supposed to be party only, in fact it's designed to be used with Tifa and her Master Fist weapon as a way to quickly buff it's damage. If you want to use them on enemies though there is a way to do so. If you confuse the person using it before they throw it then they will have a chance to throw it on the enemy. Still though, they're better used for Tifa.
Previous NT versions of the Hero Drink II's were able to be selectable for both enemies and the party, and the fact that they had nothing but negative status effects made them incredibly useful in a lot of difficult/annoying fights against certain enemies.

As there had been other items that had been messed up and made like their canon vanilla versions, and given that the "II's" were originally a canon beneficial-status-and-only-party-selectable item, I had to speak up.

=/
« Last Edit: 2018-06-01 14:48:02 by Robo Jesus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: 2018-06-01 15:43:19 »

Hero Drink IIs are working as intended and not for use against enemies; it is possible to use them on enemies by way of the old Hyper exploit by confusing a party member who has the item queued for use but that's not the use I have in mind for them. On a surface level, it's a joke item that takes the potent Hero Drink and turns it into something very bad; but past that the statuses that it inflicts are all used by Tifa's Master Fist weapon which can result in short windows of massive damage if managed correctly.

Guidebooks restore 50% of a KO'd characters MaxHP as opposed to the 25% of a Phoenix Down.

Battle Square reels 'force' status ailments onto a character which is problematic when status protection is in play as removing these statuses becomes problematic due to the way the engine handles statuses and resistances.

Poison tick damage was changed to non-elemental with the executable changes; the fights where Poison ticks are used by bosses as a source of healing haven't been updated yet to account for this change (Gelnika Reno & Lich GT).

I'll be retiring the scripted Ziegfried fight and making it more straightforward to get rid of the ongoing issues with it.

Previous NT versions of the Hero Drink II's were able to be selectable for both enemies and the party, and the fact that they had nothing but negative status effects made them incredibly useful in a lot of difficult/annoying fights against certain enemies.

As there had been other items that had been messed up and made like their canon vanilla versions, and given that the "II's" were originally a canon beneficial-status-and-only-party-selectable item, I had to speak up.

=/

What are you talking about? The items weren't 'messed up', I reverted the Greens to their original effect by choice and IIs have never been a directly beneficial item to use on your party in any build of the mod; the only benefit for party use is to buff Master Fist. There was an item called Hero Drink Classic in the early versions that had something resembling the default Hero Drink effect but that has since been removed.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: 2018-06-01 17:08:58 »
Guidebooks restore 50% of a KO'd characters MaxHP as opposed to the 25% of a Phoenix Down.

Huh, I'm probably too low-leveled atm then when I was testing some of the items out (was level 24/25 for the Lich GT fight). When there's not a lot of HP for the character, that sort of thing becomes difficult to notice. :p

I think I'll go fight Death Machines and Soldier-M's in Junion and bring my levels up to 50~.

Battle Square reels 'force' status ailments onto a character which is problematic when status protection is in play as removing these statuses becomes problematic due to the way the engine handles statuses and resistances.

Poison tick damage was changed to non-elemental with the executable changes; the fights where Poison ticks are used by bosses as a source of healing haven't been updated yet to account for this change (Gelnika Reno & Lich GT).

Interesting to know, and thank you for that explanation.

I'll be retiring the scripted Ziegfried fight and making it more straightforward to get rid of the ongoing issues with it.

FF7's Ziggy being a goofball badass would probably be more amusing than just a goofball. ;D

Hero Drink IIs are working as intended and not for use against enemies; it is possible to use them on enemies by way of the old Hyper exploit by confusing a party member who has the item queued for use but that's not the use I have in mind for them. On a surface level, it's a joke item that takes the potent Hero Drink and turns it into something very bad; but past that the statuses that it inflicts are all used by Tifa's Master Fist weapon which can result in short windows of massive damage if managed correctly.

What are you talking about? The items weren't 'messed up', I reverted the Greens to their original effect by choice and IIs have never been a directly beneficial item to use on your party in any build of the mod; the only benefit for party use is to buff Master Fist. There was an item called Hero Drink Classic in the early versions that had something resembling the default Hero Drink effect but that has since been removed.
Huh, then this is probably an uncommented on aspect (and unintended glitch given your intentions) of NT that people probably didn't think was an issue, but the Hero Drinks in the older versions were able to be used on both allies and enemies, making the item very useful at times when and where needed. The "Cauldron" item effects ALL the enemies, and the older versions of the Hero Drinks were single target, giving players options. That players had to work in order to get hold of the Hero Drinks balanced that out. :shrugs:

Of course, now I learn that it was supposed to be a joke-item and only useful for Tifa that got glitched in the earlier versions with the targeting, rather than an actually useful battle item. Heh.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: 2018-06-02 15:23:15 »
Hi SegaChief,
im trying to create the .iro with the new ff7_mo.exe that you have edited.
With the tests that i did i think that the changes in the .exe dont work too good(or the mod ignore them).
In the images (1,2) i run the ff7_mo.exe,the stats of the materias are wrong ,and the  sources of Mr Smile give +1  ,and i 've seen something strange, when i translate the ff7_mo.exe some texts still are in english(i use touphscript to edit the .exe) , but when i launch the ff7.exe (also translated,image 3) work good.

Someone  tested the ff7_mo.exe edited and happened the same?(maybe are my mistake,i dont know very well what im doing  xDD)
Spoiler: show

Launching ff7_mo.exe

Launching ff7_mo.exe

Launching ff7.exe

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: 2018-06-02 16:10:52 »
Cosmo Canyon, the planetarium segment. Aeris' sprite goes 'invisible', but I think what's happening is the sprite is appearing below the entire 'ground' in such a way that players can't then see her (as there was a point where it looked like a moving lump of 'brown' rocks was on the ground before Red 13's grandpa started talking about the nature of worlds and lifestreams and all that fun stuff and then her sprite was gone entirely). Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot. >_<

EDIT: Aerith's "Planet Protector" limitbreak is not working as described. Actually, I'm pretty sure that NONE of the Limitbreaks are working as described at this point if they've been changed from their vanilla effects. :shrugs:

Second EDIT; Ok, Mideel Area. The Hippogriff (I think that's what it's named) enemy used a "L2 Confu" spell, which effected my level 57 character. Looking at it via ProudClod, the "Attack %" is "2%", the "Chance" is "63/252", and the "Attack Damage" listings are set at "8X Magical, Hit Chance MOD target level = Hit, no def." and "X3, Unknown". So yeah, something funky going on there with that.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-03 21:20:17 by Robo Jesus »

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: 2018-06-03 22:42:12 »
heya....correct me if im wrong....but did cait sith have any unlockable limits after slots? i thought i remembered there being something like lucky girl or mog dance that you could use in L3, but its been forever.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6915 on: 2018-06-04 00:04:03 »
Hi SegaChief,
im trying to create the .iro with the new ff7_mo.exe that you have edited.
With the tests that i did i think that the changes in the .exe dont work too good(or the mod ignore them).
In the images (1,2) i run the ff7_mo.exe,the stats of the materias are wrong ,and the  sources of Mr Smile give +1  ,and i 've seen something strange, when i translate the ff7_mo.exe some texts still are in english(i use touphscript to edit the .exe) , but when i launch the ff7.exe (also translated,image 3) work good.

Someone  tested the ff7_mo.exe edited and happened the same?(maybe are my mistake,i dont know very well what im doing  xDD)
Spoiler: show

Launching ff7_mo.exe

Launching ff7_mo.exe

Launching ff7.exe

For that patch I grabbed a FF7_MO.exe from my FF7 directory which I'm assuming 7H put there when I installed it, and quickly ran it through HextEdit with the 1.5 .exe changes hoping that would do the trick. But it seems that it didn't work properly. It might be that there's changes in the FF7_MO.exe which are clashing with the ones I applied, or it might be that the one I had was wrong in some way; I'll need to do a more thorough look into it when I've gotten this college project submitted on Friday.

Cosmo Canyon, the planetarium segment. Aeris' sprite goes 'invisible', but I think what's happening is the sprite is appearing below the entire 'ground' in such a way that players can't then see her (as there was a point where it looked like a moving lump of 'brown' rocks was on the ground before Red 13's grandpa started talking about the nature of worlds and lifestreams and all that fun stuff and then her sprite was gone entirely). Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot. >_<

EDIT: Aerith's "Planet Protector" limitbreak is not working as described. Actually, I'm pretty sure that NONE of the Limitbreaks are working as described at this point if they've been changed from their vanilla effects. :shrugs:

Second EDIT; Ok, Mideel Area. The Hippogriff (I think that's what it's named) enemy used a "L2 Confu" spell, which effected my level 57 character. Looking at it via ProudClod, the "Attack %" is "2%", the "Chance" is "63/252", and the "Attack Damage" listings are set at "8X Magical, Hit Chance MOD target level = Hit, no def." and "X3, Unknown". So yeah, something funky going on there with that.

I know the issue, it's the 'giant model' problem that usually only affects Cloud and which can occur on the default version of the game in places like Mt. Corel, Planetarium, etc (usually where FMVs with characters appear). What's interesting though is that this usually only affects the controllable character, and in that particular scene you get limited control over Aeris/Yuffie/Tifa to make them interact with the passing planet models, etc. I think it's an intermittent issue with an unknown engine cause but I'll defo take a look.

I checked recently and found that the March 10th EXE doesn't have Limit Break adjustments applied to it; bit of a bummer but it's been long enough that I'll prob hold off on adding them until I've done the full patch for 1.5. The other .EXE features are in there though.

I know why that is, but I'm kind of too ashamed to say why so here's the half-truth answer: something in the damage adjustment work-around is affecting that attack. The attack itself is functioning correctly, there's just something working behind the scenes that I added which makes that attack land. I wouldn't worry about it in any case.

Bit of news, I'm about to finish my 2-year college course on Friday (or following Friday if I miss deadline/need to make adjustments to my submitted project). This means I won't be bouncing between college and my job in the mornings & evenings and have a bit more time for modding again. I'll be sorting out the current crop of issues with a big patch and getting to work on FF8 NT a mere year and a half over-schedule s:

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: 2018-06-05 21:35:20 »
Hi Sega Chief,

I have been checking out your mod for some time and I am desperate to give it a try. I am coming up against some hurdles with my current mod setup and I have no idea how to overcome it as modding FF7 without bootleg or a mod organiser seems very tricky.

I have been using the old bootleg tool to mod FF7 as 7th heaven doesnt seem to give me the option for the old PRP field models and classic style battle models I like. I like to keep the graphical changes fairly minimal/purist in this regard.

I have been installed your mod first. Then running bootleg. Everything seems to work in that all the new field and battle models are there along with scene enhancements etc but your mod seems to only be 'half' installed. The new prompts about beginning new threat appear along with barrets prompt about regular/field music, but none of the gameplay changes have actually happened such as cloud having fire at the start or any of the enemy stats or attacks changing etc.

I'm kind of at my wits end with this as I just want to play the game with smoothed out field backgrounds, non wonky looking character models, a nice menu, and your mod.

If anyone has any advice as to how I could get this to work It would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Cyborgic

• View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: 2018-06-06 00:50:01 »
Hey SegaChief, thanks for making an excellent mod. I've been playing on and off for a few months and finally got around to beating the game tonight. I have very few complaints; at some points I would die really quickly but trial and error tactics often led me to dominating the boss soon after.

A few things however:

* What are the steal chances for weapons in the north crater? I spent the better part of an hour trying to steal from the behemoth and dragon enemies to no avail. It was so bad I contemplated getting the sneak glove...

* Which leads me to my next point. At some point during disc 3, I think after the dark cave sidequest, I lost the key to sector 5 I had already dug up from bone village. This means I have no way to get back inside midgar again AFAIK.

* The status changes you get from the battle arena reels are incurable. I don't remember it being that way in the original so I thought I'd bring it up to see if it was intentional.

* In the same vein I was not able to do anything about the dark cave boss that casts confusion/peerless. That character essentially became lost to the boss's side. Also all of the statuses it could inflict seemed to bypass protection.

* Jenova-Juno went into countdown mode and became seemingly immune to physical damage, but she stopped counting down (actually counted up) when I drained her MP. The arms never revived and she didn't do anything besides count so the battle just turned into a process of me figuring out what I could hurt her with.

Overall it was a great experience and much more fun and rewarding than I remember the original game being. Thanks a ton!

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: 2018-06-06 04:28:56 »
Bit of news, I'm about to finish my 2-year college course on Friday (or following Friday if I miss deadline/need to make adjustments to my submitted project). This means I won't be bouncing between college and my job in the mornings & evenings and have a bit more time for modding again. I'll be sorting out the current crop of issues with a big patch and getting to work on FF8 NT a mere year and a half over-schedule s:

Congratulations. And yeah, I know that feeling all too well. :P

I know the issue, it's the 'giant model' problem that usually only affects Cloud and which can occur on the default version of the game in places like Mt. Corel, Planetarium, etc (usually where FMVs with characters appear). What's interesting though is that this usually only affects the controllable character, and in that particular scene you get limited control over Aeris/Yuffie/Tifa to make them interact with the passing planet models, etc. I think it's an intermittent issue with an unknown engine cause but I'll defo take a look.

Huh, well, good to know that we know what the issue is at least. I'm kind of kicking myself for not testing that scene further to see if it was having similiar issues with the other characters as well.

I checked recently and found that the March 10th EXE doesn't have Limit Break adjustments applied to it; bit of a bummer but it's been long enough that I'll prob hold off on adding them until I've done the full patch for 1.5. The other .EXE features are in there though.

A pity I'm having issues getting Libre to work, otherwise I would have changed the Limits to match their descriptions already. Oh well, I'm patient, and it's not causing glitches in its own right, plus I am doing focusing on doing quick play testing and error finding for you. ;D

I know why that is, but I'm kind of too ashamed to say why so here's the half-truth answer: something in the damage adjustment work-around is affecting that attack. The attack itself is functioning correctly, there's just something working behind the scenes that I added which makes that attack land. I wouldn't worry about it in any case.

Heh. Honestly, unless that coding function affects L5 Suicide, I'd just rename the "L2 Confu" to something else. Easiest and laziest way to address that. :P

Anyways, just got to "Satan's Gate", and while I'm glad to see that the Powersoul item was moved there as a stealable item, in previous versions of Arrange the fight involved two versions of the Gate surrounding the party, which given I only fought one, I had to comment on given it was not as expected for Arrange and ridiculously easy to kill. :P

idaelus

• View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: 2018-06-06 12:10:45 »
Wow, the little Easter egg dialog at the beginning of the Ruby Wrapon fight if C-loud and Barret are in the party was just the best.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: 2018-06-06 22:39:35 »
Hi Sega Chief,

I have been checking out your mod for some time and I am desperate to give it a try. I am coming up against some hurdles with my current mod setup and I have no idea how to overcome it as modding FF7 without bootleg or a mod organiser seems very tricky.

I have been using the old bootleg tool to mod FF7 as 7th heaven doesnt seem to give me the option for the old PRP field models and classic style battle models I like. I like to keep the graphical changes fairly minimal/purist in this regard.

I have been installed your mod first. Then running bootleg. Everything seems to work in that all the new field and battle models are there along with scene enhancements etc but your mod seems to only be 'half' installed. The new prompts about beginning new threat appear along with barrets prompt about regular/field music, but none of the gameplay changes have actually happened such as cloud having fire at the start or any of the enemy stats or attacks changing etc.

I'm kind of at my wits end with this as I just want to play the game with smoothed out field backgrounds, non wonky looking character models, a nice menu, and your mod.

If anyone has any advice as to how I could get this to work It would be massively appreciated.

Thanks

All right, so Bootleg can be very unwieldy when something goes wrong and/or you want to change something in the set-up. Both it and the NT installer overwrite files rather than inserting them, which is why some files are working and others aren't.

Just for understanding as to the file structure

Battle.lgp: Battle models
Scene.bin: Actual enemy stats, AI, formations, attacks
Kernel.bin: Holds character stats, equipment, Materia, Items, EXP arcs, Initial Data for new game; must be synched with Scene.bin otherwise wrong encounters load, causing crashes
flevel.lgp: Field scripts & events, dialogue, backgrounds
char.lgp: Stores all the field character models and their animation files (is used with flevel.lgp)

It sounds like the NT Scene.bin (enemy data) + kernel.bin (character/menu data) are being overwritten but the flevel has been left alone. Bootleg has likely overwritten these when it was installed.

What we could try doing is merging the PRP models into the NT battle.lgp and char.lgp. We use a tool called ULGP by Luksy to decompile model archives for editing then recompile them for use by the game; if you're able to get a NT battle/char.lgp and a PRP-installed battle/char.lgp then you'd be able to decompile them, pass the PRP models over to the NT archives, and then recompile them.

I'm going to be sticking in with my graded unit project until this Friday (deadline) but if you want me to have a shot at merging the archives for you, then get a PRP installation set up with the models you want and shoot me the battle.lgp and char.lgp so I can decompile/merge them into NT archives. We'll work the rest out like menu overhaul from there.

heya....correct me if im wrong....but did cait sith have any unlockable limits after slots? i thought i remembered there being something like lucky girl or mog dance that you could use in L3, but its been forever.

No, he only has two levels of Limits; Slots are hard-coded for the Lv.3 as well as Lv.2 so it was a no-go.

Hey SegaChief, thanks for making an excellent mod. I've been playing on and off for a few months and finally got around to beating the game tonight. I have very few complaints; at some points I would die really quickly but trial and error tactics often led me to dominating the boss soon after.

A few things however:

* What are the steal chances for weapons in the north crater? I spent the better part of an hour trying to steal from the behemoth and dragon enemies to no avail. It was so bad I contemplated getting the sneak glove...

* Which leads me to my next point. At some point during disc 3, I think after the dark cave sidequest, I lost the key to sector 5 I had already dug up from bone village. This means I have no way to get back inside midgar again AFAIK.

* The status changes you get from the battle arena reels are incurable. I don't remember it being that way in the original so I thought I'd bring it up to see if it was intentional.

* In the same vein I was not able to do anything about the dark cave boss that casts confusion/peerless. That character essentially became lost to the boss's side. Also all of the statuses it could inflict seemed to bypass protection.

* Jenova-Juno went into countdown mode and became seemingly immune to physical damage, but she stopped counting down (actually counted up) when I drained her MP. The arms never revived and she didn't do anything besides count so the battle just turned into a process of me figuring out what I could hurt her with.

Overall it was a great experience and much more fun and rewarding than I remember the original game being. Thanks a ton!

The Steals thing has been a problem for a very long time; it's a side-effect of my non-.exe solution to the level-scaling on physical attacks. I'll be able to fix this properly with executable modifications in future, and retire the work-around which means Stealing and the like will be functioning as normal for future builds.

Sector 5 Key needs to be re-added to the script, I must have the wrong Key Item ID or something.

Battle Square status changes are 'forced' onto the fighter and if you have status protection then it becomes 'incurable' due to the way status immunities work in the game; it was an issue in the original game as well. Poison would ordinarily deal 0 damage however but I changed the .exe to make poison ticks non-elemental and not dependent upon the Poison element anymore, which means it'll probably be causing damage now. An unforeseen side-effect of the change.

I think Debarrier/Dispel should be able to get rid of Peerless, I set them up to ignore status defence.

Sounds like Juno is broke in some way, I'll have a look at it.

Glad you enjoyed the mod overall though, despite the bugs; I'll be trying to fix all them up soon.

Heh. Honestly, unless that coding function affects L5 Suicide, I'd just rename the "L2 Confu" to something else. Easiest and laziest way to address that. :P

Anyways, just got to "Satan's Gate", and while I'm glad to see that the Powersoul item was moved there as a stealable item, in previous versions of Arrange the fight involved two versions of the Gate surrounding the party, which given I only fought one, I had to comment on given it was not as expected for Arrange and ridiculously easy to kill. :P

I'm in the process of removing all Level-based attacks; was never a fan of them.

Satan's Gate is a disappointment; not sure how I managed to mess up making it a tough boss, I guess it's been such a long time that I played the game actively that I lost my touch a bit. I'll be playing a bit of Gjoerulv's Hardcore mod soon to get myself back into shape.

Wow, the little Easter egg dialog at the beginning of the Ruby Wrapon fight if C-loud and Barret are in the party was just the best.

I thought it'd be a nice thing to add.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: 2018-06-07 03:06:33 »
I think Debarrier/Dispel should be able to get rid of Peerless, I set them up to ignore status defence.

I can confirm that Dispel removes Peerless, though I have not tested Debarrier against Peerless as I figured that only effected Barrier/MBarrier/Wall/Shield.

I'm in the process of removing all Level-based attacks; was never a fan of them.

Hmm, it'll be interesting to see what you do with "L5 Suicide" then. ;D

Satan's Gate is a disappointment; not sure how I managed to mess up making it a tough boss, I guess it's been such a long time that I played the game actively that I lost my touch a bit. I'll be playing a bit of Gjoerulv's Hardcore mod soon to get myself back into shape.
Given the name of the enemy, having the party face off against two of them, and having them focus on targeting and locking down Aeris (who is usually the main party healer and/or spell caster given her equipment and builds) would be nice places to start I think. Given that "Satan" is also a "Fallen Angel", you could have one of the gates focusing on the offensive and party-locking while the other is focusing on the defensive/healing/buffing.

Anyways, I encountered a 'problem'. So, Temple of the Ancients is gone and Aeris has left the party and all that fun stuff. I went and dealt with the Fort Condor battle before going over to Junon to play the Junon League fights to get hold of some of the fun items. While doing so I spotted a "Problem" in Under Junon.

Aeris is there next to Tifa commenting on how "Gloomy" the place is.

So yeah, that needs tweaked I dare say. :P

EDIT; Found another problem. Three of them in fact. Junon fighting leagues. First, when the guy asks you what League you want to chose, "Cancel" is listed as an "Unavailable League". So yeah, that needs tweaked. Second, Boris/Borith introduces him/her/(it?)self by both names. Third? "Gun" uses Tseng's "I got careless" line (with "Tseng" in the line rather than "Gun") after you defeat her.
« Last Edit: 2018-06-07 03:59:56 by Robo Jesus »

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: 2018-06-07 09:23:54 »
All right, so Bootleg can be very unwieldy when something goes wrong and/or you want to change something in the set-up. Both it and the NT installer overwrite files rather than inserting them, which is why some files are working and others aren't.

Just for understanding as to the file structure

Battle.lgp: Battle models
Scene.bin: Actual enemy stats, AI, formations, attacks
Kernel.bin: Holds character stats, equipment, Materia, Items, EXP arcs, Initial Data for new game; must be synched with Scene.bin otherwise wrong encounters load, causing crashes
flevel.lgp: Field scripts & events, dialogue, backgrounds
char.lgp: Stores all the field character models and their animation files (is used with flevel.lgp)

It sounds like the NT Scene.bin (enemy data) + kernel.bin (character/menu data) are being overwritten but the flevel has been left alone. Bootleg has likely overwritten these when it was installed.

What we could try doing is merging the PRP models into the NT battle.lgp and char.lgp. We use a tool called ULGP by Luksy to decompile model archives for editing then recompile them for use by the game; if you're able to get a NT battle/char.lgp and a PRP-installed battle/char.lgp then you'd be able to decompile them, pass the PRP models over to the NT archives, and then recompile them.

I'm going to be sticking in with my graded unit project until this Friday (deadline) but if you want me to have a shot at merging the archives for you, then get a PRP installation set up with the models you want and shoot me the battle.lgp and char.lgp so I can decompile/merge them into NT archives. We'll work the rest out like menu overhaul from there.

Thanks for your reply.

So would you like to do a bootleg install like I have been doing and then send you those files for edit? Just to be clear on what you need.

Should be able to send it over this evening.

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: 2018-06-07 15:22:22 »
If you do a bootleg install then I'll need the battle.lgp and the char.lgp I think, from Battle and Field folders.

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: 2018-06-07 18:14:05 »
If you do a bootleg install then I'll need the battle.lgp and the char.lgp I think, from Battle and Field folders.

Sure thing, How shall I send these to you?