Author Topic: Game install Reunion / 7th Heaven WITHOUT Bootleg with all graphics enhancement  (Read 11095 times)

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Hello all !

Today, I want to test for the first time a 7heaven install, and the New treat Mod by Sega chief, in replacement of Hardcore mod Gjoerulv that I played since the beginning.

My goal : having Reunion, Anxious Heart, NT Mod AND all graphics and sound enhancement working together( HQ sounds, magical effects, etc.. ).
Today, I have all the graphics and sound enhancements because I came from a Bootleg install, that I 'merged' with a reunion install.
I don't wan't to install Bootleg anymore, but I wonder if it is possible to have all graphics improvements with just Reunion( and maybe a lot of manual install of many mods is required ? )

So, if I understand correctly :

- I perform a fresh FF7 install( I have the 2012 re-release version, not the steam ).
- F77 7th heaven game converter
- Last Aali's driver
- Reunion + Anxious Heart
- 7th Heaven
- NT Mod 7th version

Would it work like that ? How having too all the enhancements like a bootleg install ? ( magical effects, textures enhancements, etc ? )

Thanks a lot by advance, and sorry for the long post.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-12 12:38:39 by ManuBBXX »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Aali's driver will install with the 7H Game Converter, and the Anxious Heart + NT mods are included in the 7H Catalog. All you would need to do is start with a fresh install of the game, use the 7H Converter, try installing Reunion, then lastly setting up 7H with any other mods you want. Anxious Heart soundtracks are in the Media - Music and Sound category and NT 1.2 is in the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story category.

Once R02 is released, I will take a look at ReTranslation and if it could be added to the 7H Catalog.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Thanks a lot, as always, EQ2Alyza for the fast response :)
So, in 7H settings, I will be able to have more or less the same mods than I always had with Bootleg  ? ( i mean : magochocobo, spell effects, etc etc.. and all the 'old' graphics overhaul mods like that )

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Not all of them, but a lot of them. There are texture mods for battle, field, and world that I think cover most of what people want. And that's not to say I can't add more if people request it :)

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Wonderful !  :)
Sound effects too ?
I try that that evening  8)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Moved out of the Bootleg subforum since you're specifically talking about not using it.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Thanks Vgr :)

In 7th Heaven, can I manually import my old mods without redonwloading it from the interface ? Like yarlson field textures or chaos models ?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Both of those are included in the 7H Catalog, but CHaOS will crash during the Motobike Chase. This is a 7H issue, not a mod issue, and we're waiting for Iros to help us fix it.

You can manually import your own mods if you want, but you will need to learn how to put together the folders and .xml file for 7H to read.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Yes I would try to import yarlson field textures because I don't to download again the 3GB of the pack..
If I extract / replace yarlson field textures in mod/Reunion/field folder, like before, would it work with 7H ?

quequotion

• View Profile
As long as you put the files in the write place in the directory, you can mix and match any texture packs you want.

R01 covers a lot of textures, but not battle, field, magic and world textures.

You may even want to overwrite some Reunion textures with your own preferences (avatars, etc)

Inside mods/:
Code: [Select]
Reunion/:
(PNG Magic textures)*
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12836.0

battle/:
  (PNG Battle Scene textures)
  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14469.0
  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14610.0

Chocobo/:
  (PNG textures installed by Reunion)

cr/:

disc/:

field/:
  (subfolders of PNG Field textures)
  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15335.0
  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12260.0

Flevel/:

Magic/:
  (PNG Magic textures and subfolders of PNG Magic textures)*

Menu/:
  (PNG Avatar textures)
  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13378.0
  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15239.0
  (zeni_h_00.png)
  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13383.0

World/:
  (PNG World Map Textures)
  http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14469.0
*The magic texture pack puts some files in the base directory and other files and subfolders in the Magic directory; this is intended.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-27 19:14:08 by quequotion »

lionheart82

• View Profile
I know its an odl thread but its the most appropriate one for my theme/subject. Or if this thread is dead do i make a new one? or a similar active one exists where i can post this?

MADE 7H WORK WITH REUNION’S BEACAUSE!

INSTALL ORDER! Did FF7 Steam as per 7H instructions, copied Aalis 0711b, Extract Waifus (or FacePalmer if someone preffers that) graphics pack into mods\textures\ folder, point ff7opengl.cfg to that path, Reunion (only Beacause part!), Move all textures folder contents to Reunion folder in main mods folder. Finished! Works! :-D

1)   After mounting FF7DISC1.iso to install Game Converter does it STAY mounted or do i unmount? And how does 7H change discs when i reach that point?
2)   I installed the game as per instructions but it didnt play, said my graphics card dont support opengl 2.0, then copied alis ff7_opengl-0.7.11b into main folder and then it worked.
3)   It seems MO messes up w intro screen (either through bootleg or 7H)

ERRORS:
 This dont appear anymore: - On launching the game i get message:
No useful indirect path found, check APP.LOG for more information.
didnt identify what it means and dont see any problem w the game now so i leave it alone. But if anyone knows the problem please let me know.

WAIFU GFX PACK(after copying to textures folder):
your graphics driver does not support NPOT textures, check app.log for more info.
Dont see any problem w the game so i leave it alone.

INTRO:
Error: couldnt lock sound buffer
Opening movie doesnt get sound sync, music starts as the movie goes then stutters, then stops. Movie finishes and game takes over and the music continues of normaly. Im worried that this doesnt happen w every fmv in the game...
Can i do smtn to lock that sound buffer?

MUSIC:
How can i setup mu ogg selection to play in 7H? which plugin/folder/path in ff7opengl.cfg to set to make it work? Original ost from steam works but i wanna my music. Can i make an IRO from it and import it? Music iro dont work on my laptop, just like graphics field, world and movies. So i just copied movies, figured out the graphics, but music remained the last trouble.
***********************************************************************************
EQ2ALYZA(quote):
IMPORTANT: Use the up/down arrow keys to arrange the mods in the following load order:
Miscellaneous - Red Werewolf (removed bc of some glitches)
Miscellaneous - CHaOS (Character Overhaul Seven) – replaced w separate updated CHaOS iros
(copy his url into settings field, just bellow standard iros url:
iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=fZGmYc0T)
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story (removed bc of some glitches, dont care anyway)
Battle Models - Weapons
Any order thereafter (I go alphabetically)

Working(this is the order that works for me):
???  CHaOS Animation AT THE BEGINNING! (??? = dont see any difference so whatever, just left it there)
OK CHaOS Cloud
OK Battle Models – Weapons (no change for aeris, new wpn modles are missing textures)
OK Battle Models – Characters
OK Field Models - Characters
OK Battle Models – Enemies
OK Animations
OK Gameplay – Tweaks and Cheats (wo Barret sync, messes up intro)
OK World Models – Characters, Enemies & Vehicles (Choose Green Buggy, red dont work, missing textures)
???  Barret Test (??? = dont see any difference so whatever, just left it there)
OK Minigames – Fort Condor (Reunion and moving textures fixed missing bckground/field texture problem i had prior to that, that made me play blind, only players were visible and player shop screen)
??? Minigames – Chocobo Race (??? = didnt reach that part yet, couldnt check)
??? Minigames – Wonder Square (??? = didnt reach that part yet, couldnt check)

USELESS/BUGGED so removed:
OK Miscellaneous - CHaOS (Character Overhaul Seven) If last field wpn on back doesnt work -> replaced by CHaOS Cloud
NOK World Textures
NOK  Battle Textures
NOK Media – Music and Sound only sounds work, so just copy backup sounds from mods folder(extracted from music iro)
NOK Media – Movies – just copy backup folder from mods folder(chose from tifas bootleg selection)
NOK  Field Textures
NOK  Spell Textures
NOK Menu – Backgrounds and Avatars NOT WORKING
BREAKS Menu Overhaul BREAKS GFX! (7th H) (Reunion R03 – Intro menu screen is messed up and intro credits half lower screen is missing)
NOK Chaos Base Unneccessary? AT THE BOTTOM! Removed bc i dont see what it changes/does
NOK Gameplay – Difficulty and Story
OK Miscellaneous – Red Werewolf
-   CRASHES! New Threat
-   OK Hardcore
***********************************************************************************

lionheart82

• View Profile
This is my lattest APP.LOG:  (i removed 2 intro movies as they are boring and unneccessary, works fin wo them. ;-)  )

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel 945GM 1.4.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 800x600, output resolution 800x600, internal resolution 800x600
INFO: No NPOT texture support and output resolution is not a multiple of 320x240, expect missing framebuffer effects
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: AWE SOUNDFONT MIDI
using midi data file: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\midi\awe.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
ERROR: couldn't open movie file: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\eidoslogo.avi
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/Reunion/cr/opback_d_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/Reunion/cr/opback_e_00.png
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/Reunion/cr/opback_f_00.png
ERROR: couldn't open movie file: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\sqlogo.avi
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI play: 95
reading midi file: PRE.mid
current volume: 127
MIDI is playing SUCCESSFULLY!!!
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
MIDI set volume trans: 127->0; step=60
MIDI stop - OK
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
100% of 127 = 127
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\/mods/Reunion/menu/buster_00.png
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
ERROR: NPOT textures not suppported, will not be able to load unknown
stop_sound
100% of 127 = 127
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
MIDI cross fade: 13, time: 4