Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 532381 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #300 on: 2015-02-09 05:20:24 »
Something is still not right on your end then.

Skopin

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2015-02-09 14:54:43 »
So I am having some trouble getting this to work. I was originally on Windows 7, and everything seemed to be working fine. I updated to the Windows 10 preview, and now I cannot activate/deactivate any mods, or launch the game without it crashing. I've tried removing everything and starting from scratch, and I am able to download mods from the directory, but it still crashes when I try to activate/deactivate mods.

Code: [Select]
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.CheckAllowedActivate(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 505
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 539
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoModBarAction(pMod pm, ModBarAction a) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 577
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.bActivate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 163
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2015-02-09 22:09:14 »
yeah happened to me when I upgraded, you just need to run the gameconverter again. The upgrade process doesn't carry over the registry keys properly when you upgrade.

IcedHulk

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2015-02-11 17:14:51 »

Hi. I've been messing with 7th Heaven for about a week now and I was really enjoying it until I had a couple issues.  When the gang first travels to Kalm, and Cloud is telling the story of his time with Sephiroth in Nibelheim, the battles are very wrong.  When the enemy hits their truck in the very beginning of the story, 2 Yuffies appear next to Sephiroth and begin attacking.  Later in the caves, the monsters are also wrong, to the point that Sephiroth just continuously uses his ice and lightning which heal the enemy meaning the battle goes on indefinitely.

In the setup tutorial it says to make sure to remove any traces of previous mods/bootleg etc, but i've never used any mods before this.  I had most of the ones offered in 7H installed except for the Red Werewolf, Tweaks and Cheats, and the running animation.  I systematically deactivated each mod and tested again.  Then i uninstalled them from 7H and retested.  Still have the same problem.  I don't want to lose my 6.5 hours, so please help me.

Thanks!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2015-02-12 00:53:19 »
You deactivated each mod and also uninstalled? This is all done through memory injection, so nothing gets permanently modified by 7H. If they aren't being activated then something is wrong with your own game files.

I have a feeling it's a result of the misplaced flevel in Menu Overhaul. It will be removed in the next update. In the mean time, deactivate MO and see what happens.

IcedHulk

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2015-02-12 02:29:29 »
Thank you for your response!  I have deactivated MO, and the error still occurs. 

Total noob question here, but which file contains my saves?  I'd like to know in case you decide a full uninstall and reinstall is the best course of action. 

Thanks again.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2015-02-12 04:48:51 »
They're in the save folder ;)

One more thing to note: What is your load order on the Active Mods list? List them in exact order, top to bottom.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-12 04:58:10 by EQ2Alyza »

IcedHulk

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2015-02-12 05:17:21 »
K I wasn't sure if the save in the save folder was right, because if you just try to load the main game (without 7H or mods) it doesn't recognize any saves. 

Like I said before though, i deactivated and later uninstalled all the mods.  I can give you my best guess though.

Chaos
Difficulty and Story
Weapons
Battle Characters
Battle Enemies
Battle Textures
Field Models
Field Textures
World Models
World Textures
Movies
Music and Sound
Menu Backgrounds and Textures
Menu Overhaul
Spell Textures
Minigames

I moved a few things around here and there so it probably wasn't exactly this at the end.  Oh, but I never changed the top mods out of the order you specify in the tutorial. Sorry I'm not more help on this.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2015-02-12 06:20:37 »
Try moving Gameplay - Difficulty and Story above CHaOS and report if it changes.

IcedHulk

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2015-02-12 15:19:40 »
The only mod I didn't uninstall when I was trying to troubleshoot was Gameplay and Story, so it is at the top of the list currently.  The same issues are present however.

I may try uninstalling everything and starting from scratch again.

IcedHulk

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2015-02-12 17:42:35 »
K i completely uninstalled and scrubbed everything except the save file, registry and all.  I reinstalled 7 to a non system folder, ran the converter, and downloaded only the difficulty and story mod to test it.  Sure enough, Yuffie was still there to fight with me, so the error persists.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2015-02-12 20:16:24 »
Uninstall and clean the registry keys before you reinstall. Check the FAQ section for the two tools to use.

NeoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2015-02-12 20:48:07 »
@IcedHulk : Have you tried running evrything BUT the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story mod?

I was having the same problems after numerous installs/uninstalls, to find that evrything works as long as Gameplay - Difficulty and Story mod was deactivated.

IcedHulk

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2015-02-12 21:17:26 »
@E2QAlyza I always use CCleaner and I did use the FF reg cleaner as well as double checking in the registry myself.

I will try running it without gameplay mod and post my findings.

UPDATE:  I ran the game without the gameplay/story mod.  Instead of Yuffie in a forest arena I got a Green Dragon in the rain.  I believe this is the correct monster for that area.  This saddens me because I really wanted to run the Aerith revival story :(   Oh well at least i can play now.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-12 21:32:00 by IcedHulk »

NeoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2015-02-12 21:49:11 »
Yeah me too! My best guess is that there's either a setting conflict with another mod or a missing registry key

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2015-02-12 22:23:41 »
Which gameplay option did you choose?

IcedHulk

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2015-02-12 22:44:24 »
I had the Aerith Revival-Full selected.

NeoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2015-02-13 01:17:02 »
Same here.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2015-02-15 02:49:47 »
Might as well put this here.  I have tried to install this mod and for some reason the converter won't allow me to do it.  It won't automatically detect the installation of my 2012 Rerelease nor run correctly even in administrator mode.  I have the folder installed somewhere in my main hard drive where I can access it easily, used to run bootleg with it and it worked fine till I put in Aali's new driver and did a new Reunion install. Now this.  It's saying the source files are incompatible. 

Mugetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2015-02-15 03:20:54 »
hey all, first of i want to say, nice job done, really fantastic.
i just have one question though, i installed a fresh steam release and used the convertor and did all the things said in the tutorial, now when i try too check the supscriptions, it gives me an error saying it cant connect to the server, is this because of a(n)* limit reached on bandwith or anything? like just wait a bit like said in the FaQ? or is this some kind of other problem.?

thank you in advance and i wish u all a very nice day

* im not native english so i am not sure whether to use the a or an in this case..

--EDIT--

feeling quite stupid now, after sleeping a night the catalog did manage to download and update just fine, just had to wait a bit i guess :)
« Last Edit: 2015-02-15 13:31:38 by Mugetsu »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2015-02-15 21:50:00 »
I had the Aerith Revival-Full selected.
Same here.

I've always had issues with Aerith Revival when using it with Bootleg, and all I did for 7H was transfer over the Bootleg files. I'll look into it, but I can't guarantee a fix since I didn't make the mod and the author has stopped working on it.

Might as well put this here.  I have tried to install this mod and for some reason the converter won't allow me to do it.  It won't automatically detect the installation of my 2012 Rerelease nor run correctly even in administrator mode.  I have the folder installed somewhere in my main hard drive where I can access it easily, used to run bootleg with it and it worked fine till I put in Aali's new driver and did a new Reunion install. Now this.  It's saying the source files are incompatible. 

There is nowhere in this guide that says to manually put in Aali's new driver or install Reunion first. Aali's 0.8.1b will be setup by the Game Converter, and Reunion features will be added to the Catalog as they come. MO is already there, and ReTranslation is coming next. I hope to add Weapon in the future when it gets completed.

The message for "source files are incompatible" is a check for files found in several of the popular pirated copies on torrent sites.

WhiteShadow11

• You are free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2015-02-16 14:39:50 »
What does FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe differently than the original one? I have problems with the modified version...

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2015-02-17 12:52:11 »
Hello !
If I want to have a 7H install with Reunion R02b and NT Mod 1.3, Red werewolf, with all battle, field textures, etc, can I do the following setup ? :

- Fresh FF7 install + 7H converter
- Then Reunion install
- Then 7H load with : NT Mod, chaos character overhaul, red werewolf, etc.. What is the correct order ?

And are all of those mods 'compatible' thanks to 7H ?

Edit : Sorry for the big number of questions ^^ But.. In te list of mods in catalog tab, there is menu overhaul, and music/sounds. There's no need to install menu overhall from 7H if we have Reunion no ? For Anxious Heart, that I love, can I install him with the installer manually ?
« Last Edit: 2015-02-18 21:44:27 by ManuBBXX »

Ledge Buoy

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2015-02-19 22:07:31 »
Hello !
If I want to have a 7H install with Reunion R02b and NT Mod 1.3, Red werewolf, with all battle, field textures, etc, can I do the following setup ? :

- Then Reunion install
- Then 7H load with : NT Mod, chaos character overhaul, red werewolf, etc.. What is the correct order ?

Edit : Sorry for the big number of questions ^^ But.. In te list of mods in catalog tab, there is menu overhaul, and music/sounds. There's no need to install menu overhall from 7H if we have Reunion no ? For Anxious Heart, that I love, can I install him with the installer manually ?

No clue about Reuinion but as for NT and Red Werewolf: Using both will cause some false encounters (in my case every encounter turned into the battle against Yuffie in the forest) if Red Werewolf is loaded before NT. I have no longer come across any problems after putting "Red Werewolf" below "Gameplay - Difficulty and Story" in the load order. Someone using Reuinion might be able to tell you about the Reuinion-compatibilities for anything beyond that.

Oh and since this is my first post:
Thanks a lot to all the modders putting so much work into enhancing one of the best gaming-experiences many of us ever had, thanks to Iros for comining it all into one easy setup and thanks to Alyza for writing this tutorial (and being one of the modders previously mentioned).
« Last Edit: 2015-02-19 22:12:31 by Ledge Buoy »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2015-02-19 22:50:37 »
What does FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe differently than the original one? I have problems with the modified version...

It adds the correct Aali driver, registers the correct keys for use with 7H, renames and moves folders to work properly, adds DLPB dlls needed for hext edits, etc...

What is your problem with the 7H version?

Hello !

- Then Reunion install

Using installers before 7H will more than likely cause issues. I will be putting the features of them into the 7H Catalog and will only support it used within 7H. Sorry about this, but I just don't have the time or energy to problem solve every installer for a new mod that comes out to be used alongside 7H. It's much easier to just add them into the 7H Catalog, which at this point, should be doable with almost any mod.

No clue about Reuinion but as for NT and Red Werewolf: Using both will cause some false encounters (in my case every encounter turned into the battle against Yuffie in the forest) if Red Werewolf is loaded before NT. I have no longer come across any problems after putting "Red Werewolf" below "Gameplay - Difficulty and Story" in the load order. Someone using Reuinion might be able to tell you about the Reuinion-compatibilities for anything beyond that.

Oh and since this is my first post:
Thanks a lot to all the modders putting so much work into enhancing one of the best gaming-experiences many of us ever had, thanks to Iros for comining it all into one easy setup and thanks to Alyza for writing this tutorial (and being one of the modders previously mentioned).

The mod author for Red Werewolf put together the patches for the scene.bin and flevel compatibility with each Gameplay option. They must have patched it for NT 1.2 when it was first added back in September 2014, which has had many updates and patches to its scene.bin and flevel since. I think this is why the encounters now don't work because I have since added these patches to the NT option in the Catalog. When NT 1.3 is added, I will need to redo the compatibility patches to try and fix this. Until then, try loading up a different Gameplay option to test and see if the encounters return to normal. If they do, then what I just explained is indeed the problem. If the encounters are still messed up, then I will be removing Red Werewolf from public use until I can absolutely resolve the issue.