Author Topic: GF Summons as Enemy Attacks?  (Read 3897 times)

evilmog6

• View Profile
GF Summons as Enemy Attacks?
« on: 2016-06-30 03:15:31 »
How feasible would it be to have an enemy attack with a GF summon animation and damage type? As in, could a Galbadian soldier "summon" Quezacotl? None of the GF mechanics of defense while summoning or anything need be a part of this... maybe that could be handled with AI scripts, but before any of that would be worth investigating, could this be done in the first place?

When I try to use the Magic ID for a summon attack as an enemy attack, using Magic Attack for the attack type so it looks like a "magic spell" when it goes off, or using any other attack type, this causes some serious graphical glitches to occur in the encounter as soon as the encounter starts, before the creature even takes a turn, so clearly it's not just that easy (if it's even possible).

If this is possible, how might it be achieved?

JWP

• View Profile
Re: GF Summons as Enemy Attacks?
« Reply #1 on: 2016-06-30 21:12:32 »
Sort of, changing fire to a magic ID of a GF seems to work fine for a Galabadian soldier but there are some quirks with camera angles and the soldiers don't disappear (there might be flags to fix this that we haven't found yet). Using "Magic Attack" for the attack type doesn't make it look like a magic spell, setting the animation ID correctly in Ifrit for that ability would make it look like a magic spell (i.e. showing green sparkles when casting). Mixing a physical attack animation with a magic attack animation is probably going to cause issues.

Interestingly, I noticed that an ability type of 0x03 would in theory give you a GF attack (although Ifrit only supports setting 0x02, 0x04 and 0x08 for ability types) but it causes an access violation :P.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-30 22:03:11 by JWP »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2016-06-30 22:02:00 »
I would imagine that the animation for the summon is designed to make only the player party disappear. That's the way it is in VII anyway.

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-07-05 17:18:29 »
This is sample video I took by replacing ESI register containing current MagicID in process:
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZphASZYay44g9AsbFJcJFx6JzxFVxnBpNk

This happens, because after GF there's animation of character stepping back. It takes ownership. The access violation may be caused by forcing the enemy to play the appearing back effect and stepping back animation.

I'm writing about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9oCQD9IZcU (at 0:30)

itoikenza

• Chrono Cross Modder: http://pastebin.com/fuj8s836
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cross Hacking Wish List!
« Reply #4 on: 2016-07-31 00:40:58 »
I know, I know, this is kinda off topic but what about changing Seifer's "No Mercy" to look like "Bloodfest"? Is that possible? At least?