Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3007646 times)

BupBupper

• View Profile
@DLPB Thanks so much for this mod, having a blast re-experiencing the story. Got a bug to report though, hotfix installed all that.

1. When Tifa is in the first slot of the party, Cait Sith will freeze when attempting to read Cloud and Aeris' fortune at the Temple of the Ancients. Tifa appears to be in a fighting stance, which doesn't seem normal.
2. Yes
3. https://pastebin.com/rjxBnVN8 App.log
4. https://pastebin.com/wbBwjE4v Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
5. Don't see one crash.dmp (found in root folder)
6. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DI9YPUNLGbyVcUPZ9yg7nwPqG3LO82Wm/view?usp=sharing Your save file from just before the crash or hang

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Normal for fighting stance - she's jealous.  Issue already reported and fixed.   8)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-29 01:52:28 by DLPB »

BupBupper

• View Profile
@DLPB Oh alright, sorry for the redundant report.

Got a question though, wondering if this is on my end or a change due to the mod that I can't find listed.

Just unlocked the air ship and I can't seem to hold square [switch], numpad ., or insert or any of the possible controls to make the airship strafe. I'm pretty sure my buttons are configured right, everything else is working normally--junon airport minigame, snowboard, square inside of battle.

Save for good measure: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13nignjWdzq1dVN283gUrS0ZAoDef80RG/view?usp=sharing

usb

• View Profile
my friend reported me this glitch with field texture hd (inside global folder): the hand and triangle indicator disappear and they are replaced with some weird texture. The appearance is random after some time of play
already tried with keep aspect ratio on/off like suggested in this old thread http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17824.5

image:

log link (system specification inside the zip): https://www.mediafire.com/file/y300smt9q01y33c/bug_reunion.zip/file

i can't see anything in log.. maybe enable more logging feature?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
holding square on airship has been removed as it causes a bug and was left in by mistake.  it's a debugging control.  see the reunion database.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
texture issue is known.  are they using hotfix 11

usb

• View Profile
texture issue is known.  are they using hotfix 11
yes

skyhawk

• View Profile
image:

For reference, I've never seen that before, other than that one Hotfix [Hotfix 9?] with massive texture/field issues

For me the game either:
  • Runs Correctly
  • Crashes Suddenly
  • Does really weird shit in Battle if I use sot-reset, before crashing suddenly

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The crashing in battle is down to Audio replacement probably (as Reunion Database states) - no idea why.  If the texture issues persist with HF11 then it will take until I migrate to ffxn by True Odin in the future to resolve it.  Suggest using HF11 and also setting RAM usage setting to 1024

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
ff7.exe   N/A   Stop "Normal" controller config from writing to config.cfg.  Additionally, stop the default keys from being the numpad.   DLPB   DLPB   R06d

Another one out of the way.

And another:

ff7.exe   N/A   Ability to end minigames by holding Select and X [Cancel] for 2 second.   DLPB   DLPB   R06d
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 04:02:06 by DLPB »

usb

• View Profile
Sorry to bother you again DLPB... don't kill me  ;D
In my quest of porting italian version i've found with makou reactor some field with broken AKAO.. i think it's a known problem and they are in:
sininb1
sininb2
junair2
junone7

With r06c should I leave as it is or click repair in makou reactor?

and another little question (hopefully the last): inside new_translation\texture is it possible to add a magic folder? will it be read? or instead move file to global folder (they're italian magic translation)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 09:49:14 by usb »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Magic textures will be read from "New_Translation" folder, and inside it, there is a "textures" folder, that's where you put "battle" and "magic" folders which are the textures you need. All of the rain, seffect, etc pngs have to be in battle folder, and a lot of subfolders (like limit, summon, spell) with a lot of pngs have to be inside "magic" folder in order to work.

(eg. rain7_00, seffect1_00)
                                                                                                                         /->battle (folder with 82 pngs)
so... it should be like this: The_Reunion -> BASE -> New_Translation -> texture ->
                                                                                                                         /->magic (folder with 8 subfolders and 1299 pngs)
                                                                                                                              (e.g: blue, limit, summon) (e.g: a1_00, a2_00)

Hope it helped. Do note, that magic textures provide some microstutters during casts, at least that's what it did for me, so you'll have 1-2 seconds freeze whenever you cast a heavy spell, especially summons.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-30 13:55:37 by Agravaile »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
wait for r06d and the fixes there.  i don't have time to start looking at other projects

Stuttering can be alleviated by using compress texture option.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-31 03:48:24 by DLPB »

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
Not sure, was it posted or not - too many pages.
When using 60fps battles mode 2 - camera movement is delayed or too slow (?).
For example when Cloud (or Tifa) is performing his (her) first limit, camera is showing him, like he is charging, then he runs to a enemy, but camera is still showing Cloud's old (already empty) position. Then camera is slowly focusing on the enemy, but the Limit's performans is almost over. So almost entire Limit's animation was off screen.
With 15fps all is ok.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Please don't post bug reports without checking Reunion Database and reading the first post.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-31 03:46:41 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile
enabling "compress_textures" in options.ini sadly didn't fix the stuttering, at least for me. In some ways it made it even worse adding huge load times now with more obvious stutters :C

Edit: 60fps battles ARE enabled.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-31 16:40:32 by Agravaile »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It will fix it but it needs time to create the textures.  Each time you see the stutter should be the last for that particular area,.  It definitely fixes it for me but other than that there's no cure.

Agravaile

• View Profile
Oh, you're actually right. Looking at it better now, it does stutter like A LOT for the first time, but then, it kinda normalises and works fine, yeah. But still, those first minutes of stuttering are really noticeable, so too bad there's no fix for the time being. Hopefully we'll see this figured out in the future Reunion releases.

Also, perhaps lowering the texture size might make a bit less noticeable, has anyone tested it with lower texture sizes? Although, i believe this question should be toward Kela, not you.

Anyways, i appreciate your help on the matter :D

skyhawk

• View Profile
Agravaile,

I've played with two different high-res texture packs, and I haven't noticed any stuttering.
Are you playing on a particularly anemic CPU or off a mechanical HDD?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
skyhawk.  It happens for me and I have a high end computer and SSD drive.  You'd need a very modern high end to stand any hope - so this isn't end user error.

usb

• View Profile
By the way DLPB, SegaChief created a field code (for my translation port) to change cloud model when crossdressing: it checks what wig are you using and load a specific model. Are you interested in adding it in a future reunion version? you can ask him or i can give you the code in Pm to see the modification
« Last Edit: 2020-03-31 19:09:50 by usb »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Quite possibly...  but that is low priority given all the other issues ;)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
not really a bug but i just realized for the speed up mode 8x is really just 4x, there is no increase of speed when switching from 4x to 8x

sorry if you already know about this (didnt see it posted), 4x is plenty fast enough imo anyway and i wonder if 8x would cause a crash very quickly

edit: does reunion fix the w-item glitch? does reunion fix the 2 mystere (mystile) armors in northern cave glitch?  i think i know the answer to the former but definitely unsure and would like to know the latter (this is my first ever play-through on any pc version, i aint playin' with friggin open mouth models)
« Last Edit: 2020-04-01 04:33:01 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Reunion Database - and help files ;)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Reunion Database - and help files ;)

no mention of anything i mentioned in the database, and although i see a mention of a 'Reunion-help.rtf' in one spot and a 'The Reunion - Help.rtf' in another on the first post, its not linked nor do i see such files on my pc

i have no doubt its there somewhere, but sorry for not seeing the needle in the haystack... i'd actually like to see it if i could find it

and i could probably beat FF7 in a speed run faster than i could read that entire database, lol
« Last Edit: 2020-04-01 05:29:07 by Orichalcon »