Author Topic: Requests / Suggestions  (Read 3436 times)

ShinRa Inc

• The Ascension of the Ordinary Man
    • View Profile
    • http://shinrainc.org
Requests / Suggestions
« on: 2002-05-02 22:34:23 »
Alright, I figured I'd condense all the ramblings I've done about all the spiffy programs that are out into one post.  As always...not intended as complaints or anything derogatory.  :wink: Most of these are just really minor things dealing with the interface that are more irritating to me than anything really important.  I'm also not quite sure what would be involved in making any of these things possible, so if I'm asking for something outrageously complex, feel free to call me an idiot and curse my anscestors or whatnot.  -.-

General:
  1) For the XYZ sliders used in most of the programs, is it possible to have default position in the middle, instead of the far left?  Also, what about an easier way to do some of the more common translations (45, 90, etc), or at least markers of some kind?
  2) A stand-alone .p Previewer.  I know there are a few of them around, but most of them have fixed size / background colors.  I tried using Mirex's Conv tools, and Alhexx's .p Previewer, but the Black background in Alhexx's made it impossible to see the model, and Mirex's was fixed-size, and had a background almost as dark.  The one included in LGP tools would be ideal, but without having to append/link files to an LGP

Ifalna:
  1) Fixed ratio viewing
  2) The ability to read files not in an LGP?  Either reading from a folder(s) or something of the like.  the Main reason is that I've been doing a lot of HRC editing, but in order to view them, I have to append and re-link each time I tweak something, which in addition to being a fairly involved process that bloats the size of the LGP I use....also isn't always reliable.
  2a) Instead of having to append the files to the LGP, or decompressing all the files into a folder like above, a way to use an LGP as a "resource", but also allowing you to select files from outside the LGP to superceede what's in the LGP?  Not sure if that makes sense..  
  3) A way to create a new animation, instead of overwriting existing ones
  4) A way to duplicate a given frame in an animation edit to the rest of the frames
There are quite a bit of things that would make working with the animations easier, but I'm not sure how well those are understood.

LGPtools:
  1) Uh, Trying to create a new LGP files doesn't seem to work...
  2) Trying to use the "replace" button instead of doing the advanced editing (append/relinking) most often leads to a corrupted LGP
  3) If you try to use the "Extract all files" from an HRC file, it only extracts the first .p files on each bone.  Example;  You try and extract the .p files for the one of the Cloud models with his Sword.  Since the sword is a second .p linked to the hand bone, it won't extract the sword, just the hand.  This gets even more pronounced when trying something like the Chocobo cart or Helicopters, which have 8+ .p files on the root bone.
  4) Recognizing that __am-cz files in Battle.lgp are .p files.  Being able to view the other files, like you can in the other LGPs would be nice too.  :wink:

Ultima:
  1) *please* make the program usable in 800*600 resolution...
  2) Related to the above, perhaps splitting the interface into several dockable toolbars, like Ficedula's programs?
  3) A way to manipulate more than one Vertex/Poly at a time.
  3a) Something similar to the Color Patch, but instead capable of doing simpler translations (ie; move the entire model / section +1x, -2y, .004z)
  3b) Something more complex; The ability to rotate the model's positioning in relation to the root.  Accomplishing that for *any* angle is probably too much to ask, but the ability for 90° increments shouldn't be too difficult; it's mostly swapping one axes' value for another one, and/or reversing the positive/negative signs
  3c) Scaling.  Again, maybe not the easiest thing to accomplish, but I'd think rescaling by decimal-sliding (ie, factor of 10, 100, 1000, .1, .01, etc) wouldn't be too hard.
  4) I'm not sure of how to remedy this easily, but if you edit a model, and then try and view the wireframe...Crash.  Has to do with the Edges not being changed along with the Vertex/Polygon pools I think.
  5) When you create/edit a Polygon, you can only use vertices numbered less than the amount of total Polygons...The Error-checker is reading the wrong set of numbers, I'd think.  
  6) Deleting Vertecies leads to a crash most of the time
  7) ...Create New .p file?
  8) Saving new Preferences
  9) Creating new Preferences from current view?
  10) Duplicate Vertex/Polygon.  Useful for models lacking a side, or if you're ceating one from scratch.  Duplicate the side, negate one value so it flips.
  11) A whole slew of keys don't work when you're editing/creating vertices. Like, Important ones.  -, backspace, CTRL+C, CTRL+V

I think that's enough for today... ::innocent whistle::