Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496993 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #550 on: 2016-10-12 02:40:05 »
The Rufus model looks odd.  The head - body ratio is wrong.  And the body is probably too big.  Not sure, but  I'm sure you'll check it against the other models.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2016-10-15 18:29:34 »
https://discdoesretro.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/final-fantasy-vii-real-cloud.png

Funny I'd never noticed before that the young Cloud is a different model and they did intend it to look younger.  You can see his eye brows are fairer when he is young too. Unless he looks like that in PSX version and not PC.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-15 18:31:10 by DLPB »

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2016-10-17 21:19:27 »
@DLPB

Is the reunion model replacer up to date with your spreadsheet? I'm working on odd models here and there and want to use it as a base. I don't want to redo something that's been done. It'll also give me more peices to work with. So far I have 3 that are not complete.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2016-10-17 22:05:08 »
Mostly.  I am not using Kal's latest Biggs Wedge Jessie because either colour or something else is worse. See what I wrote above.  And the latest Sep actually manages somehow to corrupt the game.  I don't use his latest Cloud because I think that was also a regression.

I can send you what I use. If you are also making models, there are some that urgently need attention. Not least Rufus.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2016-10-17 22:32:06 »
I'd appreciate it if you'd send me what you use so I know I'm using the right resources. Just using Reunion and the corresponding spreadsheet since you've used no new updates. There are quite a few models left to be converted. It's a shame Kal's project has slowed, he's done 90% of the hard models. I'll chip away at some of the easier ones in the mean time. :P

I'm not a modeler by any means, I'm just dying for the complete set and know Kimera. I started on some more generic NPCs first and was thinking of trying Don Corneo next did Don Cornero. Since you probably know best, other than Rufus (who looks like he just needs to be scaled better), who else needs attention? I could do Jesse at the map, if there is nothing special about that model (other than it's just the torso)..?

Also, regarding that Sephiroth transparency issue... Did you mention that you could use a whole different model for just that scene? I could try turning the transparency on for the Sephiroth model and save it as a different .hrc if that would work.

EDIT:
Update:

-Fixed Cornero's massive arms
-Improved chesthair
-Head/hair mesh details
-New facial texture
-Fur extended like the concept art

To Come:
-Neck Chain (When I find one)
-Finish Legs/Belt
-Maybe tattoo? (I doubt I'll spend that much time)
« Last Edit: 2016-10-18 08:50:01 by Cities.Burn.Quick »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2016-10-18 08:26:37 »
Well I made a fresh installment of Windows 10 and I need to check first how to get the tools to run again on my system.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2016-10-18 08:49:31 »
@Cities.Burn.Quick  Yes.  Basically if we are forced to, we can simply duplicate the models needed to be transparent and use those for the needed scenes.  These are:

Temple of Ancients: Sephiroth (BBAB.  Use ID BBAC for transparent version.)

I don't need the others for this scene since I've removed the other transparent models.

Experts' Hall (remember to use new Ids for these new models):

Man (CUFC)
Man (CVBA)
Man (CSED)

I will mail you the latest Reunion set up.

Start with Sep and we'll see how it goes. 

« Last Edit: 2016-11-05 04:23:28 by DLPB »

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2016-10-18 08:51:19 »
Wow, tons of activity right when I'm editing my post. Check out my Don Cornero guys.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2016-10-18 09:26:58 »
Cornero :P  Is that in a different localization?  It's Corneo in English / Japanese. Not sure if the new Corneo is nearer how it was intended. Is there any concept art to show that face?  Otherwise, it's wiser to leave it as the original PSX face suggests.

Looks like yours is closer in some ways - but the eyes are off (he is a sleazy thug - not an evil mastermind).

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/b/b5/Don_Corneo.png/revision/latest?cb=20111205174253

Always look at the concept art and the original model :)
« Last Edit: 2016-10-18 09:33:09 by DLPB »

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2016-10-18 17:21:28 »
Nah you're right, it's Corneo. It was late. :P

I think the eyes are way closer to the concept art than the original eyes (same shape/expression). Same with the eyebrows, I wanted to do the same expression as the art but the texture is mirrored on both sides and I don't want to remap it. I'm not an artist so I'm pretty happy with how they turned out for a quick Photoshop job. In my opinion I think it looks much better and closer to Kal's art style, while staying true to the original. If you don't want to use it, that's okay... Ultimately, I'm doing this for me and I'm certainly going to use it! I want to play through with consistent models, and this fits the bill. :)

Edit:
Found a chain for Corneo. He's looking like a boss tho, in head to toe Costco.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-18 18:46:22 by Cities.Burn.Quick »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2016-10-19 22:40:28 »
That's fair enough. I certainly can't use something that deviates too much from intended style or look, but you're of course free to do as you want.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2016-10-24 03:07:18 »
Exciting update! I've gotten in touch with Kal and from my understanding, he is quite open to the idea of me contributing models to the ChaOS Project. Currently, I have 10 models either done, being worked on, or just tweaked a bit. 6 of them are ready to unveil! Some of them are still are a WIP (or broke like my Chocosage and Temple Guard, grrrr). Currently these models and not completed by Kal nor are not part of the Reunion mod. It feels good to finally give back to Qhimm. (:

AWCB, AJIF, AKEE:

DVHF, BBGE, BCGD:

She needs paler skin, but works for the time being. I might add some buttons to the sailor's jacket, and get better shoes for Corneo. I originally used HD textures for the eyes but went back to the game's textures for consistancy's sake.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #562 on: 2016-10-24 19:44:30 »
Nice models, looking forward to any update to ChaOS, especially involving those. But I've got to say, I would still like to see the HD eye textures, even if just as an optional thing. Also, the swimsuit model's shoulders look like they're hanging to her torso by a thread, and the man in the suit's shoulders look a little too low.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2016-10-24 20:08:35 »
Thanks! I'm actually in the same boat, that's why I started working on some models for it! The HD eye textures look great admittedly... The issue is that there aren't enough for all the NPC's. They were originally made for Cloud, and it makes all the actual game textures look like crap by comparison (look at my first draft of Corneo to my second). Unfortunately, if I did use them it would give the project that inconsistent look of for example the PRP project. But don't fret, I may have something up my sleeve... but as it sits currently my first major goal is to complete the missing models and get this project rolling again. I want to be able to do a full play through with unshaded models. Textures wouldn't be bad to replace once all the models are done.

As far as the models go, the guy in the suits animations work perfect. He was ported over to another .hrc from one of Kal's models. He is practically unchanged from original version, just painted and converted. The girl in the bathing suit needs the bones in her biceps shortened (good eye) but I'm not sure if Kal wants the .p peices longer (and thus distorting the model), or shortening the bones and potentially screw up the animations. I need to touch base with Kal but he's a busy guy.
« Last Edit: 2016-10-24 23:40:32 by Cities.Burn.Quick »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 2016-10-25 04:05:09 »
The models turnout differently with their proper animation. The pics show only the default animation Kimera uses when no animation is loaded.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2016-10-25 10:21:36 »
So here is an update from my side on: I created a cloud based workplace with google drive for project. The method behind it is following: The creators have their own workplace it contains:
  • current projects - for the projects/models we are working on
  • finished projects - if we think a project is finished it does move to this folder
  • checkup - this folder is for testers. They check out the models from the finished folder and write or document (with pictures as example) their thoughts or ideas to improve the model.
  • Revisit_projects - If the tester and creator say the model is fine then the project is moved to that folder, until a last visit of all models. From my experience it often happens that your grade of mastering a technique grows over the time you work on a project. So this is more or less the last chance to give the model the "Final Touch"
  • final_projects - Nothing more to do here.

I also updated my list to monitoring which models are done and which aren't.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zxH0wZqg92_gjNvWfLalBpimPuv4BjrHRcSwf7vTAQg/edit#gid=0

This should help to make the project more transparent and gives new people, who wants to work on or help with the project, a better idea what is currently to do.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2016-10-25 20:18:09 »
Awesome Kal! I love the idea of the testing folder. That way we can beta test and keep users happy with new models all at once! The "revisited" folder was something I was going to mention; once all the models are "done" I'm considering going back through them and making them all "palleted" (all similar skin colors are the same, all reds, blues, yellows, ect.) Not sure how you feel about that.

Can you give me access to the drive so I can drop some files? I have the ones I previewed earlier and some more to boot (8 models total). I can PM you my email. Also, I don't know if I can edit your online spreadsheet. I tried earlier to no avail.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2016-10-27 14:08:03 »
I need your email address to add you to the google drive or even better your google drive account name. It's mandatory that you install google drive on your system, so our work is always up to date.

If you document the colors you do use as good as you can, I don't see a reason to recolor the models based on one pallet. But maybe it turns out to be a good thing. We will discuss that, when we are in the lucky position with everything done.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2016-10-27 15:34:50 »
Is your collection still based on the sorting I recently did, Kal?  I organized it much better so that there were no duplicate files.  Also added some custom stuff that was needed.

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2016-10-27 23:15:54 »
I need your email address to add you to the google drive or even better your google drive account name. It's mandatory that you install google drive on your system, so our work is always up to date.
I'll send you a PM a little later. My Google account is a little weird (transfered my old Live account), so I'll make one specifically for this.

If you document the colors you do use as good as you can, I don't see a reason to recolor the models based on one pallet. But maybe it turns out to be a good thing. We will discuss that, when we are in the lucky position with everything done.
I've been trying to use the same colors you are (for example basing my sailor off your Barret sailor model). I have some consistency issues with mine (mostly skin color). I want to use colors from the more detailed/main models so it'll only be simpler models to repaint... if we go that route.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2016-10-28 12:59:43 »
Is your collection still based on the sorting I recently did, Kal?  I organized it much better so that there were no duplicate files.  Also added some custom stuff that was needed.

It is.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2016-11-04 01:30:26 »
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KBBbeilQTCAJJIOqOoLMnkKb-nEpqEoV5Ih4uW-Yoo8

I am not sure how up-to-date Kal's model list is, but I took the liberty of making the one here too. And I listed the models that need priority.  Especially Rufus model.  See the Model tab.

I know there are only a few people working on this - but I can't impress enough the urgency in sorting the ones I have listed as priority :P.  I'll check what Nunsrgr8 has done.

AJIF
AKEE
ALAD
ASJC
BCGD
BLJC(BLJD?)
GLGD
CMDE
DIFF
DJID
DZBB
EBEC
EHHC (Apparently too dark?)
ENAB (Apparently too short for being 13 years old)
FVED [This is done by looks of it]
FZCC
GABE
GBIA
GOFD

Chocobo.lgp:

EA (broken on steam)
DH
LP
MI
NC

They are either broken or look terrible for various reasons (including looking out of place due to being shaded). The chocobo carriage for example seems to have wheels attached to the under side.  Rootmap is still using old Jessie model. Rufus looks really poor. Cloud model doesn't work on Steam version at the Chocobo Races.  See the database above.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-05 03:38:44 by DLPB »

Nunsrgr8

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2016-11-05 04:23:10 »
I don't know why my pictures are down. Maybe a moderator took them down? Dunno why.

I have quite a few of the models in your list for the most part finished. I would hazard a guess and even say EHHC is done as is. It's still slightly better than the vanilla field model, I tweaked mine by removing the eyes (you'd never see them and they were kinda creepy). It is dark (solid 255,255,255) but because of the animation it has weird .p files. The dark solid colors sort of "hides" the crappy animation. I imagine its the same reason why the unshaded models look so much better in game. Also the Chocobo Sage and Temple Guardian (forget the .hrc names) are complete as well. Same concept as EHHC, a simple paintjob and the eyes have been updated to ACTUAL round eyes not those janky eyes found in vanilla. They look like a classic black mage now. I've tried to contact Kal and he hasn't responded in like 2 weeks bout the drive specifics... so I haven't uploaded them. I could put them in a drop box, I guess. I was hoping that if I started working on some models maybe other people would be interested as well. So I've been porting my Legacy Skyrim mods to the new Special Edition in the mean time (Bethesda Creation Kit for their 64bit engine was released last week).

As for Rufus, maybe I have a different version of him. After you mentioned his model before, I checked his .hrc out and IMO he looks great. He might've even have a custom head mesh (Cloud face and textures with Rufus battle hair). With all the gradients and extra work put into him I'd feel wrong to edit it...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2016-11-05 04:27:29 »
Post me a pic of the Rufus you are seeing and I'll see if it's the same :)

The files I have are more or less same as Kal's apart from Cloud (since I think his latest update was worse and I like the Cloud model as it is. Looks perfect imho)

Edit.

Grimmy has fixed the transparency issue in the Experts' Hall. I'm going to ask him what the issue there was, so any further models there can be corrected.  He's also removed the Sep hair so I can add it in to an edited field for The Temple of the Ancients.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-07 21:05:30 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2016-11-19 03:35:23 »
Grimmy has fixed up transparency for

Man (CUFC)
Man (CVBA)
Man (CSED)

at the Experts' Hall in Junon.

Additionally, Grimmy has removed the hair of Sephiroth (all of it on back of his head) so that the model looks good at the Temple of the Ancients (Uses BBAC.hrc).  I have also changed Kuro_8 to remove other characters (they were broken and cluttered the image) and work with BBAC. Kuro_3 has also been changed to use BBAC. I also corrected Sephiroth, as he was holding a book with Jenova's helmet (which I have also resized). Please download HERE

This brings to an end years of having to put up with this transparency problem at the temple.
« Last Edit: 2016-11-19 03:38:06 by DLPB »