Author Topic: Dynasty Warriors Style :-)  (Read 38120 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Dynasty Warriors Style :-)
« Reply #25 on: 2009-08-10 22:05:53 »
We can mod most any part of FF7 at this point.  What's to stop SquareEnix from deciding all of our mods look so good that it could infringe on money they could receive if they did a remake?   That is why precautions need to be taken.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-08-10 22:06:55 »
...The moon's TOTALLY made of cheese! Moreover, that's where you fight the cheese weapon and get the Cheese Armlet and the Cheese sword which always does "CHEESE" damage and the Cheese Armlet makes you always have lucky CHEESE's. And somehow Aerith gets revived!

Haha, I like entertaining myself

[/offtopic]

Halkun, what project were you on that received a C&D? I know it wasn't Q-Gears...

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #27 on: 2009-08-10 22:11:03 »
Replacing Seph with old Buckethead wouldn't lower the brands value one bit, the FFVII brand is still Squeenix's big money earner, not gonna change any time soon from someone modding the game for fun.

Really tell that the guy who helped break the model format for Chrono Cross and helped make the patch that changed Guile to Magus (Restoring the original story laid out by Radical Dreamers).

I'm interested to see what he thinks... He's right here. His name is halkun and he's a pretty swell guy!

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-08-10 22:52:53 »
And do you not believe that it's bull sh*t that they stopped you?

i'm not saying "don't listen to them and do it anyway"

what i'm asking is if you believe that it is ethical, fair, or even a good idea, to shut down everything other people try to do to make the game more fun/interesting/funny/insert quality here that makes people want to play the game more?

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #29 on: 2009-08-10 23:23:53 »
It's Square's game, they have every right to take their ball home.

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-08-10 23:55:20 »
It's Square's game, they have every right to take their ball home.

Unfortunately for Square it isn't just one ball... to be quite honest we are the ones holding their balls and they'll have to get them back in order to take them home...

Quite simply modders are like roaches, when the light of law shines on them they scatter and find a new shady place to go about their business... And they're really hard to kill.

The sad truth is that games simply aren't good enough, which is what generally spurs modders into action.

Simply put, Square is waging a pointed, but impossible war. Neither side will ever win... The modders will never make enough impact to beat the corporations and Square will never cause enough attrition to stop the modders.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-08-11 01:42:56 »
Halkun, I am familliar with the rules, you seem to be posting them just about everywhere,  :| but if you had read my first post you would have known I was talking about the Vincent Model and not the DW model, plus I haven't edited or ripped this model anyone can download it from the Jedi Knight website, just like you can download APZ's cloud, same thing... :roll:

Also please take note of when this topic was made, (before the new rules!) Also note that I didn't make this topic...

Phew... lol
« Last Edit: 2009-08-11 02:15:23 by MXster »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-08-11 08:25:03 »
@Mxster

Ano...Sempai.... Do you have a ready made file to be used ingame? I really want to play that kind of Vincent model To Complete The Experience...Please???

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-08-11 20:49:58 »
@Harruzame

I'm working on putting him in game, when I have I'll let you know

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-08-11 20:58:42 »
to be quite honest we are the ones holding their balls and they'll have to get them back in order to take them home...

Heheheh....sorry naughty thoughts :-P

Sonic, or tuning Chocobos into motorcycles, or throwing in Darth Vader for Sephy damages SquareEnix's goodwill.

This is why i stopped doing that patch. I stopped it for pretty much this, and that there was no interest.

Halkun, would you mind locking my old sonic topic for me please?
« Last Edit: 2009-08-12 12:37:05 by ultima espio »

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #35 on: 2009-08-11 23:56:58 »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-08-12 08:47:51 »
Hontoni?! Arigato Gozaimas-u!

Please do so PM me if its finished...It will really be awesome to improve Vincent here....as evryone focuses on Fluffy animals and freakish ookamis..

Good Luck!! Ganbare!!

SwornEnemy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-08-22 20:33:45 »
not being funny halkun.. but ur a tit....
u should READ before posting pointless comments........

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-08-22 20:36:40 »
why'd he say locked if it isnt locked?

and yes locking it seems unfair

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-08-22 20:39:02 »
I think he was saying that ultima espio's sonic thread is locked (at ultima espio's request).

Also, inb4 ,Raziel's vowels go missing :-P

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-08-23 01:02:27 »
This gig about the MODS is not something to be taken lightly...I've read earlier about Halkun's involvement with one Game MOD that was shut down. I mean theres no really harm in making the mods as long as it makes the game ( Characters and all ) to be amped a notch. But to make replacements to change the overall look and feel of it is what Squeenix's alarm go off....

And if we're talking about roaches....then let us be Roaches..We can talk like *MOD Roaches* if you will...Let say:

"Hey do you have a ...VinsMOAD..I can use in the VII..I wish to make it Battle and run in the Fields.... Do PM me dawg! Ayt??"

Or something like that...Peace! :-D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009-08-23 02:17:32 »
Since I don't think it matters anymore how offtopic this has gotten I must say...
This gig about the MODS is not something to be taken lightly...I've read earlier about Halkun's involvement with one Game MOD that was shut down. I mean theres no really harm in making the mods as long as it makes the game ( Characters and all ) to be amped a notch. But to make replacements to change the overall look and feel of it is what Squeenix's alarm go off....

And if we're talking about roaches....then let us be Roaches..We can talk like *MOD Roaches* if you will...Let say:

"Hey do you have a ...VinsMOAD..I can use in the VII..I wish to make it Battle and run in the Fields.... Do PM me dawg! Ayt??"

Or something like that...Peace! :-D
What?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-08-23 02:20:42 »
I think he is talking about hidden through obscurity (ie. if nobody from square can understand what we are talking about they will leave us alone)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-08-23 02:23:17 »
I think he is talking about hidden through obscurity (ie. if nobody from square can understand what we are talking about they will leave us alone)
Oh, well in that case I think it is best we don't insult SE's intelligence.  What was the deal with roaches and mod roaches?  I'm still not following that one

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-08-23 02:24:14 »
Ya im clueless on that one as well

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-08-23 02:38:53 »
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark that roach speak, is like calling a joint a roach, so as not to be obvious... I'm basing my guess on an episode of Saved By The Bell.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-08-25 09:20:14 »
Ya see what I mean?...you couldn't even figure what I was talking about yet someone acknowledges that it will be somewhat useful in a sense as a code for exchanging info...regarding MODS so as not to be whacked by SE ( there!....ya already using a code man!! hehehe..)...   

If ya guys wanted you could PM me to make this happen...

...if not then its no prob..at least we could be Sharing special-case-MODDING info ...easily..

hehehe..Just a thought if ya would....PEace!!

Matt2Tees

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009-09-07 20:24:39 »
Ok, sorry its taken a while, but I sort of gave up and then recently tryed again and have finally put Vincent in game  :wink:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009-09-07 20:29:59 »
Ya see what I mean?...you couldn't even figure what I was talking about yet someone acknowledges that it will be somewhat useful in a sense as a code for exchanging info...regarding MODS so as not to be whacked by SE ( there!....ya already using a code man!! hehehe..)...  

If ya guys wanted you could PM me to make this happen...

...if not then its no prob..at least we could be Sharing special-case-MODDING info ...easily..

hehehe..Just a thought if ya would....PEace!!

Y Hrz wz wndrn hw t gt dt vnc m'l tt jd kn's nt m pl-pl, rst! Dm bldclts ls b kpn' m slf frm dt rs tt d kh dn'ch kn? :ll:
« Last Edit: 2009-09-08 07:09:27 by halkun »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009-09-08 05:48:22 »
@tit3guy

Thats being Jamaican man, doncha kno?

:lol:

Glad you could peek in my mind..Ya dig?