Author Topic: Sephiroth Masamune Mod???  (Read 12972 times)

destroythevoice

• View Profile
Sephiroth Masamune Mod???
« on: 2014-11-22 22:26:00 »
Hey guys.. So I'm new to this site and maybe it's been done already.. But if it has.. I'm having an extremely difficult time finding it.  Right now I'm currently running Final Fantasy VII Ultima Edition on the PC..  Just about ready to purchase the re-released copy on steam probably.  My main question is though...  Is there ANY way to get an ACTUAL Masamune mod where you are literally using the actual Masamune blade with the same stats that it had in the flashback with the same sound wav that's played everytime it strikes.. etc.  From the beginning of the game?  I have the Scorpicus Sephiroth patch on right now and it works beautifully so far of course minus the Limit breaks and a few animations..  But I can't ever find a real Masamune mod that I can use.  Has anyone found this or made this yet?

Jeet

• View Profile
Re: Sephiroth Masamune Mod???
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-24 17:23:20 »
I think there is no special info about this because its an easy task, you will need the tool called " wallmarket"

-open your KERNEL file(in FF7 directory) with wallmarket
-go in weapon section, if i remember well in the very bottom of the weapon section, there is the masamune
-u will see that only sephiroth can equip it, but u can set any other character for this weapon ,check the box  "cloud"
-now go in initial data(still in wallmarket),u can choose any weapon that u will have from the beginning, just choose the masamune instead of buster sword for cloud
-patch ur kernel

Now when u ll start a new game cloud will have masamune equipped, this wont works if you load an old save game(before you patched it), you must start a new game

NOTE: this will works ONLY if you have a sephiroth patch,it wont works so easily if you have cloud's model ( in that case you need to edit the character himself)
« Last Edit: 2014-11-24 17:25:28 by Jeet »

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-25 14:14:12 »
How do I get wallmarket?  I'll give it a shot.. I've never actually tried or done modding before.

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-11-25 14:24:17 »
I keep getting wallmarket has stopped working when I try to open the .exe

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-11-25 14:28:06 »
ANNNND I don't see a kernel file in the directory...  I'm sorry for being a massive noob right now.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-11-25 15:18:36 »
You pirated the game. You will have better luck with mods with a legally purchased copy. When you can show proof that you legitimately own the game, I will remove your pirate avatar. ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2014-11-25 15:23:07 by Covarr »

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-11-25 15:25:05 »
I made a mistake... I found everything needed.. Turned out my wallmarket didn't have the required files installed.. and I do legally own the game for PSX. 

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-11-25 15:29:19 »
You pirated the game. You will have better luck with mods with a legally purchased copy. When you can show proof that you legitimately own the game, I will remove your pirate avatar. ~Covarr

Need a picture of me holding my game case?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-11-25 15:37:43 »
Need a picture of me holding my game case?

I'm guessing he also wants the discs to be shown.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-11-25 17:58:18 »
A picture of the PC version discs, or a link to your Steam profile if you end up buying it on steam.

If for whatever reason you do own the game and are using the Ultima Edition anyway... please just use your discs instead. Ultima Edition is a pile of garbage that doesn't work right with most mods.

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-11-29 10:01:42 »
A picture of the PC version discs, or a link to your Steam profile if you end up buying it on steam.

If for whatever reason you do own the game and are using the Ultima Edition anyway... please just use your discs instead. Ultima Edition is a pile of garbage that doesn't work right with most mods.

I own the game via consoles but usually used emulators for it..  Used ultima to mod it..  Gonna purchase the PC version now.  But is it better with Steam or actual discs?  In case i have to reverse any modding ive done whats the easiest alternative to make the game go back to its original state?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014-11-29 12:17:02 »
Both are the same, really. With the Steam version, you just have to re-download, with the discs you have to re-install. You can also keep a backup copy somewhere. The Steam version would be easier to get than discs (and probably cheaper).

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-11-29 17:03:48 »
But is it better with Steam or actual discs?
I would recommend Steam. It's cheaper, and essentially becomes identical to the old version when you use the converter (which is included in Bootleg).

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2014-11-29 18:36:25 »
I would recommend Steam. It's cheaper, and essentially becomes identical to the old version when you use the converter (which is included in Bootleg).

That would be incorrect. The converter for the 2012 Square Enix Store version is included, but not the converter for the 2013 Steam version. You need to use Kompass63's Game Converter for that (or some tricky manipulation). Tifa's Bootleg tutorial has it as its first step.

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2014-11-30 12:23:46 »
So i'll just get the steam version?  Lol.  Ill pick it up tonight after work...  But this whole converting thing?  Thats needed for modding?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2014-11-30 13:43:16 »
Yes.

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014-11-30 16:58:30 »
So whats the step process to enable modding?  Im sorry im just horribly new at attempting to do any kind of modding

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2014-11-30 17:28:18 »
This tutorial here can guide you through it.

destroythevoice

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014-12-04 15:12:05 »
This tutorial here can guide you through it.

Hey I'm installing it now but it says on the video guide to relocate my steam.. And the link isn't there to show how.. Unless I'm blind.. Might be.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014-12-04 15:13:13 »
"Relocate" means to install to another location.

To relocate, copy Steam.exe and the SteamApps folder anywhere else. Copy it in C:/Games for example. Then launch Steam.exe.

Leander HolyJC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014-12-20 18:07:11 »
I have a Sephiroth FF7 PC mod. And I wonder how do I get it only in the battles? Which files need to be edited and which use programs?

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014-12-30 21:03:08 »
For that you'll mostly need Kimera.