Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 532700 times)

RedManMark86

• View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #275 on: 2015-01-30 12:26:57 »
It is definitely at the end of dance that it crashes with the music and sounds mod.

Funny thing is, if i deactivate music and sounds I then have no in game music so when i choose "wark" it skips the dance, makes a squirrel and gives me the choco/mog

I did save a crash dump if you want it?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #276 on: 2015-01-30 12:33:02 »
Don't just deactivate the Music and Sounds category. There is an option for No Change in it. Choose that and see if it plays through. Then test it with each music option and let us know which crash and which, if any, don't crash. If we can narrow it down to just specific music options, then we can figure out which file to try and fix.

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2015-01-30 14:24:54 »
OK i found a save close enough and tested them all and they all cause it to crash apart from no change as no audio plays with that option anyway so it skips the dance and just gives the choco/mog materia
« Last Edit: 2015-01-30 14:40:19 by RedManMark86 »

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2015-02-01 19:14:38 »
ok now I am even more lost, if i sleep at an Inn after the sleeping sound plays it crashes to the desktop. If i choose no change so I have no sound it will just flash the screen and im all rested as it doesn't wait to see if the sound has finished playing.

But it basically means I can't use an Inn if I'm using the music and effects mod?

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2015-02-01 19:30:54 »
ok I done good old fashion trial by elimination and the only thing I could work out could be the cause was the 7th Heaven updates by IROS himself as that is the only thing I had changed.

It started happening with 1.43 i believe so i reverted back to my 1.40 download and guess what, no crash when getting the choco/mog materia with any of the music mods now and no crash when using an Inn (which would of lead to crashes at story moments as well)

sonickenshin

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2015-02-05 22:58:15 »
Question. Are mods that you download through 7th Heaven are the only ones compatible with it? I turned the mods I downloaded that was required from Bootleg a long time ago, into iro files (like Facepalmer), but it doesn't seem to be changing anything in game. Much of the field stuff still looks blurry at some spots. It's not showing any errors, so I don't get it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2015-02-06 00:06:08 »
Omzy's Facepalmer is in the Catalog. You can convert any mod for 7H. How did you setup your folders and mod.xml before using the pack tool?

sonickenshin

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2015-02-06 19:47:01 »
Here's what they looked like. Though I can't seem to find the mod.xml file anywhere

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-9m9fPvl1KjTmZwWVhKcVJGZXM/view - FFVII folder
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-9m9fPvl1Kjbm5Oc0pHZ01PeGM/view - Mods folder

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2015-02-06 21:43:39 »
With 7th heaven 1.45 the game refuses to start (screen turns black for a fracture of a second, then goes back to desktop), it worked fine before the update... :(

edit: nvm. Reinstalling the game fixed it for some reason.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-06 21:57:57 by Fischkopf »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2015-02-06 22:20:14 »
Here's what they looked like. Though I can't seem to find the mod.xml file anywhere

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-9m9fPvl1KjTmZwWVhKcVJGZXM/view - FFVII folder
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-9m9fPvl1Kjbm5Oc0pHZ01PeGM/view - Mods folder

That's not what I meant. Use the Pack/Unpack tool to pick apart one of the mods from the Catalog and see what you come up with. If you get stuck, then share what you're doing.

sonickenshin

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2015-02-07 04:17:15 »
Oh, sorry. Well, I tried to run the different "run" animation, but it doesn't seem to change anything. Cloud's just running like he'd normally would.

NeoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2015-02-08 05:27:25 »
Hi all!
I seem to have a small problem with 7th heaven mod. For some reason that is unclear to me , the monsters are a bit messed up. The first boss in the mako reactor can be battle thru random encounter but I can't battle him after putting the bomb up ( It spawns a battle vs 2 soldiers named mpA and mpB instead ).
I've followed this guide, tried reinstalling and removing registry keys at the same time ,  and also move the install to another folder. I'm a bit lost. Can anyone help? Thanks!

moundar

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2015-02-08 05:42:00 »
Hi all!
I seem to have a small problem with 7th heaven mod. For some reason that is unclear to me , the monsters are a bit messed up. The first boss in the mako reactor can be battle thru random encounter but I can't battle him after putting the bomb up ( It spawns a battle vs 2 soldiers named mpA and mpB instead ).
I've followed this guide, tried reinstalling and removing registry keys at the same time ,  and also move the install to another folder. I'm a bit lost. Can anyone help? Thanks!

I had a similar Problem (fought versus 2 normal monsters instead of Sample: H0512).
Are us using another language than the english version of FF7 and also use Menu Overhaul?

I used the german version and had this problem in combination with Menu OVerhaul from 7th Heaven.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2015-02-08 05:56:46 »
That problem with non-English versions and MO should be fixed in the next update.

NeoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2015-02-08 13:59:46 »
I had a similar Problem (fought versus 2 normal monsters instead of Sample: H0512).
Are us using another language than the english version of FF7 and also use Menu Overhaul?

I used the german version and had this problem in combination with Menu Overhaul from 7th Heaven.

No , I'm using the english version of the game but I am indeed using the Menu overhaul.

Edit : I've tried de-activating Menu Overhaul and it didn't work. I've also tried to deactivate Battle Models - Enemies with no success.

Edit2 : I've remove evrything and redownloaded. For some reason 7thHeaven still have all the mods activated and installed even if I have no files from the last install.

Edit3: Removed the user/appdata/7thworkshop folder, now 7thheaven displays that i dont have any mods properly. Beginning to redownload.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-08 17:17:30 by NeoDragon »

sonickenshin

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2015-02-08 16:27:55 »
Alright, I tried to reconvert the game and now I have ff7.exe like the instructions said I should have. I probably didn't reconvert it all the way. So, that's probably what was keeping it from working. But, now it's saying it can't open ff7input.cfg. I looked everywhere, but I don't have that file for some reason. Even in my backup of the Steam version, it's not there. I can't even move the cursor to check if the mod is even working.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-08 16:46:38 by sonickenshin »

NeoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2015-02-08 16:54:42 »
Alright, I tried to reconvert the game and now I have ff7.exe like the instructions said I should have. I probably didn't reconvert it all the way. So, that's probably what was keeping it from working. But, now it's saying it can't open ff7input.cfg. I looked everywhere, but I don't have that file for some reason. Even in my backup of the Steam version, it's not there. I can't even move the cursor to check if the mod is even working.

You didn't convert properly for sure , ffrinput.cfg is created with the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe

Make sure you are running FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe as administrator ( right-click, Run as Administrator ) and follow instruction carefully.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-08 17:10:34 by NeoDragon »

sonickenshin

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2015-02-08 19:04:28 »
You didn't convert properly for sure , ffrinput.cfg is created with the FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe

Make sure you are running FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe as administrator ( right-click, Run as Administrator ) and follow instruction carefully.
Alrighty, that seemed to fix it. Though, I still can't seem to move the cursor on the menu with the keyboard or anything.

NeoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2015-02-08 19:37:36 »
Click on FF7_Launcher.exe, go to settings/keyboard. These are your settings for keyboards and/or joystick!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2015-02-08 20:07:10 »
Alrighty, that seemed to fix it. Though, I still can't seem to move the cursor on the menu with the keyboard or anything.

When you run the converter, it asks if you want to install the Numpad patch. The default keys are on the numpad, but if you don't have one then you can't doing anything in-game. You need to say Yes to the patch when the converter asks.

sonickenshin

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2015-02-08 22:00:00 »
Ok, got past the start menu. Now, there is no music (/music/vgmstream/[title name here].ogg), the game is significantly slower, and I see no real change in Cloud's animation. It's not doing that idle animation displayed in the youtube video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrnkCaqijhs). Unless those work for only those models. I configured it in 7H and everything, but still nothing.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2015-02-08 22:05:59 »
If it's not working, you didn't set up something correctly.

NeoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2015-02-08 22:36:41 »
So after testing a little bit more I found out that the culprit is Gameplay - Difficulty and settings. When i activate it , it changes the first boss to 2 soldiers MPA & MP2. Any fix for this? I've set the Gameplay config to Aerith Revival ( Full ).

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2015-02-09 02:58:05 »
Did you ever install Bootleg in the past?

NeoDragon

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2015-02-09 03:12:30 »
I did , but uninstalled evrything and removed reg keys