Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 845129 times)

shikulja

• View Profile
Re: [FF-IX] Hades Workshop
« Reply #25 on: 2013-06-29 01:23:16 »
when add Πsymbol to text. program is crahing. and add import/export to .txt please

Avalanche

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013-06-30 17:17:37 »
It is possible to add a "modul" where i can edit the game dialogues? We would like to translate the game to Hungarian and it will be awesome if you can help us with your awesome tool. : )
« Last Edit: 2013-06-30 17:35:46 by Avalanche »

xenokain

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013-06-30 23:17:46 »
He's on break because hes tired. He's the only one working on anything ff9 related right now.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013-06-30 23:39:39 »
I was not really tired but rather busy ^^ I'm back on the thing now.
I'll add a text module soon, yes.

About the Œ character, I fixed it, thanks. However, there is a "bug" with the text filtering : the program should filter unprintable characters such as £ or whatever, but it doesn't work if you copy-paste those characters, thus the fatal error when saving (but Œ should have been fine, that was my oversight).

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #29 on: 2013-07-01 11:38:39 »
What code language are you writing this in?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013-07-01 11:50:44 »
Check the first post : that's C++.

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013-07-02 20:05:46 »
Greetings. there was a problem. from the menu select the name can not fit all the letters. and those that are replaced by the symbols are not displayed. (24 letters of the English against 33 Russian) characters in the Japanese version but there are many more problems. may be possible as anything from there move it to also have a lot of character in US version.
Just tell me if anyone knows how to fix the width of the letters. some can not fit across the width (like М on screen, there was no place for the right shade, and Ж to be the width of a Ш)
p.s. screenshot of the test, I hope you'll understand what I mean. hard to explain, but still not their native language)
Here's a link to a screenshot
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Bbbdpi5BzBbmxWbUd1QnoxdW8/edit?usp=sharing
It may also be added to the tool change in the width of each letter)
« Last Edit: 2013-07-02 20:47:51 by shikulja »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013-07-02 23:10:38 »
Na, I don't understant what you said. It's not my native language either so it's even harder to find out ^^'
I'm not even sure it concerns my program or another FF9 text editing tool.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #33 on: 2013-07-03 00:18:58 »
Check the first post : that's C++.

Ah. I saw Codelite and wxFormBuilder and didn't know what those were. I might be able to help if you need any.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013-07-03 01:15:51 »
Codelite is an IDE (instead of coding with the a basic text editor, I code with this and it takes care of all the compiling stuff, coloring the code, etc...) and wxFormBuilder is an add-on to wxWidgets, which is a GUI library (countaining functions for creating/customizing windows and everything related).

I'd gladly welcome your help if you can get used to how I poorly code ^^ But since I'll try to remake some part of the code, I guess it'd be better for you to help after I've done it.

EDIT : I said bullsh*t, that'll teach me to answer so late  ::) Fixed it now.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-03 10:35:58 by Tirlititi »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #35 on: 2013-07-03 12:01:05 »
I wasn't thinking writing or co-authoring. I'm more of a "if you don't know how to do what you want to do" kinda helper. I'm no stranger to sloppy code. The first WallMarket had lousy code. I even came across code I had written 13 years ago! Talk about sloppy!! You know you've got a problem when you're naming variables "newGG" and "neoGG" in the same method. :(

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013-07-03 12:59:49 »
Lol
Ok, I'll ask you if I'm struggled with something :)

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013-07-04 18:40:00 »
Up. I had way more problems with text than I expected. And it doesn't work so well now...

I also added some features to facilitate the edition. You can sort spells, commands and enemies by alphabetical order and you can also make enemy changes faster with the option "Edit similar enemies" which make the stat changes shared by every enemies with the same name and level (to avoid changing every Beatrix fights together, for instance).

The bugs/problems there are with texts for now :
- You can't export them as .ppf : I saw there was a bug with ppf exporting so I'll try to fix that before I continue it,
- You may only shorten the texts : I need much more investigation on how texts are coded and I don't want to work on the saving feature until I've went further. However, you can export texts as a .txt file so you can begin to work on it if you want to translate FF9,
- Not all the texts are available. All the dialogs are, but pretty much everything related to the menu are not (the menu sections, obviously, but also the item names and such...),
- The special character µ is shown as plain text, as well as the code it calls. Shortly, that means that µ and some of the following characters (at least 1 but often more) are to be ignored,
- As a side effect of the previous bug, some few texts are misread and shortened while some others are longer than they should (you'll see what I mean if you encounter it),
- The first text block is incomprehensible. I don't know what purpose it serves.

Actually, I was more willing to work on scripts and opcodes. Anyone who has infos on how texts work would have my eternal gratitude, because that quiet bores me to find it ^^'
The rest of the post is some boring data informations I know.

So, about the 0x06 chunks, here is what I know :
Code: [Select]
2 bytes TextAmount
2 bytes Unknown/Unused
[
2 bytes TextOffset (from the first text offset position)
1 byte Some Flag?
1 byte Some Flag?
] x TextAmount OR TextAmount x 2
Remaining Texts
Sometimes, the datas are doubled. It might be when the 2nd flag is 0 that the current and the previous texts are linked but I don't really know... For what I saw, dialogs and field texts are doubled while battle texts are not. When texts are doubled, it seems the 2nd offset is the one used...
Here are the opcodes I know, occuring after the character µ (0xF9) :
- 2 (0x02) : slow text apparition (takes 1 argument),
- 4 (0x04) : tokenize the text (1st argument is the number of tokens and following 2 bytes-long arguments are their offset),
- 8 (0x08) : add multiple-choices feature (no argument),
- % (0x0E) : insert text specified in the script file by the command 0x66 (takes 1 argument),
- A-I (0x10-0x18) : insert the name of a team member (no argument),
- U-Z (0x24-0x29) : change the text color (no argument),
- È, Ó and - (0x55, 0x5C and 0x0B) : terminate text (no argument),
- Ü (0x63) : insert the pad square button picture (no argument),
- ò (0x71) : new line for multiple-choices feature (no argument).

EDIT : minor update to fix my chartable. Some special characters were somehow wrong or missing.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-05 15:39:54 by Tirlititi »

Avalanche

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013-07-04 21:28:22 »
Thanks for the good work, i hope someone will help you solve the problems. I follow your work every day.  ;)

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013-07-12 06:51:20 »
Hi. how to work?  very need to add import/export to text (party)>spells and commands and helps
i waiting when you add export. but this you no add.
thanks for what you do
sorry for stupid language
« Last Edit: 2013-07-12 07:13:22 by shikulja »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013-07-12 10:44:56 »
Why would you need an import/export feature for texts that you can simply copy/paste?...
It would be a waste of time to me. I have more urgent things to do.

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013-07-12 15:00:28 »
Copy / paste would frequently. because working with the text would have to be much. Golosary be monsters \ composite names
replace the letters under the Russian font not once. why such a small thing would be very difficult if you insert it all manually

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013-07-12 20:53:25 »
I guess adding a russian font shouldn't be too complicated. I'll think about it.

I don't understand half of your post. Please make efforts and don't use google translation.

xenokain

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013-07-12 21:18:57 »
He/shes better off asking someone from their native language to help them come back here and post in English.

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013-07-12 21:43:58 »
thanks for you think add russian font.
no translation Google even more difficult to explain. I will try to show

manually in hades workshop is harder to do than if it were the name of magic, etc in - text file. Because it could be done AutoCorrect letters to those that need - the entire text at once
« Last Edit: 2013-07-26 21:29:59 by shikulja »

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2013-07-25 01:43:09 »
in the future version are possible add more text than normal?

ex: english <-----> portuguese

I'm Back = Estou de volta

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013-07-25 07:59:02 »
Yes it will. Not in the next version but maybe the one after that. You'll have a fixed size for each "Text block" and there will be some free characters (~50 I guess) unlike the spells/commands texts that have pretty much no extra space.

I had to rewrite a lot of the program, that's why it's taking some time (plus the fact I'm on holidays, ofc ^^).

By the way, shikulja, your image isn't displaying properly for me...

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013-07-26 22:50:51 »
Thanks my friend, so I'll waiting for update of block size   :D

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013-07-27 08:31:03 »
Update.

So, as said, I rewrote a lot of things :
- Texts are still displayed with "µ" but there are no more trailing characters after that. Instead of "µ+060Hurray !" you have "µHurray !" for instance. Some of the bugs I listed for the previous version are fixed : you can assume the way the texts are displayed now is the way it will be displayed in the final version.
- You may now edit any text (including the ones in the spell/command sections) using an extended text block.
- That extended text block can display the text as it is in-game, roughly. For now, not every opcodes are handled : the speed (not really accurate but fine enough, I think), the colors and some string replacement. The "µ" are not displayed there, of course.
- The extra text in battles is no more accessible. It will be re-added in the "Enemies" section soon.
- I didn't test the PPF conversion yet, it bugged a bit in previous version and I guess it still does (though I did some changes). The PPF conversion doesn't work at all for the "Texts" section for sure.

Additionally, I enabled the "Preferences" menu. The only settings that can be done are the color of the text window and the alphabet used (in the extended text block only).

Next version will be focused on fixing the PPF conversion (and possibly adding a reading feature for .ppf files), adding way to edit the text opcodes (for now, it can only be removed by suppressing the "µ", not added or modified) and increasing the maximum text length.

@ shikulja : Thanks, I just saw you fixed the image. I get the problem now, but cyrillic encoding is a bit of a mess ^^'. Can you try the program with the cyrillic alphabet and tell me if there are still bugs? If that works, I'll extend the cyrillic/greek display to every text extracted from FF9.
The fonts I use are "Cyrillic Basic" for cyrillic and "Symbol" for greek.

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2013-07-27 10:12:37 »
program need wxmsw294ud_richtext_gcc_cl.dll

give me program with the cyrillic alphabet  or on new version incluted cyrilic?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-27 11:45:25 by shikulja »