Author Topic: [FF7R] Remake Discussion & News  (Read 91735 times)

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
[FF7R] Remake Discussion & News
« on: 2019-06-10 04:48:57 »
    [Final Fantasy VII Remake]

From E3 2019: Official release date, new trailer and game contents of Final Fantasy VII Remake was revealed.
    [ First released on PS4 on April 2020; Dub: Japanese, English, French, German. Sub: English, French, German, Italian, LatAm Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish options ]

Trailers

Gameplay

Other

Bonus

Interviews

Renders and Artworks
    Spoiler: show

Voice Actor:
    • Cloud Strife: Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
    • Barret Wallace: John Eric Bentley (Hart of Dixie, Lab Rats, Fear of the Walking Dead)
    • Aerith Gainsborough: Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
    • Tifa Lockhart: Britt Baron (GLOW, The Thing About Harry, My Valentine)
    • Red XIII: Max Mittelman (Persona 5, One-Punch Man)
    • Jessie: Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man PS4, Mortal Kombat 11)
    • Biggs: Gideon Emery (Dash & Lily, Teen Wolf, Dragon Age II)
    • Wedge: Matt Jones (Bob Hearts Abishola, Breaking Bad)
    • Sephiroth: Tyler Hoechlin (Superman & Lois, Teen Wolf)
    • Reno: Arnie Pantoja (Konosuba, Trolls, Sydney White)
    • Rude: William Christopher Stephens (The Avengers, Spies in Disguise, Mortal Kombat 11)
    • Tseng: Vic Chao (Seis Manos, Mortal Kombat X, Ben 10)
    • President Shinra: James Horan (Metal Gear Solid V, Fallout: New Vegas, Love, Death & Robots)
    • Heidegger: John DiMaggio (Futurama, Adventure Time)
    • Scarlet: Erin Cottrell (Love’s Long Journey, The Identical)
    • Palmer: William Salyers (Regular Show, Spider-Man PS4, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders)
    • Reeve: Jon Root (Call of Duty: Ghosts, Fallout 76)
    • Professor Hojo: James Sie (Jackie Chan Adventures, Uncharted)
    • Marlene Wallace: Brielle Milla (The Ellen Show, T.O.T.S.)
    • Roche: Austin Lee Matthews (Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon, Trails of Cold Steel III)
    • Don Corneo: Fred Tatasciore (Overwatch, Fortnite, Gears of War)

Pre-order editions:
    • Standard Edition: Summon Materia Chocobo Chick;
    • Deluxe Edition: Summon Materia Cactuar and Chocobo Chick, one art book, one soundtrack CD and one SteelBook featuring Sephiroth;
    • 1st Class Edition: all aforementioned options plus Summon Materia Carbuncle and action figure Play Arts Kai featuring Cloud and Hardy Daytona.

Release date: 10.04.2020

[ Official Twitter {Japanese Ver.} - Official Website  {Japanese Ver.} ]

Other FF7 related topics:
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: 2024-02-15 16:10:11 by Kuraudo. »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • Global moderator
    • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
      • View Profile
      • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
    Re: [FFVII-R]Release March 2020, New Trailer
    « Reply #1 on: 2019-06-10 06:26:41 »
    I'm not saying it's bad. It looks like the main story line will stay intact but re-imagined, so I'm on board for that. But the combat...:|. Since FF12, combat has seen unrealistically flashy movements and numbers flying all over the screen. I've never been able to get into it for the same reasons I've never picked up a God of War/Devil May Cry/Bayonetta style action game.

I'll give this one a shot if it's on PC, otherwise I'll probably end up just watching the movie edited version on YouTube.

Manakaiser

• View Profile
    Re: [FFVII-R]Release March 2020, New Trailer
    « Reply #2 on: 2019-06-10 07:02:40 »
    Im gonna go ahead and add my hot take to this; I think this looks fantastic and already way better than the orignal FF7 ever was including combat. While I agree that regarding more action orientented combat, ffXVs was particularily dumbed down/ simplistic and I hope that thisone (which it looks like to be) has a bit more depth to it than 3 skills per character and useless magic, i think its absurd to call FF7s combat anything remotely close to deep or complex which is often used as an argument opposing the transition to a faster direct input paced system.
    « Last Edit: 2019-06-10 07:09:12 by Manakaiser »

-Ric-

• View Profile
    Re: [FFVII-R] 03.2020 - New Trailer
    « Reply #3 on: 2019-06-10 13:12:03 »
    Wow. It's actually not coming in 2030. Impressive lol.

Trailer looks fun. Definitely gonna be buying day 1. Now let's see if the leaks about a remastered  FF8 are true.

Manakaiser

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: 2019-06-10 14:55:25 »
    Wild over the top numbers flashing all over don't lead to any brain cells being used.  And the story will also be hollywoodized nonsense. The voice parts I've heard so far and the scenes I've seen all point to it. But I've never had any hope for this tosh.

I also don't think it looks fantastic. I base my love of a game on intellect, story, and qualities that are more than just flashy visuals.  In that, I'm with EQ2Alyza.  To be blunt, I think it's shite. Shockingly shite.

Apart from the seeming obsession with flashy numbers i nowhere mentioned and the fact that ff7 combat requires equally 0 braincells (if you think about the materia system here its requirement of "braincells" for "tactical" use doesnt hinge on the combat system itself and can easily be implemented to same if not more tactical effect im an action based system, not that im necessarily saying that it will but from the trailers there is technically no way to tell that it wont which makes the point obsolete for now) if not looked at through fanboy eyes, this is too ::) of a statement to really warrant engaging in a debate about this due to clearly too much emotional involvement on your end.

I can agree that the story presentation seems to be dumbed down but since i fortunately know the story already this part is luckily irrelevant to me (not that the original ff7 story is that unique or deep in the first place once you look at the core of it....)

I like the original ff7 alot but i also certainly look forward to this remake.
    We simply disagree then ^^
    « Last Edit: 2019-06-10 15:05:24 by Manakaiser »

-Ric-

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: 2019-06-10 16:24:16 »
    (if you think about the materia system here its requirement of "braincells" for "tactical" use

Eh it really doesn't. You can beat the whole game by spamming attack/limits/cure. Never understood the way that FF7's battles were idolized... It's one of the easiest games in the franchise.

I can agree that the story presentation seems to be dumbed down but since i fortunately know the story already this part is luckily irrelevant to me (not that the original ff7 story is that unique or deep in the first place once you look at the core of it....)

Well that's still to be determined. There is one substancial change in the new trailer but it's not that big a deal. We'll have to see what else was added/removed/changed.

I like the original ff7 alot but i also certainly look forward to this remake.
    We simply disagree then ^^

Correct. The original is not only available but it's available on pretty much everything but a toaster. Android, iOS, Playstation, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC, Mac and Nintendo Switch. It's not like whoever doesn't like the remake won't have options lol.

NOW GIVE ME THAT FF8 REMASTER!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: 2019-06-10 16:37:21 »
    It wouldn't hurt if the devs would have looked at the core of the story of FF7. You literally playing the Ragnarok epos and the chase around the after Sephiroth is a symbol for it (Fenrir chasing the moon). As it looks now you will stay in Midgar the whole first episode. And if you think about it, it's the easiest way to separate the game into episodes. I also dislike the new design of Sephiroth where his front hair doesn't look like the fang of a snake anymore. The gameplay will be fantastic as long as I don't hear 'Activate Combat Mode'  when a fight starts. The presentation will also be amazing. But I doubt that they will keep the intelligence of the story, which the original game has. From all the recent SE games I played I expect a silly black and white story where Sephiroth is just evil with no hints that he is the poor product of a science which has no ethic responsibility. Reflecting the political perversion through the big companies in our world or what we are doing to our world will also not be important anymore, because the emotions of the actors and how to set them into the scene are way more important.

Get me right, my fear is that they serve to us the same boring story telling quality which all the recent FF games do have.

Barret with sunglasses in a mostly dark city. ::)
    « Last Edit: 2019-06-10 16:41:51 by Kaldarasha »

-Ric-

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: 2019-06-10 16:46:57 »
    As it looks now you will stay in Midgar the whole first episode.

I believe it was mentioned in some interview that the first episode would go up to Aeris/Aerith's death.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: 2019-06-10 17:22:44 »
    Which still can be rewritten to be taking place in Midgar. It's also possible that they use a similar system like in CC where you can go to other places by selecting the location you want to travel. There are rumours about something like a wm but the only trustable information we have is that the wm is more like zones (which also could mean Sectors) you can travel through. ATM we only have footage about Midgar and that each episode will tell its own story.

-Ric-

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: 2019-06-10 17:39:57 »
    Which still can be rewritten to be taking place in Midgar.

Well that's just too far-fetched to be honest.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: 2019-06-11 01:35:17 »
    They gave Tifa ugly pants.. She looked great otherwise.. But fuck those pants.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
    • Maktub
      • View Profile
      • Behemoth Productions
    « Reply #11 on: 2019-06-11 03:00:15 »
    So yea: Extended Trailer. Tifa revealed.

Also:

Cloud: Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
    Barret: John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
    Aerith: Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
    Tifa: Britt Baron (GLOW)
    Jessie: Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
    Biggs: Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
    Wedge: Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
    Sephiroth: Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf)

Pre-order editions:

• Standard Edition: Summon Materia Chocobo Chick;
    • Deluxe Edition: Summon Materia Cactuar and Chocobo Chick, one art book, one soundtrack CD and one SteelBook featuring Sephiroth;
    • 1st Class Edition: all aforementioned options plus Summon Materia Carbuncle and action figure Play Arts Kai featuring Cloud and Hardy Daytona.
    « Last Edit: 2019-06-11 03:46:27 by Kuraudo. »

-Ric-

• View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: 2019-06-11 03:17:35 »
    Looks awesome. The combat system actually looks pretty darn good.

Also... FF8 Remastered!

mr_nygren

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: 2019-06-11 03:43:28 »
    If you guys ask me i'd say this is the wrong era/time for FF7 to be remade. They are catering to feminists and destroying the style of beloved characters..

While characters like Cloud and Sephiroth do look better than ever - characters like Tifa and Jessie look worse than ever..

What i am saying is that they could have made Tifa look like this:

But because they are catering to feminists she turned out ugly with leggins, a different skirt, black parts on the white shirt and so on.. Man - if i am going to play this game i will have a torture looking at her and being reminded that she would have been much better looking were it not for the feminists and Square catering to them instead of the fans.

« Last Edit: 2019-06-11 03:47:13 by mr_nygren »

Manakaiser

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: 2019-06-11 05:15:06 »
    I fully agree with tifas model being kinda unnecessarily tamed down wtih the long stocking socks; other than that though damn this looks absolutely fantastic im really hyped now combat looks extremely fun and the whole thing is visually absolutely stunning.

Cant wait to get DLPBs explanation on why this combat is all complete crap and am interested in how precisely the original scorpion battle (or rest of combat) is so much more tactical, braincell demanding than this lol (while restressing that the numbers are too flashy) ^^
    « Last Edit: 2019-06-11 07:01:16 by Manakaiser »

hotdog963al

• Horse
      • View Profile
      • Horse HQ
    « Reply #15 on: 2019-06-11 12:18:28 »
    - Way too much happening on the screen at once, it burns my eyes.
    - Did they forget the guitar in the boss theme? Is everything going to be orchestral now? ;P

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: 2019-06-11 12:45:16 »
    Well that's just too far-fetched to be honest.

It's also too far-fetched that Zack meets Aerith in the same way as Cloud did. But it happened that way.

There are many hints that the first CD will be play in Midgar. Nomura said that the story will change and that the compilation of FF7 won't fit anymore (it's silly that he thinks that it fits before), which indicates a massive rewrite of the story. They also said that they want to decide the game into episodes, where each episode will be a full game and has its own game play. This means they have to divide the game into separate pieces and have to find a way to tell each story without direct contact of the other stories.
    Then there is a very practical reason. SE has to produce the remake with as low cost as possible, but they also want a breath-taking experience, so they can't come with a lifeless small city as in the original. What's clever to do is to keep the story in Midgar and working only on the huge city rather than working on a whole continent. Maybe that's why they hired Cyberconnect2 for the project in the first place, because they had experience with creating big lively cities. (Keep also in mind that SE struggled with creating FFXV open world.)
    The last hint is that we have no footage of outside of Midgar. The iconic moment where Sephiroth goes walking through the burning Nibleheim is something I would expect to see, instead we see Sephiroth confronting Cloud in Midgar. Then there are additional bike scenes, which probably means that there is a lot more to be explored than in the original game.

Though, the only argument why I could be wrong is that we have mainly seen scenes from the very beginning of the game, but... well, call it a feeling that I right about that. If you look on some older threads where we discussed the refusing of SE to make a remake of FF7 I predicted that SE will make a remake of it in the middle or to the end of the PS4 lifetime, because they need this money. And I was right about that.

Get me right I hope I'm wrong and FF7-R will blow our minds away. But my concerns started when I saw, which people are responsible for it. Hideo Kojima would have been a welcome surprise to me and a cooperation with Monolith, even though it means that it would have been designed with the switch in mind. But at last I had a guarantee that they focus on a very good game play and story and not on shiny graphical blending mechanics to hide the next uninspired Final Fantasy meets Kingdom Hearts mix.

I think a good comparison is Lufia II to its DS remake. These are very different from each other, but both are great games. A downside of the remake for me was the very linear story, other than this it was pretty entertaining. But, while it is graphical very impressive for a DS game it still stands in the shadow of the original game.
    This is what I expect for the FF7 remake, though this would be a disaster for SE because the remake needs to surpass the original.

Edit
    Just found this
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-expands-on-the-story-of-midgar-e3-2019
    « Last Edit: 2019-06-11 12:54:46 by Kaldarasha »

-Ric-

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: 2019-06-11 13:22:55 »
    Well we'll find out in a few months. I did really like the battle system that they showed off. They took from FF15 (the action style), from Kingdom Hearts (the shortcut system) and from FF12 (that on-click instant wait mode). The characters looked cool to me. The graphics are obviously stunning and the guard scorpion fight appeared to actually be complex and not be a cakewalk. Now the waiting game continues but at least there's a release date.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • Global moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: 2019-06-11 13:26:42 »
    If you guys ask me i'd say this is the wrong era/time for FF7 to be remade. They are catering to feminists and destroying the style of beloved characters..

While characters like Cloud and Sephiroth do look better than ever - characters like Tifa and Jessie look worse than ever..

What i am saying is that they could have made Tifa look like this:

But because they are catering to feminists she turned out ugly with leggins, a different skirt, black parts on the white shirt and so on.. Man - if i am going to play this game i will have a torture looking at her and being reminded that she would have been much better looking were it not for the feminists and Square catering to them instead of the fans.

I don't agree. It's your opinion to think so, but hear me out on this. Based upon what you're saying, Advent Children would have also catered to feminists, but almost 15 years ago before the identity politics of today's Western society came into fruition?

Square Enix is a Japanese company first and foremost, and Final Fantasy is their Japanese franchise. I've lived in Japan for long enough now to know that society here functions much differently than the Western world. All the identity representation [nonsense] currently thrown into Western media and entertainment...it's not here. Most Japanese people are ignorant to its existence, and those who may get a whiff of it from the internet, don't care enough to ever talk about it. Another fact is that the majority of the player base is male, and the Japanese gaming industry heavily favors male loving aesthetics. They don't tone down characters because feminist activists [whom don't exist in Japan] demanded it do so. Trust me on this one...it's not a feminist thing.

I personally don't mind the new look they've given, but still enjoy the original the best. The changes themselves at least match pretty well. Barret with sunglasses though? That one will take awhile to grow on me.

The explanation is simple...  The combat system was perfect - the implementation of it was not.

This is my take as well. And we know it's a good system seeing how the Hardcore mod and New Threat have shown us what could have been developed instead.
    « Last Edit: 2019-06-11 13:38:11 by EQ2Alyza »

-Ric-

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: 2019-06-11 13:42:12 »

I don't agree. It's your opinion to think so, but hear me out on this. Based upon what you're saying, Advent Children would have also catered to feminists, but almost 15 years ago before the identity politics of today's Western society came into fruition?

The whole "feminists ruined Tifa" thing is silly. They've ruined plenty but this isn't one of them.

Has everyone forgotten Final Fantasy 15's Cindy?

And Tifa looks awesome. They don't have to design the character to look like a hooker in order for her to look badass.

Manakaiser

• View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: 2019-06-11 14:03:42 »
    The explanation is simple...  The combat system was perfect - the implementation of it was not.

With the remake - the whole thing is rotten.

that "simple explanation" is nothing but a "feels" argument.  Considering how strong and often you posted long rants about this remake here and in the other topic thats surprisingly underwhelming. Also that doesnt really adress the strong opinion you have about how this new system is dumb and low in braincell requirement opposed to the original (especially since you stated that way before any real info about the combat system was available but lets ignore that part lol).

"it was trash the new implementation is amazing.

The original ff7 was rotten."

would you take something like that serious? ^^

As for Tifa I agree that the feminst part is bs, all i think in regards to that is that the original looked better, purely from a personal visual appeal (if anything one could argue that the stockings actually increase the sexual suggestiveness of the orginal that is implied by the feminism ruined it argument).
    « Last Edit: 2019-06-11 14:10:53 by Manakaiser »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • Global moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: 2019-06-11 14:05:08 »
    And Tifa looks awesome. They don't have to design the character to look like a hooker in order for her to look badass.

Tifa looks like a hooker, or a hooker looks like Tifa? Then who looks badass...Tifa or a hooker?  ???

gjoerulv

• me
      • View Profile
      • My Youtube
    « Reply #22 on: 2019-06-11 14:26:41 »
    ... i think its absurd to call FF7s combat anything remotely close to deep or complex which is often used as an argument opposing the transition to a faster direct input paced system.

Well, calling it absurd to have that view is way too harsh, and doesn't really make sense (bad choice of the word absurd). I agree that FF7's combat falls short on how it was realized in the game. Too easy, too many ways to exploit, too many overkill attacks, <insert more "flaws" here>, etc. The biggest problem is that you don't really need to explore the combat system to beat the game. Upgrade your equipment, heal often and pretty much everyone and their grandparents can beat the game. All of the above may not be bad in itself, but it really undermines everything the combat-system has to offer. Anyone who has worked on tools, mods, or even played mods, know how much more potential there is in the battle system. It just wasn't realized in the game.

Personally, I think the action style combat looks stupid. It's really, really hard to take it seriously considering it's supposed to look realistic. In turn-based, you know that the combat you see on-screen isn't actually what happens. It's an abstraction of what really happens. When it's action based like this, how you should interpret it is vague. Is this how it really happens? Do these character really survive several machinegun shots to their bodies?

The realistic approach could look dumb if it was turn-based too, don't get me wrong, but it would depend on how it was implemented. But we've now seen how they are doing it with the action approach and it looks stupid. Imo they shouldn't have done the realistic style, and they would have avoided this "problem" altogether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REiyl4haWnY&t=11m

Sorry don't like to hang out specific people, but these comments really make me smh. It would be a waste not to make it action oriented? What about FPS fans? Or puzzle-game fans?

On the feminist Tifa thing... Doesn't she look more like a thing feminists would shriek about in the new desing? A mean, that mini-skirt + socks look like a school-girl fetish thing.

Manakaiser

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: 2019-06-11 14:41:08 »
    Well, calling it absurd to have that view is way too harsh, and doesn't really make sense (bad choice of the word absurd). I agree that FF7's combat falls short on how it was realized in the game. Too easy, too many ways to exploit, too many overkill attacks, <insert more "flaws" here>, etc. The biggest problem is that you don't really need to explore the combat system to beat the game. Upgrade your equipment, heal often and pretty much everyone and their grandparents can beat the game. All of the above may not be bad in itself, but it really undermines everything the combat-system has to offer. Anyone who has worked on tools, mods, or even played mods, know how much more potential there is in the battle system. It just wasn't realized in the game.

Personally, I think the action style combat looks stupid. It's really, really hard to take it seriously considering it's supposed to look realistic. In turn-based, you know that the combat you see on-screen isn't actually what happens. It's an abstraction of what really happens. When it's action based like this, how you should interpret it is vague. Is this how it really happens? Do these character really survive several machinegun shots to their bodies?

The realistic approach could look dumb if it was turn-based too, don't get me wrong, but it would depend on how it was implemented. But we've now seen how they are doing it with the action approach and it looks stupid. Imo they shouldn't have done the realistic style, and they would have avoided this "problem" altogether.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REiyl4haWnY&t=11m

Sorry don't like to hang out specific people, but these comments really make me smh. It would be a waste not to make it action oriented? What about FPS fans? Or puzzle-game fans?

On the feminist Tifa thing... Doesn't she look more like a thing feminists would shriek about in the new desing? A mean, that mini-skirt + socks look like a school-girl fetish thing.

Thats a fair opinion overall and i can apreciate that some people just dont like it for subjective reasons (I really just have issues with attempts to reason the dislike with appeals to objective complexity being far superior in the original, which is simply not the case) even though I personally disagree, partly for the reasons you mentioned yourself (about the turnbased potentially looking equally silly with such a visual fidelity/artstyle, and that the potential of the system is not what matters but what was effectively realized through balancing and whatnot in regards to me calling it absurd to say it required any intellect. Fair point that absurd might be too strong but you understood what i meant so no worries here).

We fully agree on arguments like the fps part etc that you mentioned (that some people seem to make? havent looked much into opinions except this topic but that FPS part in particular must be a VERY fringe opinion no? :P) being idiotic, and seemingly on the tifa too.

Cheers

« Last Edit: 2019-06-11 14:53:48 by Manakaiser »

mr_nygren

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: 2019-06-11 15:16:49 »
    It's also too far-fetched that Zack meets Aerith in the same way as Cloud did. But it happened that way.

There are many hints that the first CD will be play in Midgar. Nomura said that the story will change and that the compilation of FF7 won't fit anymore (it's silly that he thinks that it fits before), which indicates a massive rewrite of the story. They also said that they want to decide the game into episodes, where each episode will be a full game and has its own game play. This means they have to divide the game into separate pieces and have to find a way to tell each story without direct contact of the other stories.
    Then there is a very practical reason. SE has to produce the remake with as low cost as possible, but they also want a breath-taking experience, so they can't come with a lifeless small city as in the original. What's clever to do is to keep the story in Midgar and working only on the huge city rather than working on a whole continent. Maybe that's why they hired Cyberconnect2 for the project in the first place, because they had experience with creating big lively cities. (Keep also in mind that SE struggled with creating FFXV open world.)
    The last hint is that we have no footage of outside of Midgar. The iconic moment where Sephiroth goes walking through the burning Nibleheim is something I would expect to see, instead we see Sephiroth confronting Cloud in Midgar. Then there are additional bike scenes, which probably means that there is a lot more to be explored than in the original game.

Though, the only argument why I could be wrong is that we have mainly seen scenes from the very beginning of the game, but... well, call it a feeling that I right about that. If you look on some older threads where we discussed the refusing of SE to make a remake of FF7 I predicted that SE will make a remake of it in the middle or to the end of the PS4 lifetime, because they need this money. And I was right about that.

Get me right I hope I'm wrong and FF7-R will blow our minds away. But my concerns started when I saw, which people are responsible for it. Hideo Kojima would have been a welcome surprise to me and a cooperation with Monolith, even though it means that it would have been designed with the switch in mind. But at last I had a guarantee that they focus on a very good game play and story and not on shiny graphical blending mechanics to hide the next uninspired Final Fantasy meets Kingdom Hearts mix.

I think a good comparison is Lufia II to its DS remake. These are very different from each other, but both are great games. A downside of the remake for me was the very linear story, other than this it was pretty entertaining. But, while it is graphical very impressive for a DS game it still stands in the shadow of the original game.
    This is what I expect for the FF7 remake, though this would be a disaster for SE because the remake needs to surpass the original.

Edit
    Just found this
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/11/final-fantasy-vii-remake-expands-on-the-story-of-midgar-e3-2019

Very well said, i am sad they didn't use the FMV-graphics for the characters like your models.

It can never surpass the original, only if it had stayed true to it in every sense of the word - and only updated graphics.

You see - the original with modern graphics are better than the original with old graphics - but a remake that changes a lot of things will probably fail.
    « Last Edit: 2019-06-11 15:19:44 by mr_nygren »