Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001046 times)

Thristle

Re: [RELEASE v1.8]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #375 on: 2011-05-09 23:38:19 »
Hey, I'm a new kid on the block, and I was wondering how to get this program to work with psxfin? It doesn't recognize the saves, nor the quicksaves. So I gave up with that and tried to build a save from scratch, only to realize that the export file formats are also non-compatible... Is there something that I am missing? Or is the program just not compatible with psxfin?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #376 on: 2011-05-10 22:34:16 »
Hey, I'm a new kid on the block, and I was wondering how to get this program to work with psxfin? It doesn't recognize the saves, nor the quicksaves. So I gave up with that and tried to build a save from scratch, only to realize that the export file formats are also non-compatible... Is there something that I am missing? Or is the program just not compatible with psxfin?

Black chocobo does not work w/ quicksaves. as for you memory card it you change its extention to .mcr or .mcd from the .bin that psxfin uses as default you should be able to open the card in black chocobo. ( also psxfin can mcr/mcd files directly.) when 1.9 comes out it will have support for more of the funny extentions that emulators use most are the same exactly file format w/ just a different extention so they have been added, i will add psxfin's .bin ext to the list.

edit:Bin has been added as an import /export format (as long as its 128kb)
« Last Edit: 2011-05-10 22:46:21 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #377 on: 2011-05-17 02:09:42 »
Some New Progress:  ;)
  • New: VGS File Support (*.vgs, *mem) Export as this format also
  • New: Dex-Drive File Support (*.gme) Export as this format also
  • Fixed: Possible extra data being writting when exporting form raw psx to a 15 slot format
also added *.mci to the list of MC saves (forgot that one eariler).

Ariastrasz

« Reply #378 on: 2011-05-17 02:17:00 »
@Sithlord  Can I just say you have an amazing editor for FFVII on the go?  It is easily the best one I've found.  I realize you built on Jenova and have improved the features significantly.  I just want to say thank you because now I can edit my psx saves directly instead of having to use two programs to change between formats.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-17 06:01:27 by Ariastrasz »

Thristle

« Reply #379 on: 2011-05-17 05:53:36 »
Black chocobo does not work w/ quicksaves. as for you memory card it you change its extention to .mcr or .mcd from the .bin that psxfin uses as default you should be able to open the card in black chocobo. ( also psxfin can mcr/mcd files directly.) when 1.9 comes out it will have support for more of the funny extentions that emulators use most are the same exactly file format w/ just a different extention so they have been added, i will add psxfin's .bin ext to the list.

edit:Bin has been added as an import /export format (as long as its 128kb)
Woooww!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :-D

<3

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #380 on: 2011-05-17 12:09:22 »
@Ariastraz. Your welcome, but there is more to come from BC in the future. eventually i will get back to adding new stuff found in the save map.currently we are able to edit abount 70% of the map, my goal is 100% but it might be a bit shy of that as some of the data in the save map is not used. Also eventually i would like to be able to write back to the ps3/psp with out having to use anything other then a usb/mem stick.

@Thristle. :) Your welcome. adding it was really easy, like i said above, it's the same format.

Any other suggestions/ or bugs found let me know, i'll fix them

Ariastrasz

« Reply #381 on: 2011-05-17 15:27:28 »
@Sithlord Well you're doing a heck of a job with this editor I don't mind telling you.
My question to you is, what is left that you havent already covered? I think I've edited
just about every aspect of my save file, including chocobo stats previously not included
in other editors..  I did notice however a button for "Personality" that didn't respond to
clicks.  Is that the direction you're heading with it?  Color me intrigued.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #382 on: 2011-05-17 16:56:57 »
well there is a lot of unknown bytes in the save map.  somethings like the personality of chocobos im just don't know what they do.(if anything) i can read them but idk what setting them does... there is a lot to find out in terms of how the progression varible(s) work. they will allow for more replays. and even reseting your game to a certian event and playing from that point. some examples of things i know about that i have not  implmented are locations on the world map for your char/ buggy / chocobo/ highwind/weapon. take a look at the save map you will see lots of yellow and red entries. most of them need to be implimented an tested. looking at this will prolly give you a better overview then me tring to explain it .

Ariastrasz

« Reply #383 on: 2011-05-17 17:36:36 »
Do you have people testing these for you? Or do you do all the testing yourself?
I would volunteer to help test if you need someone in that capacity.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #384 on: 2011-05-17 18:29:28 »
i have a few people who (have in the past) helped me test but its main just myself and eslava (when he's not in classes) doing the bulk of the testing.. if you intrested in testing please PM w/ some contact info some kind of IM is perfered along with your OS info(so i can build u a copy of the svn code). any other stuff that i should know like what ur playing the game on , etc.

Thristle

« Reply #385 on: 2011-05-17 21:42:04 »
So, I (being a n00b) came across more problems.. :-o

(This is the PSX version)

• How do you get the 32,767 HP/MP to "stick" in-game? The most I can do is the 9,999HP/999MP limit, and if it's too high, then it retracts to 10 HP/MP (I think). I'm extremely new to this.. but I know you would need to edit the image file to change the limit, yet I'm not exact sure how to do it using CDMage, since it won't let me change anything.
  • Are there options to have the Weapons undefeated? Since I accidentally already defeated the Weapons in one of the game saves, and I want to make it so I can battle them again (at least just the Emerald and Ruby).

Sorry if I'm asking for too much / being annoying  :oops:
« Last Edit: 2011-05-17 21:48:28 by Thristle »

Ariastrasz

« Reply #386 on: 2011-05-17 21:48:45 »
[
How do you get the 32,767 HP/MP to "stick" in-game? The most I can do is the 9,999HP/999MP limit, and if it's too high, then it retracts to 10HP/1MP (I think). I'm extremely new to this.. but I know you would need to edit the image file to change the limit, yet I'm not exact sure how to do it using CDMage, since it won't let me change anything.

Now I may be wrong about this.  But I'm pretty sure you are never going to get anything above the limits of 9999/999 for HP/MP respectively to stick.  The limits are set as such by the game itself and the only conceivable way that I can think of to MAKE them stick would be to use some kind of trainer program like Gentrain or Cheat Engine.  Otherwise you're stuck.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2011-05-17 22:27:38 »
You ARE wrong... You need either Aali's driver or YAMP patch.

Ariastrasz

« Reply #388 on: 2011-05-17 22:52:07 »
Sorry but I was thinking purely about the psx version, my bad.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2011-05-17 22:53:10 »
A patch does exist for the PSX version too, with a limit at 32 000

Thristle

« Reply #390 on: 2011-05-18 02:24:37 »
A patch does exist for the PSX version too, with a limit at 32 000
Could you tell me what program I should search for, please?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2011-05-18 21:58:36 »
ARM's break damage limit psx version patch... but... I save you trouble http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDCB11VZ

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2011-05-19 13:17:35 »
You guys are really going off topic here, but I thought I'd mention that ARMs' PSX 9999 Limit Break patch doesn't break the HP/MP limit. However, it does break the damage limit and Transformed-Vincent's HP. And it also removes the fury effect of the 7777 trick.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-19 13:20:07 by Armorvil »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #393 on: 2011-05-29 15:07:53 »
      Some More Updates..

• New:Character Equipment Tab Has Much Nicer Materia Options Now
      • New:Char Buttons Icons Are All Dynamicly Set Based On Char ID
      • New:You Can Change Anyone's ID In Debug (mostly for modders)
      • Updated: Lots of Code Flow Improvements
    More that im sure i have forgot here.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-29 16:41:27 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Black Chocobo - v 1.9 preview...
« Reply #394 on: 2011-05-29 16:58:29 »
For anyone intrested i have compiled a little preview for you all to check out of what will be 1.9 eventually. it requires that you have Black Chocobo installed and only contains the windows version of the exe.

After you download it you have to un archive it and copy the files directly to the place you installed Black Chocobo (C:\program files\Black Chocobo\ = defaut) you might want to back up your previous exe just incase.

This is a preview there may be bugs, i have changed a lot of the internal stuff. so feel free to have fun messing with files. if anyone finds any bugs just let me know and ill do my best to iron them out before 1.9 is released.

Besure to view the Change Log Before you Download(Removed)

updated link to a 1.8.8-r2 version (eslava found some bugs,i fixed.)
bugs fixed
coaster high scores were never updated
checkboxes for "unlocked chars" was not reseting correctly
new equiptment materia managing area was not reseting on slot change correctly.
and perhaps one or two other small bugs.

In other BC news i made a fancy kdialog version of the install script for linux. people runnining kde (others need kdialog and kdesudo) like myself can now install by clicking on the "install-kde.sh"  file all others can still use the "install-cli.sh" script,and gnome uses don't worry for you (and other de's) i plan to make a zenity version of the same installer so you can use gksu and zenity to install, as a default i might replace teh cli script w/ a xmessage version of the script as that should be on any machine w/ an X server.

More updates:

Created a ppa repository for debian/ubuntu based linux users.
New: Toggle Field help
New: Toggle Battle Target Labels
Fixed: mp cost for shiva was wrong. a few spells did not have a space between their name and mp cost.
Updated: each bit of "tut_sub" can be twiddled (under test data )
Updated:Spanish Translation (eslava mostly but i did some too)
Fixed: Source Tree Cleaned has been cleaned up and removed un nessessary files

Some More Progress updates
New: Toggle Ruby/Emerald On the World Map (also depends on your main progress var )
Fixed: some annyoing bugs in the materia stuff it affected  both party materia and char materia , and a few other bugs that i stumbled apon while playing around.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-12 14:07:55 by sithlord48 »

armedcor

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2011-06-07 17:19:12 »
Maybe I'm totally missing something here but is there a way to use BC to do a full level up? I manually changed some levels when I was messing around but it doesn't seem to change any other states like HP/MP.

Really sorry If I'm asking a stupid question :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #396 on: 2011-06-07 17:34:16 »
thats done by the kernel when you level.  if you want to add some stats to level  your char then you will have to manually add them or set you exp to a point where you need only a few to level. add your "next" to your exp and then subtract a few so you "naturally level" after you next battle. that will make your stats go up. 

You can of course change your base stats (by a few points each ) to simulate a level. but its best prolly to do as described above

armedcor

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2011-06-07 17:44:41 »
Thanks very much  :)

Einder

« Reply #398 on: 2011-06-08 21:11:38 »
I'm new to the forum, and since the topic isn't closed, I thought this would be a good place for me to post this.

I downloaded Black Chocobo to edit a FF7 PC save game (why else?) and now when I'm at calm and go into the flashback sequence right after leaving midgar, The game keeps glitching out during the Sephiroth and Y.Cloud battle against the Dragon. It starts to load the battle and the crashes. This of course is using Black Chocobo v1.8. I'm running Win XP not that I think it makes much of a difference. All I've used the editor for is to up items I've run across to 99 and to max out my gil. If need be I will upload the file so someone else can try and get past it or you can see exactly what I'm talking about with the glitch. All help is much appreciated.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #399 on: 2011-06-08 21:21:51 »
I'm new to the forum, and since the topic isn't closed, I thought this would be a good place for me to post this.

I downloaded Black Chocobo to edit a FF7 PC save game (why else?) and now when I'm at calm and go into the flashback sequence right after leaving midgar, The game keeps glitching out during the Sephiroth and Y.Cloud battle against the Dragon. It starts to load the battle and the crashes. This of course is using Black Chocobo v1.8. I'm running Win XP not that I think it makes much of a difference. All I've used the editor for is to up items I've run across to 99 and to max out my gil. If need be I will upload the file so someone else can try and get past it or you can see exactly what I'm talking about with the glitch. All help is much appreciated.

hahahaha you broke your save :P...  no seriously under the game progress tab, since your at this spot in the game already simply set your progress to "clouds Flashback" and save the file. that should fix your problem.

your issues is that you don't have y.cloud and/or sephiroth set correctly, the games does not like that and freaks out as soon as it enters battle. by setting the progress to it that will set young clould and sephiroth correctly in the cait /vincent slot. before you do this you might want to export your current cait and vincent so after the flashback you can put them back in your savegame. also while your at it try 1.8.8r2 from teh link above it does handle the whole y.cloud and sephiroth better , dl the file unarchive it and put the files in the black chocobo folder replacing the older versions with the ones in the archive.

GL