Author Topic: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)  (Read 276402 times)

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
Re: [WIP/REL] Nightmare 7, Includes Hardcore and Aerith Revival
« Reply #275 on: 2013-08-26 04:13:17 »
Were you saying that  the torrent should or shouldnt contain the latest version?

And the bug with materia keeper, i  remember getting this crash a long time ago and i was not even using your mod at that time so i am quite sure it has to do with another mod, not yours...

i am also quite confident about my memory but mistakes can be made and i may be wrong but i am probably not.. and the materia keeper crash i think has nothing to do with your nightmare mod.. directly.

IamJob you have directshow or whatever the codec that ffvii requires installed right?

if you dont, fmvs will usually crash the game but you say it was crashing after the intro fmv played so i guess i cant help you with that problem than ... sorry

P.S. Does Expl Plus Materia work any differently in the nightmare mode? i noticed if 3 people have exp plus that none of them will get the diplsayed bonus experience but they will all get slightly higher than normal.

whereas with one person equipping exp plus, the other 2 members get full bonus exp but the one with it equipped does not...... strange isntt it?
« Last Edit: 2013-08-26 04:23:28 by ZaruenKosai »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #276 on: 2013-08-26 14:36:17 »
I heavily doubt the torrent has the latest flevel

I wonder what the problem with the Materia Keeper is then. I mean, it cant be a vanilla issue so I really wonder what mod could be causing it.

I'm slightly confused by the exp+ materia now.
at lvl 1 and 2, it should be 10% extra, at lvl 3 it should be 20% extra and at master ( lvl 4 ) it should be 30% extra
I know this stacks until the cap, which I forgot how high it was. the display info of the materia is probably wrong.

ZaruenKosai

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2013-08-26 16:30:29 »
I heavily doubt the torrent has the latest flevel

I wonder what the problem with the Materia Keeper is then. I mean, it cant be a vanilla issue so I really wonder what mod could be causing it.

I'm slightly confused by the exp+ materia now.
at lvl 1 and 2, it should be 10% extra, at lvl 3 it should be 20% extra and at master ( lvl 4 ) it should be 30% extra
I know this stacks until the cap, which I forgot how high it was. the display info of the materia is probably wrong.

ah well perhaps the bug is caused by not having an updated flevel?

the experience given is proper , for example .

enemy A gives 100 exp without bonus exp
with expl plus it will display enemy A gives 150 exp but my characters will get 110 exp.

this is if all 3 characters have an exp plus equipped ... (i still dont know why it displays 50% bonus exp given when its just 10% :D)

let me make sure about the other part of the bug .. maybe i made a mistake somewhere with my math.

ill test some more  to see if the 2 characters without exp plus are indeed getting more experience than the character using  one exp plus.

gonna install the updated flevel (nothing else needs updating?)  now maybe that will fix the exp plus bug..

btw sorry for all the criticism and bug reports... and no praises..

your mod IS good.... very good ,  it breathed the exact kind of fresh air i was looking for... loving the new features and difficulty...

« Last Edit: 2013-08-26 16:38:28 by ZaruenKosai »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #278 on: 2013-08-26 18:10:24 »
the experience gain is not related to the flevel at all. this is all in the kernel.

>enemy A gives 100 exp without bonus exp
>with expl plus it will display enemy A gives 150 exp but my characters will get 110 exp

You are getting the correct amount of experience. I haven't found the display data to change it but 110exp is 10% more than you normally get and that is normal while you have one exp+ with 1 star or 2 stars

I actually don't remember if you need exp+ on every character. someone else would need to answer that. But I THINK you don't.

stephen420

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2013-09-24 05:33:32 »

Says "please insert ff7 game disc 1, 2, or 3 and try again .. ugh confused

stephen420

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2013-09-24 05:35:07 »
Woops on a double post (didn't realize this was being sent to the 12th page)

i placed the "core" files in first... then the FF7 "music" folder in,, and finally the "flevel" files into the main folder

i clicked to start it .. says insert disc  .. must i mount something?? that wasn't included in the Home discussion links?
« Last Edit: 2013-09-24 05:46:37 by stephen420 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #281 on: 2013-09-24 19:11:52 »
you need the discs ( real or images ) mounted ( or in your CD drive ) to run the game
this isn't limited to my mod though, thats just how FF7 works

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2013-09-24 19:44:13 »
Or you could name a flash drive FF7DISC1.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2013-10-01 17:20:00 »
Hey Tenko, I just saw your post in the Hardcore mod thread.

Yeah, I've been looking at the Nightmare mod (I'm assuming you meant this one). One thing that's putting me off is that it requires a Bootleg installation and I'm not sure that I've got enough room left in the HDD for that or how it would affect my older mods (I'm using things like Ficedula FF7Music and an old version of Aali's Graphics).

I was reading the features bit. Is it possible to get a version of this mod that's pared down to just the battles, the kernel, etc.? Something I could just stick into a data folder and then plug n' play? I'm not really into the new graphics or music stuff, I just want the gameplay challenge. Is that possible?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #284 on: 2013-10-02 18:39:36 »
the overhaul itself doesn't include any new graphics beside the new models from gjoerulvs hardcore mod.  This mod replaces the kernel, scene.bin, flevel and the .exe as well as the music folder because it forces a new OST. bootleg doesn't require you to have the full list of mods. you can just install nightmare.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2013-10-26 23:57:23 »
Found something pretty intresting today I had ff7 installed on my pc bootlegged with nightmare conversion, then preceded to install bootleg again with all mod changing with Aries revival. This leads to some good effects, you get to keep the knightmare conversion with the changes made in that mod like character following and changes to the games text and the hidden items and extras, but the difficulty is changed to that of the phoenix rejuvination mod so in the end if want all the other great changes made by the nightmare mod but finding it too hard bootleg over the bootleg and have the best of all worlds ;D

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2013-10-27 13:58:13 »
Found something pretty intresting today I had ff7 installed on my pc bootlegged with nightmare conversion, then preceded to install bootleg again with all mod changing with Aries revival. This leads to some good effects, you get to keep the knightmare conversion with the changes made in that mod like character following and changes to the games text and the hidden items and extras, but the difficulty is changed to that of the phoenix rejuvination mod so in the end if want all the other great changes made by the nightmare mod but finding it too hard bootleg over the bootleg and have the best of all worlds ;D
Wow epic discovery that's pretty awesome :D

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #287 on: 2013-10-29 01:21:34 »
This will not work for the entire game
Namely, whenever you have to fight a 'new' ( not in vanilla ff7 ) boss, the game will crash and you wont be able to proceed
This is because you swapped out the scene.bin with another one with the bootleg re-install.

I am not going to support any problems that arise from messed up installs.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2013-10-30 20:05:51 »
This will not work for the entire game
Namely, whenever you have to fight a 'new' ( not in vanilla ff7 ) boss, the game will crash and you wont be able to proceed
This is because you swapped out the scene.bin with another one with the bootleg re-install.

I am not going to support any problems that arise from messed up installs.

Well so far I have had no problems and I am just about to fight apps in wauti so I am half way through disk 1, so I will let you know when I have finished disk 1 for witch your mod works up too let you know if there has been any crashes.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2013-10-30 21:05:27 »
Wutai isn't on disc one, you fight Apps in Midgar...

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #290 on: 2013-10-31 00:24:20 »
Wutai is enforced to be on Disc 1 and before Temple of the Ancients in this mod. You cannot start the keystone quest before you finished Wutai. I forgot if I made the Pagoda optional but it's possible I didn't or only made the last floor optional.

And I assume he means Raps, Conero's second pet ( And Wutai is near the end of CD1. It could also be he means wallmarket and Apps but that wouldn't fit with halfway-through-CD1 )
you shouldn't be able to get past the new bosses ( like, in Shinra HQ, the triple named soldier battle from Gjoerulvs Hardcore mod. Unless you have the scene set up correctly, the game would crash or start some kind of bogus battle ) if you replace the scene.bin

Just don't tamper with the mod install unless you really know how the files work together and what you're doing.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2013-10-31 01:17:05 »
Oops, yes, Raps.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2013-10-31 17:26:32 »
Wutai is enforced to be on Disc 1 and before Temple of the Ancients in this mod. You cannot start the keystone quest before you finished Wutai. I forgot if I made the Pagoda optional but it's possible I didn't or only made the last floor optional.

And I assume he means Raps, Conero's second pet ( And Wutai is near the end of CD1. It could also be he means wallmarket and Apps but that wouldn't fit with halfway-through-CD1 )
you shouldn't be able to get past the new bosses ( like, in Shinra HQ, the triple named soldier battle from Gjoerulvs Hardcore mod. Unless you have the scene set up correctly, the game would crash or start some kind of bogus battle ) if you replace the scene.bin

Just don't tamper with the mod install unless you really know how the files work together and what you're doing.

Just cleared Demons gate in the Temple of the Ancients Cloud at level 64 and still not run into any problems. What I acually done was fresh install of FF7 tehn bootlegged FF7 with nightmare conversion and the other mods I wanted, after that I proceeded to bootleg FF7 again but this time with all gameplay mods changeable including hardcore mod. So at the mo I am play it with the great chang4es of nightmare conversion but with lost wing difficulty and I have had no troubles.

YippleDipple

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2014-01-22 01:02:59 »
Hope I'm posting this in the correct thread. This SEEMS to be the Nightmare 7 thread. I need to say that I installed the mod EXACTLY as required with bootleg and all. It works wonderful (& difficult). :-) I did find a couple bugs with this mod, though.

#1 Junk Shop at Wall Market. Not a big deal, but when I entered there was a .... ghost duplicate of Aeris to the left of the entrance. No graphical glitches on screen or in the menu or otherwise. Can't interact with her, nor does she hinder movement. Similar to seeing her in her church before she disappears, but in Wall Market Junk Shop she doesn't disappear.

#2 in Train yard after climbing up from dealing with Corneo in Wall Market. There is a potion / ether / tent item on top of one of the trains. I assume this is a one time item, unless it was programmed as I found it. I acquired about 30 Ethers, 20 Tents, & maxed out my Potions. It never stopped spamming items, I just got tired of button mashing. I guess this one is better left unfixed!  :?

#3 in Shinra HQ. The room where Jenova was kept. After Seph takes her you check the black room with Holy- and a Midgar Zolom. I found a repeatable crash. Every time I had Steal+ equipped with ANY materia and then used that materia.... crash. I tried Ice and Fire.... crash. Then I purposely tried it with Analyse. Same thing... crash. After that I thought it might be the Steal+. I unequipped it & viola! No crash.

edit: I almost forgot. I always get a crash whenever game over happens, instead of 'new game / continue' screen.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-22 01:42:03 by YippleDipple »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #294 on: 2014-01-24 13:42:43 »
Glitch 1) Oh boy, I must have forgotten to put a gamemoment variable there to disable the additonal Aerith. This is related to the Aerith follow script when you first visit wall market.

glitch 2) Wat. I mean seriously, what? Is there a variable missing or something? I haven't heard about this before but that's clearly not intentional.

glitch 3) Weird. I didn't actually change the Steal+ materia, only the name. I'll look at the function and compare it to the vanilla one. Do you have any other mods installed? Because this does sound a bit like a mod conflict.

I also get the crash when I get game over but I have literally no idea what causes it. I also get that in vanilla FF7 sadly, so I have absolutely no solution.

very sorry

« Reply #295 on: 2014-01-28 21:22:43 »
Hey

this mod keeps on crashing on me all the time and i do not know why

is there anyway to fix the non stop crashing issue

The first crashed started when i entered a random battle when i was climbing the tower

and it crashed again when i first entered the world map

and it crashed on the sephiorth flash back as well

and how much longer until this mod is 100% bug free

thanks and take care

and here is my app log

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GT 630M/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
GLITCH: Unable to turn on vsync
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 760x760, output
resolution 760x570, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: H:\FF7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi;
indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames:
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
stop_sound
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=255
set music volume: 0
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 292
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
set music volume trans: 127->40, step=72
set music volume trans: 40->127, step=96
INFO: H:\FF7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\mtnvl.avi;
h264/null 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 20.000000, frames: 300
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
INFO: H:\FF7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\brgnvl.avi;
h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 13.333333, frames: 200
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 598
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
INFO: H:\FF7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\nvlmk.avi;
mpeg4/adpcm_ms 640x448, 14.999771 FPS, duration: 21.133439, frames:
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=240
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 15
ERROR: failed to find file TWAA; tried direct/battle/TWAA,
direct/battle/FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK/TWAA, battle/TWAA (LGP)
(path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: ENEMY516.D TWAA
ERROR: could not open file ENEMY516.D
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2014-01-29 02:13:56 by very sorry »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #296 on: 2014-01-29 23:02:35 »
I have not had anyone else report this so I have to assume this is on your end
Could be the mod not being installed correctly or your steam FF7 not being converted. I know my mod but I'm not good at debugging FF7 in general. Take this to the tech support please, because I have no idea what kind of problem you could have

roxas86

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2014-02-07 13:47:17 »
Hello everyone I posted my problem here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14812.0 here is perhaps more suited maybe some moderator will move it, however I have the bug / problem of hidden objects, if they I collect type 6, the save point tells me 2/10, then after a few battles 0/10, I riscaricato all the mods and has solved the problem of respawn inifito hidden object, look some advice / help. Thank you :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #298 on: 2014-02-08 00:21:20 »
I heard reports of this before but wasn't able to reproduce it so I'm not sure what causes it
Do you use the latest flevel (which you can find on my twitter) to play?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2014-02-08 01:13:10 »
Which twitter. Yours looks empty.