Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Another post with a problem - character mods work but little else  (Read 2718 times)

acidbottle

• View Profile
Hello

Seen this great app and thought id give it a bash on a brand new installation. I'm well used to modding old games inc FF VIII with no issues.

However, I think 7thheaven has beaten me and cannot fathom out why. Im using the steam edition and followed the correct tutorial on a new instal of FFVII.

Im getting the character mods to work with no issue, both field and world characters. The music mod is also okay as is the dynamic weapons and animation mods. Am not using all mods and installed each separate to locate any conflicts. The upscaled textures do not show whatsoever, tried all 3 sets. The menu overhaul, backdrops, avatars and start screen do not show either. All that changes on the menu is text is all scrunched up. Have applied the new game converter update and latest 2.1 but nothing is fixing this. Most of all I would like the field textures to work but I think Ive run out of options.

Anyone who had these and fixed them, please help!
« Last Edit: 2016-01-09 12:26:11 by acidbottle »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
All texture mods run from the ...\mods\Textures folder alongside the use of Aali's Driver (both installed with the game converter). It sounds like you need to go into your Workshop -> Settings and check Aali Modpath to be sure it is pointing to ...\mods\Textures. You should also go to your game folder and make sure ...\mods\Textures is there.

acidbottle

• View Profile
Thanks for the response.

I do recall an error on first running game converter, something about registry keys. I re-ran the converter with no errors on the 2nd time, though I did have to manually create the bootleg folder you describe, its currently empty to! Didnt need to manually create a texture folder but this is currently also empty. All the downloaded mods appear in the 7th heaven folder, for trial and error purposes I threw the field pack textures into the texture folder but it made no difference :)

I assume after all this that this aali driver is causing the problems. I reran the converter and overwritten but alas nothing much changes.

acidbottle

• View Profile
Very sorry, I feel like such a fool!

I double checked the tutorial and noticed the aali path is the /textures folder and not /bootleg.

All is working now as intended but if anyone else is having issues, double check those settings!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
I need to change the default auto setting for Aali Modpath from bootleg to Textures. That's a bit confusing for new users.