Author Topic: Resolution / Fullscreen problem  (Read 2202 times)

Ademos

• View Profile
Resolution / Fullscreen problem
« on: 2018-03-12 09:52:57 »
Hello there folks,

I have a kind of strange problem with my 7H.

No matter what I insert into the OpenGL driver configuration, my game starts in a 640x480 window. It does not change anything when I change the Window Size X/Y and it does not change anything when I check the Full Screen box. Running 7H as Administrator did not help. Putting ff7_bc.exe into any kind of compatibility mode also did not work.

I am running the Steam Version, "upgraded" via GameConverter, Windows 10 Pro x64.

dili

• View Profile
Re: Resolution / Fullscreen problem
« Reply #1 on: 2018-03-13 21:26:46 »
hi Ademos,

please share your ff7_opengl.cfg so we can tell if there's a problem

thanks

dili

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-03-14 04:16:55 »
hey, actually the same problem just happened to me! i was playing around in the old FF7Config.exe and suddenly the game was always launching in full-screen, 640x480.

the problem was solved by rerunning FF7_GameConverter_7H and choosing the (O) overwrite option. follow the rest of the game converter instructions as usual. to be honest, i don't know what settings it's overriding, maybe something in the registry? but it brought back my settings from ff7_opengl.cfg when launching the game from inside 7H.

hope that fixes your problem!

Ademos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-03-14 17:49:16 »
Hello there dili

the ff7_opengl.cfg was also my first idea to check. I tried all kinds of options there, window size of 0, window size of >0. preserve_aspect on/off, fullscreen on/off.
In the end I decided to uninstall every single thing of Final Fantasy VII I had installed and try a fresh start again. This seems to have worked now. But it still is strange that I just could not change the resolution somehow.

Thank you for your answer by the way.  ;)

dili

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-03-15 16:38:09 »
glad i could help out in any way!

yes, i agree it's strange. next time something like that happens, you can simply run the game converter with the overwrite option instead of reinstalling the whole game. it will be much faster.