Author Topic: FF7 7Th Heaven : the faster way to test mods  (Read 2431 times)

markul

• View Profile
FF7 7Th Heaven : the faster way to test mods
« on: 2019-12-09 12:05:35 »
Hi
Making mods for 7th heaven, i have had the incovenients that everytime i change something and i need to check the results i must: unninstal the mod, create the chunks of the flevel(7 chunks in my case  :( ),create the iro, install the mod and activate it. ¿its any other way to do this process faster?

Thanks  :)

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 7Th Heaven : the faster way to test mods
« Reply #1 on: 2019-12-09 20:04:14 »
you can work from an unchunked flevel while making changes, and have the entire mod in a folder then in 7th heaven go library tab -> import -> from folder. select your mod folder, enter a name, and hit ok. you will have to reimport the folder every time you make a change, but this atleast saves a few steps.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-09 20:08:02 by UpRisen »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: 2019-12-10 03:30:16 »
Modding the flevel is not exclusive to 7H. Modding it came way before 7H was created.

Just place the flevel.lgp in the direct\flevel folder and check your results ingame. Once you've created what you want, break it into chunks and make an IRO for it. Then give it one final test.

Similar to UpRisen's suggestion, can directly place an IRO structured folder into the mods\7th Heaven folder and launch 7H. It will appear in the menu to Activate, skipping the Import process from within 7H.
« Last Edit: 2019-12-10 03:34:50 by EQ2Alyza »

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-12-10 18:00:39 »
Modding the flevel is not exclusive to 7H. Modding it came way before 7H was created.

Just place the flevel.lgp in the direct\flevel folder and check your results ingame. Once you've created what you want, break it into chunks and make an IRO for it. Then give it one final test.

Similar to UpRisen's suggestion, can directly place an IRO structured folder into the mods\7th Heaven folder and launch 7H. It will appear in the menu to Activate, skipping the Import process from within 7H.

Yes i know , of course if i only modify the flevel  i dont need to check it with the 7thheaven,the problem is that i have a lot of files modified(for example: field backgrounds) and the only way that i known to apply this modifications, is with 7th heaven.
But every change that i do i need to check it O_o

Thanks!
Im gonna try to copy the folder in mods\7thheaven and see if it works :)

you can work from an unchunked flevel while making changes, and have the entire mod in a folder then in 7th heaven go library tab -> import -> from folder. select your mod folder, enter a name, and hit ok. you will have to reimport the folder every time you make a change, but this atleast saves a few steps.
Ok,well,  the "chunk process" are  7 steps,so for me its great xD , im gonna try it  .Thank you very much !

Edit:I tried to use an unchunked flevel(in many ways:in the flevel.lgp folder ,out of it...) ,but didnt work :(  I will search more info in the forum ,thanks anyway :)
Edit:2:Well , what i finally do is ,import the folder ,and modify directly in the folder that generates in mods\7thheaven folder , for now i only change scripts in the flevel,so for now i only replace chunk 1 .
For me works and its more faster than before xD Thanks again.

« Last Edit: 2019-12-11 17:36:42 by markul »