Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825705 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7350 on: 2018-11-08 22:16:54 »
Got turned off from the mod a while back after constantly dying on the new Jenova fight at the end of disc 2, thinking of starting from that again.

- Is there a way other than looking at stat disparities to see what build supplements you've taken from the save point guy for each character?
- Can you subvert Jenova's disabling of character revival somehow?

No to the first one, but an option was added for the 2nd one. When approaching Aeris on the altar, there's a dialogue option that pops up during the scene; pick the top option.

TadGhostal99

• View Profile
« Reply #7351 on: 2018-11-09 03:56:27 »
Flevel patch? Like fixed level?

EvenThen

• View Profile
« Reply #7352 on: 2018-11-09 06:13:33 »
No to the first one, but an option was added for the 2nd one. When approaching Aeris on the altar, there's a dialogue option that pops up during the scene; pick the top option.

I meant the thing in the boss battle where it makes your character undead, and then you can't revive the character if they die.

ArsusFH

• View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: 2018-11-09 10:18:04 »
Hey im not sure if this was covered already but after i got the mystile from the dead guy (dark cave sidequest) i went to the exit of the cave and it teleported me to the ancient forest map. Now i can´t access my chocobo or airship since i left them at the bone village so it seems that i´m stuck in the cosmo canyon area... its kinda sad since i wanted to finish the game, anyway i hope you can somehow help me.

Also sorry if this was already covered :|

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7354 on: 2018-11-09 14:22:25 »
Hey im not sure if this was covered already but after i got the mystile from the dead guy (dark cave sidequest) i went to the exit of the cave and it teleported me to the ancient forest map. Now i can´t access my chocobo or airship since i left them at the bone village so it seems that i´m stuck in the cosmo canyon area... its kinda sad since i wanted to finish the game, anyway i hope you can somehow help me.

use the save editor black chocobo. With it open your save and go to the location tab, select bone village field, then tic the box that says "save location changes". Save and open your game and youll be back.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: 2018-11-10 01:21:35 »
Flevel patch? Like fixed level?

flevel is a file in the game that contains the fields used by the game (dialogue, backgrounds, action scripts, etc). I should call it field patch instead.

I meant the thing in the boss battle where it makes your character undead, and then you can't revive the character if they die.

Not sure how long ago you played, but the effect was made into single-target rather than party-wide. When the afflicted character dies, it's used on another character. There's no way to subvert it but can keep them going for longer using MBarrier and elemental healing if that's available.

Is this the 7H version? Older versions were missing the walkmesh chunk which was causing it to use the default exit data. Best bet for fix is to use save editor but watch out for the save-editing protection on Steam version; only make changes when launcher is open and then save game once you're playing game to make it secure.

If this happened on the latest 7H IRO that I uploaded a few days ago then let me know.

TadGhostal99

• View Profile
« Reply #7356 on: 2018-11-11 01:44:10 »
flevel is a file in the game that contains the fields used by the game (dialogue, backgrounds, action scripts, etc). I should call it field patch instead.

Aw. I was super excited for a minute thinking there was like an always level 99 version going around where you start maxed stats and fight max stats enemies.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: 2018-11-12 21:04:47 »
Hey, I just started this up again and had a question. I remember playing the 1.3 release a while back, and when I ranked up I'd get a lot more sources. Right now in 1.5 I'm only getting 3 for the main stat and 2 or 1 for the others.

Not sure if this has been addressed already or is intended.

Tried looking for an answer but couldn't find anything. Any answer is appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just noticed the rank ups are correct. The sources themselves are changed obviously.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-12 21:22:44 by Lukey_Bug »

anti_ohme

• View Profile
"No files to be patched" problem
« Reply #7358 on: 2018-11-14 11:37:40 »
Hey mate. Getting a very perplexing problem where the installer isn't recognising the files inside the data folder. It says there are no files there to be patched! I am 100% clicking on the data folder, running the installer as admin and have tried patching it on the desktop... still the getting the same error. Any help would be amazing as I want to try the newest version of the mod!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2018-11-14 11:59:45 by anti_ohme »

HolyOkami

• View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: 2018-11-14 15:19:35 »
I have a problem with the rank system, Mr Smile gives me only 3 sources or 2 or 1 depends what rank option i choose maybe thats because 1 sources gives 5 stats but when i use it and check the stats they just gained 1 stat from each source  :-\ i dont understand.

EDIT : I am using Steam's FF7 version, with July 17th NT 1.5 + November 6th Hot fix patch.

EDIT2: Nevermind, i fixed it  :)
« Last Edit: 2018-11-14 17:13:44 by HolyOkami »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7360 on: 2018-11-14 20:58:32 »
Hey mate. Getting a very perplexing problem where the installer isn't recognising the files inside the data folder. It says there are no files there to be patched! I am 100% clicking on the data folder, running the installer as admin and have tried patching it on the desktop... still the getting the same error. Any help would be amazing as I want to try the newest version of the mod!

Cheers!

The installation destination was changed slightly; it's now the FinalFantasyVII folder directory that's 1 level above the Data folder (this is so the installer can patch the .exe as well). Sorry about the confusion, the videos, etc. still list Data folder as the destination.

anti_ohme

• View Profile
« Reply #7361 on: 2018-11-14 21:26:11 »
Ahhh haha no worries mate! it's worked now :) Cheers

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #7362 on: 2018-11-16 16:10:32 »
Do you think you can add the custom enemies from "Hardcore Mod" to "New Threat Mod"? They perfectly belong in this one rather than the other one. There really should be switching content between "Hardcore" and "New Threat".

I'll give some examples of 'Hardcore Mod' enemies that should have been in 'New Threat Mod':

-The yellow flying bugs that are recolored from the ones in Wutai, they appear in Corel
-The red gargoyles (are the red version of the monster around the city of the ancients in there too?)(what about the red balls?)
-The green spider in the ancient forest, and i think the green sweeper in the jungle/reactor area as well
-A weird version of that 'mace guy' enemy around the Nibel area, has a strange head
-Is the blue turtle in "Hardcore" or "New Threat"?
-The new black card guys up in the great glacier, are the new ones in the crater in 'Hardcore' too?
-A recolored version of that plant enemy that has three forms
-A gold version of the dog type enemy at Wutai, appears in the materia cave
-Are the purple magnet enemies in 'Hardcore' or 'New Threat'?
-The yellow spiders are in 'New Threat' right?, were there ever red spiders?
-The stronger red crabs with the giant bird
-The green version of the armored guy with the sword
-The yellow battery guys rather than just the gray ones up in the crater, i thought this was in "New Threat", no it's "Hardcore"
-The bees in the sewers, i thought this was "New Threat" too, but i didn't see them the last time i checked
-Fix the texture-less large elephant model up in the northern continent, make it a large white elephant

All of those i would like to see put in the 'New Threat' from the 'Hardcore', everything except for that large elephant model that unfortunately does not work.

Changes i would like to see in 'New Threat', because it seems to be a waste of new enemies:

-Make the blue octopus enemies appear as regular enemies rather than just with Jenova I
-Make the recolored enemies including both the octopus and the squid enemies with Hojo (they were recolored too)
-Swap the models of the two octopus/squid enemies with the ones in the sunken airship
-Make the red golem guys with the big swords appear as regular enemies, (nothing to do with either mod)

New enemies (color schemes) i would like to see:

-Another color variation for the 'Spencer' enemy
-Another color variation for the propeller guys, preferably a new stronger enemy
-More higher level ghosts in the lost jungle reactor area
-A new area on the path in Corel that leads to nothing, just re-use another map the way they do in great glacier
-A new area in Mideel, on the path on the other side of the hospital that leads to nothing, (would require a patch)
-Remove the 'Aeris Death Scene' if you get her back in your party
-Add the Ho-chu enemy (the one that was left out and only appears at Battle Square) if you havn't already, i'm sure you did

That is all i can think of. Did i miss enemies from the 'Hardcore Mod' that did not appear in the 'New Threat' mod?
« Last Edit: 2018-11-16 21:32:24 by Abashi76 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7363 on: 2018-11-16 19:54:40 »
I think it's better that the two mods stay separate; if the enemies appear in both, then it makes the experience of playing through one of them a little less unique. Mashing them together wouldn't be a good idea anyway; hardcore enemies would need downtuned to go into NT, and NT enemies would need tuned up to go into hardcore. Not just the stats, but the attacks and AI.

Only thing I'd change about hardcore mod is maybe lowering the number of pincer formations in random encounter lists. That one in Ancient Forest with the spectres is deadly.

Lukey_Bug

• View Profile
« Reply #7364 on: 2018-11-16 23:17:58 »
Is there an updated enemy skill list? Because the where is it file isn't jiving with what i found in game.

Edit: as examples, it said Alpha was from the Midgar Zolom, but I got Beta. Time Flare wasn't mentioned but I obtained it from the dragon on Gaeas cliff, etc
« Last Edit: 2018-11-16 23:20:59 by Lukey_Bug »

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #7365 on: 2018-11-17 15:03:06 »
I think it's better that the two mods stay separate; if the enemies appear in both, then it makes the experience of playing through one of them a little less unique. Mashing them together wouldn't be a good idea anyway; hardcore enemies would need downtuned to go into NT, and NT enemies would need tuned up to go into hardcore. Not just the stats, but the attacks and AI.

But, some of them would be perfect for the New Threat Mod. You know which ones i listed right? I don't understand why certain enemies in the Hardcore Mod shouldn't be in the New Threat Mod instead! I was actually suggesting you switch some of the content. The Hardcore Mod was originally supposed to be a difficulty mod while New Threat Mod was supposed to be about new enemies. Because of that, it makes perfect sense to add custom enemies from Hardcore Mod to be in New Threat mod instead while moving difficulty settings in New Threat Mod for enemies in the original game to the Hardcore Mod. I was actually suggesting you switch certain content from the Hardcore Mod to be in the New Threat Mod instead in a newer version. Why would some of these examples such as yellow bugs & red gargoyles & etc.... from the Hardcore Mod and the blue mantis & red hungrys etc.... for the New Threat Mod any different? They belong together, i just don't get it.

Also, it would be also important to actually use certain recolored enemies, (in which i have only two examples for,) to be normal enemy encounters rather than being a part of a boss. I was suggesting you would switch the rainbow colored squids/octopi with the new color scheme in the Hojo fight and add the blue Octopi that appeared with Jenova as a new encounter to be either a boss in a materia cave or a new enemy encounter.

Only thing I'd change about hardcore mod is maybe lowering the number of pincer formations in random encounter lists. That one in Ancient Forest with the spectres is deadly.

I'm pretty sure at least the Hardcore mod added them. I tried to do that myself before, but it turned out to be a failure. It would be a perfect idea to add them to the 'Ancient Forest' in both mods.

My response in purple and blue, i'll bold the most important parts. I'm going to argue about this, because it makes no sense why you would choose to put certain custom enemies that would be perfect in the New Threat Mod into the Hardcore Mod instead. Is it because those enemies were rejected from the original game?; if that's why then your decision would make sense.

Also, it would make sense to use certain recolored enemies as new enemy encounters rather than just be a part of a boss, and i had only two examples that combine to three different recolored enemy sprites. Switching the sunken airship rainbow colored enemies with the new colors should be simple to understand, while the ones that appear with Jenova could have appeared as regular enemies or their own boss battle somewhere else.

Get it? I was suggesting you switch content for new enemies from the Hardcore Mod to the New Threat Mod, and difficulty mods from the New Threat Mod to the Hardcore Mod.

Oh, i almost forgot to ask:

Unfortunately, i was unable the FF7 model program known as Kimera to work. Can you help me get it to work? Would i need a different computer (i can give you the error message if you ask me to, i just don't want to waste my time if you cant help)? If i got it to work ....

Would i have your permission to use certain content (mostly new enemies) from your two mods for my own mod to make it what i think it should be? If so ....

I have made a difficulty mod before on my laptop, but my current attempt is not working even after i replace the Kernal.bin file; and this happened because i used Proud Clod this time, and Hojo the last time.

My simple difficulty mod would be:

-New ability names rather than "2" or "3" for stronger magic abilities such as "Mega" or "Giga"
-Increase MP costs for a few earlier abilities by '1'
-Make the 'Enemy Skills' materia give -10% to HP and MP because it's overpowered
-Certain summons, which would be; Shiva, Ramuh, & Titan require a level up before being usable
-The summon 'Nights of the Round' requires a 1000 MP so you'll need the HP/MP switch materia
-Sources can no longer be morphed from common enemy encounters other than in the sunken airship
-Rename "Mind Source" to "Spirit Source" because the two names "Magic" and "Mind" are confusing
-Rename "Full Cure" to "Recover"
-Increase power for under-powered enemies such as the Shinra Soldiers by a large amount
-Make certain annoying enemy encounters less common than better ones
-Switch the prize "Omnislash" with the price "Final Attack"
-Change certain accessory abilities so that none of them either become obsolete or overpowered
-New items, and modified item abilities; including double healing in battles from potions
-Much harder boss fights for the last two fights before the final boss
-Add some of the difficulty modding from the "Hardcore Mod" to my difficulty mod

All of that, i can do myself as long as somebody tells me how to fix the Kernal.bin file to make all the battles work.

My hope for a perfect mod would be:

-Most of the custom enemies from both the "Hardcore" and "New Threat" mods appear as new encounters
-Most of the custom attacks from both the "Hardcore" and "New Threat" mods
-Add new areas to the game, especially replace all the extra black screens with new maps
-Change enemy encounters on the world map, and add more places in the world map to enter
-Bring Medeel back once you get to the Disc3 part of the game
-Remove the Areis' Death CGI scene if you get to keep her in your party (would it be possible to have it as a second variable?)
-Expand the game by adding certain maps more than once like they do in the "Great Glacier"
-Change certain sprite usage in the Chocobo races, player replaces the pink rather than the green chocobo
-Replace the Gold Chocobo with the White Chocobo, and add new colors red and purple
-New abilities split between the two materia : Ultima and Full-Cure
-Make it possible to escape the crater just before the final boss and only fight the final boss after you jump down again

..... it actually should be possible because of all the other weird stuff you did.

....., should i explain it differently?
« Last Edit: 2018-11-17 15:31:22 by Abashi76 »

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: 2018-11-17 15:41:19 »
They’re 2 different mods made by 2 different authors. Pretty sure they designed them this way because they want to make their own standalone mod on their own. Feel free to try and customize the encounter tables yourself, but I doubt SC plans to alter anything. NT is it’s own mod, end of story.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: 2018-11-17 16:41:35 »
Would i have your permission to use certain content (mostly new enemies) from your two mods for my own mod to make it what i think it should be? If so ....

There's been a misunderstanding here, I didn't make both mods. I made New Threat, Gjoerulv made Hardcore. You can use models from New Threat, but you'd need to ask Gjoerulv if you want to use Hardcore models.

As for Kimera, I posted the steps in your old thread; there's no way around it, dependency files need to be registered via the Command Line to get it to work on modern PCs: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17957.25

As for making the kernel.bin work, open the game's scene.bin using proud clod tool (PrC) and when saving, it'll prompt to check the kernel. Click yes (direct it to the kernel location if it can't find it) and then confirm again if it finds the kernel's look-up tables require adjustment. It checks the 1998 PC location by default which is data/kernel, whereas the Steam version's kernel is in data/lang-en/kernel so keep that in mind.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: 2018-11-17 17:30:11 »
Hello guys.

First of all, I really love this mod. Playing my favorite game of all times in this new setting is an amazing experience. So a big thank you for that for the builders of this mod.

I'm already really far into the game, but I've experiencied a few bugs. Since I'm terrible at figuiring out how to restore them, I really need some help of one of you guys.

First of all, I cannot play Tifa's final quest, when I come to the reactor, altough the teacher is there, he's only saying something in the sence of 'good luck and be carefull' or something like that as if it's already accomplished. ( I also spoke with the guy in the Higwind to reset quests but he only talks about resetting Cid's quest.)

Second, I now try to go into the Dark Cave, but at the moment I'm there, after the first conversation between Barrett and Cloud is finished it instantly freezes and I cannot move.

Just encoutered another one.. when fighting Carmine Weapon the game freezes when I kill one of his eyes, the time still going further but when reaching 0 seconds it doesn´t result in a Game Over it just stays on 00:00

I play FF VII steam with the 7th heaven modder and selected the NT mod from the 'Gameplay - difficulty and story' mod.

Would be very grateful to get some quick and clear advice of this matter..

Big thanks.

Denny
« Last Edit: 2018-11-17 20:36:20 by DFR66 »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: 2018-11-17 20:50:44 »
From what I remember the 7th heaven gameplay version is really out of date. Try downloading the IRO from the first page and manually adding that in and see if that fixes your problem. Warning though, there have been many changes so things may be different

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: 2018-11-17 21:38:09 »
I deactivated the 'Gameplay - difficulty and story' mod and added the mod you mentioned,  and you are right alot of changes there, but still the Tifa Limit lvl 4 quest and the Dark Cave quest act the same..

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: 2018-11-17 22:59:55 »
Model changes seem to break the first field of the dark cave quest. If you disable the main character field model iro it will let you get past.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: 2018-11-17 23:12:05 »
Thanks alot UpRisen i´ll try that out. Something else in the ´where is that thing.txt´ it says you should get a speed plus, magic plus and a luck plus from the Junon Leagues but even now with the new NT mod I installed I don´t get them.. are these prizes outdated or is this also not the way it should be.. thanks in advance.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: 2018-11-18 02:01:38 »
I think the issue is that the old version had a var trigger problem (which is used to handle the event), which means this var will still be flipped even when updating to the newer versions.

DFR66

• View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: 2018-11-18 11:15:24 »
I think the issue is that the old version had a var trigger problem (which is used to handle the event), which means this var will still be flipped even when updating to the newer versions.

So does that mean there is no solution to fix this?

What would happen if I play the game again from the beginning on hard difficulty do you think that would fix it? And are there enough cool changes to play the game all over again? (Not that I think playing over on hard difficulty specifically would fix it, but I mean new game in general. Hard difficulty because I did the normal difficulty before)

Also, just tried the Dark Cave with the field models changed to normal and still freezes... Sega Chief any way you can help me?
« Last Edit: 2018-11-18 11:37:32 by DFR66 »