Author Topic: got a question about making materia in wallmarket  (Read 3985 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
So is it possible to add some or all of the Sephiroth boss attacks usable for Materia?  Can I copy and paste the properties from proudclod to wallmarket?  Like animation id numbers and what not?  I figured people would like an alternate way to use them when I take time to tweak Cloud's battle model during his limit animations.  Might look a little weird to have him miss half of his hair if I can't figure out a way to make it roughly work lol.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: got a question about making materia in wallmarket
« Reply #1 on: 2018-04-16 03:01:14 »
If you can add 78 to the animation index and still be in the range of 0-255 then yes. However, you still won't get Super Nova to work. That relies on an asset that exist only in the swirling heavens battle background.

That only works on the PC version, btw. The PSX has different offset, but I'm not sure what it is.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-16 03:03:11 by NFITC1 »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-04-16 03:27:51 »
Thanks also is there a materia modding guide around I can use to work with?  Having issues getting the attacks to show up.  Also sadly I know about Supernova.  Someone managed to get the original Japanese one to work on PSX.  Sadly it seems the pc one is missing into oblivion lol.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2018-04-16 04:18:24 »
You can't introduce NEW magic actions past index 53. Then you'll have to make sure the spell order (In the Initial Data tab) has the new action in the menu that you want it.

Super nova can work with more effort, but that takes a degree of modding outside of WM's scope. That would require some heavy exe editing. I once did some minor editing of the Ultima animation, but the code is so convoluted that it wasn't really worth the effort. Getting Supernova to work anywhere might be worth it, however. Sadly, the function to take a snapshot of the background doesn't exist (you might be able to hijack whatever method Odin uses to take 2D stills of actors, but even that makes assumptions) and it makes a lot of assumptions about targets. All of which are true in unmodded, but hard to change by hex editing.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-04-16 04:32:59 »
So is there a way to tell what number is needed to make it work?  I tried placing three on them on 123 to 125.  Do I have to use 54 and 55 to make it work?

Edit: So I think I got it need to edit the last two slots and have it show in the menu.  So basically I only have room to make two unique ones since master pulls up 0-55.  The index seems to have another two even though it has room for only 54 and 55.  Unless the 57 is an error.

Edit 2: So didn't seem to work.  To save myself some headache maybe I'll try the libre limit edit or and try to make them limits instead.  Later I'll rework the original spells and Materia probably.
« Last Edit: 2018-04-16 05:13:25 by genesis063 »

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2018-04-16 13:17:32 »
Master Magic doesn't pull magics past 53. 54 and 55 are dummy actions probably used by developers to test certain death animations or just to get through the game faster.
You cannot add new magic actions. Doing so would screw up so much.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-04-16 20:02:30 »
That's what I was saying.  It's weird it says up to 55 even though it only does up to 53.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2018-04-16 21:09:33 »
That's because there are 56 entries in the order table, but only room for 54 in the magic window.