Author Topic: [FF8-PCSTEAM] Stats mod? <Solved>  (Read 3384 times)

Hazedge

• View Profile
[FF8-PCSTEAM] Stats mod? <Solved>
« on: 2018-06-24 18:42:02 »
Hey guys, I really wanted to know if it is possible to modify the character's base stats and growing amount while leveling.
I don't know how the programing works, things like: 8A 14 4D F9 E0 CF 01  (someone have a dictionary for this? rofl hahaha)

Im doing this kind of gameplay:
The only part Junctions will take effect are the elemental and status effects, no magic would be spent on parameters like STR, HP and such. In doing so, the character's would have some unique characteristics about their stats... Squall would have high STR, so is Irvine with STR+SPD. Rinoa would have high MAG, so is Selphie when using Limit Break and so on...

Aside from Junctioning stats, it would be aceptable to use abilities buff like STR+40%.

Well, thats my gameplay style, in order to make it happen I wanted to understand how this works and try to do it myself.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2018-07-26 18:12:50 by Hazedge »

Girl next door

• View Profile
Re: [FF8-PCSTEAM] Stats mod?
« Reply #1 on: 2018-06-25 08:08:28 »
You can do that easily with the tool Doomtrain. You'll find it in the "Tools" section of the forum.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-06-26 00:42:19 »
That sounds like exactly what I need, but maybe this is a noobish question hahaha: can't find the Kernel.bin file, where is it?

Girl next door

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-06-26 15:29:12 »
You have to extract it with Deling. It's in the main.fs in Final Fantasy VIII/Data/lang(your language)

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-07-02 08:29:57 »
Hey guys, I've done some big changes with this, its really awesome!
I could change the characters stats (make then more unique now), changed their EXP needed to LvUp and all Magics, Abilities, Moves and Limit Breaks have Break Damage Limit (using the break HP Limit mod as well makes the game really interesting), but now I'm facing some problems and needed help with then.

1 - When trying to change the GF's abilities, they get bugged ingame, some was left empty and others arent what I've programed with Doomtrain. (not a reeeally big issue though, but it would be fun to have this working properly)

2 - This one is weird, I've gone to Zell's limit break tab and increased his Attack Power + Break Damage Limit. After doing so, when he lands his Duel ingame, it does multiple hits (I didnt touched the Hit Count in Doomtrain) and the animation got stuck, forcing me to alt+F4

EDIT:
How can I change the enemies stats as well? HP, STR and others?

EDIT2:
I discovered that Zell's limit break only get buggy if I activate the Break Damage Limit, increasing his Attack Power doesnt do anything wrong.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-03 11:18:53 by Hazedge »

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-07-05 08:00:41 »
Saw another bug with Rinoa's Combine Limit Break.
I tried to change the dmg from Physical to Magical, when it gets ingame the animation got stuck doing multiple damage, forcing to alt+F4 the game.
Are there some limitations to what I can and can't do with Doomtrain perhaps?

Spoiler: show
« Last Edit: 2018-07-05 08:09:47 by Hazedge »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-07-07 06:50:04 »
EDIT:
How can I change the enemies stats as well? HP, STR and others?

For this you need another tool, Ifrit. It can edit the various com.dat files inside the battle.fs (don't remember if you need to extract them first, though, it's been a while since I last used it). Anyway the files com000.dat to com143.dat each contain one enemy from the game.

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2018-07-15 13:10:10 »
For this you need another tool, Ifrit. It can edit the various com.dat files inside the battle.fs (don't remember if you need to extract them first, though, it's been a while since I last used it). Anyway the files com000.dat to com143.dat each contain one enemy from the game.
i'm working on a mod that i'm already up to v12 on, where the main thing i've done is Fixed all the Stats that originally weren't going up as the bosses / enemies level... if you wanna try it out, otherwise make sure you backup all files... cause ifrit has been giving me issues on about 3 bosses + a few randoms... where i got corrupted files and had to restore the orig... one of them i've tried a few times but no luck so far at making my changes without breaking it, luckily it's not a big deal for the one in question...

using DELING Field EDITOR... You Extract / Repack files from inside either:

battle.fs - scene.out for use with Cactilio Battle Scene Editor... Since you gotta set their LEVELS in there...
 and the individual enemy files mentioned above for IFRIT Enemy Editor... (c0m143.dat ...etc)

main.fs - kernel.bin - kernel mods using doomtrain...
« Last Edit: 2018-07-15 13:13:42 by qotsaninsoadkorn »