Author Topic: Disabling The Reunion Mod - Re-enabling Classic UI  (Read 3361 times)

Menkhor

• View Profile
Hey guys, I'm new here and first of all I have to say thanks to all the modders and for all work that has been done to make this incredible game a little more playable in 2019. My installation went smoothly and I am having a blast!

However, I'm hoping someone can provide some assistance with an issue I'm having after installing the The Reunion - Menu Overhaul and Beacause mods. The game runs fine, but I've decided that I miss the old UI and menus too much. I tried to Deactivate (and later Uninstall) the mods, and I remembered to switch my path back to the original FF7.exe in the settings. The problem is, after pointing back to the FF7.exe, the game won't launch at all. No error message, 7H just locks up. It will only be responsive again if I kill the FF7.exe process in Task Manager, at which point 7H will give an error (about a lack of memory, presumably because I killed the process) and work again. I tried pointing back to the FF7_bc.exe file, and the game will launch no problem, but with the mods uninstalled the UI is now all out of alignment.

If anyone could give me some assistance with this, I would appreciate it. Being able to switch between the (very pretty! :P) modded UI and the classic one would be awesome!

PS: And I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place, and it should be under The Reunion/Beacause mod thread... feel free to move it.

Thanks!  8)
« Last Edit: 2019-07-04 23:35:11 by Menkhor »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Disabling The Reunion Mod - Re-enabling Classic UI
« Reply #1 on: 2019-07-05 07:14:20 »
You can't launch ff7_bc.exe without the Beacause option enabled in "The Reunion - Menu Overhaul and Beacause." They both coincide. If one or the other isn't used, the UI will be misaligned. Reason being is because the box width and height are realigned based upon the new text changes from Beacause.

If you're using MO only, then set ff7_mo.exe as the FF7 Exe. If you wait just a bit longer (this month), the next Catalog 3.0 will be releasing with hext implementation for The Reunion. You won't need to set different .exe. Just download, activate, configure, and launch with the 1.02 ff7.exe from the Game Converter. If you want to go back to classic, exit the game, configure (no change) or deactivate, and launch again.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-05 07:15:58 by EQ2Alyza »

Menkhor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-07-05 21:11:00 »
Hey EQ2Alyza, thanks for the reply!

You can't launch ff7_bc.exe without the Beacause option enabled in "The Reunion - Menu Overhaul and Beacause." They both coincide. If one or the other isn't used, the UI will be misaligned. Reason being is because the box width and height are realigned based upon the new text changes from Beacause.

I am aware of this, which is why I switched back to the "default" FF7.exe in the settings after Deactivating and Uninstalling BOTH MO and Beacause. The issue is that the default FF7.exe won't launch, not the FF7_bc.exe. If I reinstall the mods and launch FF7_bc.exe again, everything is fine, but  I'm trying to go back to the default UI configuration but keep all of the other mods.

If I launch FF7.exe manually, the game launches fine but without any mods, obviously. The freeze up happens only in 7H when I click Launch game, and am pointing towards the "default" FF7.exe (AFTER Deactivating BOTH MO and Beacause).

I hope this is a bit clearer now. Thanks for the help!  :)

PS:
After some more testing, it appears that MO is causing this issue. When I Deactivate and Uninstall both of the mods, but then later reinstall them, the Menu Overhaul box is automatically selected. My guess so far is that MO is not properly removing itself when I click on Deactivate. Also, Deactivating only Because and launching with ff7_mo.exe has no issues, so I'm leaning towards MO being the problem.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: 2019-07-05 21:55:49 by Menkhor »

Menkhor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-07-17 03:22:17 »
*Shameless bump*

Any further assistance with this? I may try a clean reinstall soon and see if it reoccurs.. or just forget about it and continue on with the MO.  :|

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2019-07-17 19:37:05 »
It looks like your normal exe is perhaps not patched properly.

Dare I say it I will be suggesting you get a new exe using the game convertor tool.  as I understand now why that gets suggested since it makes advising people far easier.

Or you can get the stock exe from the english/usa disc version of the game, patch it with 1.02 patch, aali, mdef fix, chocobo race fix and you should be good from that point as well, maybe needing to configure aali config file tho.  game convertor does all this for you tho.

I am working on the menu overhaul to try and address its deficiencies, as the stock Ui does do some things better.  I have already e.g. made it so fury and sadness colours show again in the battle UI on limit bar.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-17 19:38:59 by Chrysalis »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2019-07-17 22:59:06 »
Please share these fixes with the public when you have a chance. It helps everyone and builds better community :)