Author Topic: Using the high quality Cloud model in game?  (Read 51906 times)

Goku7

• View Profile
Using the high quality Cloud model in game?
« Reply #50 on: 2004-06-26 20:05:06 »
Ok, ok, so I finally broke down and tried using LGP Tools to apply the patch, dispite the fact that the last time I'd ever used it, I couldn't get the program to work.

I"m pleasantly surprised to say that it worked without problems.  The new model looks NICE with 4x FSAA enabled.

Of course, now that we have a working battle model patch, perhaps some attention should be turned to the Buster Sword model?  Currently it's only vertex shaded, but we could use like 2 textures to turn it into a high-detail model, like that seen on the box....now that'd be cool. :D

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2004-06-27 07:10:45 »
is it possible to apply textures to objects which dont already have them w/out making the object disapear?  Or would we just have to discard the color info and tell the sword model to accept a texture within a 3d proggie?

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2004-06-27 21:58:48 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele
is it possible to apply textures to objects which dont already have them w/out making the object disapear?  Or would we just have to discard the color info and tell the sword model to accept a texture within a 3d proggie?

That was kinda what I was getting at with my suggestion to texture map the Buster Sword -- remove all the info in the .p files regarding its vertex shading, and (using info from other model parts that have textures to figure out how to store the new texture data correctly for FF7), instead tell it to use a custom texture map (if anyone can get a good detailed scan of the detail seen in the rendering of the sword in the box art, then we should use that).

-edit-

Oh, and by the way:

Did anyone notice that the hi-res Cloud model seems to have each of its fingers INDIVIDUALLY RENDERED (read: not a block with lines that are supposed to indicate spaces between fingers, but actual spaces inbetween fingers)?  I noticed that the other day, and I think that's totally awesome that it has that kinda detail. :D

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2004-06-27 22:51:38 »
Did anyone notice that the hi-res Cloud model seems to have each of its fingers INDIVIDUALLY RENDERED (read: not a block with lines that are supposed to indicate spaces between fingers, but actual spaces inbetween fingers)? I noticed that the other day, and I think that's totally awesome that it has that kinda detail.

A major improvement!
Now, just do that with all the other main characters, and we'd be all set =P

Shame it wasn't done even for battles...

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #54 on: 2004-06-27 23:12:02 »
I'm guessing that there was one TrueCloud model (Used for the movies) and we are getting reduced version of that model. The hi-res cloud is pretty much the same as the FMV version. I'm guessing that somewhere locked in a vault is the original hi-definition models for all the characters. It's a shame the porting team didn't have access to that.

Oh well, we have advent children....

Relf

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2004-06-28 00:16:28 »
Oh well, we have advent children....

And AC could completely blow for all we know...

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #56 on: 2004-06-28 07:00:03 »
It could also ro><0rz da h0us3

*Ahem*

Yes, It could be good.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2004-07-03 02:52:58 »
Anyway, getting back to texture mapping the Buster Sword....

I think I found a suitable texture.  Do any of you remember that part in FF7 where you have to fight several bats and there's this big stalagtite in the Back Row that you need to destroy as well?

Well, if you also remember, once you destroy it, it "cracks", but the game overlaying a texture of a huge hairline fracture going down the length of the stalagtite.  Based on the image of the Buster Sword that is on page 41 of the FF7pc manual, that hairline fracture texture runs in a somewhat simliar pattern to the lines on the Buster Sword.  Resizing/editing and overlaying that texture on the Buster Sword MIGHT just work..... ;)

ravencell

problems
« Reply #58 on: 2004-07-10 19:04:15 »
I used Srethron Askvelhtnod's instructions, but when i hit the convert button it saves "cloudquality" as just a file not a ffpatch. I tried it many many times I followed the instructions very carefully. Please help me I can't mod or hack worth s***. :weep:

EDIT: it finally worked but when I try to apply the patch it says: "stream read error" what is going on? And when I start a new game the first battle of the game crashes and I have to restart my computer.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2004-07-11 00:06:21 »
Raven: Do you have ficedulla.dll?  I've found that it is required to get this working right.  Go to  http://www.warwickcompsoc.co.uk/~ficedula/f2k3/  to find it.  Then, put it in your windows system32 directory.  And when you use the patch, make sure you're overwriting battle.lgp

ravencell

Yes I do
« Reply #60 on: 2004-07-11 12:55:44 »
yes I have the ficedula dll file but its still freezes when i get into the first battle

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2004-07-11 13:05:12 »
hmm

and you say the game was working fine before?

Okay, tell ya what.  Back up your saved games, and Uninstall.

Reinstall the game.  make sure it works!  Then, find and BACK UP "Battle.lgp"

Update to 1.02.  make sure it works.

Install the upside-down movies patch if necissary.

Then try the patch again.  MAKE SURE you read the README and follow the instructions!!  Theres one point where you'll get a pop-up warning message... CLICK NO!

It *SHOULD* work now.  If it doesn't, you may have a bad patch.  Try here: http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/cloudhighres.zip  then try again.

CloudSquall

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2004-07-12 00:34:27 »
Quote from: Dreakon
To save myself and anyone else who cares to explain time you can download this, extract it and use apply patch in LGP Tools.

http://www.yourwebspace.com/cgi-bin/dreakon/cloudquality.zip

This should work unless I put in the wrong ffpatch file (which could happen since I made many incorrect ones).  Good luck ;)

Its kinda weird, this patch on this link is smaller then asagaru's patch on this post: http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=2882&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30 wonder why? :-?

can any1 conform the difference?

Chard

« Reply #63 on: 2004-07-24 23:01:00 »
Using the LGP tools to convert the high red cloud file into a patch, I run into an annoying problem.

This is how it looks before I convert it (Shown below):
http://img37.photobucket.com/albums/v113/combatkiller/b4convert.gif

Once I click on the convert button, I receive this message (Shown below):
http://img37.photobucket.com/albums/v113/combatkiller/afterconvert-failed.gif

I don't know what to do and I'm getting quite irritated. I have no clue what's going on, and so I ask...Help me!  :weep:

Edit:

I HAVE the  ficedula dll file just in case anyone suggests it's that...because it's not.

Edit (Second time):

I fixed the problem!! :D  :D  :D  :D  :love:  :love:  :P  :D  8)  8)  :)  :love:

shadow2stealth

Found access problem
« Reply #64 on: 2005-02-11 04:58:17 »
For anyone who still gets this message reported earlier when using the cloudquality.exe:

Acces Violation at adress 00000000. Read of adress 00000000

the solution:

i just put the "ficedule.dll" & "ficeconsole.dll" in the same directory as the .exe i was using and it worked perfectly.

hope that helps.

By the way, get .exe file, keep up the great work.