Author Topic: FF7 - Hardcore Mode Project  (Read 53260 times)

Karma Fiend

FF7 - Hardcore Mode Project
« Reply #75 on: 2005-08-15 05:04:22 »
thanx, im gonna give it a try right now...

is it easier or harder than enentor's?

i gave his a try and lost to "guard scorpion" twice,  i think cuz i used my potions too early...

ill post some feedback later...

peace

jdimaulo

« Reply #76 on: 2005-09-03 23:26:22 »
:o  man I need that finished patch please, ff7 needs more challenge, my e-mail is [email protected]

knives

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005-09-10 21:58:34 »
hey can you send it to me?
[email protected]
if you want i can upload it for you or something.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #78 on: 2005-09-19 02:45:26 »
Just a question here.. How close is your hardcore patch to completion? Is it done and I just missed something?

After seeing advent children I was thinking of revisiting FF7 .. Toying with the idea.. I think it would be a lot of work to install all the needed patches and tweak everything..

If your patch isnt finished.. Do you know when it will be?

Blackpearl

« Reply #79 on: 2005-09-19 03:31:05 »
there is my emai... i will look close a this patch
[email protected]

psychospacefish

« Reply #80 on: 2005-09-22 04:55:07 »
Hey all, this is my first post. I'd just like to say awesome work on it. I tested it by patching the BIN into the PSOne and testing it on epsxe. The Guard Scoripon was a bit of a pushover (I beat him on Lvl 7 without any problems), but I got thorougly owned in Sector 5. I think you could make it uber hard if you decreased AP awards to 1, and making Ethers and Potions more pricey. Just my thoughts, hope I don't sound like a n00b  :lol: .[/i]

Neubauer21

« Reply #81 on: 2005-09-22 07:10:12 »
Just joined these forums recently, everything everyone has ben doing here is great, I really you get to the last boss on this hardcore patch the game is way too simple i have completed it around 30times =/ a challange should help me keep up the good work.

djzerious

• View Profile
    • http://www.gzanime.net
« Reply #82 on: 2005-09-22 18:58:03 »
This patch sounds like a great idea. I've always loved FF7 and thought it to be a pushover.. this should add some nice challenge.

On another note, are you only using that one program to make this mod/patch?

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005-10-03 12:49:31 »
Hi
well done on a great hack!
But I want to say something after trying for like 4 times on the first boss.

The first boss maybe a touch extreme!
Why?
    - You cannot of course buy or aquire healing and ressurection items in the reactor at the start of the game.
    - You randomly pick up 1 potion and/or 1 ether - No Pheonix Downs!
    - after using up all your ethers and potions and maybe a pheonix down on the first boss - how can you get out alive?[/list:u]

I feel you cant level up much before the 1st boss since you are limited in potions and cannot get more than 2 pheonix downs.
    So I must admit - the first boss is uber extreme!

--------
    edit:
    Having read 1 post above I suppose the patch has massive levelling up in mind, but please remember - it is hard to win potions after battles in the reactor at the start of the game!

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005-10-17 10:33:17 »
*BUMP*
I read that this patch only covers enemies upto Jenova Birth?
Is anyone continuing this? What is the safest tool to use to continue editing of the enemies in this scene.bin?

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 - Hardcore Mode Project
« Reply #85 on: 2006-08-06 23:17:27 »
BUMP again...

The Skillster, I think that the best tool to edit monsters is still a good old hex-editor, as - if I remember correctly - M4v3R's utility still has the "Potion" bug.  :cry:

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006-08-07 00:25:45 »
Aye yai yai...buddy, since you're new, I won't tear you apart TOO much ( :wink: ) but don't, don't, don't revive old topics! haha

If they're more than a couple months, it's a bad idea to post in them. Consult the forum rules:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5834.0

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006-08-07 09:17:55 »
Yeah, but the rules state
If you really have something worthwhile to add, you can resurrect a dead topic. Otherwise... no. The limit is usually considered to be around two weeks, more or less. Certainly less than a month.

I thought that answering The Skillster's question was worthwhile enough to resurrect the topic :wink:
Besides, I guess a good topic like this one shouldn't die this easily  :roll:

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #88 on: 2006-08-07 12:59:56 »
The topic had been dead since October.
For future reference, it would have been best to just leave it.

Cloud_man

• It's so easy, it's somfy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006-08-12 15:26:02 »
Hi all !!!
This project is a good idea!
But I just a question, please with which software can one modify the enemies?
and if it is posible, where I can download it?
thank you for your answers!!!

The Shape

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006-08-18 14:38:02 »
While not wanting to infuriate any mod by moving this topic from the 2nd page to the first, I'd like to inquire about this mod-- as I'm extremely interested and have just ordered a copy of ff7 PC because I caught wind of this.

I read about the mod on some forums I came across and it got me extremely excited. Due to my usual overzealousness I ordered my copy prematurely-- without reading this topic-- and therefore am now learning that the mod ended up less than half-way complete. This 'goneaway' cat seemingly has finished his own version and I would definitely like to obtain it-- I've just noticed that he hasn't posted here in quite some time.

Does anyone else have his version?

Moreover, I'd like to thank Elentor for starting this amazing idea, breathing life into a game that is approaching it's decade-birthday-- and giving me a reason to order a copy of the PC version, so I can beat ff7 for the 10th plus time.