Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496809 times)

ProtoX

Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #275 on: 2013-12-03 14:20:49 »

tifa's head reminds me of the kingdom hearts verson for some reason

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2013-12-03 16:22:16 »
Your models are great! The one thing I like about what you're doing more than anything is making all of the field models in the game consistent in art style. As much as I love face-melting HD graphics, when it is only for a few characters, it breaks the immersion when low quality characters share the scene. I think your models are a vast improvement and yet blend with the rest of your overhaul, and I will look forward to playing FF7 with your mod installed once it is completed.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2013-12-03 16:32:20 »
When you have time Kal, and if you can,  get me all updated models and animations for use in the Reunion (I don't need battle models). I'll update what I have before release.  8)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2013-12-04 10:44:46 »

So this is the last head from me for this year. I have designed the head with the head from Cloud in Dessidia as reference. So it's a bit different from the original game model. The eyes are completely new repainted with a more glossy look. I need to add the earring, but this will not be a problem anyway.
Well I need to update my own library first before I releasing anything. Aerith and Sephiroth need new back hair and I have to split the eyes of the new heads in a left and right part for a correct blinking.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2013-12-24 16:00:03 »
 ;D Marry Christmas! ;D
Unshaded-Models-1.64.1.7z

I haven't updated the pics in the confic menu, but I will do it within the next days. Have fun.  ;)
Oh, the battle models are already integrated.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2013-12-26 06:56:02 »
Cheers man!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2014-01-01 12:45:10 »
What happened to wheelchair cloud and a few others?  Have they been melded into other folders?

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #282 on: 2014-01-09 04:56:20 »
These models are awesome.  Do you have a link of the models in action or did I miss it?

Dark Phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2014-01-10 03:24:47 »
They're not included in Bootleg 040. There is an older compilation that has an IRO version. You can also make your own IRO version using the 7th Heaven tool. It's not difficulty at all.

How do you tell where the files go?  I mean, I've created IRO's, but I don't know where all the different files are expected to appear in the mod folder.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2014-01-10 13:28:35 »
These models are awesome.  Do you have a link of the models in action or did I miss it?
How do you tell where the files go?  I mean, I've created IRO's, but I don't know where all the different files are expected to appear in the mod folder.

I have to build a new pack to make it compatible with the Reunion. Would say, somewhere at the weekend. :|

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2014-01-10 13:58:34 »
I have to build a new pack to make it compatible with the Reunion. Would say, somewhere at the weekend. :|

Didn't DLPB include your models in reunion? What would be the need to create an additional pack?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2014-01-10 14:17:56 »
I haven't test it much, but it will be mostly customization options which the Reunion didn't have or the use of extra models. Anyway the Reunion will be my base now, because DLPB has fixed some blinking head models. But I have seen that the flevel.lgp has still the old closed eyes textures, so I will do a fix for it and send them to DLPB for the use in the R02 release.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2014-01-10 15:12:54 »
I haven't test it much, but it will be mostly customization options which the Reunion didn't have or the use of extra models. Anyway the Reunion will be my base now, because DLPB has fixed some blinking head models. But I have seen that the flevel.lgp has still the old closed eyes textures, so I will do a fix for it and send them to DLPB for the use in the R02 release.

Those models you sent me are far superior to the others you did too.  They look like they should.  Although, a TAD of shading might help with the main chars.  But even if not, it's v well done.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2014-01-10 16:31:38 »
Those models you sent me are far superior to the others you did too.  They look like they should.  Although, a TAD of shading might help with the main chars.  But even if not, it's v well done.

I have to agree with you. I plan to test the heads I have made with textured mouths as the original design instead of having real mouth. But at first I have  to bring this mod to work with the Reunion again before I can do other things.

For the tad of shading: I think Kimera needs some changes to create a color pallet and an abillity paint vertices and edges.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2014-01-10 16:37:52 »
Yeah, see I liked the shading but PRP were TOO over shaded...  way too much.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2014-01-10 17:16:16 »
I completely agree with DLPB.

Isuldor

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2014-01-11 19:41:35 »
I still need to go back and take a screenshot, but I thought it looked like Cloud's sword clips right through his torso after climbing up the wire from the Wall Market.  It's when they pose to look up at the Shin-Ra tower.  I'm using the version included with Reunion r01. 

There seems to be an issue with faces/hair and transparency:

Here Seph's hair is still opaque, and Aerith's face can be seen while Cloud's seems to be properly transparent. Here's the original for comparison.
« Last Edit: 2014-01-21 04:09:55 by Isuldor »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2014-01-24 13:59:41 »
I still need to go back and take a screenshot, but I thought it looked like Cloud's sword clips right through his torso after climbing up the wire from the Wall Market.  It's when they pose to look up at the Shin-Ra tower.  I'm using the version included with Reunion r01. 

There seems to be an issue with faces/hair and transparency:

Here Seph's hair is still opaque, and Aerith's face can be seen while Cloud's seems to be properly transparent. Here's the original for comparison.

I think the animation(s) needs to be altered for the Shinra tower panorama scene.

I can't make promises with the transparency issue, but I guess later updates will reduce or fixing it. (It looks like that there is some kind of hierarchy when merging parts.)

My hopefully last Cloud overhaul (this time without any lights):

Isuldor

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2014-01-31 00:19:50 »
Looks great!

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2014-02-05 15:46:17 »
anyone know how to get this model

working with the Steam version with working achievement?

Or is that not possible?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2014-02-05 16:31:12 »
Look for APZ Cloud.

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2014-02-05 17:01:05 »
Cheers.

Have just finished googling with one downer, if I was to mod this game then I have to sacrifice Steam achievement. Reckon I ought to finish it first then do the mods just for the sake of it.

Thanks again Kaldarasha!

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2014-02-08 19:05:21 »
Since this seems like one of the more lively threads around here, I might as well ask this here: where do I start if I was to help out modding models? I'm a professional 3d artist and you can check my youtube page (www.youtube.com/user/yongkykuncoro/videos) and deviantart (yongkykun.deviantart.com), if you like. They're old and outdated but still do help me get a job  :mrgreen:

I'm also curious as to where one can find the mods for the enemy battle models from this vid:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wc8-o3RFVI

thanks!

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2014-02-08 20:53:12 »
Someone else want to cast Optimus Prime as a Summon? As Titan would be cool.  :-D
This is awesome work!
I currently don't know, which way I should go with this project. I also could spent all the time with painting vertices in creating textures.
If we would create different body parts with UV maps (5-10 different models for each body part), then we could generate very fast new field models.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #299 on: 2014-02-08 21:08:57 »
Someone else want to cast Optimus Prime as a Summon? As Titan would be cool.  :-D
This is awesome work!
I currently don't know, which way I should go with this project. I also could spent all the time with painting vertices in creating textures.
If we would create different body parts with UV maps (5-10 different models for each body part), then we could generate very fast new field models.

Optimus Prime as the Titan summoning would be awesome! The idea of creating template model pieces is a great idea too, would stream line creating new npc models that are detailed and look good in the game.