Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496911 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven
« Reply #425 on: 2014-12-24 11:56:49 »
No time to update the first post:

Latest UM build:
https://mega.co.nz/#!WANn2Cjb!_jG_HPf_x1vU-2zzWgKgwMkW6H2JPiASK56GvlnJjLI

ChaOs will take a while, because of it's complexity it's easy to overlook some thing. I also want to divide it into a few modules, based on the feedback from Tifa's Final Heaven.

ProtoX

« Reply #426 on: 2014-12-24 12:33:47 »
Well thats just primal....a new update when my laptop has been broke for a week now

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #427 on: 2014-12-24 14:42:24 »
I also want to divide it into a few modules, based on the feedback from Tifa's Final Heaven.

That would be excellent. If you need any help, let me know :)

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2014-12-24 15:24:38 »
Awesome  ;D
Thank you for your efforts! On my end I just finished ealin_2, so with respect to the overall scope of what I had to do, I only have a couple of missing textures here and there and then the market district of the Sector 5 slums is complete. I'll open a thread here as well as on TA for the releases.
I'll be downloading your update now, looking forward to seeing that in game  :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2014-12-26 11:46:35 »
https://mega.co.nz/#!CNUX1D7B!C7KkD_QmY2hUHORwx8nvbT6fH63JGXIFc2zsThb9kVM

Here are the Iro files. Let's see how this works. The Base mod should be the last in the load order and the Animations the first thing.

TheHurtmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2014-12-27 20:27:54 »
Hello,
I am expirencing crashes when playing FF7 with your mod. I just created an account for this forum to report this issue. To help you see if the issue is fixed I am giving you the save file right before the crash. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bad5rhyvdarmaq0/save00.ff7?dl=0 . I hope you fix this in time as this is my first time playing the game. Also great job on making the mod, I love it.

saftle

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2014-12-27 20:37:17 »
I can confirm the same issue with the newest IRO files. Right before starting the bike minigame for the first time (at Shinra Tower), it fades to black and stays there. When deactivating all 3 modules, it works without problems.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2014-12-29 04:31:29 »
Is the game moded? I do not get the issue. It was mentioned on Tifas 7H but it was the fault of another mod. But I wouldn't swear that my one is bug free.

TheHurtmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2014-12-29 22:05:12 »
I'm using steam version downgraded using the downgrader found in Tifa's 7th Heaven page (FF7_GameConverter_7H.exe by Kompass63). I just tried disabling every mod except CHaOS. I still get the crash. If it helps here's the crash.ff7. https://www.dropbox.com/s/09uwy2ju62v1ejr/crash.ff7?dl=0

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2014-12-30 08:51:52 »
Try to install the Reunion mod. There was an incompatibility, issue which has 7H crashed. My assumption is that the my mod is only compatible with the changes the Reunion makes to the bike minigame. This would explain why I have so many files in the folder for it.
In the mean time I will see if I can recreate the crash with the lgp file from my steam installment.
If this will be positive then I will make an extra option if or if not the Reunion mod is installed.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2015-01-20 11:59:11 »
I currently upload ChaOS on the Nexus Page (gosh it is slowly  :-\). I have to add a lot afterwards mostly in game screen images and a FAQ section.

Btw. I ever wanted to use this ...
...button.  :-P <-- Why is the move this gone? :x

It's added now.
http://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/1/?

« Last Edit: 2015-01-21 14:20:30 by Kaldarasha »

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2015-01-20 16:25:42 »
Aw, darn it. I don't like using the 7th heaven stuff. :< I love adding the files manually. DX   It's a cool upload though.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2015-01-21 09:02:27 »
I'll need 7th Heaven, because the mod changes models depending on the field (the carter of the Chocobo Carriage stands now in front of the Honeybee Inn). Also some animation fixes are used under certain conditions. I would otherwise need to patch the flevel.lgp which would make it incompatible to use with other mods like the Reunion or the New Threat mod.

Sora123masta

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2015-01-21 12:02:42 »
I see.  Well I guess it would make a lot of sense. I never had much of a thing for 7th Heaven because I am so used to doing the changes myself.  After using bootleg I am scared of messing things up when using 7th heaven. If I had to use it, I guess it's worth a try. Your models are too damn cool to pass up. x.x

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2015-01-21 14:18:05 »
Some progress update:
Barrett

I have still a lot to do on him but he does look great so far in game. There are animations which needs a few fixes.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2015-01-21 18:53:56 »
Looking very nice

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2015-01-23 01:44:57 »
This looks far more like how Barrett was intended and is precisely what's needed. Are you updating all characters to conform more to the original design?  For example, this looks nothing like Sep should... far too much deviation imho:
http://i.imgur.com/uCudMVG.png

It's nearly entirely the head and face I have issue with.

Like with Barrett, it may be wise to go through all main chars and stick to how the original designers portrayed them as closely as possible.  It's your mod at the end of the day, but what do you plan to do?
« Last Edit: 2015-01-23 01:56:24 by DLPB »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2015-01-23 06:38:46 »
This looks far more like how Barrett was intended and is precisely what's needed. Are you updating all characters to conform more to the original design?  For example, this looks nothing like Sep should... far too much deviation imho:
http://i.imgur.com/uCudMVG.png

It's nearly entirely the head and face I have issue with.

Like with Barrett, it may be wise to go through all main chars and stick to how the original designers portrayed them as closely as possible.  It's your mod at the end of the day, but what do you plan to do?

Barrett is a bit different, specially the boots and his gun arm. I try as much as I can to use the original as reference, but I also take into account what possibilities I have with the current game engine/tools. The gun is designed differently because of his shooting limitbreaks and his close ranged weapons.
But I will make two versions of him, one with the extra volcano gun and one with out it. This gives me also time to design the other weapons later.

The next is Tifa because we have already very detailed parts for her.
For Sephiroth I have different plans, if it works what I intend to do then he will got a new skeleton and therefore new animations. I simply want to add bones for his coat.

Overall I will edit the faces back to textured mouths.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2015-01-23 16:59:08 »
Yeah, to me the faces are sometimes a bit dodgy.  You can see with Sep that he doesn't look like the original model.  The orignal battle heads are nearly always workable - but we'll see how you deal with it.  When barrett is done, place up a link for me.

Until your newer revisions are ready, I'll remove your main characters from Reunion and use SquallFF8's.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2015-01-23 17:51:00 »
I should have the original faces of the 1.63 build. Wouldn't be to hard to put them on the existing models for your mod.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2015-01-23 18:02:00 »
The Reunion could (and should) be being released late Sunday, or some time in the next few days at any rate.  Could it be done by then?  And uploaded?  Just the main char updates are needed (sep etc)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2015-01-23 18:06:29 »
Should be possible. I try to do it until tomorrow.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2015-01-25 20:22:03 »
Should be possible. I try to do it until tomorrow.

Sadly I hadn't any time for the models these weekend (Barrett is done, Cloud partially).  :(
I can do it until Wednesday, but I can't guarantee it. If you guys can wait a few days longer for the Reunion it would be fine. However I understand if Dan can't wait longer for a release and wants to bring the Beacause mod finally to an end.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2015-01-25 20:34:32 »
Well, Luksy didn't arrive :P  So you do have time.  Another week.  ;D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2015-02-02 00:14:31 »

New character heads are far better.  But probably even better if using the battle heads, or as close as possible (I assume you aren't).  Cloud's is still a little fat compared to the original battle head and so on (making him look less like a warrior, and more like a child who has never wielded a blade).

Barrett's eyes are missing.

Red XIII has missing body parts

Sephiroth's arms look weird when he walks (but a BIG improvement with the proper face and new hair, although the hair needs some fine tuning because you can see it doesn't go with the body.  You can see its attached as a separate thing.  Colour issue again probs.).

Finally, because the head is different to the body ( colour), Tifa looks very weird in close ups.  To be fair, the new body is too high res to look part of the game.  I remember Squallff8's Tifa looking like it fit the game more.

It's a definite improvement so far.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-02 00:36:59 by DLPB »