Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4882968 times)

coredumperror

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8975 on: 2020-03-03 06:36:36 »
Super super minor bug report: The bikini girl on the Costa del Sol beach, who passes on Hojo's message to you after you sleep at the inn the first time, has a grammar error in her dialog:

"What you're looking for has went west." should be "What you're looking for as gone west."

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: 2020-03-04 07:22:58 »
More info on the "Let's make a deal" bug. The Save point on the railroad track on Mt. Corel is *partially* bugged. It looks right when I finish ranking up Cloud, but it's broken for everyone else you can have at that point in the game (Barret, Yuffie, Aeris, Red XIII, Tifa).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: 2020-03-04 10:15:48 »
Might be the length of character names.

Allannia

• View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: 2020-03-04 13:04:37 »
From what you've posted previously about changes in 2.0 I assume it's not going to be save compataible with 1.5. Just wanted to check as I'll wait for 2.0 instead of starting a new threat run now.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: 2020-03-04 18:21:36 »
Yeah I'm reassigning memory so they probably won't be. You can still load save files from different versions to another but it can lead to certain things not activating.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: 2020-03-04 19:07:45 »
Just putting this here; it's a hextless NT IRO for users having trouble with IROs with a Hext component on the new 2.0 7h: https://mega.nz/#!DglhRJIa!cecDieYyAL1R1J9Qse1-Z2ZAhgQ_BOUXzykMnFrOkzE

Therival

• View Profile
« Reply #8981 on: 2020-03-05 02:20:41 »
Hey Sega Chief, just wanted to say I discovered your mod recently and have been having an absolute blast. I was having a rough time passing time until Bannerlord and Doom Eternal but your mod has made my childhood come alive again. 2.0 cant come soon enough and I cant wait to play it! Keep up the great work and thank you for this awesome mod!

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #8982 on: 2020-03-05 03:45:57 »
Bug Report

I see you've changed Super Dunk's "Double Chance" to "Triple Chance" in the Gold Saucer, but two of the original pieces of text have not been updated to reflect that.
"You may continue after you successfully double your GP."
"NOW PLAYING DOUBLE CHANCE"

Those both should say "triple".

Speaking of bugs, are you back-porting bugfixes to 1.5, or are they just going into 2.0? The fact that 1.5 saves won't be forwards-compatible with 2.0 makes me hope you are. Yhough obviously the ones I've been reporting aren't a huge deal.

Zentrius

• View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: 2020-03-05 04:01:28 »
Hi Sega,

I see that there's a Download link for compatibility with the R06 (Reunion) mod, but I am seeing in the installation process for this that there's no compatibilty yet with that mod. Is this correct? If that is the case, what does that file do?

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: 2020-03-05 06:01:37 »
Is the second Enemy Skill Materia supposed to be somewhere other than the tutorial area in Junon? Every walkthrough I've read says it can be found on the floor there, but I searched and could not find it.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #8985 on: 2020-03-05 07:36:29 »
There is only 1 e-skill materia in NT.

coredumperror

• View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: 2020-03-05 07:46:15 »
Ohhhh, OK. I missed that in the docs. Makes sense, I guess.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: 2020-03-05 08:40:41 »
Hey Sega Chief, just wanted to say I discovered your mod recently and have been having an absolute blast. I was having a rough time passing time until Bannerlord and Doom Eternal but your mod has made my childhood come alive again. 2.0 cant come soon enough and I cant wait to play it! Keep up the great work and thank you for this awesome mod!

I think I'm skipping on Doom in favour of RE3 and then FF7R (besides, prob don't have time to take on a game this month to get NT 2.0 finished).

Bug Report

I see you've changed Super Dunk's "Double Chance" to "Triple Chance" in the Gold Saucer, but two of the original pieces of text have not been updated to reflect that.
"You may continue after you successfully double your GP."
"NOW PLAYING DOUBLE CHANCE"

Those both should say "triple".

Speaking of bugs, are you back-porting bugfixes to 1.5, or are they just going into 2.0? The fact that 1.5 saves won't be forwards-compatible with 2.0 makes me hope you are. Yhough obviously the ones I've been reporting aren't a huge deal.

I'll be keeping both versions so backporting bug fixes will happen to an extent, but it'll probably be limited to critical things only.

Hi Sega,

I see that there's a Download link for compatibility with the R06 (Reunion) mod, but I am seeing in the installation process for this that there's no compatibilty yet with that mod. Is this correct? If that is the case, what does that file do?

Originally, Reunion was a stand-alone mod but the new R06 build is more like a framework. That means other mods can be loaded into it to make use of the bug-fixes + enhancements that it offers. It needs the files arranged in a certain way and that's what the download is for. Note though that the Translation part (Beacause) and some parts like the tweaks to flevel script for minigames etc. aren't compatible.

Therival

• View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: 2020-03-05 16:38:07 »
I think I'm skipping on Doom in favour of RE3 and then FF7R (besides, prob don't have time to take on a game this month to get NT 2.0 finished.

Oh RE3 was one of my favorites when I was a kid definitely getting that as well haha still have my fingers crossed for mercenaries mode I put alot of time into that back in the day. Thanks to my discovery of the awesome thing that is FF7 modding I will most likely be buying the remake multiple times because I can only imagine the mods on the PC down the road will be truly epic.

« Last Edit: 2020-03-06 00:11:01 by Sega Chief »

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: 2020-03-05 20:24:19 »
I am at Cosmo Canyon in disc 1 using 1.4 on the switch but realized someone ported over 1.5 as well. Can I just use my 1.4 save on 1.5 or should I start over?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: 2020-03-06 00:16:28 »
I am at Cosmo Canyon in disc 1 using 1.4 on the switch but realized someone ported over 1.5 as well. Can I just use my 1.4 save on 1.5 or should I start over?

I think the rank-up system will break if it's swapped. There's a case to be made for carrying on with 1.4 as it's not a million miles away from 1.5 in terms of actual content and is a bit harder overall. Some older bugs may appear though.

Zentrius

• View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: 2020-03-06 03:21:36 »
@Sega, alright, understood the part between the Reunion framework. So that means I can install the Reunion mod and then manually put into the games folders the files for the New Threat mod, correct? Is there anywhere in which I can find some instructions as to where to put each file?

Shadowquinn

• View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: 2020-03-06 04:07:18 »
When 2.0 comes out, will I be able to use battle, field textures and models from other mods? I am brand new to FF7 mods and love the way the hd models look. I am highly looking forward to trying out your mod when 2.0 comes out.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: 2020-03-06 08:31:18 »
@Sega, alright, understood the part between the Reunion framework. So that means I can install the Reunion mod and then manually put into the games folders the files for the New Threat mod, correct? Is there anywhere in which I can find some instructions as to where to put each file?

The download on this thread has the NT files already in the correct folder/file format. What you need to do from there is place it in the CUSTOM folder of R06, then in the Options.txt file of R06 there is a line in there where you can specify the name of a mod in your CUSTOM folder for it to load on start-up (only one can be activated at a time). Write in New_Threat_Final and it should load that folder when it starts up. You will need to set some other options to off like the Translation as this will override the files of NT.

To use custom models, textures, etc. you can place these either into the NT folder itself or into the Global folder (files in Global always load; it should be for files you want to keep between mods like visual mods).

Tonight, I'll check the R06 documentation and put together a rough guide for where files should go, folder structure, how to retrieve files from other mods/IROs, etc. so that folk know how to mix and match mods for the reunion framework.

Shadowquinn

• View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: 2020-03-06 17:14:36 »
Can I run this mod in the new 7th Heaven 2.0 Loader?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: 2020-03-06 19:12:26 »
Yeah, but the hext component for IROs seems to be busted at the moment in 2.0. I would use the hextless version for the time being: https://mega.nz/#!DglhRJIa!cecDieYyAL1R1J9Qse1-Z2ZAhgQ_BOUXzykMnFrOkzE

Vanilla Combat version of NT should also work.

Shadowquinn

• View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: 2020-03-07 13:59:29 »
So after a night full of playing and getting out of Midgar, I wanted to stop back in here and say that you sir are a @#$%ing genius. What you have done with your mod is outstanding. You have made a game that has been my favorite for 23 years (46 years old now) and have made it even better. Please keep up the amazing work and thank you for your time and hard work.

Zentrius

• View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: 2020-03-07 16:35:04 »
I found something weird happening. When you approach Hojo at the Shinra building, the game just freezes, and Barret's model just runs in place.

I am using both New Threat and The Reunion mod. I made sure to disable all relevant options in The Reunion .ini file but the issue still persists. I don't think uninstalling the reunion mod would work since I'm pretty sure it would mess up my save file.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: 2020-03-07 19:05:58 »
So after a night full of playing and getting out of Midgar, I wanted to stop back in here and say that you sir are a @#$%ing genius. What you have done with your mod is outstanding. You have made a game that has been my favorite for 23 years (46 years old now) and have made it even better. Please keep up the amazing work and thank you for your time and hard work.

Cheers; let me know if you run into any issues.

I found something weird happening. When you approach Hojo at the Shinra building, the game just freezes, and Barret's model just runs in place.

I am using both New Threat and The Reunion mod. I made sure to disable all relevant options in The Reunion .ini file but the issue still persists. I don't think uninstalling the reunion mod would work since I'm pretty sure it would mess up my save file.

R06 changed the behaviour of something that handles party order(something along those lines) which means that this scene (both in vanilla flevel and modded flevel) now has this issue unless the reunion flevel is being used (which has the fix). I'll port the fix over and reupload.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 19:15:41 by Sega Chief »

Finalwolfix

• View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: 2020-03-08 01:02:38 »
I started playing this a few days ago on Arrange Mode and I've been hooked, having a great time revisiting this classic with all the new twists and turns that it has. Massive thank you Sega Chief for the work you've put into and are continuing to put into this. I've just started disk 2 and I can't wait to see what lies ahead, with some of my personal favourite changes so far being
Spoiler: show
the recurring reappearance of the Guard Scorpion as well as the helpful intervention it brought during the Brass Dragon boss, which was amazing, as well as other bosses such as the Materia Keeper robot version and the new Lost Number (when that split into both parts at once, oh man...). Although, the Satan's Gate encounter was weirdly easier than I expected, which is about the only breather I've had so far.

I actually just wanted to double-check though, as I'm worried I missed something. I'm sure I heard that bosses could be morphed into items, and looking at the spreadsheet this seems to be the case. However, I've ended a lot of boss encounters with a morph attack and nothing seems to have came from it. Was this changed in a recent version? I'm playing on the most recent one to my knowledge, that being December 30th 2019.

Thanks again for the work. Having a great time with it!