Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1245804 times)

shadowfox

• Hold My Beer
    • View Profile
    • Shadowfox Productions
I believe the new battle interface was implemented in a newer version of aali's driver then the remix has.

Ahh ok. Do you know if there is a way to add the viewport/transparent battle menu options without screwing up the remix install?

Also thank you for the fast reply that was awesome :)

Edit: since I'm here.... should I use the 7.11 or 7.9 or 7.3 version of Aali's package then since I'm on subject :p Nevermind on that, helps if I re-read the included mods....  ::) ( For those searching the remix as of this date has a big text document saying it includes 7.3 )

Ok, better question, if I update Aali's drivers after the remix install will this break the remix install? Meaning if I make sure all the variables are added to the new config from 7.11 in the config file will the new config file still run and not break the install? I mean I know how touchy all these mods get. It's like child birth sometimes when you start fooling around with stuff.  :wink:

That would be a no :p

Oh well will just have to wait :)
« Last Edit: 2011-07-07 22:11:40 by shadowfox »

doru1

Thank you for the mod pack  ;D

I'm running into a problem with the FMVs though. They run at 10 to 13 fps which also make the audio be out of sinc. I still get 59 - 60fps on menus and 15fps in battle. I'm running it at 640 by 480.  I have an ATI mobility radeon 5870.

Anyone have a solution? :|

rotschleim

• View Profile
Hello everyone, rotschleim again. After meeting with relatively little luck last time, I decided to call it quits. However, I'm now facing the doldrums of summer and decided to pick this up again. However, I'm having some problems again, and after trying numerous times, I've decided to come to the pros for help.

For some reason, FMVs refused to load in game; a black screen would be shown for a little while as the rest of the game went on. The problem was, I discovered, that I didn't set Aali's modified FF7 Config to use the Custom Driver. I looked in the version of Aali's driver provided in FF7 Remix, and it doesn't give an option for a "Custom driver." I thought I'd remedy this by simply manually updating to the latest version.

However, that somehow broke the music. Now, none of the .PSF or .MP3 songs will play, and I'm left with the cruddy MIDIs. If someone were to help me with this, I would very much appreciate it. I've tried everything I could think of, but I'm pretty new to this "modding" thing.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
Rotschleim,

Edit the 'ff7_opengl.cfg' file and enable the music plugin by removing the # before the line:
    music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

-PitBrat

rotschleim

• View Profile
Thanks for your help, PitBrat! :) I'll keep that in mind for this try. I found a different solution to this problem, though--I just needed to update FF7music as well. But then I got the sound delays that come with it... Ugh! Good thing I found out about ff7_lessdebug. But if what you say works for me--and hopefully it should!--I won't need it.

Soon, I'll have DLPB's updated FMVs, FFVII Remix's other updates, and the original models for consistency! Yes...it's all going according to plan...

kman1981

• View Profile
Strange "bug" with Remix 2.5.1
« Reply #1455 on: 2011-07-13 23:29:31 »
I think I may have discovered a bug that hasn't been reported (or at least, I can't find it anywhere). So you know as much info as possible:

Windows 7 Pro x64
Regular version of FF7 PC (NON Ultima)
Remix 2.5.1 Installed

Just a quick background:I played through this game with just the 1.02 patch, Aali's driver, and Ficedula patches, got up to the point where I was going to fight both Ruby and Emerald, then finish the game, and I found the Remix 2.5.1 installer, and decided to try it with a new game. At the first save point, I went a bit too fast and saved OVER my other file, so I had to go through the entire game again (which isnt necessarily a bad thing right?)

Anyways, the first bug I found was that as soon as I had access to the Materia command in the Menu, I went in to equip some and discovered that I already had Enemy Lure and Enemy Away materias. Very strange. Then (and this is the big problem), I'm noticing that sometimes my characters are unable to deal any damage to enemies. The first time it happened was when I was fighting the Turks in the Gongaga (sp?) reactor. Barret had the Atomic Scissors equipped, and no matter what enemies I fought, he always did 0 damage. I tried messing around with his materia to no avail. The only way I could get him to deal damage was by giving him a different (and weaker) weapon. Not long after that, the same thing happened to Red XIII, so I then had 2 characters who could not deal any damage whatsoever.

Fast forward, and I am now at the part where Sephiroth kills Aeris. When he leaves, and the fight with Jenova starts, all 3 of my characters do a maximum of 3 damage per attack. Clouds ClimbHazard limit only does 10 damage. Summons and magic work fine, it just seems to be the physical attacks. I started thinking the glitch was due to installing the Remix 2.5.1 mod OVER the other mods I already had installed, so I uninstalled the game and all mods, reinstalled the game (kept my save folder of course), loaded it back up, and it is still doing it. I even tried using different weapons on all my characters (cloud, yuffie, cid) and no weapons will do any more than 3 damage.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there any way I can fix it? Thanks for reading.

Shaun

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Strange "bug" with Remix 2.5.1
« Reply #1456 on: 2011-07-13 23:37:22 »
Titeguy did some rebalancing when he made the remix project. I wouldn't be surprised if he screwed up some of it. Pretty sure the beginning materia was deliberate though.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 2011-07-13 23:39:04 »
From what I have been hearing Remix sounds like it IS the bug...

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2011-07-14 01:44:47 »
This is obvious.

kman1981

• View Profile
For anyone who has interest - it turned out to be something with Remix. After deleting the game/mods, reinstalling the game and then doing the mods/patches one at a time, I can now play like normal. The Remix is a great idea, putting all those things together in one easy package, but I guess it's a bit buggy.

dx666xn

Cannot start after installing Remix 2.5.1
« Reply #1460 on: 2011-07-16 10:31:52 »
After installing Final Fantasy 7 Remix v2.5.1, the game won't start, giving me the error "Unable to locate registry key. Please re-install Final Fantasy VII." I Click "OK" only to see another error: "Please Insert FF7 Game Disc 1, 2 or 3 and try again"

Any assistance is appreciated.

sorry for my english xD

I had to more or less rewrite your entire post, so it'd get a better response. Also, please don't cross-post the same question everywhere.- Bosola
« Last Edit: 2011-07-16 14:03:42 by Bosola »

cloudh09

I download file Battle Scene enhacement lgp use.zip in here : http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11542.0 and I extract to a folder "Battle Scenes (lgp use)", in folder have a lot of the file... How to use the that file ??
Very sorry about my english because i am a vietnamese....^^~
Thank!

kidalot

• View Profile
Trouble running Remix v2.5.1
« Reply #1462 on: 2011-07-31 20:05:16 »
Hello, I'd be greatful if someone could help me. I'm a complete Noob with this.

My PC

Vista 32 Bit
NVIDIA 8800GTX
Creative SB X-Fi

1. I installed the game
2. Restarted PC
3. Installed the remix patch (I did the not change anything in the OpenGL config file)
4. I ran FF7 Music and selected "Run FF7"

The screen goes black and returns to the desktop

This is the error I received

DataPath is C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently mp3
C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   mp3\
   C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 0
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

12183.220 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12183.224 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12183.445 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12183.547 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12183.547 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12183.856 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12184.032 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12184.627 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12184.674 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12185.063 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12185.118 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12185.119 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12185.420 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12185.593 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.ApiX.Engine] 365@Nvidia::UXDriver::ApiX::CNvApixEngine::EnsureDesktop::InputDesktop::SetThread : Could not set thread desktop to input desktop due to the following error 170.

12186.783 |    ERROR: [UXDriver.NvCpl] 1889@NvQTwDispModeWarning : NOT IMPLEMENTED.

It runs like normal without mods if I delete everything in openGL config file.

« Last Edit: 2011-07-31 20:33:08 by kidalot »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble running Remix v2.5.1
« Reply #1463 on: 2011-07-31 20:36:14 »
my first guess is that it is the FMVs included with remix.

should be able to change the movie path back to the discs in regedit unless remix does something weird to direct the game to DLPBs FMVs, which don't work for me or a lot of other people.

I tried remix briefly to see if I could get it working, and I may try again some more because there are some great fixes/mods included with remix that I dont know how to get other ways. I got black screen followed by crash until I used regedit to alter the movie path to another set of remastered FMVs on my HD that I found HERE IN THIS THREAD.

Of course, I use good old Windows XP and I don't know much about Vista or why a lot of people make fun of it. Maybe the regedit process is different with Vista. At any rate if you want to adjust the movie path in regedit you need to change it to another directory where you place the files you want to use and make sure there is a trailing "\" in the path. e.g. C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\data\movies\ (which is mine).

Most likely to get into regedit all you need to do is hit the RUN command from the start menu and type in "regedit" in the console and hit run.
Then use the filesystem tree to navigate through: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII
Double click on Movie Path, and input your new path in the Value data field.
Then simply close out the registry editor and try and run FF7.

Also, make sure to copy the following files from the discs or from another source to your new movie path as they are not included with Trojaks movies: fcar.avi(since it looks same as car_1209), eidoslogo.avi, explode.avi, fship2.avi, last4_2.avi, last4_3.avi and white2.avi. There aren't a ton of movie files, it's not difficult to find and copy them.

I'd prefer to use DLPBs FMVs myself but this is what I had to do to get some upgraded movies I liked working. Hopefully thats why your remix isnt working. Just a guess. Sorry for the long reply lol

PS: If you run into more problems it's probably best not to use remix at this point, in my opinion. Go watch all the Tutorial Videos at www.finalfantasy7pc.com (in the Media section) and install the following mods seperately:
Phoenix Rejuvenation Project + Avalanche Overhaul + APZ Cloud + Millenia's Weapons + DK Menu Overhaul
and see if that doesnt work better for you.

After that, definitely add Magochocobo and Felix Lionheart's battle and world enhancements to your modpath.

That's really a comprehensive list of complete/unbuggy/up-to-date mods available in the community. Many parts of Remix are incomplete.   
« Last Edit: 2011-07-31 21:11:07 by Template »

kidalot

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 2011-07-31 22:17:24 »
Thank you for the response

Unfortunatley I get the same error.

I downloaded the enhanced movies and changed the path in the registry + added missing moviews from the disc.

I should have said, the game works when not installing in the default folder but I guess the mods don't. Well the OpenGL config file is empty and the game looks normal.

I'll try it without the remix.

Edit: Without the remix, whilst installing to default install folder I get a black screen but I can hear the opening logo.
« Last Edit: 2011-07-31 22:38:05 by kidalot »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 2011-08-01 03:15:30 »
openglcfg file should definitely not be empty :P

start over, install from cds
install 1.02 patch,
install aali .11b,
then you must configure the file you said was empty. particularly u need to change the resolution, which is best at 1280X960, it will be 0, 0 by default
then test opening the program
and we will go from there

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 2011-08-01 03:25:37 »
Firstly my FMVs should work for everyone with a decent setup and system.  Secondly, remix has a ton of issues and you are better off installing mods separately.  It is out of date.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2011-08-01 03:43:13 »
Remix gives you access to some mods that were taken down (APZ Cloud) and some mods that take way too much time to sort through (PRP). What I did was install remix, copy all the .lgp files, uninstall/reinstall Final Fantasy VII, and then replace the .lgps. Then you can apply mods and it shouldn't interfere with anything.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 2011-08-01 04:28:16 »
Firstly my FMVs should work for everyone with a decent setup and system.  Secondly, remix has a ton of issues and you are better off installing mods separately.  It is out of date.

with all due respect, nope, they dont. your opinion of whether or not my system is "decent" is not exactly quantifiable, and your mod is no benchmark to that end.

I have no other issues and I'm not worried about getting your videos to work anymore

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 2011-08-01 04:49:35 »
Well, since I am using the same driver version as you, the same FF7 as you, the same exe as you, and so are most people, and it has no issues for them.

The only variable is your system or your setup.  That is a fact.  I am not saying it is definitely your fault, I am saying that the problem lies at your end.  And it does.  How many people are on my thread complaining that the FMV do not work at all, and how many have downloaded them?

That tells the tale. It could be anything, your system, your video drivers and compatibility with Aalis driver, but there is 0 wrong with my FMV.
« Last Edit: 2011-08-01 04:52:37 by DLPB »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: 2011-08-01 05:22:31 »
There's 0 wrong with my system. I have no problems running any other mod or dual boxing on FFXI. So I should buy a new system so I can play your videos that there are other working versions of? Or is that not what you meant by my system not being "decent"?

Your movies are fine, I can watch them fine by themselves, but they don't work in game. How many other people have complained they slow down or don't sync properly? How many people got tired of bringing it to your attention? You are unwilling to fix the sound issues, or even entertain the idea of making them more universally usable. Was I complaining about it? No. I was just suggesting this person might, like me, have issues with your movies, which are included and automatically installed by Remix.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: 2011-08-01 05:33:40 »
There is no sound issue that is why.  The problem lies in aalis driver, and unless I go uni for 5 years, I am afraid that is a problem I cannot fix.  If there was a problem then I would have fixed it.  Sony vegas doesnt make mistakes with codecs, but aalis driver is not infallible and cannot possibly be fool proof on all systems.

To sum up, there is nothing wrong with the FMV, but there is something wrong with your compatibility with aalis driver.  That is either his issue, the library he uses for playback, or your settings and system or a combination of those.  It is not the FMV. If it were the problem,it would be there when you play it in a normal player wouldn't it and I would have the problem wouldnt I.

And the suggestion the other guy made is sound.  Download it and then extract what you needed separately, problem solved.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: 2011-08-01 06:41:57 »
And the suggestion the other guy made is sound.  Download it and then extract what you needed separately, problem solved.

Yah, I think I'm going to try that.

kidalot

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: 2011-08-01 07:25:08 »
I've installed the game, 1.02 retail patch and ff7_opengl-0.7.11b (hopefully that is aali .11b)

And changed the resolution to 1280x9600 but I still got the black screen.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: 2011-08-01 07:27:22 »
K try some different versions of your Nvidia display drivers.

Might need the most recent, might need an older driver.

You can DEFINITELY get this game working with your setup, and with the mods. Just gonna need to do some trial and error work.