Author Topic: 3 Hours Later I Still Can't Play  (Read 1748 times)

HateFF7Port

• View Profile
3 Hours Later I Still Can't Play
« on: 2019-05-27 02:40:22 »
I have the steam version (1.0.9 English Steam)
GTX 1070 ti, Windows 10, 5i 9600k @ 3.7k, 16 GB RAM
7th Heaven 1.5.6.0
I successfully ran the converter with a blank ISO. I've checked that my paths in 7th Heaven are correct countless times.

The second I try to activate a mod after a fresh "install" of 7th Heaven (in this case I'm only testing the mod Menu - Avatars and Backdrops) I get the following error:
Code: [Select]
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.CheckAllowedActivate(Guid modID) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 564
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoActivate(Guid modID) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 624
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 864
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoModBarAction(pMod pm, ModBarAction a) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 920
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.bActivate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 200
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

7th Heaven then crashes. I can re-open 7th Heaven and activate the mod without issues. Once I try to launch the game I get an error without starting the game. The words "direct" and "music" are added under "Extra Folders" in my general settings every time I fail to launch FF7 from 7th Heaven. I can go manually launch the ff7.exe but it looks like movies don't render. I see a black screen until I hit X (on controller) to get to the main menu. Here I see that my main menu mod didn't work, and after I start a new game I'm stuck at a black screen once again. I assume this is the intro cutscene trying to play.

I can play the base steam game just fine, but without mods.

-----

EDIT: I changed literally nothing and I'm now able to play. I have to launch the FF7Config exe, close it, then open 7th Heaven and launch the game. I'm not sure why this is necessary. If I then close the game I can't relaunch via 7th Heaven. I have to close 7th Heaven and go through the FF7Config exe again etc etc.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-27 03:37:52 by HateFF7Port »

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: 3 Hours Later I Still Can't Play
« Reply #1 on: 2019-05-27 03:49:20 »
I have the steam version (1.0.9 English Steam)
GTX 1070 ti, Windows 10, 5i 9600k @ 3.7k, 16 GB RAM
7th Heaven 1.5.6.0
I successfully ran the converter with a blank ISO. I've checked that my paths in 7th Heaven are correct countless times.

The second I try to activate a mod after a fresh "install" of 7th Heaven (in this case I'm only testing the mod Menu - Avatars and Backdrops) I get the following error:
Code: [Select]
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.CheckAllowedActivate(Guid modID) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 564
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoActivate(Guid modID) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 624
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 864
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoModBarAction(pMod pm, ModBarAction a) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 920
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.bActivate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 200
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

7th Heaven then crashes. I can re-open 7th Heaven and activate the mod without issues. Once I try to launch the game I get an error without starting the game. The words "direct" and "music" are added under "Extra Folders" in my general settings every time I fail to launch FF7 from 7th Heaven. I can go manually launch the ff7.exe but it looks like movies don't render. I see a black screen until I hit X (on controller) to get to the main menu. Here I see that my main menu mod didn't work, and after I start a new game I'm stuck at a black screen once again. I assume this is the intro cutscene trying to play.

I can play the base steam game just fine, but without mods.

-----

EDIT: I changed literally nothing and I'm now able to play. I have to launch the FF7Config exe, close it, then open 7th Heaven and launch the game. I'm not sure why this is necessary. If I then close the game I can't relaunch via 7th Heaven. I have to close 7th Heaven and go through the FF7Config exe again etc etc.

Opening FF7Config.exe post game converter resets the registry keys thus breaking 7H. If you need to change settings the game converter has to be run again and choosing the Overwrite option.

LeOsTyLe

• View Profile
Re: 3 Hours Later I Still Can't Play
« Reply #2 on: 2019-05-27 09:06:14 »
I had a problem with the videos, too. Instead of crashing i got just a black screen. I solve it if running the ff7 converter in Windows 7 compatiblilty mode. And made the convertation. After this everything was right. Maybe this helps you, too. Game crashes by starting the game via 7h i only got, when i selceted some unusal resolution in windows mode. When i go full screen everything is right.