Author Topic: [FF7PC] whitERaven Model Revisions (2012-12-06)  (Read 112772 times)

dbdrummer7

• View Profile
Re: whitERaven Model Revisions
« Reply #125 on: 2012-10-20 17:30:02 »
Hey WhiteRaven! I'm a newer member and I wanted to thank you for the revisions you are doing and tell you how awesome they are! I'd like to make one suggestion about your Tifa model though. Your revision is great in many ways, but Tifa's arms and legs ended up with very little shading and I think it looks a bit strange. Just a suggestion though. Thanks again for your hard work!

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2012-10-20 20:43:36 »
Thanks, I'm aware that tifa's legs seem to lack shading.. I did some experiment on it before releasing however, everytime I try to add more shade it looks more wierd, could be because tifa is showing a lot skin that it's harder to give it a proper shading.. It also because my skills are still lacking.. when I get better I'll fix that one.. maybe include it on the next version of tifa I'll be releasing :) :) :)

dbdrummer7

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2012-10-20 23:33:42 »
OK, just wanted to make sure you know. Your skills are not even close to lacking, your battle models are my favorites! I only made the suggestion because it is always possible to improve. Again, good work and good luck!  :D And believe me, I'll look forward to the coming Tifa!

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2012-10-21 00:01:57 »
Thanks, It may take a while though.. I'm helping with other projects right now and real life seems to demand my time lately ..but I'll get done.. Just keep giving me your feedbacks and suggestions I'll take note on it and use it on improving the models.. I'll be improving them as I get better at this stuff..

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2012-10-21 15:05:29 »
Spoiler on the sephiroth I've been working on lately while waiting for cid new body model..

:) :) :)
SO how is it?? It uses parts from Anifaga's seph model which I resized.. (shown on earlier posts) and head of weemus field sephiroth model which I modified a bit (Hair revised and face). I can make UV's now so I'll be making textures on the whole model.. Gotta make him look better, more detailed and a liitle more flashy, it's sephiroth after all.. So any suggestions??
« Last Edit: 2012-10-21 15:34:46 by whitERaven »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2012-10-21 18:04:37 »
Give him some glistening abs!

You could throw in Mike's Masamune weapon for easy installation.

dbdrummer7

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2012-10-21 19:48:44 »
I don't know if I should give advice, because I've never made a mod, but it seems to me that Sephiroth's hair should have dark streaks or something and a bit more shading at the very front, because at the moment it is hard to tell that his hair comes up and outward. This is the closest I could come to showing what I mean: http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=sephiroth&hl=en&sa=X&noj=1&biw=1366&bih=673&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=hfmSisrS4Do8mM:&imgrefurl=http://www.vintagevideogamer.net/final-fantasy-7/&docid=RrfftOB83yOnXM&imgurl=http://www.vintagevideogamer.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Sephiroth_Crisis_Core.jpg&w=697&h=733&ei=zlCEUJLqKqLg0gH3mICACg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=313&vpy=279&dur=3266&hovh=230&hovw=219&tx=114&ty=254&sig=115881816185372770663&page=1&tbnh=163&tbnw=155&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:0,i:183 See how there is a bit more shading in the very front of his hair and a bit along the sides of the bangs? And the streaks in his hair show a bit. I don't know if this is possible, like I said, but it's a suggestion.  :)

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2012-10-21 22:35:51 »
Copy..

-glistening abs
-Mike's Masamune weapon
-hair should have dark streak

Noted, Sounds good I'll apply them..
How about the coat? should it be a shiny leather, or a more ragged look like in AC..?

Is the face ok or does it needs adjustments?
« Last Edit: 2012-10-21 23:58:33 by whitERaven »

dbdrummer7

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2012-10-22 00:59:59 »
I just looked up the AC Sephiroth, and it looks like he uses the shiny leather as well. Guess it compliments his "dark prince" look.  ;D The shiny leather sounds more trademark and recognizable to me, because I don't recall seeing a ragged look. By shiny leather, though, do you mean what he is using now, or are you going to give it a shine? Because right now it doesn't look very shiny. From what I can see of the face it looks pretty good. I'd have to see it up close to make any specific suggestions other than the aforementioned shading.  :)

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2012-10-22 01:30:22 »
My bad.. I thought he was wearing a more ragged coat in the AC movie..
The imaged I posted has no textures applied to it yet aside from the head.. That's why there's no shine or much details that can be seen.. I'm planning to add textures to it enhance the overall quality.. The Face is just simple textures, with base skin color then I put the eyes nose and mouth in best possible locations/positions, if it looks ok I'll be cleaning and add shading to the face texture..

dbdrummer7

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2012-10-22 09:25:47 »
OK, whoops! Like I said, never so much as considered modding before, so I had no idea... Fail.  ;D But the model definitely looks "ok" as you put it.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2012-10-22 11:13:17 »
Thanks for the comments.. I'll be working on this when I have time.. LoL I'm actually busy right now.. That seph revision I posted was the one I made Last week.. I haven't been able to do some modding lately cause of busy sched.. but I'm glad you like that sephiroth.. when I'm free.. probably this friday.. I'll work on it.. following your suggestions..

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2012-10-28 09:06:54 »
Progress has been a little slow lately cause of real life hectic sched.. but I managed to get some time to work on some of my pending works.
Here's update on the cid model, I'm waiting for omega for his adjustments on the head model it may take a while since he has a lot to work on too, for the mean time I might release this one when its done.

Made new model parts for the lower body.. this would be my first attempt in modeling so it's still a bit rough.
It's already textured, I just need to make adjustments on the waist/hip part, somethings wrong with it in some animations, I also need to test this first ingame then I'll be releasing this as beta, I'll just update this when there are new inputs.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-28 11:22:37 by whitERaven »

freshness82

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2012-10-29 16:46:30 »
Awesome! I freaking love that Cid model already...FAR better than the one I Frankensteined together for personal use awhile back. Can't wait till it releases.

ShadowzI

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2012-10-30 02:16:39 »
THE CIGAR BOX THE CIGAR BOX!!!!
ehem  ;D
don't forget it.

Recko

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2012-10-30 02:37:05 »
LOL will people stop calling it a Cigar box, Cigars are nowhere near the same as a Cigarette and since it's a Cig in his mouth safe to say it's a Cigarette Box  :-P

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2012-10-30 04:21:09 »
THE CIGAR BOX THE CIGAR BOX!!!!
ehem  ;D
don't forget it.

LoL, it's out of my scope.. Head model is done by omega, he said he'll make adjustments regarding that cigarette box when he can lets just wait for it.

Release might be delayed though.. I still need to test cid model in game to make sure it's playable before going for a beta release, but due to circumstances I won't be able to to do the testing for a while so release will also have to wait ;D
« Last Edit: 2012-10-30 05:20:25 by whitERaven »

ShadowzI

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2012-11-01 03:22:20 »
LOL will people stop calling it a Cigar box, Cigars are nowhere near the same as a Cigarette and since it's a Cig in his mouth safe to say it's a Cigarette Box  :-P

My bad, I just thought cigar box sounded more classy =D while cigarette box was to long to type and cig box sounded strange in my head.
In a word moot.
LoL, it's out of my scope.. Head model is done by omega, he said he'll make adjustments regarding that cigarette box when he can lets just wait for it.

Release might be delayed though.. I still need to test cid model in game to make sure it's playable before going for a beta release, but due to circumstances I won't be able to to do the testing for a while so release will also have to wait ;D

I understand that. I wanted to be doing some video revision (again[well not "remastering" this time at least]) but tied up with exams...
good luck with your stuff though.

CloudStrife668

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2012-11-09 04:14:34 »
do u think you can start converting them to the other files like high-us.LPG chocobo.LPG field.LPG and world.LPG

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2012-11-13 01:44:54 »
Sorry, Can't do, as I explained many times before My Laptop and kimera seems to have troubles when dealing with field models.. It crashes and lags a lot that it's annoying so I'm limited to battle models for now. I believe JLoutlaw did a Chocobo/field/world retex on the tifa model using my edited textures I think you can still download it at the big list of mods, Also if anyone can do conversions of this battle models if they want to, it's fine with me ;D ;D ;D

Btw I lost my files due to HDD failure so it may take sometime before I can continue on the projects I'm working on. ;D

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2012-11-13 03:47:28 »
Sorry, Can't do, as I explained many times before My Laptop and kimera seems to have troubles when dealing with field models.. It crashes and lags a lot that it's annoying so I'm limited to battle models for now. I believe JLoutlaw did a Chocobo/field/world retex on the tifa model using my edited textures I think you can still download it at the big list of mods, Also if anyone can do conversions of this battle models if they want to, it's fine with me ;D ;D ;D

Btw I lost my files due to HDD failure so it may take sometime before I can continue on the projects I'm working on. ;D
Can I help you with that?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #146 on: 2012-11-13 04:45:33 »
First Weemus, now WhiteRaven....

We were so close to having a matching set of main characters :(

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2012-11-13 09:18:12 »
Can I help you with that?

With converting to field? sure.. I don't really mind.. you can even release it as your own ;D

I'm still planning to continue with HQ main characters, so far for Cid I only hace the head model by Omega, Lol.. I also finished redoing the legs and boots model, but its not textured yet.. the sephiroth was lost unfortunately, I may have to start from the beginning again, I also lost my installer of FF7 so I can't do testings for the model till I can get another copy of the installer.. So far I lost all the mods I have, I can still create models since it's easy to grab the tools needed and I still have my blender and photoshop, but it may take while to have my ff7 running again, maybe I can let guys here do the testing ;D ;D

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2012-11-13 09:42:00 »
With converting to field? sure.. I don't really mind.. you can even release it as your own ;D

I'm really not interested in releasing it at my own.It's just not feels right.I mean converting battle model to field is a simple task,anyone can do it if they try(unless they have problems such as yours)

Should I upload it here or in a new thread when it's done?

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2012-11-13 09:57:52 »
well I'm planning on making this thread exclusive for the battle models I'm revising,
so I think you can start a new thread for it, so discussions about your conversions can be discussed there.. ;D ;D

Yup it's really easy if you know ins and outs of the basic tools like kimera an pcreator, but can also be a bit tricky and a hassle sometimes, needs patience, and  a lot,

thanks in advance I know many will appreciate it.