Author Topic: [WIP] Custom Game Settings (FF7)  (Read 92427 times)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: [WIP] Custom Game Settings (FF7)
« Reply #125 on: 2011-05-02 22:23:10 »
That's what your debugger showed you.

It looks like this in my debugger..

Call Near DWORD PTR [EAX*4+9055A0]

Your debugger sucks, it's a structure, this is how structures are used in ASM.
You don't pay attention - I was talking about machine code - debugger is just nice and shows it as *4 (mine does too). And it's not a structure. At it's best you could call it an array.

//---

PS: It's not an array, it's a structure, learn the difference. It's C code, not C++, the port was done in C++, not this, it's the original C code. (Only the graphics, etc, are using C++, ie port specific code.)
Didn't pay attention one more time - I actually said "FF7 (for PC)". Doesn't matter anyway, bit-shifts are not C++ - specific.

And as for the scruct thing - prove it. Write a C listing (a simple one) that would compile into such code - then we'll talk.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 22:28:39 by dziugo »

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2011-05-02 22:27:33 »
You don't pay attention - I was talking about machine code - debugger is just nice and shows it as *4 (mine does too). And it's not a structure. At it's best you could call it an array.

It's a structure.

At any rate, IDA and the debugger show it as eax*4, so why change the formula?

Seriously, just write the formulas to match what I'm looking at, or, I'm going to assume you are wrong. It's pretty simple. We're not machines, we're people, use people code, alright.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 22:37:41 by Wutai Clan »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #127 on: 2011-05-02 22:31:51 »
Right. Sorry for that.

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2011-05-02 22:35:13 »
Right. Sorry for that.

I highly doubt it.

And, as far as I know the CPU just executes the code, the compiler makes all the optimizations, not the CPU. So it doesn't look like that, ever, except in your little delusional mind. If it looked like that anywhere, it would show up in IDA\Debugger, it doesn't.

IDA doesn't do that elsewhere, there are plenty of places where the code uses bit shifting, but you're right, just for this one function, it decided to change the code to be easier to read.  ::)  -- (And how do you think IDA get's the code, it executes it, and reads what happened on the stack\registers, that's what it saw occur, so that's how the machine code really looks.)

I don't appreciate being confronted over bullsh*t, especially when it was your own mistake that caused the issue to begin with. Had you explained yourself clearly, in a straightforward manner, I would have used your info, you didn't, so I didn't, end of f*cking story.

---

Even if it does that at some low level, I've mentioned that bit shifting isn't something I understand well. What I asked for was accurate info, not math lessons. I'll figure that out on my own time, as it becomes necessary. So your excuse for doing so, ie, helping me out, is BS.

Regardless, everyone else managed to give me info that lined up with the debugger\disassembler, you didn't. That's why I used their info, and not yours.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-02 23:42:06 by Wutai Clan »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2011-05-03 07:27:30 »
You seem to have removed some content, so no quotes for those parts.
I highly doubt it.
Oh, but I do! I'm sorry for thinking that you can actually be smarter than a debugger. The "fancy operator" I used is being taught in one of the firsts classes of C (in case of bit logic and/or operator precedence, whichever comes first). From now on, I'll be sure to double-check if the provided data is in way you'd understand.

And about .NET (C# in your case) not having anything to do with spoiling people (can't quote you now) - it does. Microsoft had made a very successful attempt to provide people with a programming language where everything* can be done with a few lines of code. It spoils people in a way that they EXPECT that everything they need is out there, somewhere (in a C# and VB.NET version).

*everything - everything that they've thought you'd need

And, as far as I know the CPU just executes the code, the compiler makes all the optimizations, not the CPU. So it doesn't look like that, ever, except in your little delusional mind.
Right about the first sentence. Let's see what we've established: CPU doesn't do optimization, just executes the code.

If it looked like that anywhere, it would show up in IDA\Debugger, it doesn't.

IDA doesn't do that elsewhere, there are plenty of places where the code uses bit shifting, but you're right, just for this one function, it decided to change the code to be easier to read.  ::)
Second one (after removing the sarcasm): IDA will not make any attempt at providing user with more-friendly data.

Now let's produce some code with that famous opcode part. To the right you'd see a disassembled line, and to the left - actual machine code.
Code: [Select]
FF140D A0559000        CALL DWORD PTR DS:[ECX+9055A0]
FF144D A0559000        CALL DWORD PTR DS:[ECX*2+9055A0]
FF148D A0559000        CALL DWORD PTR DS:[ECX*4+9055A0]
FF14CD A0559000        CALL DWORD PTR DS:[ECX*8+9055A0]
The only byte that changes is the 3rd one (0x0D -> 0x4D -> 0x8D -> 0xCD). In binary:
You'd expect it to be 1, 2, 4 & 8, but that's actually 0, 1, 2 (SHL 2 equals *4 ) and 3 (SHL 3 equals *8 ), so it actually does a bit-shift. So, "just for this one function, it decided to change the code to be easier to read"? No way! (disclaimer: not saying that's bad).

(And how do you think IDA get's the code, it executes it, and reads what happened on the stack\registers, that's what it saw occur, so that's how the machine code really looks.)
LoL ;) No, Mister Ignorant :) It interprets it, at it's best, parse maybe, but sure as hell does not execute it. That would be a big security hole if it just "oh, lets run it and see what it does, yay!". Machine code is the hex codes you see next to each disassembled line ;)

I don't appreciate being confronted over bullsh*t, especially when it was your own mistake that caused the issue to begin with. Had you explained yourself clearly, in a straightforward manner, I would have used your info, you didn't, so I didn't, end of f*cking story.

---

Even if it does that at some low level, I've mentioned that bit shifting isn't something I understand well. What I asked for was accurate info, not math lessons. I'll figure that out on my own time, as it becomes necessary. So your excuse for doing so, ie, helping me out, is BS.

Regardless, everyone else managed to give me info that lined up with the debugger\disassembler, you didn't. That's why I used their info, and not yours.
In short:
The only mistake I did was assuming that you actually did understand the "thing" (no, it wasn't me who started explaning it to you) - I was giving you info in a manner I thought that you'd surely understand now. I stand corrected.

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2011-05-03 10:26:48 »
I'll be sure to double-check if the provided data is in way you'd understand.

Why not just post it in binary next time, that'll be helpful.

There ya go, good luck decoding.. Don't be an ass, just post the sh*t in plain English, unless it actually requires you to use some formula, like AddItems did, etc,. That way, someone can look, and go, oh, that's what he's talking about, I see it.

(Btw, I've learned how to use the shift operator since then, these are past tense answers, as in, why I ignored the post days ago.)

And about .NET (C# in your case) not having anything to do with spoiling people (can't quote you now) - it does.

You can't learn C++ without the internet, a book, or schooling, it's such a nonsensical language, that you will be constantly referencing something.

With C#, the intellisense alone is generally enough to figure it out(if not, you can easily look at the source via reflection\metadata\etc.), I rarely need to reference anything with it. In C++, you have to use a reference just to do simple data conversions. (Do I really need to Google for three hours to figure out something C# does with ease, is that what makes a "good" language. If you say so. Without the internet, you couldn't do sh*t in C\C++, you'd get stuck with some obscure error, and struggle for months trying to figure it out. Argue if you want, but you know it's true.)

There is a reason C# is taking over as the industry standard, it's because it's better. C# rules for the same reason remote controls do, because it's easier than walking across the room, and changing channels manually. Get it?

Still not clear, here is how I see C++..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_machine

No, Mister Ignorant :) It interprets it, at it's best, parse maybe, but sure as hell does not execute it. That would be a big security hole if it just "oh, lets run it and see what it does, yay!". Machine code is the hex codes you see next to each disassembled line ;)

Yes, in a world without virtualization, that might be true, however, that's not our world. (You can easily execute any code safely if you know what you are doing.)

No, hex isn't machine code, binary is, hex is for human benefit, like ASM, and C++, etc,.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

In short:
The only mistake I did was assuming that you actually did understand the "thing" (no, it wasn't me who started explaning it to you) - I was giving you info in a manner I thought that you'd surely understand now. I stand corrected.

The mistake you made, was coming into my topic, and acting like an a*shole, who cares if I ignored your post, and figured it out myself? F*ck off. Seriously.

Btw, you just volunteered yourself to finish this project. Good luck. :)

@All, direct all inquiries to dziugo, he is the COMPUTER MASTER, and will have this project done in no time. I'm sure he'll have no trouble doing anything I've done, since he's so much smarter than me. (Sure, I know, he's had the last six years to do so, and hasn't, but, he was just biding his time, the sleeper has awakened, you'll see.)
« Last Edit: 2011-05-03 12:48:46 by Wutai Clan »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2011-05-03 18:41:43 »
Don't be an ass, just post the sh*t in plain English,

Can I second this.  No offence but there seem to be a lot of people around who like to look smart by being complicated.  So many times it happens that I ask for a simple explanation and get a ton of jumble back. It is very irritating.  When I ask how I can make a section of code simpler, I do not expect a 100 page essay.  Just give me the 1 line of code.

8)
« Last Edit: 2011-05-03 18:45:38 by DLPB »

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2011-05-03 21:45:22 »
Agreed. :)

---

Furthermore.

Some of you, are a*sholes.

For example, I release an "Alpha" in less than a week after the project was born, which is very quick, and then, I get this ->  >:( Because, said alpha wasn't a perfect working release.

You do realize, that was extremely quick for what I did, and not many people could do the same. More importantly, software companies, have many test PC's, with different hardware, software, and operating systems installed. They have bug testers, quality assurance, etc,.

Despite all those measures, even paid software has bugs. (After months\years in development.)

Now, you, are giving me angry faces, because a one week old alpha release, which hasn't had the benefit of being tested on various machines, or going through rigorous bug testing, and quality assurance testing, isn't working properly? Does anyone see the problem here?

I try to come up with a solution, and post several debug builds, but, no, you're done, and not helping me anymore, I wasted your time apparently, because an alpha wasn't f*cking immaculate. Piss off. You couldn't do any better, and expecting it from me, for FREE no less, I should kill you.

So, that really pissed me off.

Here read this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Alpha

Now, I got this jerkoff showing up, why did you figure that out on your own, I told you how to do it?

Because, no you didn't, isn't it clear, your information made no sense, so I figured it out myself. (I mean, why would someone figure something out themselves, if you had told them in a clear manner, it's not even possible. If you told me, and I understood it, then I couldn't possibly figure it out myself, because you already told me,. Nevermind, you're too stupid to get it.)
« Last Edit: 2011-05-03 21:49:54 by Wutai Clan »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2011-05-03 22:06:57 »
A word of advice Wutai, ignore those which piss you off on the internet. There will always be people that expect something for nothing, and even more still that will criticize you work yet will not or cannot do work of their own, and even more still that will keep asking you when the next release is. My point being, if you are not able to shrug these things off then you will blow a gasket (which you look very close to doing already.)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2011-05-03 22:14:13 »
Yup... I've also learned that you just have to ignore it.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2011-05-03 22:30:31 »
I don't know if some parts of your latest reply were directed at me specifically Wutai Clan, but let me tell you why I "left".

1) because I noticed that other people started playtesting your mod, too. I thought you were in good hands -- guess you weren't.

2) I really don't have the technical knowledge to help you.

3) I have a mod of my own that's taking almost all of my free time, and I noticed that with the way your program works, the two wouldn't be compatible.

So yeah. Sorry for "leaving" like that, but I'm focusing on my mod right now. The most important thing when working on tools/mods, is to make them for your own pleasure first. Also, another reason why I didn't create a topic about my mod, is because I'm aware the attitude of other people could bring me down (sometimes to the point of wanting to drop it all). And I don't want that.

When I finally make a thread about my mod, I won't care much if it's being shot down or if people don't care about it, since at least it will be fully playable. I'm really making my mod for my own needs/pleasure first, and I suggest you do the same (if the two are comparable).
« Last Edit: 2011-05-03 22:44:11 by Armorvil »

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2011-05-04 00:26:42 »
See below..
« Last Edit: 2011-05-06 11:31:30 by Wutai Clan »

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2011-05-06 12:08:20 »
Well, I've decided to keep working on the project.

I can't promise it will work for everyone, and since no one would run the debug builds, I can't do much about that. I'll make a new thread when it's ready for release. (Could be days\weeks\months, hard to say.)

Arikadoo

« Reply #138 on: 2011-05-07 18:04:38 »
I have tried testing it but whenever I run them game this error pops up "You have an error in your config file, some options may  not have been parsed. (no such option 'load_library'), im using the latest Aali's Custom graphics driver.

Would you mind telling me how could I do this with Cheat Engine, I already have EXP and Ap adresses, but I don't know how to make my Cheat Engine to double the EXP or AP.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2011-05-07 18:06:24 »
Post your ff7_opengl.cfg

Arikadoo

« Reply #140 on: 2011-05-07 20:46:47 »
Never mind... I downloaded the latest Aali's graphic driver and now works, Ap x 5 is working nice, Haven't tried Exp and Gil multipliers yet. Thanks

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2011-05-07 21:17:20 »
Well, I tried it and...

A message pops up at the startup saying "DLL Test Loaded" and a blank command box appears. But nothing else.

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2011-05-11 02:52:27 »
Here, this package contains three debug versions, try them all, and let me know which if any works. (Run in windowed mode for the test.)

http://www.mediafire.com/?d3apd6xwex9yc7g

Basically, I've disabled several features in each version, to try to narrow down where it's going wrong.

Here are the test descriptions.

DLL Load Test:

This test does nothing but show a messagebox, every other feature is disabled, if this doesn't work, it's a runtime\compile issue.

Console Only Test:

This test will just load the debug console, this will tell me if that's somehow causing issues. (Though it was disabled by default.)

No Logging Test:

This test will load everything, but disables all logging features, to determine whether the logging method is an issue.

----------

Here is a partial list of items for the wiki.

Code: [Select]
Slot: 0
ItemID: Potion [0] // 0 = Potion
Count: 99

Slot: 1
ItemID: Hi-Potion [1] // 1 = Hi-Potion
Count: 63

Slot: 2
ItemID: X-Potion [2]
Count: 2

Slot: 3
ItemID: Ether [3]
Count: 20

Slot: 4
ItemID: Turbo Ether [4]
Count: 6

Slot: 5
ItemID: Elixir [5]
Count: 9

Slot: 6
ItemID: Megalixir [6]
Count: 3

Slot: 7
ItemID: Phoenix Down [7]
Count: 50

Slot: 8
ItemID: Antidote [8]
Count: 15

Slot: 9
ItemID: Soft [9]
Count: 97

Slot: 10
ItemID: Maiden's Kiss [10]
Count: 91

Slot: 11
ItemID: Cornucopia [11]
Count: 98

Slot: 12
ItemID: Echo Screen [12]
Count: 1

Slot: 13
ItemID: Hyper [13]
Count: 92

Slot: 14
ItemID: Tranquilizer [14]
Count: 92

Slot: 15
ItemID: Remedy [15]
Count: 32

Slot: 16
ItemID: Smoke Bomb [16]

Slot: 17
ItemID: Grenade [20]
Count: 12

Slot: 18
ItemID: Spider Web [25]

Slot: 19
ItemID: Fire Fang [30]

Slot: 20
ItemID: Deadly Waste [38]

Slot: 21
ItemID: M-Tentacles [39]

Slot: 22
ItemID: Vampire Fang [41]

Slot: 23
ItemID: Ghost Hand [42]

Slot: 24
ItemID: Vagyrisk Claw [43]

Slot: 25
ItemID: Eye Drops [52]
Count: 13

Slot: 26
ItemID: Molotov [53]
Count: 5

Slot: 27
ItemID: S-mine [54]

Slot: 28
ItemID: Graviball [56]

Slot: 29
ItemID: T/S Bomb [57]

Slot: 30
ItemID: Dragon Fang [60]

Slot: 31
ItemID: Mimett Greens [64]

Slot: 32
ItemID: Curiel Greens [65]

Slot: 33
ItemID: Pahsana Greens [66]
Count: 4

Slot: 34
ItemID: Tantal Greens [67]

Slot: 35
ItemID: Krakka Greens [68]

Slot: 36
ItemID: Gysahl Greens [69]

Slot: 37
ItemID: Tent [70]
Count: 15

Slot: 38
ItemID: Power Source [71]

Slot: 39
ItemID: Guard Source [72]

Slot: 40
ItemID: Magic Source [73]

Slot: 41
ItemID: Mind Source [74]

Slot: 42
ItemID: Speed Source [75]

Slot: 43
ItemID: Luck Source [76]

Slot: 44
ItemID: Lasan Nut [81]

Slot: 45
ItemID: Saraha Nut [82]

Slot: 46
ItemID: Luchile Nut [83]

Slot: 47
ItemID: Battery [85]

Slot: 48
ItemID: Cosmo Memory [91]

Slot: 49
ItemID: 1/35 Soldier [95]

Slot: 50
ItemID: Buster Sword [128]

Slot: 51
ItemID: Mythril Saber [129]

Slot: 52
ItemID: Hardedge [130]

Slot: 53
ItemID: Butterfly Edge [131]

Slot: 54
ItemID: Enhance Sword [132]

Slot: 55
ItemID: Organics [133]

Slot: 56
ItemID: Force Stealer [135]

Slot: 57
ItemID: Rune Blade [136]

Slot: 58
ItemID: Nail Bat [138]

Slot: 59
ItemID: Leather Glove [144]

Slot: 60
ItemID: Metal Knuckle [145]

Slot: 61
ItemID: Mythril Claw [146]

Slot: 62
ItemID: Grand Glove [147]

Slot: 63
ItemID: Tiger Fang [148]

Slot: 64
ItemID: Dragon Claw [150]

Slot: 65
ItemID: Motor Drive [152]

Slot: 66
ItemID: Kaiser Knuckle [154]

Slot: 67
ItemID: Work Glove [155]

Slot: 68
ItemID: Powersoul [156]

Slot: 69
ItemID: Gatling Gun [160]

Slot: 70
ItemID: Cannon Ball [161]

Slot: 71
ItemID: Atomic Scissors [162]

Slot: 72
ItemID: Heavy Vulcan [163]

Slot: 73
ItemID: Microlaser [164]

Slot: 74
ItemID: W Machine Gun [166]

Slot: 75
ItemID: Drill Arm [168]

Slot: 76
ItemID: Rocket Punch [169]

Slot: 77
ItemID: Enemy Launcher [171]

Slot: 78
ItemID: Mythril Clip [172]

Slot: 79
ItemID: Diamond Pin [176]

Slot: 80
ItemID: Adaman Clip [177]

Slot: 81
ItemID: Seraph Comb [180]

Slot: 82
ItemID: Guard Stick [186]

Slot: 83
ItemID: Mythril Rod [190]

Slot: 84
ItemID: Full Metal Staff [191]

Slot: 85
ItemID: Striking Staff [192]

Slot: 86
ItemID: Wizard Staff [193]

Slot: 87
ItemID: Wizer Staff [196]

Slot: 88
ItemID: Fairy Tale [197]

Slot: 89
ItemID: Princess Guard [198]

Slot: 90
ItemID: Trident [200]

Slot: 91
ItemID: Javelin [203]

Slot: 92
ItemID: 4-point Shuriken [207]

Slot: 93
ItemID: Boomerang [215]

Slot: 94
ItemID: Hawkeye [216]

Slot: 95
ItemID: Wind Slash [219]

Slot: 96
ItemID: Yellow M-phone [221]

Slot: 97
ItemID: White M-phone [229]

Slot: 98
ItemID: Black M-phone [234]

Slot: 99
ItemID: Trumpet Shell [235]

Slot: 100
ItemID: Quicksilver [237]

Slot: 101
ItemID: Shotgun [242]

Slot: 102
ItemID: Lariat [243]

Slot: 103
ItemID: Silver Rifle [245]

Slot: 104
ItemID: Sniper CR [250]

Slot: 105
ItemID: Bronze Bangle [251]

Slot: 106
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->256 [256]

Slot: 107
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->257 [257]

Slot: 108
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->258 [258]

Slot: 109
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->259 [259]
Count: 9

Slot: 110
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->260 [260]

Slot: 111
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->261 [261]

Slot: 112
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->263 [263]

Slot: 113
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->265 [265]

Slot: 114
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->266 [266]

Slot: 115
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->267 [267]

Slot: 116
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->268 [268]

Slot: 117
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->270 [270]

Slot: 118
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->277 [277]

Slot: 119
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->278 [278]

Slot: 120
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->279 [279]

Slot: 121
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->281 [281]

Slot: 122
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->288 [288]

Slot: 123
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->289 [289]

Slot: 124
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->290 [290]

Slot: 125
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->291 [291]

Slot: 126
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->295 [295]

Slot: 127
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->298 [298]

Slot: 128
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->299 [299]

Slot: 129
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->300 [300]

Slot: 130
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->301 [301]

Slot: 131
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->302 [302]

Slot: 132
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->303 [303]

Slot: 133
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->306 [306]

Slot: 134
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->307 [307]

Slot: 135
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->312 [312]

Slot: 136
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->316 [316]

Slot: 137
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->317 [317]

Slot: 138
ItemID: UNKNOWN:ID->319 [319]

Slot: 139
ItemID: Empty Slot [511]
Count: 127

---

Well, I got some text rendering set up, I ended up just using Aali's function for printing to the screen. He shared the offset for the function a few days back, but I wasn't sure what module that offset was relative to, but I finally found it. (Thanks Aali.)

So that's good, I can print text, and draw primitive shapes now. :)

Still a ways off from having an in-game console, etc,.

I've also been working on some ideas, I think I'm going to add event triggers to a number of functions, that way I can have things fire when certain things occur. (Damage taken, shop buy\sell, staying at an inn..)

You could, for example, add a random chance for gil to be stolen while staying at an inn, or, have a special item give shop discounts, etc,.

If I can add LUA scripts, I could try to expose these handlers so you can add your own functions by writing some custom scripts, etc,.
« Last Edit: 2011-05-14 05:06:12 by Wutai Clan »

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2011-05-15 10:13:36 »
I think I'm done.

This lack of support, and cooperation, is annoying. :x

It's your business if you don't want to help, but honestly, if you can't spend 10 minutes scanning memory, and reporting an address or two, then you honestly don't deserve this project. (It's easy, there are thousands of tutorials, no excuse will work for me here, anyone can do this. You type a number, hit search, and wait for the results.)

It's not like you had to dedicate your life to this, you could have, every now and again, helped out. With 3,000+ views on this thread, had all of them contributed even a LITTLE, a lot more would be done, and I wouldn't be so annoyed.

Despite what you may think, this is not a one man job, don't believe me, try it yourself, the original game code was probably over 200,000+ lines of code(give or take.), and decoding, is WAY slower than coding. It took a whole team years to code the engine, so what do you expect when you leave one person to try to do a harder job by themselves, and then give them fucking attitude over stupid shit, etc,.

Plus, Aali's driver is interfering, and he still isn't answering PM's. Seriously, it's near impossible to track his changes, I've found no easy way to do it. (And I'm pretty good at this stuff now.) That leaves the hard way, which is very, very, very time consuming. (ie, at runtime, and making notes manually about what's happening, which is very hard since you lose all the context, ie, you can't see an OpenGL call, as an OpenGL call in memory with a debugger, it's just ASM like everything else. Trust me, I've got the best tools available, and it's still not easy..)

I'll still hack the game for my own purposes, and in my own time, but as for this project, well you killed it. Feel free to try yourselves, all the info is here, figure it out, and don't expect a lot of support, apparently, you're on your own.

PS: I don't want to hear any BS, ie, it's YOUR project, why should we help. No, it's a project I was doing for THIS community. But, apparently this community, consist of about two helpful people, and a bunch of lazy grubby motherfuckers who just want shit handed to them on a silver platter. (3,000+ views, and two helpful people, I think the numbers speak for themselves.)

Btw, good luck finding another hacker willing to do this.

Aali's is your best bet, and I don't see em' volunteering to help, much less do the job in it's entirety. dziugo, he's trying to decompile the game, which, honestly isn't much help, you still have to do all the decoding, it's still scrambled C++, instead of scrambled ASM, so, don't expect him to do anything soon.

Peace
« Last Edit: 2011-05-17 17:59:24 by Wutai Clan »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2011-05-18 22:17:54 »
Sorry to see this project die, from a technical standpoint it seemed pretty interesting. Unfortunately I do not have much time or motivation to whip out ff7 and mess around with it. As for everyone else yes most of them just want a finished tool to use.

Anyways best of luck.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2011-05-19 15:36:58 »
You should not care about people :)  Do it for those of us who do care and want to see something and are not just grabbers.

Remember though that 3000 views does not equal 3000 people, and of those not many will have the skills required to help you.  I have had tons of people who wanted to help translate and don't know Japanese and others who want to construct menu and can't.

It might seem simple to you but most people can't do it.

Dan

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #146 on: 2011-05-19 16:07:11 »
I'd have helped, but for one reason or another on each of the computers I have access to, FFVII absolutely refuses to run. My own decoding has slowed to a crawl too since I can't get IDA to even execute whatever code I give it.

I'm sorry to have seen this project die. I suppose I can only hope you (or someone else) will revisit this.

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2011-08-17 12:06:18 »
There still seems to be a misunderstanding here about what the real issue is. (Which is partially my fault, because I have lot's of issue with the situation.)

The main issue is simple:

I asked for testers to help solve an issue, specifically, those who reported the issue, needed to get their asses back here and run the test to help solve it. Point blank. (This was a project halting issue.)

Now, I'm over here expecting to put YEARS of my free time into this, make NO money, deal with hundreds of ppl, doing technical support, etc,. Just tons of work\effort on my part.

So, when I had to ask more than twice(and I did) for the ppl who reported the issue to help me out by running some simple test, there is a major issue.

Personal grievances aside, the project simply halted due to technical issues, I can't reproduce the issue, several users did, which means, if several thousand ppl use this, large quantities of them will get the issue.

(There is also the issue with Aali's driver, he needs to release his source, or expose all his methods via a plugin API.)

The rest is just annoyance with this "job" altogether, I don't know, if you don't get it, you probably haven't done it long enough yet(or at all).. It's not worth discussing any further, you either know, don't, someday will, or never will. :)