Author Topic: Question about the Zack Mod  (Read 4683 times)

SmackinHard87

Question about the Zack Mod
« on: 2006-05-01 15:29:03 »
I don't want to bring up an old topic, but I was wondering about the progress of this patch. I remember hearing about an idea of switching any character with zack. I just wanted to know if that feature is implemented at all.

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-01 15:33:16 »
here
Code: [Select]
http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=5281&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=zack

SmackinHard87

« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-01 20:23:01 »
Sorry, I knew where it was I just didn't want to revive an old topic (well tech. I did lol). I wanted to know if the mod was able to change any character into Zack. Just cause I'd love to get rid of my boy Cait Sith.

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-01 21:00:15 »
Try different topics, as I truly don't know I am sure if you PM dziugo (hehehe) he can whup something up for you 8) try searching also.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-01 21:23:32 »
Quote from: Steve Jr
at the moment i've put zack on hold and im working on a completely new character im makeing it in milkshape then converting it peice by peice in ultima is very time consumeing but hope fully it will be done half way threw march

but if you want to piss off cait sith download my beta then change the RA to RY on all the files

That is how I did it.  Yes, at the moment their aren't any eyes for zack or a new field model (NPC/Reunion style).  Still a great mod, I hope someone would complete it.  I might try myself.

Link to topic here.

SmackinHard87

Re: Question about the Zack Mod
« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-08 14:20:34 »
Thanks man, It worked out. I have another question: I was wondering if I could do the same thing with the field models? Like I take all of Zack's files, copy them, and then change the name of them to ones of Cait Sith's. Do you think that will work? And if so, does anyone know the name of all of caith sith's and zack's field files? (I know that was more like a thousand questions) Thanks!

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-08 21:11:31 »
Quote from: SmackinHard87
I have another question: I was wondering if I could do the same thing with the field models? Like I take all of Zack's files, copy them, and then change the name of them to ones of Cait Sith's. Do you think that will work? And if so, does anyone know the name of all of caith sith's and zack's field files?
My understanding was the battle and field models differ greatly in size.  You would first have to resize the models to the correct proportions.  I'm hoping one of the many talented patchers here could complete it.  I would myself, unfortunately upcomming finals will leave me little time to play Final Fantasy VII let alone modify it.  :-)

SmackinHard87

« Reply #7 on: 2006-05-08 22:24:53 »
Yup, finals suck. I have so much crap to do, I'm a horrible procrastinator. Back on topic I don't want to used Zack's battle files and place them on Cait Sith's field model, but take Zack's field and change it with Cait's field. If the resizing issue applies to the field models being swiped with other field models then I'm sorry you have a free pass to smack me.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-05-09 15:01:43 »
with any luck there should be a new Zack battle model in the next week or 2 which will hopefully look more like the zack out of FF7:Last Order(OVA) eyes included  all perty an stuff there is however one thing im gonna need and thats Kimerav5c because i had a harddrive failure losing all my previous work but nuf about my stupidness of not backing up

i was wondering if someone for e.g dziugo or say Alhexx would be able to make or switch/copy some limit breaks from person to person for general use so i can make Zack mod slightly more complete

im also going to neaten up vincent mod maybe make a turks mod
« Last Edit: 2006-05-09 15:05:52 by Steve Jr »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-05-10 01:17:11 »
Quote from: SmackinHard87
If the resizing issue applies to the field models being swiped with other field models then I'm sorry you have a free pass to smack me.
No need to smack you, even if your name seems to welcome it.  :-)
My understanding was the only current Zack field model was in SD form.  I guess I just assumed you were using the Reunion/NPC model project.  Then the SD Zack field model would seem out of place.  If you are using the original SD models, I don't see any harm in it.  Just be sure to backup your .lgp beforehand in case something goes wrong.

SmackinHard87

« Reply #10 on: 2006-05-10 08:24:58 »
Oh ok gotcha Otokoshi, thanks for the details!