Author Topic: New Project: Bombing Mission!  (Read 524734 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: New Project: Bombing Mission!
« Reply #275 on: 2010-05-30 22:07:15 »
 :-o

Simply amazing!

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #276 on: 2010-05-30 22:08:01 »
Started work on making the bridge from scratch:

Nice Biggs model so far NCS - i can't wait until we start seeing these new models ingame  :-D
Lookin' good - remember, we have to be able to align the camera 96% perfectly when it's done, so make sure you've gotta make sure you at least know where the camera should be. Also, that light at the end there is way too bright, I think.

Small update, some detailing, some lighting, some materials...

Any comments?
...Wow, That's amazing dude, seriously epic!
As far as constructive criticism goes, there's not much I can say at all. If I was going to compare exactly with the original, I'd say the Blue lights are too bright, and the regular ones aren't bright enough. Also I guess the cobblestones on the floor are slightly too tall horizontally - but that's all purely artistic lisence

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #277 on: 2010-05-30 22:46:00 »
damn this is gonna be better looking then i thought... keep up the good work everyone!

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2010-05-30 22:48:19 »
damn this is gonna be better looking then i thought... keep up the good work everyone!

You have no idea

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2010-05-31 02:32:19 »
Oh wow, amazing work guys!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2010-05-31 02:53:46 »
It's a shame ya'll will have to use rendered pictures :(   Someone had better keep all of these 3D models saved somewhere, because I like to hold out hope that eventually a 3D field with movable camera will be possible.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2010-05-31 03:01:36 »
That's amazing!

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2010-05-31 03:17:29 »
It's a shame ya'll will have to use rendered pictures :(   Someone had better keep all of these 3D models saved somewhere, because I like to hold out hope that eventually a 3D field with movable camera will be possible.

Akari has been looking into this for Qgears. He said he had one of my field models loaded into the game. He wanted me to try and convert it but unfortunately my computer was acting up and i had to reformat. Will take me a little while to get back up to speed.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2010-05-31 04:36:59 »
@ spoox, very impressive, keep it up. I hope you stick around a long time here  :-D When yer done that scene (i assume you have the platform and that area all in one large file, I'd like to render the cinematic where the camera pans to the reactor.

@ neocloud, send me one of yer meshes, i wanna fix the hands, they're REAAAALLY bugging me :P but overall yer characters are looking good. keep it up!

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2010-05-31 08:19:09 »
Started work on making the bridge from scratch:

Nice Biggs model so far NCS - i can't wait until we start seeing these new models ingame  :-D
Lookin' good - remember, we have to be able to align the camera 96% perfectly when it's done, so make sure you've gotta make sure you at least know where the camera should be. Also, that light at the end there is way too bright, I think.

Small update, some detailing, some lighting, some materials...

Any comments?
...Wow, That's amazing dude, seriously epic!
As far as constructive criticism goes, there's not much I can say at all. If I was going to compare exactly with the original, I'd say the Blue lights are too bright, and the regular ones aren't bright enough. Also I guess the cobblestones on the floor are slightly too tall horizontally - but that's all purely artistic lisence
Damn man 3d looks way better than 2d. But it cannot be implemented in the game without Q-Gears right??

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2010-05-31 09:27:44 »
That's some serious skills, SpooX.
Keep up with the great work until you make it better than Square did :b

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #286 on: 2010-05-31 10:01:01 »
@ neocloud, send me one of yer meshes, i wanna fix the hands, they're REAAAALLY bugging me :P but overall yer characters are looking good. keep it up!
Inorite?
It occurred to me about an hour ago that I was never actually shown how to make low poly hands that look like they've been shaped somewhat into a fist, and also I have no 3D reference for such things. I was gonan take a look at that barret model, but I couldn't be bothered to download the installer just for that.

Kintaru

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2010-05-31 10:57:31 »
Wow,This is all looking amazing you guys.  I really wish I could help in some way, but at the moment I don't have the time, or the skill to really do anything :P.  I am however planning to learn how to do this relatively soon however, so who knows, I might be able to help out some time in the future.  I hope it's pretty quick, because I would love to model Sephiroth.  But that's just because I am a Sephy fan boy :P

Anyway, keep up the great work.  I hope I can be of some help some day.  Until then though, keep on doing amazing work like usual.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2010-06-01 12:28:11 »
When do you expect a release of some of this amazing stuff? Only after its completed fully?

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #289 on: 2010-06-01 13:04:47 »
As soon as the entire bombing mission section is completed, We'll release a "Bombing Mission Demo", I think. We're still waiting on the Cloud model, the field models, Mono Drive, MP, Guard Hound and the Field/Battle backgrounds. Most/all of the things I just listed are being actively worked on, so it shouldn't take forever.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2010-06-01 13:17:41 »
So it'll be released after some months right?? *excited* :roll:

antcoley

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2010-06-01 17:00:46 »
did a little work on the mono drone
that one is based on the original model but i alterd bits and made them fit togeather better and changed parts about

this one i made from scratch as with the other one the textures dont have to be whats on someone else might have to do them

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2010-06-01 17:06:50 »
The one you have made from scratch is much much better. Great job man!! ;D

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2010-06-01 17:27:12 »

Hey if you feel you could do a faster job feel free. If not then you can wait like everyone else.

antcoley

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2010-06-01 17:37:21 »
bummer i cant get the model to export from bryce 6 :( must have made it to complex in some way to let me export

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2010-06-01 17:46:18 »
Maybe the format you are trying to export to doesnt handle some of the features you used with your model? Try exporting to a different format maybe.

antcoley

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2010-06-01 17:50:27 »
i cant export it at all the export button isnt lit up :( just gonna have to remake with different techniques

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2010-06-01 19:43:52 »
i cant export it at all the export button isnt lit up :( just gonna have to remake with different techniques

I'm no expert but there must be a way to convert your bryce file to an .obj file no ?

I actually did a quick search and came up with this : http://brycetech.daz3d.com/tutor/bryce/export.html

edit : further details and a tut : http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=93422
« Last Edit: 2010-06-01 19:46:15 by Marc »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2010-06-01 21:13:42 »

Hey if you feel you could do a faster job feel free. If not then you can wait like everyone else.

If it helps i actually AM excited it may be released in a few months :D

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2010-06-01 21:57:49 »

If it helps i actually AM excited it may be released in a few months :D

I am glad you are excited. Unfortunately that will not make it happen anytime sooner. (Especially since we are waiting on your elevator scene :P)