Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008171 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
If needed, yes.  There's a hext folder there for direct access to edit memory.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@usb - sent to True Odin as I have a suspicion it won't work with his code either.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Roger that! Thanks for the quick response.

I have been able to reproduce it, but like you say it seems to be a base-game issue. Will be sure to troubleshoot more before I report next time. :)

Did you have new translation enabled?

usb

• View Profile
@usb - sent to True Odin as I have a suspicion it won't work with his code either.
thank you, i'll wait for your help.
I've investigated after a doubt came to me and checked ending2.avi (in italian) by renaming in eidoslogo.avi (it's a raw test) and also this video has a problem (the original english renamed eidoslogo play perfectly). I need to test in real game ending but i'm not very confident... this 2 video have the same problem

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It will be the codec you've used,  ffmpeg isn't liking it or our code isnt working.

usb

• View Profile
It will be the codec you've used,  ffmpeg isn't liking it or our code isnt working.
do you know a working audio video codec for your ffmpeg? with r05c play perfectly
« Last Edit: 2020-03-20 11:42:52 by usb »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
x264 works for me with AAC.  Whatever youve used to encode has set something ffmpeg doesnt like.

usb

• View Profile
x264 works for me with AAC.  Whatever youve used to encode has set something ffmpeg doesnt like.
fixed re-encoding with ffmpeg.exe, thanks

usb

• View Profile
this is a weird bug that appears in blin63_1: in the "doors minigame" if you continue to select Better not when asked to open a door sometimes the same question text will popup again and again without having pressed action button on the door. I really can't understand how this bug is triggered (for a test i've pressed better again more than 20 times)

here it is a video (it is in italian but i didn't changed the script and i've checked r06 english and the bug is present): the text appers 4 times without pressing action https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nczrNr0HSGsLckLOT94ZtTDwnQC49EPm

save (save 2, file 2): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DqKe6TcBx-hZgT0S7M5tv7RFGBH1udhC

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
is it there outside of r06.  if it is... wrong thread.

usb

• View Profile
is it there outside of r06.  if it is... wrong thread.
it's a field bug (or ff7 engine bug or wathever): it appears with new translation (english) on and off (40 times selected no and appeared, yesterday i don't remeber)....

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
with new translation OPTION on and off? Then it's not a reunion bug and needs moving to the bug thread  ;)

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17591.0
« Last Edit: 2020-03-22 18:22:46 by DLPB »

Kyrith

• View Profile
1. An explanation of the bug

So essentially, when I plug my laptop into a TV via HDMI and have The Reunion enabled, all gameplay and menu audio goes silent. FMV audio still plays, but nothing else as far as I can tell. So I'll hear the start-up logo sound effects, but then when I get to the main menu there's no 'bleep bleep' as I move the cursor, and upon loading my save file, there's no music or sound effects of any kind.

This is not an issue through the laptop's own speakers, or even through the low grade speakers I tried plugging in through the aux port, and this is not an issue when The Reunion is disabled.

I have also confirmed that the issue is specific to HDMI somehow. When using the same TV/speakers via an analog cable (and using HDMI only for the video component), I am able to get gameplay sounds. So Something is going on with Reunion and HDMI (don't worry, I have tried two different HDMI cables, so it's not just an issue with the particular cable).

2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?

It doesn't seem to be localized to a specific place. I tried various places throughout the opening of the game (train, Mako reactor, space outside Tifa's bar), and they were all silent.

3. App.log (found in root folder)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z43v7nUhjiE9QOuNOCvG4hFOJh_B8xzq/view?usp=sharing

4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1itvaMJqUj4LZAvKJBYJ2Jj9L5OHxOMhV/view?usp=sharing

5. crash.dmp (found in root folder)

There was no crash so I don't think this file exists

6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18rilzefgZuL4zHHTzRRBfuP5Qne_FumS/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if I'm providing any of this information incorrectly!

And thank you!

oblongsausage

• View Profile
Hi DLPB,

You had mentioned not posting about the crash after battles bug unless we got a message after the crash to report it. It just happened to me quickly after starting up the game and got the message after the crash. Here's my crash.dmp if it's helpful:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yg55x75uUUJZ-wCkbjsVGD_q-WHpbQWz

If you didn't need this report, my apologies - wasn't sure if you still wanted them if we get your crash popup.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
also need app.log.  Always need it.

Though to be honest there's no point sending those bug reports anymore.  They aren't telling me anything of where it came from.  It's likely audio engine and i'm seeking to add better debugging for it.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-22 20:47:23 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
as i am nearing the endgame, i have been experimenting with 60fps battles and a few other things

when fighting diamond weapon with 60fps set to either 1 or 2, the audio for his stomp attack is very out of sync (its sound effects when he is walking up, not the actual stomp)

also when 60fps is set to 2 (interpolated), Big Brawl for cid is set to ludicrous speed, lol.  Sometimes it wont even show cid leave his original spot, it will just be a close-up of cid and then the enemy dies, havent tested with no interpolation

both of these issues go away when 60fps battles is turned off

edit: i was actually looking in the database and saw a chocobo racing bug and a question "does psx version work the same?"
     - I can confirm that green chocobos in the PS1 version were NOT slowed down in water, and blue chocobos were indeed slowed down in the water section (of the long race)... they for sure mixed those up, I cannot comment if any slowdowns occured on hills, but I do know with 100% certainty that the bug in regard to the water section was present in the playstation version
« Last Edit: 2020-03-22 21:39:42 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The issue with effects being too fast / slow is in the reunion database.  Fixing all of them is unlikely to happen - though Obesebear prob wants to take a look at that.

I'll add that the other issue exists on PSX.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-22 21:56:27 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
thank you, i'll wait for your help.
I've investigated after a doubt came to me and checked ending2.avi (in italian) by renaming in eidoslogo.avi (it's a raw test) and also this video has a problem (the original english renamed eidoslogo play perfectly). I need to test in real game ending but i'm not very confident... this 2 video have the same problem

True Odin has resolved and the code has been added to my fork also.

icon41gimp

• View Profile
Why does installing this mod fuck with my PS4 controller and how do I get around it?

I install a fresh vanilla version and load the controller config in Steam, go into the vanilla game and controller works fine.

Install Reunion and only the left analog stick works, everything else is moved to the numpad.

Taroven

• View Profile
Why does installing this mod fern with my PS4 controller and how do I get around it?

I install a fresh vanilla version and load the controller config in Steam, go into the vanilla game and controller works fine.

Install Reunion and only the left analog stick works, everything else is moved to the numpad.

Set steam input to disabled for FF7 in big picture mode controller settings and that'll fix it.

PeanutReaper486

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
I personally use steam input to rebind all of my DS4 buttons to keyboard keys, so that I can use my dpad too.

You can download community bindings for them as well, I use the config "Final Fantasy VII DS4" binding by Ottman.

obesebear

• View Profile
as i am nearing the endgame, i have been experimenting with 60fps battles and a few other things

when fighting diamond weapon with 60fps set to either 1 or 2, the audio for his stomp attack is very out of sync (its sound effects when he is walking up, not the actual stomp)

also when 60fps is set to 2 (interpolated), Big Brawl for cid is set to ludicrous speed, lol.  Sometimes it wont even show cid leave his original spot, it will just be a close-up of cid and then the enemy dies, havent tested with no interpolation

both of these issues go away when 60fps battles is turned off

So, Diamond weapon is likely going to have to be something for NFITC to look into.  I'm fairly certain the sounds are triggered by the animation (or a frame of a certain animation) so Diamond weapons 10th frame is now his 30th but the sound is still playing on the 10th.   I don't know how to decipher the AB file, but my guess would be the solutions is in there somewhere.

As for Cid, I have no idea where is Big brawl limit is.   I'm going to have to dump my magic.lgp and look around.  Seems to me it might be hidden somewhere.  Once I find it, I'll interpolate and send to DLPB

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Possibly in the "ff7" subfolder in magic.lgp

Kyrith

• View Profile
1. An explanation of the bug

So essentially, when I plug my laptop into a TV via HDMI and have The Reunion enabled, all gameplay and menu audio goes silent. FMV audio still plays, but nothing else as far as I can tell. So I'll hear the start-up logo sound effects, but then when I get to the main menu there's no 'bleep bleep' as I move the cursor, and upon loading my save file, there's no music or sound effects of any kind.

This is not an issue through the laptop's own speakers, or even through the low grade speakers I tried plugging in through the aux port, and this is not an issue when The Reunion is disabled.

I have also confirmed that the issue is specific to HDMI somehow. When using the same TV/speakers via an analog cable (and using HDMI only for the video component), I am able to get gameplay sounds. So Something is going on with Reunion and HDMI (don't worry, I have tried two different HDMI cables, so it's not just an issue with the particular cable).

2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?

It doesn't seem to be localized to a specific place. I tried various places throughout the opening of the game (train, Mako reactor, space outside Tifa's bar), and they were all silent....

As per my issue above (more details provided), I have now tested the game with The Reunion on another TV via HDMI and the problem of no sound in-game (but sound during cutscenes) persists on that TV as well.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Require app.log, reunion.log, audio.log - as first post.