Author Topic: FFVIII and Eax  (Read 3319 times)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FFVIII and Eax
« on: 2001-06-09 17:52:00 »
Now Samuals DLS make FFVIIIs music sound really good except for songs like "Man with the machine gun"(Dream world battle music)
But has any one with a sound blaster live card tryed turning the choras up to about 80% for this song? If so you may notice it sounds about as good as it does on the Psx. Has any one considered hacking into FFVIIIs way of controlling Reverb and perhaps setting it at higer or lower depending on the song? I am pretty sure FFVIII changes the reverb level depending on where you are(About %20 in the garden say).

Is this even possible? It would really make the midi kick some more arse in that division.

Thanks.

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
FFVIII and Eax
« Reply #1 on: 2001-06-11 01:53:00 »
I think DirectX 7 don't have reverb control ( as opposed to DirectX 8 )  Not very sure though.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
FFVIII and Eax
« Reply #2 on: 2001-06-11 17:36:00 »
DirectX7 does. But it's not anything to do with DX; the problem is that the settings FF8 chooses for EAX don't necessarily sound best when you're using cusstom soundsets. Not sure how you'd solve that, though...

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FFVIII and Eax
« Reply #3 on: 2001-06-11 22:45:00 »
Well Samual did include an Eax Pret with his font but....I cant get the damn this to work!
Oh well.

If any one has a few spare weeks mind sorting this out?(Like that will ever happen  :)) Man with the machine gun only sounds good if I put chorus to about %60. And I cant be bothered to do that every battle.