Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837649 times)

GoblinAcc

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6150 on: 2017-09-09 21:00:05 »
There is one event that'll affect things later on, but the story events more or less play out the same way.

The save map between 1.4 and 1.5 is very similar so it should be OK to update the game and continue in 1.5 using a 1.4 save file. 1.5 itself was mostly enemy balancing rather than field scripting.

I apparently missed out on the Added Cut Materia in gongaga since I went there before patching and got Deathblow from there. Is Added Cut obtainable elsewhere?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: 2017-09-09 21:55:05 »
haha I thought he means the old patch before Aali's driver :P  haha.   :'(  :oops:

Ah, no worries :p

Hey sega chief. Firstly I would like to say what a good job you did on this mod I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I am having an issue with not being able to rank up Aeris with mr smile. Is this a bug? Also I cant find the deathblow materia and cant find anywhere on the internet that points to its whereabouts.

Thanks for your time.

The flevel patch should sort that Aeris issue out (or the latest 7H IRO). Deathblow is found in Great Glacier, where Added Cut used to be; I swapped them around.

Quick question about Pinnacle Sepiroth on 1.4 (old save file I'm finishing off). The battle message seems to suggest I HAVE to use multiple parties to fight him. Is this the case, or can I just use my 3 main characters, and ignore the party switching mechanic like vanilla?

You can push through with one party but you'll need to kill the torso all in one go as Energy will fully recover the torso with every use. To beat him with 3 parties, you'll need to kill a body party, confirm party swap, and then kill each team's Core; Team B and Team C will need to kill the head and then arm (both parts) before finally killing the Core. When Team B and C have killed their Core, it'll be possible for Team A to kill their Core and prevent Energy from being used.

I apparently missed out on the Added Cut Materia in gongaga since I went there before patching and got Deathblow from there. Is Added Cut obtainable elsewhere?

I don't think it will be; Deathblow and Added Cut were swapped in 1.5 s:

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: 2017-09-10 04:26:29 »
Found a soft lock for the X-ATM fight at the start of Dark Cave - he will go into his Electroshielding mode and put the tail up, and then do one W-Machine Gun, but after that his turn will never end. The ATB still fills as normal and you can select your next action for all your characters, but they will never actually be able to act.

EDIT: Got past this by setting the ATB to Active. Made it all the way to the final boss and killed him, but after he gave his death speech, I got the error message "An Unknown Exception Has Occurred" and the game crashed :-/

DOUBLE EDIT: Did some more searching and apparently this is a known issue with Quadra Magic + MP Absorb?

This is for 1.4 still, btw, not sure if you've already fixed for 1.5. As a side note, did you know that Pearl is usable even while frogged?
« Last Edit: 2017-09-10 10:34:23 by ulurujamman »

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: 2017-09-10 08:14:39 »
Hi all.
I'have play a lot in the ver. 1.4 hard mod and didn't try the 1.5 cause normale mod i really to easy.
Is there any hard mode for the 1.5 atm ?

Thans per advance =D

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: 2017-09-10 09:29:29 »
Hi all.
I'have play a lot in the ver. 1.4 hard mod and didn't try the 1.5 cause normale mod i really to easy.
Is there any hard mode for the 1.5 atm ?

Thans per advance =D

That's weird - there is no hard mode for 1.4. Are you thinking of 1.3? 1.5 has Arrange mode, which is harder than normal. And you can make it harder for yourself by just not using the SP system. That makes it very hard imo.

Alex Zender

• View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: 2017-09-10 09:49:43 »
That's weird - there is no hard mode for 1.4. Are you thinking of 1.3? 1.5 has Arrange mode, which is harder than normal. And you can make it harder for yourself by just not using the SP system. That makes it very hard imo.

AAah yeah 1.3 sorry.

Thanks but what's the arrange mod ?

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: 2017-09-10 10:30:28 »
AAah yeah 1.3 sorry.

Thanks but what's the arrange mod ?

It's the hard mode

GoblinAcc

• View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: 2017-09-10 21:37:56 »
I don't think it will be; Deathblow and Added Cut were swapped in 1.5 s:

I guess I'll load up a save editor and drop it in then.

ulurujamman

• View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: 2017-09-10 22:28:39 »
Ok, so a few things are screwed up after doing the Dark Cave in 1.4. I went to finish off the game and as soon as I start on the approach to Jenova (the screen where you're hopping between the floating rocks) the first FMV of the Dark Cave starts playing in the background (cloud looking up at the reactor). Then the second screen has the FMV where the reactor blows up. After killing Jenova, the save prompt no longer works (unless the default cursor is set to 'No'), and the train jump FMV is playing. Finally, after doing the scripted battle with Omnislash, the credit music starts playing, and I am taken straight to the 'Congratulation' scene in the church, without viewing the ending cinematics.

Any idea what's going on?

prid1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: 2017-09-11 06:27:20 »
Ive tried installing all the hot fix patches and also installed the 7th heaven and that IRO version as well but I still cant level up Aeris with Mr. Smile :(   I may just not be able to use her I guess

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: 2017-09-11 08:14:13 »
Ok, so a few things are screwed up after doing the Dark Cave in 1.4. I went to finish off the game and as soon as I start on the approach to Jenova (the screen where you're hopping between the floating rocks) the first FMV of the Dark Cave starts playing in the background (cloud looking up at the reactor). Then the second screen has the FMV where the reactor blows up. After killing Jenova, the save prompt no longer works (unless the default cursor is set to 'No'), and the train jump FMV is playing. Finally, after doing the scripted battle with Omnislash, the credit music starts playing, and I am taken straight to the 'Congratulation' scene in the church, without viewing the ending cinematics.

Any idea what's going on?

It's the wrong disc; DK uses Disc 1 for some FMVs, but is supposed to swap back to Disc 3 when it concludes. But I recently added in a quickfix for IRO users that bypasses the last screen due to the walkmesh not being chunked with the files (so it was stranding them in Ancient Forest). I think the Disc 3 swap was in that screen though, which means IRO games will still be on Disc 1 coming out of DK which results in the wrong FMVs playing during the Final Descent.

As for the ending cinematic, I'll need to check what the conditions are; I think normal mode gives the regular ending while Arrange gives the church scene, not sure though.

Ive tried installing all the hot fix patches and also installed the 7th heaven and that IRO version as well but I still cant level up Aeris with Mr. Smile :(   I may just not be able to use her I guess

Where are you in the game currently?

Clangeddin

• View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: 2017-09-11 11:05:29 »
Hello there, I don't know if what I've run across is a bug or an intended feature.
I am playing New Threat 1.5 (the latest iro version that works with Tifa's 7th heaven) on Arrange mode.
I am in Nibelheim's mansion, after defeating Lambda Calculae I played the melody on the piano in the first floor and the message "Something has escaped" appears, the music also ups the tempo, however after that nothing happens, I also checked the mansion in every room and even in Nibelheim town and outside the world map, but I see no trace of whatever has escaped (I suppose it must be Ozma mentioned by Lambda Calculae).
I just wanted to ask if something was supposed to happen after that message or if I can just leave the mansion and carry on with the adventure (in this case I suppose it's just a trigger to make Ozma spawn somewhere later in the game).
Thanks in advance.

Also, another thing. Jorumgand (the giant flying snake that you fight to save Priscilla in Junon) gives 110K exp and 90K AP. Is this intended? Because it's (A LOT) more than every other boss up to that point combined, and the boss itself was quite a big step up in challenge compared to what was before. Just checking if it wasn't an oversight, that's all, I remember I jumped from level 30 to 38 or so with that boss fight alone.  ;D
« Last Edit: 2017-09-11 11:10:32 by Clangeddin »

prid1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: 2017-09-11 13:38:26 »
[/quote]

So... I went through a large portion of the game and forgot about the leveling up with the SP. I'm currently inside the Highwind savepoint and the events of the rocket launching into meteor just took place. I remembered it after all the characters were already at MAX level. I went through every single character all the way to 8/8, but for some reason it just skipped Aeris completely. Now all characters are max except for her, and when I go to mr smile he simply tells me to fight more battles and come back to see him, end of conversation.

I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, as well as all the mods several times, but same result. Also did 7th heaven IRO which didn't seem to do anything as well.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-11 13:45:11 by prid1234 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: 2017-09-11 13:57:20 »
Hello there, I don't know if what I've run across is a bug or an intended feature.
I am playing New Threat 1.5 (the latest iro version that works with Tifa's 7th heaven) on Arrange mode.
I am in Nibelheim's mansion, after defeating Lambda Calculae I played the melody on the piano in the first floor and the message "Something has escaped" appears, the music also ups the tempo, however after that nothing happens, I also checked the mansion in every room and even in Nibelheim town and outside the world map, but I see no trace of whatever has escaped (I suppose it must be Ozma mentioned by Lambda Calculae).
I just wanted to ask if something was supposed to happen after that message or if I can just leave the mansion and carry on with the adventure (in this case I suppose it's just a trigger to make Ozma spawn somewhere later in the game).
Thanks in advance.

Also, another thing. Jorumgand (the giant flying snake that you fight to save Priscilla in Junon) gives 110K exp and 90K AP. Is this intended? Because it's (A LOT) more than every other boss up to that point combined, and the boss itself was quite a big step up in challenge compared to what was before. Just checking if it wasn't an oversight, that's all, I remember I jumped from level 30 to 38 or so with that boss fight alone.  ;D

The EXP from Jormungandr wasn't intended, I think it was corrected in the scene patch/latest IRO but not 100% sure.

I don't think what you're looking for can appear until Disc 3, and it's up at the Reactor, not the town.

So... I went through a large portion of the game and forgot about the leveling up with the SP. I'm currently inside the Highwind savepoint and the events of the rocket launching into meteor just took place. I remembered it after all the characters were already at MAX level. I went through every single character all the way to 8/8, but for some reason it just skipped Aeris completely. Now all characters are max except for her, and when I go to mr smile he simply tells me to fight more battles and come back to see him, end of conversation.

I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, as well as all the mods several times, but same result. Also did 7th heaven IRO which didn't seem to do anything as well.

One thing, you shouldn't use the patches with the IRO; they're for the stand-alone installer.

Do you still have Aeris available as a party member? If so, I'll need to sort out your savemap with a special stand-alone patch.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-11 14:00:22 by Sega Chief »

prid1234

• View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: 2017-09-11 14:19:16 »
Hey thanks for the responses. I was moving around my save file and it seems to have disappeared so don't worry about it.

Thanks for your time.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6165 on: 2017-09-11 15:32:45 »
Hey thanks for the responses. I was moving around my save file and it seems to have disappeared so don't worry about it.

Thanks for your time.

Ah, that sucks. FF7 Steam has a bizarre DRM in place related to save files. If you move saves around/edit them then they will be automatically deleted when the Launcher is next started. To avoid this, you have to make alterations/move them while the Launcher is open and then start the game and make a save within any affected folders to make them 'safe'. Cloud saves can also vanish sometimes.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: 2017-09-12 05:51:08 »
Ah, that sucks. FF7 Steam has a bizarre DRM in place related to save files. If you move saves around/edit them then they will be automatically deleted when the Launcher is next started. To avoid this, you have to make alterations/move them while the Launcher is open and then start the game and make a save within any affected folders to make them 'safe'. Cloud saves can also vanish sometimes.

Is that what happened to me earlier?! I was wondering where my save went! I copied and moved a save to my desktop so I could go back and re-record or find something, whatever it was. Came back the next day and no save was there. I panicked and started looking everywhere for my save and finally found it in the Recycle Bin that I almost shredded right before loading the game the first time! Got very lucky with that one... Good to know now though, don't move or alter save files!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: 2017-09-12 17:51:11 »
I updated the files; going to try and finish formatting that front page a bit later.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: 2017-09-14 03:59:50 »
EDIT: Small bugs that I will put behind spoilers just in case:

Spoiler: show
- Just updated and Elmyra is still standing on that oil lookin' thingy in the middle of town in Kalm instead of sitting besides Aeris.

- The woman who runs the Item Shop in Wutai has her dialogue box a little screwy. The last word cuts off on the last letter.

- This is a neat bug. After you defeat Chokhmabo and the Master Materia's, each character's winning animations play twice! It's more noticeable on characters who's winning animations aren't continuous, like Aeris for example.

- The Long Range Materia doesn't come mastered.

- When Magic Materia is not allowed to cast its spell when it dies, it instead doesn't visually die and just stays bouncing there. You can't target it anymore, it doesn't fight anymore, and when the other two Materia's die the battle is over, so by all accounts it is dead, it's just still there visually. EDIT: I tried it again and this time the Magic Materia died normally? I don't know what the problem was the first time. Sorry, wish I could be more helpful here. :|

- When picking up the Materia left behind after defeating the Master Materia's, it says it is a Long Range Materia instead of what you actually get in another W-Summon.

- Chokhmabo who may or may not have replaced Yahcobo still has the text box up above that mentions when he's hungry. However it says "Yahcobo" instead of "Chokhmabo" is hungry.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-14 09:10:15 by MoCheese »

Dan-ss

• View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: 2017-09-14 20:03:56 »
Is there a glitch with morph? Because I just spent ages dealing 15-48 damage on a dragon zombie to get oritsuru for yuffies ultimate weapon and it didn't morph the enemy? At first I thought it was because it was killed my morph paired with counter commmand (so the final hit was a counter attack) but then I check on a different enemy with the same situation and it morphed the enemy? Any help?

Also a list of where to get all the items for ultimate weapons would be nice ;)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: 2017-09-14 22:45:53 »
Is there a glitch with morph? Because I just spent ages dealing 15-48 damage on a dragon zombie to get oritsuru for yuffies ultimate weapon and it didn't morph the enemy? At first I thought it was because it was killed my morph paired with counter commmand (so the final hit was a counter attack) but then I check on a different enemy with the same situation and it morphed the enemy? Any help?

Also a list of where to get all the items for ultimate weapons would be nice ;)

All the Crater enemies had their Morph changed into a Drop & Steal; if he died without morphing, it means no item has been set in their Morph slot. To steal from them, I'd recommend grabbing a Sneak Glove and using that to stand a better chance.

The two weapons needed for each Ultimate Weapon is carried by the same enemy in most cases in the North Crater. If you find one weapon on an enemy, then they usually carry the other as a drop/steal.

The various items needed come from the Lv.4 Limit sidequests, Dark Cave, Ultimate Weapon, and the Tyrant miniboss in the North Crater. Oversoul Shards can be acquired from Battle Square.

I'll get a more accurate list once I've finished setting up this computer.

Note to all: I've just upgraded my old HDD to an SSD and while I kept all my files on an external for transfer, I might not be able to produce new patches for a couple of days until I've got all the dependency files for the older tools set up again.

Dan-ss

• View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: 2017-09-14 23:54:04 »
Oh thank god I thought I was going to have to sit there doing minuscule damage again :p and thanks in advance for the list when ever you do it :)

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: 2017-09-15 10:41:25 »
Well while you're setting up your new SSD, I've got one more small bug to report:

- The Aegis Amulet is supposed to null Holy and Hidden and prevent KO's. It does prevent the Death attacks but Holy and Hidden are not negated.

EDIT: Underwater Materia also does not come Mastered.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-15 13:25:13 by MoCheese »

Dan-ss

• View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: 2017-09-15 11:51:09 »
Quick question where do I find the sneak glove?

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: 2017-09-15 13:26:01 »
Quick question where do I find the sneak glove?

Return to Wall Market and the battery guy sells it for like, 120K Gil or something?