Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4866896 times)

Hyne

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6100 on: 2017-08-28 21:06:43 »
Is it possible to steal the Turks from the winding tunnel ? I've tried like a thousand time for each one, and nothing...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: 2017-08-28 23:53:05 »
Is it possible to steal the Turks from the winding tunnel ? I've tried like a thousand time for each one, and nothing...

It isn't without a sneak glove, but I changed this in a patch so that they drop the equipment instead of having it as a steal. Are you using the latest scene hotfix patch or 7H IRO?

Hyne

• View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: 2017-08-29 13:58:00 »
Didn't see the new patch. Work fine with it :)

Sac Moldave

• View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: 2017-08-30 11:05:33 »
Thanks for answering me ! But I tried to restart a run and I met a problem with exp again, (but maybe that's normal) Barret Tifa and Cloud are level 31 and now they need 45000 exp to reach a level...Any idea ?

Sheogoraath

• View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: 2017-08-30 17:55:30 »
Hello!
 I have recently installed your mod, and you did an amazing job!

What a pleasure to rediscover this game! May I ask a question about aeris ?
Spoiler: show
 I have seen a video where Cloud use a Phoenix feather on her but in my playthrough she still dies the old fashion way. Did I miss something? Is there a trigger?

I have another question! How many hours did you spent on the creation of this mod?

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #6105 on: 2017-08-30 18:55:38 »
Thanks for answering me ! But I tried to restart a run and I met a problem with exp again, (but maybe that's normal) Barret Tifa and Cloud are level 31 and now they need 45000 exp to reach a level...Any idea ?

Every 10 levels there are higher levels of experience needed to reach the next level, this was intended so you don't over level certain content and to keep characters at relatively equal levels. Once you get past level 32 you will require less experience between levels again until 41.

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #6106 on: 2017-08-30 18:56:57 »
Hello!
 I have recently installed your mod, and you did an amazing job!

What a pleasure to rediscover this game! May I ask a question about aeris ?
 I have seen a video where Cloud use a Phoenix feather on her but in my playthrough she still dies the old fashion way. Did I miss something? Is there a trigger?

I have another question! How many hours did you spent on the creation of this mod?

When you do that scene there is an option just before
 Cloud goes to swing his sword in 1.5. One option causes her to die, the other causes her to live.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-30 19:03:57 by zuloph »

watermelon

• View Profile
« Reply #6107 on: 2017-08-30 21:39:57 »
Finally finished everything in 1.5 arrange mode.  All in all a very fantastic mod, the difficulty scaling was really quite good, and while you still break the game in half the moment you get to disc 3, it's basically expected of a jrpg's difficulty to become trivialized that far in.  A lot of great ideas, including materia access, the characters' individuality in level ups, all the weapon changes, damage formulas, etc.  Really very satisfied with the mod; gave a nice, fresh experience to a FF7 playthrough.  I also appreciated how strong my girl Yuffie gets the moment you snag her Conformer.  Thanks for all your hard work, Sega and co.

Sheogoraath

• View Profile
« Reply #6108 on: 2017-08-31 14:35:36 »
When you do that scene there is an option just before
 Cloud goes to swing his sword in 1.5. One option causes her to die, the other causes her to live.

Ha ! I guess i have chosen.....poorly . Thanks you for your answer !

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6109 on: 2017-08-31 21:14:54 »
Two small bugs and possibly a third:

- In the City of the Ancients, you know those glowy orb like Ancient... thingies that you can "talk" to and they try to talk back? If you have Cid as the leader and do so some of the chat boxes either use Tifa's lines or just say Tifa is talking. (Small bug, eh)

- When you go to the Temple of the Ancient's to acquire Cait Sith's level 4 limit, if you choose to "Leave it for now." the game locks up forcing a reset. (Bigger bug)

- And now a question: Was Jörmungandr removed? I just realized yesterday I never fought him in Dark Cave. If he wasn't removed, he wasn't there in Arranged. (Potential bug)

Yoyyodos

• View Profile
« Reply #6110 on: 2017-09-01 14:47:32 »
Hello!
I'm playing this mod again with the 1.5 release and it's amazing.

I have one question/problem:

Im fighting with Jormungandr right after entering Junon for the first time and I keep dying, I've read that in the patch of August 24, Jormungandr does not inflict frog with his attacks, but he has an spell called "Serpentarius" which inflicts frog.

This is the first boss which Im having problems with.

Im using 7h iro version and the last update. (24 August)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6111 on: 2017-09-01 15:49:10 »
Two small bugs and possibly a third:

- In the City of the Ancients, you know those glowy orb like Ancient... thingies that you can "talk" to and they try to talk back? If you have Cid as the leader and do so some of the chat boxes either use Tifa's lines or just say Tifa is talking. (Small bug, eh)

- When you go to the Temple of the Ancient's to acquire Cait Sith's level 4 limit, if you choose to "Leave it for now." the game locks up forcing a reset. (Bigger bug)

- And now a question: Was Jörmungandr removed? I just realized yesterday I never fought him in Dark Cave. If he wasn't removed, he wasn't there in Arranged. (Potential bug)

Jormungandr is now in Arrange as a Bottomswell replacement for that part of the game.

Hello!
I'm playing this mod again with the 1.5 release and it's amazing.

I have one question/problem:

Im fighting with Jormungandr right after entering Junon for the first time and I keep dying, I've read that in the patch of August 24, Jormungandr does not inflict frog with his attacks, but he has an spell called "Serpentarius" which inflicts frog.

This is the first boss which Im having problems with.

Im using 7h iro version and the last update. (24 August)

The IRO didn't have the adjustment to Serpentarius in it, I've added it and reuploading the IRO now.

Here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/37enw178bj7dvnk/FF7_NT_IRO_1.5_10th_August_2017_Mk.2.iro
« Last Edit: 2017-09-01 16:10:10 by Sega Chief »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6112 on: 2017-09-01 19:52:25 »

This is an original game bug.  I fixed it for Reunion. SC will need to fix it here.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6113 on: 2017-09-01 21:31:11 »
This is an original game bug.  I fixed it for Reunion. SC will need to fix it here.

I never got around to it last time it was reported; I'll do it now before I forget again x:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6114 on: 2017-09-01 21:39:18 »
It happens on I think 3 different fields.  Shared code.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #6115 on: 2017-09-01 22:26:23 »

Really? Didn't know that. Neat

Jormungandr is now in Arrange as a Bottomswell replacement for that part of the game.

I fought Illuyankas? Was it changed again?

cha0tic

• View Profile
« Reply #6116 on: 2017-09-01 23:17:05 »
We can buy hp+ from cosmo Canyon now? I thought they were taken out.

Nevermind mod wasn't successfully activated.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-02 00:29:36 by cha0tic »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6117 on: 2017-09-02 02:11:10 »
edit. Disregard.  Red Wine did it.  Nothing to see here.  I did not embarrass myself.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6118 on: 2017-09-02 11:34:52 »
Really? Didn't know that. Neat

I fought Illuyankas? Was it changed again?

No, it wasn't changed again. He should appear on Arrange, the trigger wasn't implemented in the initial releases but it was brought in via the recent patches.

edit. Disregard.  Red Wine did it.  Nothing to see here.  I did not embarrass myself.

Ahhh I wonder what the original post was.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #6119 on: 2017-09-03 19:26:16 »
Finally i have an Alpha version of the patch in spanish(I couldnt test all the game,so sure i have to modify many dialogs :/)
When I have a stable version,i share here  :)
« Last Edit: 2017-09-03 21:01:42 by markul »

ComradeDroog

• View Profile
« Reply #6120 on: 2017-09-03 22:39:23 »
Hey Sega Chief, just downloaded the latest IRO and fought Mirage again. After the fight, there's no cutscene and I still end up in the cave at the end of the Ancient Forest, ultimately stranded on the world map.

Are you supposed to re-climb the wire to get to the Shinra headquarters in the dark cave sidequest? Something seems off, like I'm missing a lot of information or something. Like, a lot of the save points in the dark cave sidequest are vanilla savepoints, and there's no music, I'm wondering if there's more bugging out with this whole quest than there's supposed to be. As far as I can tell, I just gathered up my team, headed to shinra headquarters, and fought this mysterious boss. It all seemed very short and confusing, that on top of the last boss breaking my progress in the game makes me wonder if there might be more bugs than I realize? I dunno, just thought I'd say something.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: 2017-09-03 22:51:58 »
Hey Sega Chief, just downloaded the latest IRO and fought Mirage again. After the fight, there's no cutscene and I still end up in the cave at the end of the Ancient Forest, ultimately stranded on the world map.

Are you supposed to re-climb the wire to get to the Shinra headquarters in the dark cave sidequest? Something seems off, like I'm missing a lot of information or something. Like, a lot of the save points in the dark cave sidequest are vanilla savepoints, and there's no music, I'm wondering if there's more bugging out with this whole quest than there's supposed to be. As far as I can tell, I just gathered up my team, headed to shinra headquarters, and fought this mysterious boss. It all seemed very short and confusing, that on top of the last boss breaking my progress in the game makes me wonder if there might be more bugs than I realize? I dunno, just thought I'd say something.

I need to add something for the IRO version to get around the walkmesh problem so that it correctly jumps to the right fields in the ancient forest. I think what I'll do is temporarily set the IRO up so that it skips that field altogether. I'll upload an updated IRO tonight.

As for the sidequest itself and how it ends, I'm afraid that's how it is; I didn't tie it together very well. Honestly I kind of want to just remove the whole thing.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: 2017-09-03 23:14:42 »
Sorry for the delay on the fix:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/12ba4qljfel469l/FF7%20NT%201.5%20-%203rd%20September%202017.iro

I've changed the map jump to take you straight to the outside instead.

Cody

• View Profile
Re: Releasing a Mod
« Reply #6123 on: 2017-09-04 03:03:34 »
Hi folks, I tried to release a gameplay mod on the releases thread a few days ago but it's been locked to wait for moderator approval (damn you, due process). So figured I'd try and drum up some early interest in the meantime. Got a full(ish) list of what the mod does and it's features in this manual here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dzbq6cqq2c27ard/FF7+NT+Manual.doc

The file is no longer there, would someone kindly re-upload the manual please?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: 2017-09-04 09:02:03 »
I was supposed to upload the new manual as a separate download (it's currently in the main installer folders) but forgot; I'll upload it and provide a link on the front page of the thread when I get in this evening.