Author Topic: Launch Fail  (Read 16148 times)

iDerek759

• View Profile
Re: Launch Fail
« Reply #25 on: 2017-02-07 22:58:39 »
Thats what I planned on doing but I cant see to figure out how to uninstall it.

Try this http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16538.0 --- 5th question

Also, make sure you wipe any old traces of FFVII folders/files and install fresh so you don't run into any problems later.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-08 06:50:48 by EQ2Alyza »

Glibgork

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2017-02-09 18:04:21 »
So after uninstalling everything and reinstalling it, I am still left with the previous problem of just a black background for character pictures and battle screen. The only mod I activated was Dynamic Cloud Weapons

Glibgork

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2017-02-09 18:07:39 »
Should I backup my mods folder thats inside of FFVII, delete everything in the folder and re install the patch? Last time it just made a copy from my Program Files (x86) To Games.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: 2017-02-10 04:27:41 »
There is no way you should be getting black areas with only that one mod activated. Sounds like the copy feature from the GC didn't work. You should start fresh again and install to C:\Games\FF7. That will bypass the copying and should hopefully fix your problem.

Glibgork

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2017-02-10 05:24:20 »
So should I uninstall FF7 from steam, delete the FF7 folders, and then re install and start from there?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2017-02-10 05:37:48 »
Again, from the FAQ - question 5:

For whatever reasons, I need to start over with a fresh install.

If you have modded your game folder before, particularly with installers like Bootleg Configurator, The Reunion, etc., then the registry keys aren't cleaned properly to work with 7th Heaven.

1. Uninstall Final Fantasy VII.
2. Delete all the junk files in the game directory.
2. Run this to clean FF7 registry keys: DOWNLOAD
3. Run CCleaner (optional but free): DOWNLOAD
4. Install Final Fantasy VII and begin at STEP 1 again.

With CCleaner, you want to use the Registry cleaner. Then, when you install again with Steam, be sure to tell it to install to C:\Games\FF7. Right now, you must have Steam installing to the Program Files (x86), which the GC identifies as a problem and tries to copy the game folder over to C:\Games\FF7. However, the copy process doesn't seem to be working for you.

Glibgork

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2017-02-10 06:18:42 »
Before when it copied it over, it did it successfully and it was moved to C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII    Is it acceptable to download into C:\Program files (86x)\steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII  and have the patch copy it over still or perhaps install it to my F:/ Drive? It wont let me install to a folder manually

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2017-02-10 07:53:10 »
You can create new Library locations by right-clicking the Steam icon in your Task Tray, then select Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Add Library Folder. Add C:\Games and now when you Install from Steam, you can select C:\Games as a location.

Glibgork

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2017-02-10 08:48:20 »
So far its working well. I am installing and applying the mods one by one. I greatly appreciate your help and will post updates on how things are working until a problem occurs.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-10 09:19:57 by Glibgork »

Glibgork

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2017-02-10 19:22:34 »
Thank you so much for all your help! It took us like 2 weeks, but through your expertise we finally got it working. I am beyond grateful and so excited to play, if any problems arise (Knowing my luck they will) I will start a new thread. Have a great weekend!