Author Topic: Can playable characters be enemies?  (Read 3977 times)

obesebear

• View Profile
Can playable characters be enemies?
« on: 2011-10-24 01:28:59 »
As part of my little project to put in Geno as an easter egg boss, I've decided the animations he best matches up with are Vincent's.   

I believe this topic has been covered before but was hoping for a little in depth explanation as to how to go about it. 

Speaking of... does anyone know if those extra Barret and Vincent and Yufie AA files are ever used and what for?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Can playable characters be enemies?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-10-24 04:18:44 »
I assume you want to use this animation? It fits Geno perfectly.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2011-10-24 08:32:39 »
I tried to use Cait Sith as an enemy once. The game crashed once it tried to use any animation besides idle animation. I didn't actually try to change the default hurt animations etc., so there could be easy workarounds. Or my computer just sucked at that time...

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-10-25 10:49:36 »
I tried to use Cait Sith as an enemy once. The game crashed once it tried to use any animation besides idle animation. I didn't actually try to change the default hurt animations etc., so there could be easy workarounds. Or my computer just sucked at that time...

No this is the case for me aswell and theres nothing you can do about it except make another enemy make it invisible and place it on the model that way it won't crash but it still makes for a pretty boring battle since theres no animations from the enemy what so ever also you need to make the model untargetable which is easy.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-10-29 15:23:47 »
Speaking of... does anyone know if those extra Barret and Vincent and Yufie AA files are ever used and what for?

They change depending on the Weapon they have equipped.

Yuffie's extras are just Mystery Ninja stuff.