Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 357981 times)

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri rework (progress report)
« Reply #25 on: 2019-10-19 21:34:37 »
Thanks!
So it's official, I'm past the half point now! :mrgreen:

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2019-10-19 23:08:42 »
Thanks for all your hard work! Those screens with the new models added in look amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Fireflew

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2019-10-21 02:06:28 »
Absolutely AMAZING work! I had to create an account just to say that!  ;D

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2019-10-26 15:31:32 »
YAY encouragement :D

I have fixed all (>30) scrolling skies (as well as scrolling sand, smoke, etc) that were not correctly looped, like so:

I have actually re-upscaled them after looping them, so they now scroll seamlessly. So that's a big bug fixed.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2019-10-26 17:33:18 »
Great news once again, keep up the good work!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2019-11-03 15:36:06 »
I'm almost at Conde Petie for masks, but still a lot to correct in Fossil Roo.
I remade a few UI things like treasure description backgrounds, the worldmap etc.

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2019-11-03 19:43:54 »
Can't wait for his, amazing work! Wow!

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2019-11-04 20:57:40 »
Looks fantastic!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2019-11-10 13:56:43 »
For the last week, I've been working on improving the visual quality after I found a good workflow with a certain ESRGAN model called "BOX". I pass the images in a dithering removal model for ESRGAN, then upscale with BOX. It has more details, a bit more noise, but a lot of color noise, so I combined it with existing images one by one, taking the original color and adding the details at a certain percentage. It works especially well on cave/grungy/dark textures, like Fossil Roo, Gismar and Gould.

Comparison:
http://www.framecompare.com/image-compare/screenshotcomparison/DYLDGNNX

Before/After:

It adds a bit of contrast, removes that annoying pattern you can see currently with moguri:

Makes it a bit more organic. I used the new images with restrain, blending them with zePilot's renders (some of them I already heavily modified)

Also, I corrected a few frames like this one:

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2019-11-10 18:19:11 »
Man when this mod and the Battle UI mod are done, IX will be more perfect than it already was! I can't wait!

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2019-11-10 18:33:17 »

In Lindblum is full of that.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2019-11-13 13:48:47 »
I've worked a bit to try and improve some FMVs (especially those 18 ones that blend with scenes or have 3d characters in them), and it's going well so far.

I extracted the images from the videos with ffmpeg, divided resolution by 4 (to their original size: 320x240) using nearest interpolation, then passed in ESRGAN (first in anti-dithering, then using zePilot's model), and managed to re-inject a video in the game using the same codec/format. This will allow me to color correct some videos.

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2019-11-14 17:41:00 »
That looks really good, this mod is gonna be amazing once it's done! I know zepilot mentioned at one point he wanted to get the PSX hud back into the steam version, you know anything about that? That would be the perfect version if possible! Thanks!

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2019-11-15 22:20:00 »
I've worked a bit to try and improve some FMVs (especially those 18 ones that blend with scenes or have 3d characters in them), and it's going well so far.

I extracted the images from the videos with ffmpeg, divided resolution by 4 (to their original size: 320x240) using nearest interpolation, then passed in ESRGAN (first in anti-dithering, then using zePilot's model), and managed to re-inject a video in the game using the same codec/format. This will allow me to color correct some videos.

It's great! Can I also increase the frequency of FPS? It is a pity no one remakes FMV's for Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, they are there in very terrible quality.

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2019-11-17 17:22:29 »
Can you fix it? This error continues with PS One. Black Waltz No. 3 uses "Fira", but the animation "Fire" is played.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbn4kx9Wi5s&list=PL3E75E253F09DD12A&index=4 на 11:28
https://youtu.be/cbn4kx9Wi5s?t=688

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2019-11-26 17:31:42 »
OFFICIAL: I'm at the 3rd CD for masks! YAY! Just finished the Ifa tree.

That looks really good, this mod is gonna be amazing once it's done! I know zepilot mentioned at one point he wanted to get the PSX hud back into the steam version, you know anything about that? That would be the perfect version if possible! Thanks!
Last thing he mentioned I think is that the last version is not open source. I've heard say people say it's still buggy. If someone does it well, I'd love it.

It's great! Can I also increase the frequency of FPS? It is a pity no one remakes FMV's for Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, they are there in very terrible quality.
There are techniques for interpolation, but I have yet to make it work and still have to test if the game would even accept a double speed video (if it's tied or not to the framerate of the game).
So not a priority right now. First, I finish the initial project.

Can you fix it? This error continues with PS One. Black Waltz No. 3 uses "Fira", but the animation "Fire" is played.
It's not in my scope, and not really the subject of this thread (and pretty minor?)
It's also a Russian version in your video apparently? I have a US-UK-IT-ES-FR-GE-JA version.

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2019-11-27 11:52:03 »
There are techniques for interpolation, but I have yet to make it work and still have to test if the game would even accept a double speed video (if it's tied or not to the framerate of the game).
So not a priority right now. First, I finish the initial project.

It seems that in Memoria.ini you can set the video speed.

[Graphics]
Enabled=1
BattleFPS=15
MovieFPS=15
BattleSwirlFrames=115

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2019-11-27 13:59:52 »
It seems that in Memoria.ini you can set the video speed.

[Graphics]
Enabled=1
BattleFPS=15
MovieFPS=15
BattleSwirlFrames=115

Ah! Great find! I'll test that!
Now I just need to make the AI based interpolation work: https://github.com/sniklaus/sepconv-slomo

Neodoris

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2019-12-08 18:38:49 »
The result is awesome!

Just one question, will your mod need the moguri mod to be installed first, or will it include everything, including the upscaled world map textures?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2019-12-08 19:56:38 »
Definitely sharper and more detailed both backgrounds and world map, great job!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2019-12-17 22:08:48 »
Just one question, will your mod need the moguri mod to be installed first, or will it include everything, including the upscaled world map textures?
Hi, I would like all of this to be part of Moguri. It's an evolution of Moguri.

Little update: I reached the open world part with the boat, so I will now work on all those bonus scenes, and maybe correct a few textures on the world map, and probably try to improve on the grass texture. But since I'm playing the game legit in parallel, Chocobo quest's got me for a while.
Anyway, I'm 75% done on the masks work.

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2019-12-19 21:01:38 »
Hi, I would like all of this to be part of Moguri. It's an evolution of Moguri.

Little update: I reached the open world part with the boat, so I will now work on all those bonus scenes, and maybe correct a few textures on the world map, and probably try to improve on the grass texture. But since I'm playing the game legit in parallel, Chocobo quest's got me for a while.
Anyway, I'm 75% done on the masks work.

You're awesome dude!
FF9 is on sale on Steam now for those of you who don't have it! :)

Will surely wait until this mod is complete before I start another playthrough!

RikYnsider

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2019-12-20 07:42:34 »
Amazing work man!!!
I've downloaded your world map retexture and went around during different moments in game, I couldn't find anything wrong for the first 3 CDs, the only two little things were one waterfall hole in Daguerrero entrance in low res (CD4 only) and the black mages village wood still in low res (CD4 only) also the 4 sand whirls where you enter desert palace have decentered sand animation (Only before Kuja Palace plot CD3).

P.S.: I dunno if I should have posted this here or in your other thread and if you already fixed them or they can't be fixed but still I love your work keep it on  ;D

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2019-12-20 17:50:53 »
Amazing work man!!!
I've downloaded your world map retexture and went around during different moments in game, I couldn't find anything wrong for the first 3 CDs, the only two little things were one waterfall hole in Daguerrero entrance in low res (CD4 only) and the black mages village wood still in low res (CD4 only) also the 4 sand whirls where you enter desert palace have decentered sand animation (Only before Kuja Palace plot CD3).

P.S.: I dunno if I should have posted this here or in your other thread and if you already fixed them or they can't be fixed but still I love your work keep it on  ;D
Thanks for the report, yes I still need to fix some things, like rocky beaches animations, and I only now see those as I just arrived at the 3rd disk in my parallel playthrough, just got the boat and the blue chocobo.