Author Topic: Questions about the Battle Scenes  (Read 5338 times)

ThunderPeel2001

• View Profile
Questions about the Battle Scenes
« on: 2013-09-19 23:12:21 »
Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain to me how I might go about increasing the texture resolution of the Battle Scenes and World Map? Some games are great at allowing you to multiply the texture resolution by four (for example), add a lot more detail, and then slot them back into the game. Is FF7 friendly to that?

Or has someone already made a decent high-res texture pack?

There's so many mods for this game it's often hard to know what's what. Thanks!

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about the Battle Scenes
« Reply #1 on: 2013-09-19 23:39:26 »
Have you checked this?
The BIG List of Mods

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-09-19 23:41:31 »
Someone has retextured the world map and battle scenes which is better than upscaling them.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #3 on: 2013-09-20 00:06:16 »
That was Grimmy, check the first post of his thread. He has tons of stuff there. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12841.0

Also questions should be either on a tutorial thread or the Troubleshooting forum.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-20 00:08:29 by cmh175 »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-09-20 01:31:13 »
Actually, I was referring to Felix Leonhart's world map retexture. It is the best one by far IMO.

ThunderPeel2001

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-09-20 17:01:40 »
Have you checked this?
The BIG List of Mods

Yes, but it's beyond overwhelming. That's why I thought I'd ask.

Has Grimmy actually done a complete Battlescene retexture? In that thread all I can see are "World Map" retextures. And Felix Leonhart appears to have only done 11 of the 89 Battle Scenes.

So to answer my own questions:

Q) I was wondering if someone could explain to me how I might go about increasing the texture resolution of the Battle Scenes and World Map?
A) ASK SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Q) Some games are great at allowing you to multiply the texture resolution by four (for example), add a lot more detail, and then slot them back into the game. Is FF7 friendly to that?
A) ASK SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Q) Or has someone already made a decent high-res texture pack?
A) World Map: Grimmy has done one. Felix Lionhart has done one (arguably better).
    Battles Scenes: Felix Lionhart retextured 11 of the 89 scenes. Unknown if anyone else has ever managed to do all 89.
« Last Edit: 2013-09-20 17:18:05 by ThunderPeel2001 »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #6 on: 2013-09-20 17:17:52 »
You're told to post somewhere else because you're bumping a thread that was posted in the wrong place. There are many members who are happy to help with any issues you have, but you have to ask properly. Provide enough information so we can help, upload screen shots and app log, and do this in the correct place.

If you want to upscale the battle scenes read through the first few posts on EQ2Alyza's thread, she explained what and how she did everything: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14469.0 I believe she did everything battle scene.

My best suggestion: run bootleg with upscaled backgrounds set to png. Then download bloodshots and EQ2Alyza mods. Copy Bloodshots files into the Mods\bootleg\battle folder. Than copy everything in the battle folder and paste it into EQ2Alyza mod folder. This will override everything that you already have, filling in any gaps with EQ2Alyza upscaled scenes. Copy it all back into the battle folder and you're good to go. That's probably your best option.

Bloodshot -> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14610.0

ctrl+f is your best friend when looking through the biglist of mods by the way.

ThunderPeel2001

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-09-20 17:24:12 »
Thanks, I have posted elsewhere now.

It also seems that nobody (outside of EQ2Alyza's upscaling) has done a complete re-texture of the Battle Scenes then. And with World Maps you have two options: Grimmy and Felix. That's all I need to know. Perfect!

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013-09-21 00:14:44 »
Actually several people have done the battle scenes. And there are 3 world maps, Team Avalanche did one as well.