Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4898383 times)

Dracozombie

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2825 on: 2016-03-09 19:45:31 »
Can confirm that Counter Attack is most likely only 50 percent in the current build.

Mithrain, you just found a way to totally cheese a boss I was having trouble with and you are my hero. For extra cheese, I wonder if it's possible to get a Dragon Force or a Lucky Pill on Cid/Cloud so they can wail on Nemesis even faster. Also (correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't watch the whole videos XD), how come Nemesis never cast Ultima? Is it a counter attack of sorts? Because that's the one attack that prevents me from beating him.

I'm also quite mind-blown that your party's HP is so high. o.o My Cloud's pushing level 90 now, but with all the materia I have on him (I use him as a main or backup caster depending on my party setup), he barely crosses the 3000 mark.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-09 19:49:52 by Dracozombie »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: 2016-03-09 20:13:48 »
You can find out all about Nemesis on the FFX Wiki :p

He casts Ultima as a counter to Limit Breaks (and to the Steal command, I think). Mith's HP is likely higher too if he got his hands on that patch I had out briefly to fix 1.35 HP.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: 2016-03-09 21:51:36 »
I did indeed grab the hp-fix patch for the playthrough used here, it was quite different from my first one with the super low hp pools. :> (Nemesis can be cheesed with low hp too, though)

@Dracozombie
And I also think Nemesis counters items (yellow wave anyway?) with Ultima, if memory serves. But yeah, you could use dragonforce/luckypill for autocrit, if you neglect using ribbon. That can be solved with a cast of resist though. Provided you get the luckycrit up first, and THEN resist, assuming Nemesis doesn't cast Ultra Spark before that (you can luckily reset if he does :) ).
The only issue with that, would be the possibility of Resist expiring. I have no idea how long it lasts, but I assume it has a set duration.

Offtopic: Finally bothered to try the Junon league thingymabob. Getting savecrystals from the 2nd cup is fucking win. Are more cups added in 1.4?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: 2016-03-10 22:53:42 »
Save Crystals, eh?

About that, I'm currently tearing out the scripts for it in the North Crater and adding in a bunch of Save Points to certain points on each path; there's something special I want to do with the item and its unique property of returning from the Menu/flipping a variable :l

Resist lasts indefinitely until Dispelled, as does Auto-Crits.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: 2016-03-10 23:02:37 »
Lovely. Are we getting a savepoint in the place with magic pots/movers? I seem to recall you saying you were increasing the spawnrate of those mobs as well, so it would be awesome to have one there.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-10 23:10:26 by Mithrain »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: 2016-03-10 23:29:57 »
There's a save point at the entrance, one on each of the three paths, and a final one near the point of no return that's handled by the teleport NPC.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: 2016-03-12 20:12:04 »
No posts for 1 day from anyone, not even segaboss? I smell smtn cooking in tha kitchan! -_o

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: 2016-03-12 23:48:14 »
Currently d*cking around in my latest savefile, trying to do stupid things.
My latest idea is to see if I can solo Nemesis with Cid, while doing absolutely nothing.
Seems like that's very much possible.

Great success: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30kzfcXLGh8

Cloud, too!
Great success #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T3tOXx9gV0

How do you have such levels of HP?? I'm lvl 80 and Cloud is with 2700HP

How?!

Cheers

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: 2016-03-13 04:53:18 »
1.35 has a problem with its HP arcs; I put out a patch but it turned out that it couldn't help games in progress, only new games that had been started with the patch applied.

Dracozombie

• View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: 2016-03-13 19:48:21 »
Mind posting a link to that patch? I didn't see it on the front page. I know that 1.4 is hopefully and awesomely around the corner, but I'm losing steam doing disc 3 stuff so I figured I could restart a new game with a proper HP curve to tide me over. Granted, HP didn't become a problem until disc 3, and with my pace 1.4 will come out long before I even get there, but it's worth a playthrough to see what the HP is supposed to be like.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: 2016-03-14 07:25:37 »
hey sega

how much more longer until 1.4 is ready to be played

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: 2016-03-14 09:04:19 »
Mind posting a link to that patch? I didn't see it on the front page. I know that 1.4 is hopefully and awesomely around the corner, but I'm losing steam doing disc 3 stuff so I figured I could restart a new game with a proper HP curve to tide me over. Granted, HP didn't become a problem until disc 3, and with my pace 1.4 will come out long before I even get there, but it's worth a playthrough to see what the HP is supposed to be like.

I think it might be this one; it's the last one that was made http://www.mediafire.com/download/zs4tpqm22bulc8a/NT_Mod_HotFix_Scene_-_3rd_November_2015.zip

hey sega

how much more longer until 1.4 is ready to be played

Just a couple of days.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: 2016-03-14 12:39:51 »
Just a couple of days.
Is the Dark Cave script thingy fixed for when you release 1.4? :) Or have you been copy-pasting the SP AI for almost 2 weeks? ;)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: 2016-03-14 16:24:19 »
Nah, that's still messed up. It's the other sidequests I've been adjusting.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: 2016-03-18 08:28:01 »
Hey...
No news for such a long time.
Is the multi-team thing I saw in a psx demo somewhere in this thread implemented in NT? And day/night stuff?

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: 2016-03-18 10:26:29 »
That was an entirely different mod, eXistenZe. I believe it was called "Final Fantasy 7: Guardian of Time" or something similar.

Also.

Just a couple of days.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: 2016-03-18 16:43:06 »
What do you think to limit the random encounters to a certain number per field (or level)? This might be a good idea for the  second run of the game. I have bought Cthulhu Saves the World, which is doing so and really like this idea because it motivates to clear an area and it limits the grinding in an intelligent way. You could give as a reward items and for some hard fields a source to increase the stats.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: 2016-03-18 17:32:39 »
That's not very ff lore friendly... Only ff12 had it. And even in that one they were respawn by moving areas. Random battles have always been a major part of FF games. Both good and bad.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: 2016-03-18 21:08:23 »
What do you think to limit the random encounters to a certain number per field (or level)? This might be a good idea for the  second run of the game. I have bought Cthulhu Saves the World, which is doing so and really like this idea because it motivates to clear an area and it limits the grinding in an intelligent way. You could give as a reward items and for some hard fields a source to increase the stats.

I really liked that encounter system when I played Cthulu; the only one better than it is maybe Earthbound which auto-wins the fight if you're too strong for it. I was thinking about doing something like it, but I put the random battle switch in instead. An incentive for clearing an area is good though, I didn't think of that. I'd need to test if I have enough variables accessible within battle to track each area though.

Hey...
No news for such a long time.
Is the multi-team thing I saw in a psx demo somewhere in this thread implemented in NT? And day/night stuff?

I actually have that prototype; Roden kindly sent it across and I was poking around in its guts. The day-night thing was removed from NT because the way I did it wasn't very good, but I am looking to make a PS1 mod of some kind after NT, and...

Also, putting the NT installer together now. Just need to get the names of different language files/folders for the flevel and lang folder so I can set the patcher up properly.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: 2016-03-19 00:44:03 »
v1.4 is now live and available from the download page.

So couple of things; first of all, all the documentation, the 7H IRO, and optional files (going to add the .exe later when I've made a new one specifically for this build) are included in the download.

Second, I'm about to go on a week's holiday starting Sunday which is very bad timing because typically there are bugs to be fixed when a major update gets made but I won't be able to fix them for like 7-8 days. So in the event that people have trouble with their installations or if a serious problem occurs that prevents progress, please help hold the fort and let people know what the situation is. If there's anything to fix by the time I get back, I'll be right on it.

Bugs to watch for are sudden changes in your SP meter (seen through the Extended Save Menu), sudden teleportation, scripts firing up in the wrong places, bosses dying in one hit/becoming inactive, soft-locks (game still running but cannot move), hard crashes (desktop with an error message), and others. Some bugs are native to the game itself (like the ladder glitch for instance, or Quake3's bizarre texture problem that can happen with repeated use) so if you spot a bug report that you recognise as being a problem with the game itself then let them know.

Feedback is also important, as the change to enemies has been quite radical due to the increased EXP you'll be getting; expect to hit Disc 3 at around Lv.70-80. I also buffed some spells like Cure3 and Comet2, as well as the Summons, so let me know how all that works out.

Third, as was mentioned before, Arrange Mode and Dark Cave were disabled temporarily so I can properly set up the former and re-do the latter. The option for Arranged should be locked/greyed out while Dark Cave should be inaccessible. Let me know if this isn't the case.

But beyond that, hope you enjoy the 1.4 update. Do not visit the Midgar diorama outside of visiting hours.

Gatchaman

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #2845 on: 2016-03-19 02:31:06 »
Woohoo! I'll be checking this out over the weekend then. I'll give some feedback later, once you're back from your hols (enjoy 'em!).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: 2016-03-19 02:48:26 »
I've spotted one thing; there's a variable trigger for testing on an NPC in Junon's Respectable Inn (the one accessed by ladder). It makes Tifa's L4. Limit Boss available to fight there and locks out the piano portion of it. It's a small thing, just one line, but it still needs to be patched. I'll update everything tomorrow + flevel patch so I can take care of any other early bugs that might appear.

VenomSWR

• View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: 2016-03-19 03:08:59 »
Hey, hum, new here, but I guess I found some glitch(es) at the beginning of the game...

First, I play with the French version and installed the patch like this is instructed (renaming the folder & the file), but you need to rename them back afterwards (or the game just crashes), and it doesn't even display French dialogues (not a problem, just pointing it out, I don't actually know if a translation is even intended).

Second, I played through the first checkpoint and accidentally pressed L3 button and it took me to this deal-making creatur (forgot the name, sorry ><)it did the dialog with him, I left off and then, I was warped to the reactor flashback in Reactor N°5 with Tifa & Barrett, but I couldn't access materias or even see Tifa with me in the menu (she wasn't in the Boss fight)... I don't know if that's intended too but doesn't seem like it... Sorry if it's a known bug or something :/

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: 2016-03-19 03:19:22 »
The files aren't translated, it's just to get the installer to patch files with different names; they'll all be in English once they're patched unfortunately. In the folder with the instructions, Step 5 mentions the need to rename the files back to their original names after the installation and that the language will be changed to English.

The second thing is a bug though; Rank Up isn't supposed to be available until after you leave Midgar, and if it's teleporting you to a different part of the game as well then it needs to be fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: Looks like all of the Midgar Save Points still have the Rank teleport script (except for one). It's easy enough to fix; in the meantime, everyone try and avoid pressing L2 when using one of the Midgar Save Points. I'll have the patch up tomorrow night, by which time I'm sure some other bugs'll have popped up.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-19 03:28:42 by Sega Chief »

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: 2016-03-19 05:53:01 »
i need that old version of this mod please