Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837807 times)

Gatchaman

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #2850 on: 2016-03-19 07:09:03 »
Oh! So that nobody else makes the same mistake I did - be sure to revert to the normal .exe before starting your new game!
I was still using the experimental 1.35 .exe patch and found myself with a 1 Dex Cloud!
Still managed to get out of the reactor in time with default battle/ message speed, and getting Cloud booted from the boss battle, though (twenty seconds to spare!).

I've reached sector seven and saved to switch back the executable version. Seems fine, should be OK, right?

I noticed the save points also had fun names for the characters' SP totals, and a couple of text box formatting problems from having custom names. (the text box where Cloud introduces himself is not big enough to contain "Gatchaman", for example, so there's a line break)
I like the intro dialogue boxes for the innate abilities! Barret's works OK with the custom names until the last message, though, where in the body of the text it still displays his default name.
Tifa's uses her custom name, but breaks over the line if she's got a long name.
So yeah, nothing major... YET  :evil:

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: 2016-03-19 10:45:22 »
There were some doubts about the MO exe changing some in-game values (limits and stats). Has anyone confirmed that?

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: 2016-03-19 12:07:34 »
Oh! So that nobody else makes the same mistake I did - be sure to revert to the normal .exe before starting your new game!

How does one do that again?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: 2016-03-19 12:29:40 »
That's disappointing about the names; I tried to leave a margin to cover max-character names but I guess it isn't enough. An idea I had though was to change Makou's held name for each character to something with a max name and then just run it's auto re-size for the entire thing; that should hopefully solve the problem in no time. I held off doing it though in case it doesn't work/bugs out.

As for a normal .exe, if you don't have a back-up of your original one then you can use this patch to restore it: https://mega.nz/#!i50xQRaZ!_tqb7dQiZgyH0TMOC5cjK-DTRe98aVfU8vO4T2AEs7w

Unfortunately, it default restores the whole thing so you'll need to run the NT Installer again afterwards.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: 2016-03-19 12:59:59 »
That's disappointing about the names; I tried to leave a margin to cover max-character names but I guess it isn't enough. An idea I had though was to change Makou's held name for each character to something with a max name and then just run it's auto re-size for the entire thing; that should hopefully solve the problem in no time. I held off doing it though in case it doesn't work/bugs out.

As for a normal .exe, if you don't have a back-up of your original one then you can use this patch to restore it: https://mega.nz/#!i50xQRaZ!_tqb7dQiZgyH0TMOC5cjK-DTRe98aVfU8vO4T2AEs7w

Unfortunately, it default restores the whole thing so you'll need to run the NT Installer again afterwards.

Hey Chief thanks for this release has this update been connected to 7th Heaven yet or or is that still in the process.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: 2016-03-19 13:27:45 »
if we can't rank up til we leave midgar that's gonna make the fights pretty hard o.o

i hope you modified the midgar bosses with that in mind
« Last Edit: 2016-03-19 13:29:44 by selius »

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: 2016-03-19 14:27:52 »
Yeah it's balanced for it, selius- you get a good few levels quite quickly so you can always grind one or two out for some HP (try the reappearing Shin-Ra security at the bottom of the train tunnel  :D ).

Yuffie1983- I don't use 7th Heaven, but I'm pretty sure the necessary file is included in the mega download with the main installer!

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: 2016-03-19 14:56:01 »
So not to rush you or anything, but is there a date for when we can expect the optional EXE patch (want the improved limit breaks and whatnot) as well as Arrange mode??

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: 2016-03-19 16:26:12 »
Hey Chief thanks for this release has this update been connected to 7th Heaven yet or or is that still in the process.

I sent the new files to Alyza and hopefully there aren't any problems with the modified files, etc. I put an IRO in with the download, but I think my IROs have been wonky in the past.

if we can't rank up til we leave midgar that's gonna make the fights pretty hard o.o

i hope you modified the midgar bosses with that in mind

I fine-tuned every single enemy & boss in the game. A lot of them had some AI tune-ups as well so there's more patterned AI as opposed to the older random MOD AI that could make some fights a crapshoot. I'm hoping that Ranks occur roughly around the areas I planned them for; let me know when and where you get rank ups for each character though because having random fights give SP will likely give this a lot of variance even with the level check (and report any problems like SP suddenly getting fixed to 100 or 0; you can check it on post-Midgar save points).

Quick note; random enemies will stop giving SP if any of your party members are a higher level than them. I think I was supposed to hide the SP Gained message for Midgar enemies just to avoid questions about what SP is/used for until it's properly introduced but I may have copy-pasted the version of the AI that has the text anyway so...yeah.

So not to rush you or anything, but is there a date for when we can expect the optional EXE patch (want the improved limit breaks and whatnot) as well as Arrange mode??

The .exe patch can be made fairly quickly, the time is in testing it and making sure it's balanced (the old one had issues); I can't start on it until next week though. I also want to do some interesting things with Arrange to make it more than just a 'slightly harder enemies' mode; that might take a little more time but first I need to spend a couple of days reworking Dark Cave so I can make it available again ASAP.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: 2016-03-19 16:31:12 »
you can check sp on midgar save points fine

it's just talking to all smiles zero fun guy that screws you

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: 2016-03-19 16:34:46 »
I looked at the flevel this morning, I think it's only one or two of the early ones that have the script for checking SP. The rest should be blanked out.

Draykon

• View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: 2016-03-19 17:47:13 »
I patched from 1.35 to 1.4 and continued my existing save at end game. I've noticed that I am taking a LOT more damage now. Cloud only has about 2600 HP and he is taking 1200+ per hit, but I was fine in 1.35. Do I need to start a new file because of how the Rank system has changed?

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: 2016-03-19 18:43:53 »
Chief sega-san senpai, few questions.

1. I have to start a new game for this patch? I will do it anyways.

2. Is the Hp problem solved?

3. Zack will be such Op as the 1.35 version? I spect no, please.

4. Any changes in the enemy skills materia?

5. What are the new things of the 1.4 version?

6. Can I talk about your mod in that spanish forum that I talked to you weeks ago?

Thats all, thanks for everything Chief.

Cheers!

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: 2016-03-19 20:47:07 »
Ok so I got this really weird bug, after I talked to the mako mutant guy who ranks you up I magically appeared in the Nibelheim flashback to be then taken to the 2nd reactor you need to blow up, did I installed something wrong?

Doully

• View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: 2016-03-19 20:51:10 »
Buzzing to get stuck into 1.4 but I think I'll wait until the easter holidays to properly invest some time into this. Cheers for the hard work SC.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: 2016-03-19 22:18:33 »
Haven't actually tried 1.4 yet (yes, really) been a bit busy with stuff. Do I need anything, but the 1.4 patch itself, and the patch thingy to revert to standard .exe?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: 2016-03-19 22:48:08 »
I patched from 1.35 to 1.4 and continued my existing save at end game. I've noticed that I am taking a LOT more damage now. Cloud only has about 2600 HP and he is taking 1200+ per hit, but I was fine in 1.35. Do I need to start a new file because of how the Rank system has changed?

I don't know if it's advisable to carry on from a 1.35 save file; there's a lot of new variables for events and you might miss out on gear. Also, your HP from 1.35 definitely will not hold up against 1.4 enemy attacks. It'd be best to start a new game.

Chief sega-san senpai, few questions.

1. I have to start a new game for this patch? I will do it anyways.

2. Is the Hp problem solved?

3. Zack will be such Op as the 1.35 version? I spect no, please.

4. Any changes in the enemy skills materia?

5. What are the new things of the 1.4 version?

6. Can I talk about your mod in that spanish forum that I talked to you weeks ago?

Thats all, thanks for everything Chief.

Cheers!

Yeah, a new game is best; pre-existing save files won't have the right materia/equipment when your characters join, among other problems.

HP is solved; you'll have a lot more by end-game now even with a full Materia load.

Zack will probably be a lot easier now.

Not many changes, nothing major just base power adjustments and the like.

I listed as many as I could in the changelog.

Sure, go ahead. Remember to mention the installation thing with renaming key files for installation then renaming them back. Actually, I'd appreciate it if you could write out some instructions in Spanish so I can add them to the install note in the download folder. I'll ask people for a french and german version of that (hopefully Kynos for the german, and someone else for the french).

Ok so I got this really weird bug, after I talked to the mako mutant guy who ranks you up I magically appeared in the Nibelheim flashback to be then taken to the 2nd reactor you need to blow up, did I installed something wrong?

No, it's an oversight. When I was fixing save point scripts, I copy-pasted a fixed one into all the save points but it had the script for rank-up + SP checking in it which means you can access these much earlier than intended (Rank Up isn't supposed to be available until the Mythril Mines). I'm releasing a patch tonight to fix this issue.

Haven't actually tried 1.4 yet (yes, really) been a bit busy with stuff. Do I need anything, but the 1.4 patch itself, and the patch thingy to revert to standard .exe?

It just patches over whatever you have in the data folder; as for the .exe, if you don't have the default one then you can use the default restore first to get yourself a default .exe before using the NT installer.

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: 2016-03-19 22:56:38 »
So to fix it I just need to use the patch youre uploading tonight and presumably star the game over (I dont mind, it was the first save before the scorpion guard)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: 2016-03-19 23:19:47 »
I'm not sure; but if the game warped you forward past Reactor 1 and sector 7 then that might be wise to avoid variable trouble later on.

Here's the flevel patch folks: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e81dzdlan7po7wt/Flevel_Patch_19th_March.zip

It's applied like the main installer; remember to rename your flevel.lgp before applying and to rename it back after it's done.

I'll update the main installer with this patch as well, then I'll be gone for a week in some country or other :l

Main Installer updated. And with that, I'll be gone for 7 days; here's hoping nothing breaks in the meantime.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-20 00:19:05 by Sega Chief »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: 2016-03-20 12:20:48 »

Just did this, twice. Cloud still starts off with 1 agility (dexterity). Is this normal? It seems not, as his other stats are quite a bit higher.

Guess I may have to simply re-install the entire game :>
« Last Edit: 2016-03-20 12:22:21 by Mithrain »

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: 2016-03-20 13:07:20 »
I just checked- Cloud's initial stats with his starting materia should be:
Str 33
Dex 16
Vit 28
Mag 30
Spr 32
Luk 14

Edit to avoid double posting:
In the first reactor, in the screen with the save point, the formation with two Grunts and a Sweeper- The Sweeper seems to have very little HP- only one attack was enough to take it out. I thought it was a bit tougher the first time through (without the new flevel patch), so maybe something has changed? Either way, seems off. The "SP Gained" message still appears when it's killed, too.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-20 13:25:52 by Gatchaman »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: 2016-03-20 16:58:46 »
Just did this, twice. Cloud still starts off with 1 agility (dexterity). Is this normal? It seems not, as his other stats are quite a bit higher.

Guess I may have to simply re-install the entire game :>

If you're using steam, try to check integrity, it should redownload correct files. (I uninstalled/reinstalled to be sure tho).

What is happening with Arrange mode in 1.4 ? I know it's locked until a later patch but to be honest, the game seems really easy in 1.4 (or at least the beginning). Just to give an example, the chocobo fight in tunnel (where you get chocobracelet) felt something around 4 times easier than arrange in 1.35. Maybe it's just the beginning which is easier.

In my opinion iron bangle gives way too much defense for the early game. It should be divided by two. Also the cure strength up might be a bit too much. The up was needed because spamming potion was more worth, but now healing items feel useless when a cure at lv 10 outpower a potion on the whole team.

I really appreciate we got sense materia sooner, even if it's more about comfort. Regarding the new ultimate weapon (not going to spoil the name) is it also a quest ? Or is it the same way than in vanilla to get it ?

Oh and, I also noticed a little problem when talking to tutorial NPC in sector 7. You can ask about innates to the first NPC but his only answer is that the level is capped at 70.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: 2016-03-20 19:34:06 »
I have noticed a few bugs up until Mythril Mines.
*The text box that tells you if u want to save, enter menu etc when you are about to fight Rufus didnt disappear when he started talking.

*After saving before the bike mini game you get thrown into the fight with Rubicante, but after completing you still have to do the race and then fight the boss again.

*When fighting Rude and Elena, Turk Cure does not inflict berserk, thus making it impossible to beat since i dont have a way to burst 1000 dmg ( doing no random encounter run).

Anyway, have fun on your week off Sega, the bugs will be waiting...=)

Bukharin377

• View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: 2016-03-20 20:45:52 »
Hi, if I already have custom model replacements installed is there a way of installing this so that they aren't affected? Really looking forward to playing the latest version :)

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: 2016-03-20 22:52:10 »
I've never played this mod before, I just downloaded it and I wanna game it but...

I don't really know how to apply the mod with the rest of the 7TH stuff which is what I wanna do, not the single patch installer which is contained in the folder.

How do I go about this? Every past mod is already there in the mods folder and is registered in the mod listing but this one won't appear even if I have the folder in the same directory, I chose it on the installation tab on the BFE and add it but don't see it anywhere.......what I am doing wrong?