Author Topic: Change of mod and lgp path after installing the re-release in a different path.  (Read 4784 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Ok... I don't feel lucky for spotting that :) After installing and converting the re-release in c:Games while having the old version in program files, my mod path in the old version in the program files is loaded from the c:games so when I launch the old version, mods and lgp files load from c:games... I have different modification in my old version and I want to use it. I also had changed my drive letter from "d" to "k" for another reason but I saved the changes in the Bootloader as well. Please help! Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2013-05-06 23:22:24 by LeonhartGR »

Kompass63

• View Profile
It is only one set of registry keys for the old version valid.
Kranmers new to old patch as directed everything from that of the rerelease folder is used.
My FF7 Game Converter directed everything to  the old release folder, if available.
Some of the old files will be saved in the folder "BackupGC".
If necessary, you can copy back from there individual files.

Edit: That reminds me of just the keys have been changed with you... :?
That means you'd have set the keys manually on the old path  ...

To use two old versions side by side is not possible, you would have to change the registry key every time ...
« Last Edit: 2013-05-06 11:59:15 by Kompass63 »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I just want to use my old files. What do I need to change in registry? Thanks!

I edited the paths in registry to load from program files but now the bootloader's option are blank and game cannot find the save files! When I try to launch the game via ff7music.exe it also doesn't load and options and plugins are blank! Please help!

« Last Edit: 2013-05-06 23:54:17 by LeonhartGR »

PhildWithMalice

• View Profile
You should have a section here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\GameConverterkeys (64-bit)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\GameConverterkeys (32-bit)

In your picture you don't.  Do a Find command for the GameConverterkeys if you used Kompass63's UAC converter.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I did everything via Bootleg040. There are my old files that do not load with my first ff7 install when I used an older version of Bootleg,I think 037.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-07 00:07:23 by LeonhartGR »

PhildWithMalice

• View Profile

Here's a list of keys in mine. It's the re-release with Kompass63's converter. This should give you a starting point to search for keys or create correct ones.

Kompass63

• View Profile
Hi LeonhartGR

I'm sorry, I had night shift.

All keys I could find are listed here again.
All for 64 bit Win 7 with UAC enabled.

If UAC is turned off, which is mandatory for bootleg, only Set 1 is relevant.
Do you have a 32 bit Win 7 is also only Set1 interesting, but without the "Wow6432Node" between.

If you installed both versions of the game, Bootleg (to my knowledge) modifies the ReRelease, the first installed 1998 version is unusable.

You can try to copy the modified files separately from your old [FF7-1998] folder to your [FF7-2012] folder.
But make backups of the files that you want to overwrite.
The keys "AppPath," "DataPath" and "MoviePath" should be pointing to your FF7-2012 folder (which has now made with Kranmers patch to a 1998-FF7).
The keys for graphics, sound and MIDI are set as soon as you start FF7Config.exe and do all the settings there and testing all.

If you want to use your old [FF7-1998] installation, you have the three keys pointing back to the old path.
But then you can not use the bootloader of your desktop, which is indeed in the FF7-2012 folder.
Instead, you start the FF7.exe from your old FF7-1998 folder.

I hope I could eliminate all clarities and put you in total confusion. :-D
If not, tell me how it ended...

Side note: The keys in "GameConverterkeys" are not required by the game, that I've only written purely any other tools in the future.

@ PhildWithMalice
The problem is that he has already used bootleg, and therefore all his keys refer to the FF7-2012 folder.
Also my GameConverter can no longer separate that.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-07 07:27:11 by Kompass63 »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Sorry folks, I looked through this a lot... till lost patience, backed up my old ff7 files and uninstalled the horrible re-release (nice waste of money though, hopefully I bought the discount release) and the old ff7. Re-installed old ff7--->copied my files over---> run ff7config.exe to register the custom driver---> run Bootloader and registered the movie path and disk drive---> pressed write cfg while in the movie path field for the "\" to be registered in the end---> run ff7music.exe to check if my remixed list is not lost which hopefully didn't caz I thought of backing it up at first place (yeah it happened to disappear another time if hadn't backed up)---> save and exit---> play through ff7music.exe (it launches the ff7.exe).

All good now!

P.S.: Never install the re-release version and convert it if you already have the old files! It also caused a video\audio delay issue with the modded video I made for sqlogo.avi which didn't happen with the old installation.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-07 11:46:30 by LeonhartGR »

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
I had the exact same issues. Thank you so much for this Troubleshooting series of posts.