Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Anxious Heart (A05 Final)  (Read 348138 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] Anxious Heart
« Reply #350 on: 2014-04-30 20:32:41 »
1) Bootleg comes with it's own option for Anxious Heart and installs it automatically if chosen. Installing it separately is not needed.

2) The OP says it has been updated to A04, which only supports Aali's Driver v0.8 and newer. Bootleg uses A03b, which supports Aali's Driver v0.7.11b and is what is installed when using Bootleg. Trying to mix and match the drivers after a Bootleg install is definitely not recommended.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2014-04-30 21:05:48 »
Update Aali's driver is what I'd do.  I don't use bootleg, I install all my own stuff separately. 

Scrat

• Don't eat yellow snow... even if it might be beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2014-04-30 21:57:58 »
Ok I really appreciate the help guys but I am confused on a few levels,

Quote from: EQ2Alyza on 2014-03-01 19:38:45

1) Bootleg comes with it's own option for Anxious Heart and installs it automatically if chosen. Installing it separately is not needed.

2) The OP says it has been updated to A04, which only supports Aali's Driver v0.8 and newer. Bootleg uses A03b, which supports Aali's Driver v0.7.11b and is what is installed when using Bootleg. Trying to mix and match the drivers after a Bootleg install is definitely not recommended.

is this a solution or not? I'm afraid I dont understand what you are saying, I can see that AH and bootleg run different Aali things, that kinda makes sense, but you also say that bootleg runs its own version of anxious heart?

If there is a way to get this to work please explain in layman's terms, i build cars not computers xD

Update Aali's driver is what I'd do.  I don't use bootleg, I install all my own stuff separately. 

How would I do this? can I do this without messing up bootleg?

I really appreciate the help guys
« Last Edit: 2014-04-30 21:59:42 by Scrat »

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2014-05-02 03:53:05 »
If you using bootleg which I have no idea why and you should just make back up of all your files then use 7th Heaven for most of the lgp items.  Then create a patch with kernel bins and scene with Proud Clod and wallmarket respectively.  So the steps would be this:
1: back up all your original files
2: run bootleg
3: then extract all the files into a folder labeled the lgp they are under plus .exe
4: put them in the mods folder and make a core folder entitled something like HD FF7
the next two are optional
5: use wallmarket to patch the kernel bin
6: use proud clod to patch the scene bin
Once this is done you'll more then likely be able to use alot of the features from both mods.  7th heaven was used to make mods more user friendly and an easy click to activate or deactivate them.  If you use Reunion I would recommend to only use the char.lgp, flevel.lgp(possibly) and battle.lgp.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #354 on: 2014-05-02 11:47:22 »
Ok I really appreciate the help guys but I am confused on a few levels,

is this a solution or not? I'm afraid I dont understand what you are saying, I can see that AH and bootleg run different Aali things, that kinda makes sense, but you also say that bootleg runs its own version of anxious heart?

If there is a way to get this to work please explain in layman's terms, i build cars not computers xD

No layman's required, but I'll do my best to speak in car terms to help :-P

Bootleg040 uses Anxious Heart version A03b (gasoline) and Aali's Driver v0.7.11b (gasoline engine). Those two go hand-in-hand compatibility wise, like gasoline to a gasoline engine.

Since Aali's Driver v0.8b (diesel engine) was released, DLPB updated Anxious Heart to vA04 (diesel) to be compatible only with it, like diesel to a diesel engine.

DLPB is saying that if you started using diesel (A04), then you also need a diesel engine (0.8.11b). What I'm suggesting though is to stick to the tutorial, which is designed for Bootleg040 to run on gasoline (A03b) and gasoline engines (0.7.11b). Down the road, we would like to offer Bootleg with a diesel engine + diesel option.

The link to download AH.exe (A03b) individually is working, but the torrent will have it packaged as well. The tutorial's links are the only place to download A03b, as I don't believe it is supported in this thread anymore.

Scrat

• Don't eat yellow snow... even if it might be beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2014-05-03 11:14:40 »

No layman's required, but I'll do my best to speak in car terms to help :-P

Bootleg040 uses Anxious Heart version A03b (gasoline) and Aali's Driver v0.7.11b (gasoline engine). Those two go hand-in-hand compatibility wise, like gasoline to a gasoline engine.

Since Aali's Driver v0.8b (diesel engine) was released, DLPB updated Anxious Heart to vA04 (diesel) to be compatible only with it, like diesel to a diesel engine.

DLPB is saying that if you started using diesel (A04), then you also need a diesel engine (0.8.11b). What I'm suggesting though is to stick to the tutorial, which is designed for Bootleg040 to run on gasoline (A03b) and gasoline engines (0.7.11b). Down the road, we would like to offer Bootleg with a diesel engine + diesel option.

The link to download AH.exe (A03b) individually is working, but the torrent will have it packaged as well. The tutorial's links are the only place to download A03b, as I don't believe it is supported in this thread anymore.

I respect you so much for doing this for me, I understand perfectly!!

ok so with my modding capability (little to none) would it be wise to try your method genesis? I dont completely understand where you are coming from :P

Honestly the music mods I am using now are very nice and I can definately live with it. (so far tried bootleg OCremix, ffftims) and just look forward to being able to use the diesel and hybrid engines of the future :) (please lets not treat this like the automotive industry too much though, I wouldn't want you to sacrifice performance for more environmental coding fuel)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2014-05-23 18:40:12 »
Hey there.
Trying to update my old ff7 bootleg install to the new aali driver and your AH matching version, however I get no music.
Uninstalled FF7music, Unziped ff7_opengl-0.8.1b, reconfigured ff7_opengl.cfg, installed AH A04, the ogg is in the right folder, however I get no music.
Do I require a clean ff7.exe too? Or is there an absolute incompatibility between a bootleg install and these new versions?

Best regards and thank you for you great mods.

[edit]
Nevermid... The music plugin was not correctly pointed in ff7_opengl.cfg during AH install.
« Last Edit: 2014-05-23 18:54:04 by eXistenZe »

meesbaker

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Anxious Heart (A04 FINAL)
« Reply #357 on: 2015-04-10 16:50:14 »
Wow, this is hardcore malware. Auto insalled multiple troys and toolbars without prompt and other crap, kaspersky immediately reported a two digit number of infected files. Currently repairing my browser...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2015-04-10 17:26:49 »
I have downloaded Anxious Heart several times and never had such a problem. I suspect it might be related to the "Ultrafiles" mirror that links to the download.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2015-04-10 17:35:37 »
Probably, what's the name of the target file? I had only a single download button on screen and that linked me to an installer called something like “filedownloaddansomething.exe“. And this file is hell.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2015-04-10 17:44:51 »
The target file is AH.exe.torrent, which downloads from Google Docs.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2015-04-10 17:49:09 »
Crap, I got trolled by the mirror. Still I dont see how Im supposed to get around that. I clicked the link in the initial post again and I get the same page trying to download the same file. Ill probably renew my win7 and try it again.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2015-04-10 18:02:51 »
Wait five seconds, and then at the top there's a "skip ad" button. DLPB, I would strongly advice using a more honest click revenue service.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2015-04-10 18:14:52 »
Ah that one, damn. I was sure Im loading the correct stuff, well Ill kill my windows anyway now that I know that I executed a file that wasnt from dlbp. Mystartsearch is a common trojan so who knows what else was packed. Shit, why isnt everyone using mediafire :D

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2015-04-10 21:21:59 »
Wait five seconds, and then at the top there's a "skip ad" button. DLPB, I would strongly advice using a more honest click revenue service.

I'll be removing all ads from my links in the coming days.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-10 21:40:46 by DLPB »

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2015-04-11 04:35:42 »
Alright, thx for the help guys.  8)
« Last Edit: 2015-04-11 11:29:30 by meesbaker »

« Reply #366 on: 2015-05-02 16:31:43 »
Need seeders!

Put AH.exe into my seedbox, patiently waiting.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2015-05-31 13:02:24 »
“User 'DLPB' has blocked your personal message.“

errr...what? Did I miss something, are we any kind of enemies? :/

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2015-05-31 13:26:31 »
“User 'DLPB' has blocked your personal message.“

errr...what? Did I miss something, are we any kind of enemies? :/
If I'm not mistaken, his PMs are set to "buddies and administrators only" to prevent a barrage of the same super basic questions over and over again from people who don't read the first posts of threads.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2015-05-31 14:50:23 »
If I'm not mistaken, his PMs are set to "buddies and administrators only" to prevent a barrage of the same super basic questions over and over again from people who don't read the first posts of threads.

I need to learn this... :evil:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2015-05-31 18:21:22 »
That's precisely it.  The only people on my list are those that help or have helped in some way with projects.

n1honomaru

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2015-06-30 18:03:00 »
hi

could some kind soul reupload latest ali patch ff7_opengl-0.8b.zip ? coz original thread is closed and link is dead ;/ i need this one file exactly vgmstream_music.fgp and on google is only one link to that closed thread ;/

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2015-07-01 16:28:13 »
There is an alternate link posted in the thread, but it's kind of buried and hard to see.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14922.msg228992#msg228992

Ajnz21

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2015-07-04 13:33:12 »
DLPB, playing at the resolution you suggested didn't help unfortunately. However ditching the steam version and converting to the 98 version has fixed my problem. Also being able to use the menu overhaul is a very nice bonus, I like the new look.

« Reply #374 on: 2015-07-07 17:17:05 »
Hello everybody I'm new here and been playing FFVII since I got it earlier... I'm here to talk about this mod and how it doesn't work for me since there was not readme file what so ever so please tell me what I did wrong so I could get this mod to work?