Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 569218 times)

Niai

• View Profile
NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #25 on: 2006-01-11 18:32:53 »
I can actually download the file, but when I open it  I get an error message saying "the Archive is either in unknown format or damaged".

Luctus

« Reply #26 on: 2006-01-13 09:05:54 »
None of the download links work  :(

Please, reupload.

http://www.rapidshare.de/ is good file hosting btw, they don't put download/age limits on the files like yousendit.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006-01-24 12:47:49 »
Sorry for the delay. I couldn't remeber where I left the file :-P.
Here you have another link to the NPC reconstruction project 4.0:
http://perso.wanadoo.es/eusebio2k/NPC%20Reconstruction%20Project%20v0.4%20.zip
Hope this one works for some more time than the last one...

By the way, since this topic is a bit dead lastly I think it's time to show some progress. Well... not a lot, sorry. Here is a picture of the last model I've been working on (well, in fact It's been like 3 weeks since I did it :-P):

On a side note, I finish my exams tomorrow so I'll have some spare time to coninue working on this project. Expect a tutorial about how to make models soon.

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #28 on: 2006-01-24 18:19:34 »
Looks great man! Well done.

I have a question! When do you expect to have this NPC Project Completed? Im sorry if that sounds pushy, but I would like to have a estimate. Id love to help, but im in my final year and dont have time to do models yet. Definitly post up a tutorial on how to make models, id be really interested in reading it.

And can I ask on how you intend to keep the quality of models high if a few different people have a hand in creating them? I understand that for the reunion patch the characters were just taken out of the fight scenes, thats why they look so good, but for the NPC Project it will be up to the creativity of the modeler, which makes this project a little harder.  

Anyway, as always im impressed! Great work & keep it up.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-01-24 21:11:56 »
Thanks for the support spyrojiros_tail.
Sorry, but telling you a final release date is completly imposible. I don't have a clue when will this be finished. It all depends on how many people gets involved in the project.
Of course, the more people works on this project, the more different styles we will get. I have my style, ice_cold513 has his style, everyone has his style. In fact, even my current style is more polished than when I began with this. I'd like to do all the models since they would look exactly as I want. But I can't. It's way too much work for a single man. Anyway, everyone has his own preferences and what pleases me could disapoint others.
As for your participation, don't worry. I think next year this won't be over yet, so you will have your oportunity :-P.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-01-24 21:49:06 »
Wow! That looks so cool! Great work guys! This will soon become as essential as Reunion's patch. However I have a small problem with your work. I don't think that you should have spent time making Jessie, Biggs, or Wedge because they do not appear in the game very long. You should concentrate on more generic models so that you can finish up faster and have it more appreciated. However its your time, and either way, thank you for thinking of others to use your time upon! We appreciate it! =D

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006-01-24 22:09:07 »
Quote from: Midgar
Wow! That looks so cool! Great work guys! This will soon become as essential as Reunion's patch. However I have a small problem with your work. I don't think that you should have spent time making Jessie, Biggs, or Wedge because they do not appear in the game very long. You should concentrate on more generic models so that you can finish up faster and have it more appreciated. However its your time, and either way, thank you for thinking of others to use your time upon! We appreciate it! =D

well if the creators intended to create a full set, i believe it would take the same amount of time

however, i do agree that more common NPCs should be reworked before the less visible characters are

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006-01-25 08:01:17 »
Hi im new and have 1 little question

you know the Zack model without the sword, does it have all Cloud's battle animations, because i was led to believe it was based off the Cloud battle model

By the way really nice job it looks great

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006-01-25 12:07:57 »
Welcome Munemasa.
Well, let's clarify this. Zack's model included on Reuninon's patch is almost the same as Cloud's model. It has the same skeleton so you can use the same animations with it. But take care that that model is a field model. If you turn it in to a battle model, then It will play any battle animation made for Cloud flawlessly (or it should, at least) but a field model can't be used directly in battles.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006-01-25 13:10:37 »
this is probley the wrong topic to ask this in but how would i go about makeing it a battle model

and how are you able to get the models you created in game

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006-01-26 12:38:16 »
Well, I've never had a close look into the battle model skeleton format, but esentially, I would suggest simply replacing Cloud's head with Zack's head. It's just that you must make it arround 40 times larger and draw lighting manually over it (the battle engine doesn't apply any lighting to the models). Besides, I think Zack's head (Reunion patch one) is composed by two models: the head and the hair. Assigning 2 models for a single bone in a field model is very easy, but I'm not sure if it is possible in a battle model skeleton. I suggest you look at Alhexx site for further information.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006-02-19 22:38:21 »
Man, this thread is so much dead... Well, I supose It's my fault. Anyway, I've uploaded a tutorial about how to do model for FF7PC. Give it a read if you want to work in this project but don't know how. If you have any questions, suggestions or corrections, simply tell me.
See ya.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006-02-19 22:46:44 »
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something. This is only a small problem, but could you change the angle of Cloud's Buster Sword? I don't know if anyone else saw it, but I thought it looked a bit off. Revise this when you have finished the NPC reconstruction (I don't want to get in your way), or not at all if you do not have the time. Thanks a lot!

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006-02-20 00:16:36 »
I took a look at Kimera just the other day.  Good stuff Borde.  Looking forward to the tutorial.  Keep up the great work.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006-02-20 04:04:45 »
Reporting a bug:
Right after the save point in the Whirlwind Maze then Cloud says "Thats...!"
And its supposed to flash to the Shin-Ra in the plane, but it crashes. My save file is here: http://rapidshare.de/files/13680661/save00.ff7.html
I don't need anyone to play through it. Just wanted you to know.

*CRY* on the Highwind when Cait Sith says "everyone is here" crashed....
*CRY* no save points... *CRY*

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #40 on: 2006-02-20 16:28:48 »
This thread mustnt die, it would rock if all the NPC's were done up all nice and shiny like. Anyway, where is this tutorial? Can you put up a link? Thanks.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006-02-20 18:20:14 »
I supose I should have told it more acurately: the link is on the second post on this thread.

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006-02-21 20:59:28 »
this is a great idea and I hope it continues because I like to see everbody with the new look :)

ps: when a updates comes out do I need to pull my original files out again and patch them or can I just use the current ones?

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #43 on: 2006-02-28 20:11:56 »
Hey guys,

I was just watching my gf playing the game there and I was thinking to myself do you guys have any priority over which NPC gets spruced up first!? If ya do thats grand, but when i was watching the game (with the reunion patch - inside the shinra building) I couldnt help but laugh when president shinra looked so crap compared to the other characters. So what im thinking is to improve the important NPC's like, President Shinra or Tseng first. That way you could release an early version of the patch that would just be concerned with the NPC's who the group talk to and interact with in the cinematic cutscenes (ie: you have no control over your characters - your just reading the story - eg: Elmyra Cutscene). You probably have thought about this before! But im just putting it out there, and if you havent lets start making a list of important NPC's. (I would now, but im waiting for feedback :p)

Oh an on another side note would you have any problem improving the Shinra helicopter? It looks crap compared to the characters from the reunion patch.

Oh and i havent looked at your tutorial yet, but in the next two months or so ill definitly will.

P.S. Will this patch work along with reunion or will it replace it? I only ask because you have cloud redone in your pics.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006-02-28 22:05:02 »
Hello there spyrojyros_tail. Actually, I think that ice_cold513 already did President Shinra and Tseng. About the helicopter... well, I'll have a look at it. There is an helicoper at Battle.lgp, but I think it's exactly the same model.
About the the order of the conversions, personally I follow a chronological order. Ice_cold513 doesn't follow any special order.
By the way, nice to see you will at least give a look the tutorial. Thanks. Hope you join us (this sentence it's starting to lose all it's menaing...)

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #45 on: 2006-03-01 11:31:26 »
Course i will! (it just depends if i can figure out how to work with the models and produce quality ones) I think this patch will be more important than reunion and I think your right about the battle helicopter, in the first fight against rufus he grabs onto the helicopter and legs it, but its the same... i think. (which kinda defeats the cause)

I have a question though, its kinda difficult to phrase. The reunion characters clip the foreground sometimes. So is there a way of changing where the characters feet hit the ground?

I know if you change this then it might introduce new clipping/floating problems, but im thinking either raise the reunion characters a few centimeters (normal characters will be floating in mid air at this point, but this shouldnt matter due to reunions characters having actual legs instead of the normal stubby ones) and play the game like that... or make reunion characters alot smaller.

If you raise everyone up, they will be standing on different places, but wont be "floating"

I know these patches are not perfect and they are in beta stages, but if ya dont ask, you wont know. Maybe i should talk to reunion about this, but if it can be done, could it be incorporated into your patch?

PS: I know it looks like if you move hojo about 2 cm up, RedXIII will be very close to floating, but im thinking that this is a pespective thing, hojo will move up 2cm, but RedXIII will move up less than 2cm (since he is further away from the camera).

Well im just putting it out there, feel free to tell me to shut up cuz i dont know if this can be done, im just coming up with ideas. Anyway! I gotta do some work. Talk to you guys later.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006-03-01 13:11:01 »
Well, yeah, it's possible. We should change the animation files. Personally I don't know anything about the format of the animations but it shouldn't be too hard (I supose). When I get to know somtehing about that and all the models are done I'll tell you if I can do something about it, but right now I'm not iinterested. Sorry.
Personally I prefer to make the characters SD though.

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #47 on: 2006-03-01 16:11:24 »
Ok cool. what is SD?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006-03-01 19:13:56 »
How many time will I say this... SD stands for SuperDeform. It's like the way the original Field models look. Or, if you want a less crappy image, the way FF9 characters look. Big head, big hands and big feet.
Really, I thought this term was much more popular.
If you make the characters SD they have a size closer to the original and thus there is less clipping (yes, there is still some clipping).

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006-03-05 06:55:28 »
Bord and Ice-cold513,

do not give up!! There are many people like me that don't post much but follow closely and with extreme interest your progress!!  :love:

And we all think you are doing a great, marvellous job! If you guys would not mind, I personally would simply love to see the NPC models number updated regularly so that the number of the models done would be increasing as this Topic develops. It's a way to live with you each step ahead towards the right direction!

Let me thank you again and keep it up!